• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
At least from what I remember, Ken wasn't talked about that much.
He wasn’t talked about because nobody knew third party characters could have Echos. Then we found out about Richter it was obvious. That’s when Virgiben “leaked” Ken.

Vrbtm

Banned via Administration
I hate that the end of this cycle's most safe character is a boring echo choice who is alone iconic enough that he could be save for much later and get his own semi-clone playstyle anyways.

The fact Ken is the only certainty just....bores me to tears.
Boring but necessary. Given that he's the original echo fighter of ALL fighting games, it's just... satisfying that his status as an Echo Fighter in this game is a lock.

SebasSancy

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6766 2698 9475
So sad if after all this hints Isaac is back as an AT. Dont do that to us Sakurai

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Oh yeah, and Shadow.

He was totally considered the safest pick until Verg mentioned Ken. Then the box theory came around and added more evidence and buzz around him while seemingly deconfirmed Shadow to those who believed it.
He wasn’t talked about because nobody knew third party characters could have Echos. Then we found out about Richter it was obvious. That’s when Virgiben “leaked” Ken.
Curious: Do you think Simon was also a "safe" guess, or do you thing that Verge is only partly filled with BS?

Anyway if he only said Ken because he deemed him safe that makes me wonder what's keeping him from saying Shadow.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
zudY9cB.gif

>I wake up in a world where peoples seriously considers Sora now after being mocked for months and downplayed because of Muh Disney each time he was bringed up.

Let's go! I'm ready to die on that hill... I have nothing to lose anymore.
Except Never losing Hope!
HE WILL MAKE IT IN!​

Shroob

Sup?
Honestly, the worst part of this cycle isn't going to be the droughts between September to now, or the later half of June to August.

It's going to be the rest of November, and not only due to the wait.

It's going to be all the "I told you so!" "You're an idiot!" "Wow, you believed X? LMAO" that come with it.

While most of us are going to be happy that the speculation scene is over, or that certain characters got in, those of us that instead partake in rubbing it in are definitely going to sour the mood, regrettably.

Can we not just be happy Smash is going to be a good game?

HAHAHAHHAHAHA Who am I kidding? People's ego is more important after seeing this place over the last few days.

Last edited:

The_Intruder

Smash Apprentice
Not going to lie, if either Sora or Dante gets into Ultimate, I'm ready to declare this game as the greatest game in human history.
I think Sora ou Dante would end this smash in a big way, both are big franchise with a lot of fans around the wordl (and i'm not talking about smash fans), I see Sora as a modern cloud for a public reaction and Devil May cry as the ambassador of 3d beat them up so honestly if both are announced as the same time it would be truly legendary.

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
I really doubt Dante will get in. The DMC series has never had a game on Nintendo and Dante isn't a highly requested character at all.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
This is what I’m expecting for the Direct:
Between two and five newcomers.
Probably one echo and one newcomer for a lowball estimate and two echoes and three newcomers for a highball estimate.
One of the characters possibly being a 3rd party newcomer
Info on the new mode
A new stage or two
Info on yet to be seen Final Smashes
Info on streamlined Miis plus with new outfits
New alt outfits for both revealed ones and ones yet to be shown
Info on boss battles
Some info on internet capabilities
Most likely new items, Pokemon, and Assist trophies
New music
DLC announcement

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
If the Grinch Leak is real, I expect the smugness to only last a couple days to maybe a week. Most of us would be too hyped to care otherwise. Certain members of team real have been obnoxious but they won't feel the need to be when no one is trying to argue with them anymore.

If it turns out to be fake however? Oh boy. There's going to be endless amounts of salt and I-told-you-so's. I'm not sure if I'm ready to deal with all the chaos, and I'm definitely not sure if the poor mods who will have to clean up that mess will be either. And whoever gets revealed last - especially if that character is Incineroar - will be the scapegoat for months to come, just like Dark Pit and Corrin before them.

murdokdracul

"What do you mean you support Yoshimitsu?!"
NNID
murdokdracul
3DS FC
2836-0188-2561
Switch FC
SW-5151-9208-7814
I'm more suggesting a monkeys on typewriters scenario where we spit out very specific predictions in hopes that 1 of us happens to get one right .

I went with a Mio reveal opening with Luigi's ghost lost in the woods. It combines a prediction of playable Mio (possible, but like 0.5% chance), continuity between reveal trailers (possible, but haven't seen this in Ultimate yet so unlikely), and the specifics of a character reveal trailer (easier to predict, but still hard).

If by some miracle I get that all right, it will definitely look like I'm pretending to be making crap up and actually stealth leaking. With enough monkeys joining me on them keyboards, we might pump out a work of Shakespeare.
... Oh, so that's how the leakers do it.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Final Fantasy has many games on Nintendo and a lot of people wanted him in
Final Fantasy VII had zero games on Nintendo till after Cloud was in Smash.

That's not "Cloud's game". Cloud's game is FFVII and its spin-offs at best. He just had cameos in other games, not specifically related to him.

Same as Dante right now, having a small appearance in a game not related to him.

Shroob

Sup?
If the Grinch Leak is real, I expect the smugness to only last a couple days to maybe a week. Most of us would be too hyped to care otherwise. Certain members of team real have been obnoxious but they won't feel the need to be when no one is trying to argue with them anymore.

If it turns out to be fake however? Oh boy. There's going to be endless amounts of salt and I-told-you-so's. I'm not sure if I'm ready to deal with all the chaos, and I'm definitely not sure if the poor mods who will have to clean up that mess will be either. And whoever gets revealed last - especially if that character is Incineroar - will be the scapegoat for months to come, just like Dark Pit and Corrin before them.
Honestly, it's moreso team real that worries me.

With how flip-floppy they are(A handful have folded how many times now at the smallest amount of 'evidence'), and how flat out obnoxious a large handful of them are......

Yay I get Chorus Men.... Boo Smash Boards becomes insufferable for a bit.

D

Deleted member

If the leak turns out to be real, I won't be smug. I'll be overjoyed to see Isaac in. But, well, you know....

That's not "Cloud's game". Cloud's game is FFVII and its spin-offs at best. He just had cameos in other games, not specifically related to him.

Same as Dante right now, having a small appearance in a game not related to him.
Man, I wish Dante would get in. He would be so awesome to see in action.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I think that there'll be 5 characters shown.

3 Newcomers.

2 Echoes.

Johncenaroar will be a newcomer which is good cos I really like him.

Shadow and Ken will be the Echoes.

Random/retro pick for a newcomer.

Third party newcomer.

They're my radical predictions.

Noipoi

Howdy!
It's absolutely gonna get weird once there's no more news left to show, only waiting for the game. I've got one day left here before everything changes, i'm gonna try to enjoy it. I hope you guys do the same.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Honestly, the worst part of this cycle isn't going to be the droughts between September to now, or the later half of June to August.

It's going to be the rest of November, and not only due to the wait.

It's going to be all the "I told you so!" "You're an idiot!" "Wow, you believed X? LMAO" that come with it.

While most of us are going to be happy that the speculation scene is over, or that certain characters got in, those of us that instead partake in rubbing it in are definitely going to sour the mood, regrettably.

Can we not just be happy Smash is going to be a good game?

HAHAHAHHAHAHA Who am I kidding? People's ego is more important after seeing this place over the last few days.
Unfortunately that's obviously going to happen, but personally I can perfectly understand people no matter which side they take on the Grinch leak, I feel like there's logic on both sides. It's not like with the Ridley shadow or some of the ESRB counterargument which are ridiculous in hindsight, I'll stick by that the proof both in favor and against the Grinch leak is strong enough that neither side will come off as stupid or gullible at the end of it.

HyruleHero

Smash Journeyman

But it's probably thanks to clouds appearance in smash that got us all these FF game ports over to switch. Accepting a chacyer that hasn't had many appearances on Nintendo means that we may see there games ported so that's cool.

Wiziliz

Smash Journeyman
Has hope come back to everyone or is everyone still freaking out after Verge's comment?

Shroob

Sup?
Unfortunately that's obviously going to happen, but personally I can perfectly understand people no matter which side they take on the Grinch leak, I feel like there's logic on both sides. It's not like with the Ridley shadow or some of the ESRB counterargument which are ridiculous in hindsight, I'll stick by that the proof both in favor and against the Grinch leak is strong enough that neither side will come off as stupid or gullible at the end of it.
Oh please.

I'm already seeing people here call others idiots and morons for not believing the Grinch leak.

It's already begun, and those people are VERY vocal(And strangely more than not brand new members who only recently joined due to this leak).

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
But it's probably thanks to clouds appearance in smash that got us all these FF game ports over to switch. Accepting a chacyer that hasn't had many appearances on Nintendo means that we may see there games ported so that's cool.
That's irrelevant to the point being made. It's that the character didn't have their game on a Nintendo system, just like Dante didn't. But both Cloud and Dante had small appearances on Nintendo consoles.

Though I agree having them in Smash could also help people get more interested in the series, making it easier to port over their games. So it'd be great seeing DMC games on Nintendo systems too.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Has hope come back to everyone or is everyone still freaking out after Verge's comment?
I dunno about Isaac fans, but personally I didn't lose hope for anyone in the first place. We're getting a direct tomorrow, we'll know then. Who cares about leakers right now?

Last edited:

HyruleHero

Smash Journeyman
It's absolutely gonna get weird once there's no more news left to show, only waiting for the game. I've got one day left here before everything changes, i'm gonna try to enjoy it. I hope you guys do the same.
With no more news a smash discussion can finally start. 38 days to discuss all the additions and see if we can find any hidden details. We talked about an unconfirmed leak for 6 days. With the actual facts we'll be able to have a great convo about how characters are gonna play and the competitive side. Smash is always fun to talk about :)

The_Intruder

Smash Apprentice
Final Fantasy has many games on Nintendo and a lot of people wanted him in
Cloud is only on a FF that was not on a nintendo system + not everything will come from the ballot, if the franchise is popular enough outside of it they could pick a character too and this is the case with Kingdom Hearts and Devil may cry. I think a lot of people are going to be happy with them.

Fortnite4Smash

Smash Apprentice
Team real members are cowards, if you have folded more than once, you do not deserve to celebrate banjo's reveal trailer.

Noipoi

Howdy!
With no more news a smash discussion can finally start. 38 days to discuss all the additions and see if we can find any hidden details. We talked about an unconfirmed leak for 6 days. With the actual facts we'll be able to have a great convo about how characters are gonna play and the competitive side. Smash is always fun to talk about :)
It certainly won't be bad, it'll just be different from what we're used to at this point.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Oh please.

I'm already seeing people here call others idiots and morons for not believing the Grinch leak.

It's already begun, and those people are VERY vocal(And strangely more than not brand new members who only recently joined due to this leak).
I mean, I said that it's obviously going to happen, I'm just stating my own stance on it.

ChronoKatie

Smash Journeyman
NNID
cocobrien
Switch FC
7004 2762 0628
Emily Rogers said she disagrees with everything Mystic said. Mystic has actually agreed that she is probably the more accurate one, and is locking down his account because he expects angry people for getting it all wrong.

For the record, Mystic said Isaac and Geno were in, and Emily says she completely disagrees with him. He now agrees with her.

D

Deleted member

It certainly won't be bad, it'll just be different from what we're used to at this point.
I'm looking forward to it honestly.
Emily Rogers said she disagrees with everything Mystic said. Mystic has actually agreed that she is probably the more accurate one, and is locking down his account because he expects angry people for getting it all wrong.

For the record, Mystic said Isaac and Geno were in, and Emily says she completely disagrees with him. He now agrees with her.
.....Wow. That was quick on his part lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom