• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Okay let’s make a bet on how far into the direct will be the point that everybody looses their collective **** over the leak... for if it’s right or wrong...

Personally I hope it’s at the very start
It's gonna start with Incineroar, and people are gonna flip...
But then when Isaac gets revealed right after...

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Character Predictions

Ken €
Viridi € (or a dump for palutena's custom moves)
Shadow €
Incinaroar
Impa
Ryu Hayabusa
Geno
Isaac
Giegue
Elma
Paper Mario
Parabo & Satebo
Agumon

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
I mean you guys realize that even if GameXplain knew about the entire roster they would not let us know who was in with a predictions video. Then everyone would know they have inside sources and their “predictions” videos would just be people tuning in to figure out what’s coming out and what’s in what.

But I don’t think they have Smash info. Jon got Isabelle as a unique character correct, but as someone else mentioned he said no K. Rool and then he was revealed in the Direct.

Dcas

Smash Journeyman
Yes... Sadly Isaac isn't relevant enough. Jon made a good point and completely shut down the Isaac hype train. /s
Not only him but literally every other single insider. Im not pro "insider" but i cant find a logic way to refute their logic, why every single one of them says no isaac? I have no facts against that so ill rather assume he is not in, ill gladly eat my words but yeah.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Something I’ve been thinking about recently is whether a character like strider hiryu is eligible for smash. For those who don’t know, Strider initially began as a multimedia franchise of a manga and a game, with the manga coming first, making strider a manga character. But at the same time strider is way more well known as a videogame character than a mang character, having made many appearances in games throughout the years. When you look up videogame ninjas, strider is always there, and you could argue that the manga was just there to advertise the game. But idrk.
I'd say he still counts as a video game character despite his manga coming first due to delay..

However, I don't see a universe where Hiryu is getting in before Ryu Hayabusa.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Jon seems to be under the impression Sakurai is picking characters like this is any old regular Smash game.

Which should've been shot out the window the moment E3 showed up and not only did Everyone is Here happened, but Ridley finally made it in and we got Daisy as a newcomer.

Like did he just peace out on E3 or something?

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
The Grinch Leak is Leak bait and the reason why GameXplain isn’t talking about it is that they know it’s bait. The loose sense of security on social media IE sponser wendy’s Talking about it and Nintendo showing the supposed item. It also explains the quality of the leak and the silence about it. Please don’t kill me Nintendo ninja’s

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I mean you guys realize that even if GameXplain knew about the entire roster they would not let us know who was in with a predictions video. Then everyone would know they have inside sources and their “predictions” videos would just be people tuning in to figure out what’s coming out and what’s in what.

But I don’t think they have Smash info. Jon got Isabelle as a unique character correct, but as someone else mentioned he said no K. Rool and then he was revealed in the Direct.
Isabelle is a popular character these days. Anyone could have predicted her easily, or decide to go with her and think she would get revealed. Just saying.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
One character from the Banner 7 is in the game. The other 6 aren't.

You get to choose.

Who are you going to pick?

Personally, it's Banjo-Kazooie for me. That game was my absolute favourite when I was a kid and I played it on repeat.
Chorus Kids, for me. Rhythm Heaven should have a character at this point, and as the resident Chrom fan, well...you don't leave a man (or three) behind.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
DLC character requests are fine, but can I have an option for DLC music.

Give me that and stick it on Battlefield, and I will never play on another stage again.

Phobos_Anomaly

Smash Cadet
I'm on the best team: Team.

Can't go wrong there!
All this talk of how relevancy is essential to character additions when everybody seems to be forgetting Richter's last major appearance was 1997...As far as I'm concerned, Richter hardcore torpedoed that argument.
This. Like before Brawl when was the last time we saw R.O.B.? I know that's the "retro" character and all, but I think relevancy has little to do with any addition.

My bet for tomorrow? I put all my chips on Mr. Saturn. :p

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Yea this whole too good to be true from the grinch roster

How did
:ultridley::ultkrool::ultdaisy::ultdarksamus::ultchrom::ultsimon::ultrichter:
Even get in then

And several thing are in the fan favor

Look no matter what insiders say or what team fake throws

I’m still sticking with 50/50 leaning toward real

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
The Grinch Leak is Leak bait and the reason why GameXplain isn’t talking about it is that they know it’s bait. The loose sense of security on social media IE sponser wendy’s Talking about it and Nintendo showing the supposed item. It also explains the quality of the leak and the silence about it. Please don’t kill me Nintendo ninja’s
The supposed item is the leaf plant, right?

Shroob

Sup?

I mean, there hasn't been a single leaker in the entirety of Smash's lifespan that has known the entire roster, so far that's only ever been the ESRB leak.

You really can't say "Well they didn't say X would be in" as an argument in this situation.

paper roxy

Smash Ace
I'm keeping tabs on Jon. He's the one that "predicted" all that crazy stuff in September.

- Story mode against main villains that have kidnapped the heroes, CGI cutscenes.
- A new Pokémon fighter.
- Chibi-Robo.
- A Tetris stage.
- Viridi as Palutena echo.
- Tropical Freeze stage (Saw Mill Thrill).
- Online seasons with franchises. Splatfests almost, like "Mario vs. Zelda" and characters earn points for their franchise.
- 100% on Ken being an echo.
- Doesn't think Isaac is relevant enough to be a fighter, especially after being cut from an AT.
- Master Hand will speak, and have dialogue, during Classic and Spirits modes. Specifies hand puns.
- Rayman and Klonoa are ATs.
- We'll learn about DLC, but no DLC characters shown off in this Direct.
- No new Xenoblade characters, but a Skell will be an item to jump in and attack enemies.
- Says Geno and Banjo won't be in the base game, but are likely for DLC.

We'll see, Jon.
i get that hes 'predicted' stuff but at the same time, its pretty obvious he had some in-the-know with nintendo and they might be trying to keep him hush-hush, or they might just be giving insiders fake info so no one knows whats real and we're all still suprised

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797

LetterO

Smash Lord
Not only him but literally every other single insider. Im not pro "insider" but i cant find a logic way to refute their logic, why every single one of them says no isaac? I have no facts against that so ill rather assume he is not in, ill gladly eat my words but yeah.
Considering many of those insiders don't have proof themslves besides "uhh trust my source" and Isaac has many things going for him (Golden Sun's early trademark renewal, the mysterious item, etc.) I wouldn't buy into them. I haven't really trusted any of the insiders, Jon and Mystic included.

Last edited:

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Roger on Japan Time was actually pretty illuminating on that--many of the characters "predicted" were stuff going through the insider circles, though when Isabelle was brought up he said you'd have to ask him on that one. :chuckle:

(I think, it's a long podcast and it's hard to find the specific point to fact check it)
E3 was leaked so bad that a nobody like LoZ leaked the E3 direct with pinpoint accuracy and nothing after

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I just gotta say I love how Noipoi Noipoi 's art is slowly taking over this thread. Sooner or later we'll all have Noipoi avatars.

I've actually been considering changing my avatar to this for a while;
...Might I might not anyway, I don't like changing my avatar too frequently and will probably eventually go back to my ice dragon one from before.

Last edited:

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Chorus Kids, for me. Rhythm Heaven should have a character at this point, and as the resident Chrom fan, well...you don't leave a man (or three) behind.
Unless it's your sister. :)

...Too soon?

D

Deleted member

I'd say he still counts as a video game character despite his manga coming first due to delay..

However, I don't see a universe where Hiryu is getting in before Ryu Hayabusa.
Yeah, it was just a hypothetical. Hiryu would be cool though, especially since greninja’s final smash is literally ragnarok.

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
Lol “every other insider”

Can you please name some names? Because the only insider I’ve heard so far mention Isaac by name is Mystic and he said he’s in.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
honestly square letting one of their most popular characters being an assist(in terms of fans that are just nintendo fans) and, like you said, sakurai disrespecting geno like that is waaay too unlikely
Who? Geno?

Are you aware that Square Enix also owns Final Fantasy, Chrono Trigger, Dragon Quest, Kingdom Hearts, Tomb Raider, Star Ocean and Drakengard/Nier?

Potato_

Smash Lord
Jon seems to be under the impression Sakurai is picking characters like this is any old regular Smash game.

Which should've been shot out the window the moment E3 showed up and not only did Everyone is Here happened, but Ridley finally made it in and we got Daisy as a newcomer.

Like did he just peace out on E3 or something?
Relevancy still being used as an argument is completely backwards to me.

K.Rool was picked from the ballot, Sakurai downright admitted it.

Last edited:

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
It's not. One because making the 3 most wanted characters bait and then not having then in is suicidal, two they probably wouldn't be able to legally print Geno and Banjo and three it's a waste of money hiring people and a company to print it.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Huh... Didn't know that. What about Simon? I know he was the OG Castlevania dude. Is there a third protagonist for Castlevania? (I've never played Castlevania as you can probably tell)
Castlevania has a lot of protagonists. Simon is one of the main ones but the other major reoccurring ones are Alucard, Richter, Trevor, Gabriel, and Soma Cruz. Most are members of the Belmont clan, a family of vampire hunters that spans centuries. I believe Simon stars in the most with three games if I remember correctly plus a ton of cameos.

ChronoKatie

Smash Journeyman
NNID
cocobrien
Switch FC
7004 2762 0628
Hey everyone! Hope you are all well!

Has there been any news on musings of who we are getting on Thursday? I figure some insiders may have made some guesses.

NineS

Smash Lord
Our country is incredibly divided now. It seems like, on both sides, people are too afraid to speak out and voice their opinions as much as they did before. If you try to defend people dressing up as African Americans for Halloween, you risk losing your job. If you dare criticize the President, some nutjob will send a bomb to you. It's an absolute mess.
President? We're not allowed to criticize him?
What are we, communists?
i'm looking at you, soviet memers.
But there's one man I know who can fix all your problems.
CwzzYm3UkAAdeW_.jpg

His first move of his campaign is getting 2B in Smash. His Campaign Slogan? 2B or not 2B.

You can show your support for this new presidential campaign runner by supporting 2B for Smash. If she gets in, he's a guaranteed winner.

NOTE: Not actually running for presidency. He's Japanese.

Last edited:

LetterO

Smash Lord
I don't know if this is a joke or not but I'm gonna say no in the chance that you are serious. There's no way Nintendo would go this far just for leakbait. Especially since none of the leakers or insiders buy it.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
DLC character requests are fine, but can I have an option for DLC music.

Give me that and stick it on Battlefield, and I will never play on another stage again.
Nihon Falcom knows how to make good games, and good music

Potato_

Smash Lord
President? We're not allowed to criticize him?
What are we, communists?
i'm looking at you, soviet memers.
But there's one man I know who can fix all your problems.View attachment 173824

His first move of his campaign is getting 2B in Smash. His Campaign Slogan? 2B or not 2B.

You can show your support for this new presidential campaign runner by supporting 2B for Smash. If she gets in, he's a guaranteed winner.

NOTE: Not actually running for presidency. He's Japanese.
A2 echo and I'll vote.

who the hell am I kidding I'd probably vote for him regardless

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom