• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Potato_

Smash Lord
Geno/Isaac's fates.
Sora being in or not.
They all feels that Mach Riders is an AT, and that there is chance that Geno might one too sadly.
Chorus Kids Being AT too.
They feel somehow comfortable with Isaac being in.

Banjo seems to be out somehow-
Have they said anything about a Test Smash or demo coming out shortly after the direct?

Because with the switch bundle and gamecube restocks being literally the day after the direct this stuff lines up very well. It's probably the prediction I'm most confident in.

Iridium

Smash Hero
I just gotta say I love how Noipoi Noipoi 's art is slowly taking over this thread. Sooner or later we'll all have Noipoi avatars.

I've actually been considering changing my avatar to this for a while;

...Might I might not anyway, I don't like changing my avatar too frequently and will probably eventually go back to my ice dragon one from before.
I call the fungi in my headcanon "Noipoicus Animelae". I think I like that.

Last edited:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Have they said anything about a Test Smash or demo coming out shortly after the direct?

Because with the switch bundle and gamecube restocks being literally the day after the direct this stuff lines up very well. It's probably the prediction I'm most confident in.
Not that I know, they seems to focus on the characters, and guessing the fates of who might be the Assist Trophies on that Grinch banner

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Chrom and Daisy were absolutely relevant though. They were still being used in a bunch of things right up until their reveals.
Relevant, but still only echoes lol. The most interesting thing about most of Ultimates newcomers are that they primarily are fan demand characters

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Oh boy...ZhugeEX himself commented on the ResetERA thread

Source

For people who will asks, ZhugeEX is a VERY reliable industry analyst when it comes to sales, and all of that economical stuff more...Important stuff who happens to have tons of **** right by sometimes teasing things-

Supposedly, it seems that people at ResetERA are gettig close to the truth with their speculation?
What have they been saying? Had to rinse my brain out after watching the GX video. :troll:

EDIT: Just read your recap. Thanks :)

Last edited:

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Yeah, but I'm far less annoyed by it.

I really do hope that Geno fans get what they want. But the conversations around Geno in this thread are driving me up a wall. I swear only like 20% of the people talking about him have ever even touched the one game he was in twenty years ago.
Yeah, because that one game he was in 20 years ago was super good and laid the groundwork for two other super good RPG spinoffs.
It's still a Mario game at the end of the day, I think people underestimate how much weight that has. I'm not saying he's on the scale of other Square properties or even characters, but compared to other Square properties and characters as candidates for a Nintendo Centric game?

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
At the same time, imagine how this thread would react if this was the very first noise after the Smash Bros intro.
I wouldn't know because I would have to avoid the thread out of necessity due to how fast it'll be moving no matter what happens.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I decided to make this a separate post from the one above.

Though Jon did predict those things in the September Direct, that doesn't mean he outrif
"I'm going to pull a game no one else in the entire world is considering and it just happens to come true."

No, that's a leak.

Jon's a ResetEra mod, he knows ****.
What I mean is...

Though Jon did predict those things in the September Direct correctly, that doesn't mean he outright knew about them. In fact, he may have had sources that hinted at these things or made good conclusions based on what he knew or learned, and I doubt he learned everything from companies. Hence the educated guess part. In the end, that was still a guess, and I am sure he did not know outright for sure about these games. He just had sources indicating and showing not too much stuff and hints that he used to formulate his opinions and predictions. Now, it is possible I could be wrong, but still, I don't think my reasoning is far fetched.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Geno/Isaac's fates.
Sora being in or not.
They all feels that Mach Riders is an AT, and that there is chance that Geno might one too sadly.

No no no!!!
There must be a reason...

Maybe Chorus Kids aren't the playable Rhythm Heaven rep, but someone else is...

Last edited:

Ragel

Smash Apprentice
Real or fake... I really want to see the Grinch movie now, even though it doesn't seem as good as the year 2000 version. This whole dilemma is really gonna boost movie sales.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Regardless of who we get I hope we get another ''Everyone is Here!" style trailer once the entire base roster is revealed.

That was one of the most epic gaming experiences and looking back, it was crazy to think we should've known we were in for something special when just 50 seconds in a 3 minute trailer we had a drastically redesigned Zelda in terms of looks.

Tako Tuesday

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0245-5753-9220
Okay Everyone!

I've finally finished the second poster!

The amount of users is more than doubled from the last image, but once again I couldn't get everyone unfortunately. I did give a few shout-outs to those I couldn't draw though!

Warning, it's quite long. If you wanna see all of it you're gonna hafta scroll. It's so big the quality looks a little fuzzy :laugh:.

But that's besides the point, I know you're all eager to see it! So without further ado, I give you!

drumroll again

THE SEASON TWO POSTER!!!

THIS IS AMAZING. NANI? Yo
Okay Everyone!

The amount of users is more than doubled from the last image, but once again I couldn't get everyone unfortunately. I did give a few shout-outs to those I couldn't draw though!

Warning, it's quite long. If you wanna see all of it you're gonna hafta scroll. It's so big the quality looks a little fuzzy :laugh:.

But that's besides the point, I know you're all eager to see it! So without further ado, I give you!

drumroll again

THE SEASON TWO POSTER!!!

Sorry I couldn't reply earlier, I was at work. First the direct announcement, now THIS?! IT'S SO AMAZING. I'm speechless. And you even included me? How nice! Thanks man, this made my day.

D

Deleted member

It's almost like a significant amount of his support comes from bandwagoners or something. :smirk:
I feel like there’s a distinction between bandwagoning, i.e. only wanting someone because everybody else wants them, and wanting a character because from what you have seen of them they look cool.

Mutsukki

Smash Ace
Today we still have music post to keep us sane.

Tomorrow will be the absolute worst. I'm (kinda...) glad that I'll be all day at college so I don't have to deal with it lol

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Actually, before Brawl ROB last had an appearance in mario kart DS in 2005, Before that was as part of the Mute City stage in melee in 2001, then his successor ROB 64 was in Starfox 64. Never really a star, but even outside of his series he's had a stable appearance.
ROB also appeared in StarTropics as your Submarine co-navigator named Nav-Com, with multiple appearances throughout the adventure.

LetterO

Smash Lord
Yeah.. uh.. No damn way any of the Grinch 7 are ATs IMO. The only ones I could see is Mach Rider and as much as I hate to say it Chorus Kids.

JoshOmega

Smash Rookie
Okay Everyone!

drumroll again

THE SEASON TWO POSTER!!!

Awesome job! You have a talent keep it up!

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Geno/Isaac's fates.
Sora being in or not.

You might be placing a little too much faith into 2 people who've been changing their opinions on everything the past day.

larlargaming

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LarlarGaming
3DS FC
2578-3594-9063
Oh boy...ZhugeEX himself commented on the ResetERA thread

Source

For people who will asks, ZhugeEX is a VERY reliable industry analyst when it comes to sales, and all of that economical stuff more...Important stuff who happens to have tons of **** right by sometimes teasing things-

Supposedly, it seems that people at ResetERA are gettig close to the truth with their speculation?
huh ?

Potato_

Smash Lord
Last edited:

paper roxy

Smash Ace
feels really bad thinking of how the fanbase reaction to the grinch leak being fake would impact sakurai

like, just imagine getting people insanely hyped for your game, the ultimate in your series, just for everyone's hopes to get brought too high up with a credible leak that has an all-star cast of characters, but then announcing incineroar, ken, and Minecraft Steve as the final characters and watching that hype just die out. i especially feel bad for all the **** he'd get about it because we All know how this fanbase can be

Shroob

Sup?
Today we still have music post to keep us sane.

Tomorrow will be the absolute worst. I'm (kinda...) glad that I'll be all day at college so I don't have to deal with it lol
I'm actually wondering if they'll delay the music to coincide with a revealed newcomer.

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
Maybe, but I think Karate Joe or Tap Trial Girl are first in line...
Would you be okay with a Rhythm Heaven rep that isn’t Chorus Kids if they are an AT? I’m not familiar with the series and I only see Karate Joe mentioned if not the Kids.

Karate Joe might be possible if people were on to something with that tv reference in the K. Rool reveal trailer.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom