• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
I guess if there is actually one little stupid thing that pushes my opinion towards fake...

It’s that the blue on Mach Rider’s suit is too bright to match with the original and too bright for a lot of Ultimate’s redesigns...

I mean a lot of the game was so dull looking that people complained about it until they raised the vibrantness of the colors. I think that having the gritty biker gal wear something that bright and making the goofy crocodile king like a realistic shade would be a very wild design choice...

But then again this may be stupid and Mach Rider May look like an eyesore

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696

Bladeviper

Smash Ace
NNID
Bladeviper
Jon thinks that Dragon Quest is represented and Geno isn't on the base roster.
I'm ready for Thursday, make this happen Sakurai.
as long as its an actual character from dq and not something like a slime id be down for that.

The DanMan051

Banned via Warnings
GDI of course I have to have classes during the Direct. Why couldn't it have been anytime after 3:30 EST.

I'm also anticipating madness when/if Isaac and Geno are shown as ATs.

Fane

Smash Journeyman
Okay, I've had enough.

So much faith being put into the insiders, when they literally all have conflicting info.

Gonna rest on this until the Direct. The amount of flip-flopping and contradictions right now is ridiculous.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
One character from the Banner 7 is in the game. The other 6 aren't.

You get to choose.

Who are you going to pick?

Personally, it's Banjo-Kazooie for me. That game was my absolute favourite when I was a kid and I played it on repeat.
Isaac, any day. He's in my top 5 most wanted.

xAquaCrystal

Smash Journeyman
They're 50/50 on shadow, though more of them believe he's in? Since they think it doesn't make sense for them to hold him back for so long, only to put him as an AT again with Knuckles
Thanks for answering :) and yeah those are my exact thoughts too. Shadow’s AT should of had been shown along with the Knuckles AT..

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
I guess if there is actually one little stupid thing that pushes my opinion towards fake...

It’s that the blue on Mach Rider’s suit is too bright to match with the original and too bright for a lot of Ultimate’s redesigns...

I mean a lot of the game was so dull looking that people complained about it until they raised the vibrantness of the colors. I think that having the gritty biker gal wear something that bright and making the goofy crocodile king like a realistic shade would be a very wild design choice...

But then again this may be stupid and Mach Rider May look like an eyesore
So much doubt for my girl Mach Rider. Brings a tear to my eye

RandomAce

Smash Champion
Didnt Jon “predict” Shadow a few weeks ago?
I mean, a couple of 100s people here did too. And a lot outside in the wide area of the internet.

Alot of people were pegging Shadow.

Cmon people, only 169 more pages to go!

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
The game was good. I played it. I enjoyed it. I'm not anti-Geno at all. But I'm also a realist, and outside of the Smash fandom's echo chamber, Geno's not well known by any stretch of the imagination. If you mean "Nintendo-centric" as in a Square owned property guest starring in a Nintendo IP? Yeah, he has no competition because that rarely happens. Square games that were Nintendo-centric? Like half of their hits were exclusively on the SNES. Pick one.

Geno fans: Embrace your underdog role instead of trying to convince people you're actually the favorite.
It's really not an underdog role at this point, though.

I don't see another Square rep with a Mii Costume... Besides Chocobo, anyway. If the demand was inside an "echo chamber", that wouldn't have happened, and Sakurai would not have acknowledged he was popular in the ballot, something he has not said about ANY other character besides K. Rool. Was K. Rool an Underdog? Was Daisy? You know, the girl who never even got an AT and got in after Rosalina, a character who barely even appeared in Spin Offs until the 3DS era?
Cripes, I'm not saying he's remotely close to Sonic or Megaman tier, I'm literally just telling you the "echo chamber" is an absurd notion that literally has evidence otherwise.

Last edited:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Okay, I've had enough.

So much faith being put into the insiders, when they literally all have conflicting info.

Gonna rest on this until the Direct. The amount of flip-flopping and contradictions right now is ridiculous.
It's flip flopping faster than Big Show flip flopping between turning heel and face

Lord help us all

Noipoi

Howdy!
Okay, I've had enough.

I've decided to stop caring about Insiders. We'll know what's up in a day, it doesn't matter that much anymore.

SuperSceptile15

Smash Lord
Freaking Tetris

Tetris

If that's true, Sakurai is truly a madman without equal
So let me get this straight. GameXplain refuses to talk about one of the biggest Smash leaks of all time aside from dismissing it due to "lol too blurry", yet they have no problem making up their own predictions where they think a Tetris block, of all things, will be playable? Yep. It's undeniable at this point. Nintendo has them tightly held by the chains.

Last edited:

paper roxy

Smash Ace
I don’t even like Isaac but relevancy is a weak argument against anyone

Ice Climbers are the definition of irrelevant
Mr Game & Watch, too
Ness arguably wouldn’t even really be remembered if it wasn’t for Smash
Etc
ness would still be remembered but earthbound would still be as obscure in america as it was when it came out

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
The resetera "putting the piece together" ZhugeEX hint may be referring to this post

So if we put the pieces together we may end up with something like:

Incineroar and Ken are in.
Shadow and Isaac are back as ATs.
Mach Rider and Chorus Kids are normal trophies.
Banjo is not in the game.
Geno ???
A surprise character, maybe even two. One could be from a third party (SE?).

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Oh boy...ZhugeEX himself commented on the ResetERA thread

Source

For people who will asks, ZhugeEX is a VERY reliable industry analyst when it comes to sales, and all of that economical stuff more...Important stuff who happens to have tons of **** right by sometimes teasing things-

Supposedly, it seems that people at ResetERA are gettig close to the truth with their speculation?
Based on this, the recommendation coming from there is to keep your expectations dangling above rock bottom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom