• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Good Lord, you people with your Gamexplain conspiracy ****.

Never change.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Jon also believes skrells will be items that fighters can take control of with no more xenoblade characters at laucnh

HesIn

Smash Apprentice
Wii Sports Bowler is a playable character guys! Please share and subscribe, I'm an insider.

mezbomber

Smash Journeyman
Inb4 everyone tries to coordinate reaching page 6969 along with the fighter 69 reveal, and passes page 8000 before Thursday.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Last edited:

KingBroly

Smash Lord
So let me get this straight. GameXplain refuses to talk about one of the biggest Smash leaks of all time aside from dismissing it due to "lol too blurry", yet they have no problem make up their own predictions where they think a Tetris block, of all things, will be playable? Yep. It's undeniable at this point. Nintendo has them tightly held by the chains.
yeah, if Tetris has a playable character, I'd say Nintendo literally owns GameXplain.

D

Deleted member

A playable Tetris block would be the hypest thing ever.

I really want that to happen now.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
It's really not an underdog role at this point, though.

I don't see another Square rep with a Mii Costume... Besides Chocobo, anyway. If the demand was inside an "echo chamber", that wouldn't have happened, and Sakurai would not have acknowledged he was popular in the ballot, something he has not said about ANY other character besides K. Rool. Was K. Rool an Underdog? Was Daisy? You know, the girl who never even got an AT and got in after Rosalina, a character who barely even appeared in Spin Offs until the 3DS era?
Cripes, I'm not saying he's remotely close to Sonic or Megaman tier, I'm literally just telling you the "echo chamber" is an absurd notion that literally has evidence otherwise.
I can attest to echo chamber for Geno being ****ing BULL****.

I did not play Super Mario RPG as a child/growing up. Shocking I know, because I LOVE the Mario franchise and go on about it, but I just never got around to it.

I didn't even find out about it joining Smash Boards. I didn't discover the want for him in Smash from the internet.

You know how I discovered it? My best friend and roommate. When we became friends and discussed Smash one of the first characters out of his mouth that he wanted for Smash and still wants to this day?

Geno.

He's the reason I've played Super Mario RPG. He's the reason I know about Geno. I thought he was alone until I joined the boards.

Boy was I wrong.

D

Deleted member

Ugh I really hope that Jon didn't have any inside info this time and was just predicting just because he said Elma won't be in
tho a skell item would be pretty badass dont @ me

D

Deleted member

Okay, normally I'm not on any sides, but the fact that there is so many conflicting answers, alongside conflictions with Sakurai's own statements and actual development planning, I'm gonna lean and root for Team Real.

Yeah, there's totally gonna be Dragon Quest representation, even though Sakurai chooses which characters are joining from said company and has had one specific character laced with Smash history, yeah Dragon Quest is the one.

Again, just more proof that papagenos papagenos and Spawn wave are the only people we can trust.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Okay, I've had enough.

So much faith being put into the insiders, when they literally all have conflicting info.

Gonna rest on this until the Direct. The amount of flip-flopping and contradictions right now is ridiculous.
Well let's take solace in the fact that one way or another we're gonna be surprised.

Was this Nintendo's plan all along?

SAKURAIIIIIIIIIII!!!

SebasSancy

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6766 2698 9475
Gamexplain are 50/50 on Isaac's inclusion u.u

I just want one of my top 3 most wanted, just one and Isaac would be perfecto

paper roxy

Smash Ace
Why always people have to shove political agenda on things like videogames?

Geez, Im mexican therefore not really a fan of Trump, but... why the majority of the journalist likes to shove political things in this kind of things and blame Trump for everything?

Im gettin' tired of that.
yea i really dont want to be reminded of how ****ty the world is when talking about nintendo games tbh

edit: i wanna make it clear im not against political messages in games, i just feel weird about them in nintendo games

Last edited:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
GUYS

The piece is supposed to troll the **** out of us to make us paranoid. Get your senses together and hold them in until Thursday

HesIn

Smash Apprentice
Isaac going from AT, to completely gone, to AT again is the ultimate disrespect. Has that ever happened in Smash before? It's so ridiculously mean-spirited I can't fathom Sakurai doing it.

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
Lmao, one Grinch leak later and everyone has gone from

"Two more is fine its the ultimate smash, we got Ridley and K.Rool" to "**** Sakurai how dare he"

Last edited:

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
What's funny to me about insiders is that they had literally nothing to say until the leak came to light, then suddenly everyone wants to talk, I guess.

I can't wait until Thursday, and probably a good week end full of "I told you so" no matter who's right and then we can all go back to being friends and loving Ultimate.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
The resetera "putting the piece together" ZhugeEX hint may be referring to this post
Why would Mach Rider get a new Trophy?

They haven't made new models for Trophies since melee (and most of them were first day of 3D modelling levels of "quality") outside of the Mega Man supporting cast.

LetterO

Smash Lord
And Banjo fans. And Mach Rider fans. And Shadow fans.
Isaac was gone for an entire game just to be brought back as an AT. Chorus Kids were scrapped as fighters just to come back as ATs. Banjo, Shadow, and Mach Rider wouldn't be as screwed over as those 2 are.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
It's really not an underdog role at this point, though.

I don't see another Square rep with a Mii Costume... Besides Chocobo, anyway. If the demand was inside an "echo chamber", that wouldn't have happened, and Sakurai would not have acknowledged he was popular in the ballot, something he has not said about ANY other character besides K. Rool. Was K. Rool an Underdog? Was Daisy? You know, the girl who never even got an AT and got in after Rosalina, a character who barely even appeared in Spin Offs until the 3DS era?
Cripes, I'm not saying he's remotely close to Sonic or Megaman tier, I'm literally just telling you the "echo chamber" is an absurd notion that literally has evidence otherwise.
Okay, we're clearly talking about two different things here. Back up a few replies.

A user said that Geno was Square Enix's most popular character.

I refuted that based on the fact that, well, no he is not. Final Fantasy has 20 or 30 ****ing sequels. Tomb Raider has three motion pictures. Dragon Quest is on number... what, 11? Kingdom Hearts stars goddamn Disney characters.

When I say "Smash echo chamber", I mean this very forum and the greater Smash community that is overwhelmingly aware of who Geno is, possibly (and probably) despite never actually playing his one and only game. He is popular among Smash fans. This is arguably due to pack mentality and bandwagoning, but whether it's "real" or not, he has a huge following within our community. Outside that community? No. Especially not when being compared to some of the most prominent videogame and multimedia franchises of all time. That was my point like four posts ago. And what you're saying is just fleshing out what the echo chamber is and why it's important to the possibility of Geno's appearance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom