• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

paper roxy

Smash Ace
Huh... Didn't know that. What about Simon? I know he was the OG Castlevania dude. Is there a third protagonist for Castlevania? (I've never played Castlevania as you can probably tell)
i think jotaro was the third castlevania protagonist, but that was when they ditched the old school vampire stuff and went with a weird trip around the world.

KMDP

Smash Legend
There was a problem fetching the tweet

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Probably BS but this is super Random from him
"A character was missed in the labelling"

Is it real?

Is Skull Kid really in the banner?

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
All I have to say is if you think they're gonna reveal less than 4 characters in a FOURTY MINUTE LONG DIRECT is that ya may wanna reconsider

Hopefully I'm not jinxing it

Bob-omb-omb

Smash Rookie
So what's the current status?
I got lost many pages back.
Is the grinch still alive? Is there any new credible leak? Has the photo of the box with the bag been debunked yet?
Still alive, but a ton of conflicting info is coming out now...

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
Is the grinch still alive? Is there any new credible leak? Has the photo of the box with the bag been debunked yet?
Box literally can't get debunked unless we get someone other than Kencineroar/Geno

It's not a leak like everything else its just a theory based on box art

As for Grinch, it depends on who/what you trust. Insiders unanimously think its bogus, but you could think the images are proof enough

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I think even Geno fans are aware they're not the most iconic Square character that could be added. They're not morons. In fact they're some of the best people in the Smash community I've met. They're passionate, nice, and very seldom and I mean VERY seldom have I come across a Geno fan who stooped to levels of other corners of Smash Speculation.

And they're aware of their place in all of this. They know that they aren't as important to gaming as the likes of Lara Croft or Dragon Quest or any number of FF protags that are not Cloud.

But in terms of Smash Speculation? They have lasted just as long as Ridley and K Rool as fan wants. Only Banjo can hold a candle to that.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Okay, normally I'm not on any sides, but the fact that there is so many conflicting answers, alongside conflictions with Sakurai's own statements and actual development planning, I'm gonna lean and root for Team Real.

Yeah, there's totally gonna be Dragon Quest representation, even though Sakurai chooses which characters are joining from said company and has had one specific character laced with Smash history, yeah Dragon Quest is the one.

Again, just more proof that @papagenos and Spawn wave are the only people we can trust.
I do find it odd how so many of the characters, including the WTF additions, are somehow being speculated as being in, just not as characters. I'm highly doubtful, given what has been suggested, that in addition to Ken and Shadow, Isaac, Geno, Chorus Kids, and Mach Rider are somehow in this game, just predicted wrongly as characters by a fake leaker.

Possible? Many coincidences have happened, so of course. But Team Real has the evidence/hints, Team Fake has the authority. I'm just glad, either way, we'll find out for sure in less than two days.

SoccerStar9001

Smash Lord
Leak is very much alive, but MANY insiders has say they do not believe the leak. It is up to you to believe them or not.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Okay, normally I'm not on any sides, but the fact that there is so many conflicting answers, alongside conflictions with Sakurai's own statements and actual development planning, I'm gonna lean and root for Team Real.

Yeah, there's totally gonna be Dragon Quest representation, even though Sakurai chooses which characters are joining from said company and has had one specific character laced with Smash history, yeah Dragon Quest is the one.

Again, just more proof that @papagenos and Spawn wave are the only people we can trust.
NGL Tots I smell a bit of bias in this one

You're telling me we shouldn't trust Verge, for example
C'mon

Phobos_Anomaly

Smash Cadet
I can't keep up with this thread it's going so fast it's like someone spinning an entire roll of toilet paper down the stairs!

Last edited:

ChronoKatie

Smash Journeyman
NNID
cocobrien
Switch FC
7004 2762 0628
I am just now thinking that they used a 26-minute direct to introduce 5 characters and this one is 40 minutes...

Breathe, Katie... Breathe.

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
Didn't vergerburger say no DK reps? Look where we are now
Vergeben said no DK rep in a private message and immediately followed it up with "this info comes from a source that I don't trust very much" and he never made it public. I don't see why people keep bringing it up

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
All I have to say is if you think they're gonna reveal less than 4 characters in a FOURTY MINUTE LONG DIRECT is that ya may wanna reconsider

4 trailers

One of which is the Echo Fighter cinematic trailer with all of the known ones, plus ken, shadow, dixie, and hilda

SmashingXan2

Smash Journeyman
Everyone seems to think the Grinch leak is fake? I'm sticking with it, I'll be team real until the direct proves or disproves it. But seriously, are 50% of this thread still team real or no?

Untouch

Smash Master

Sakurai bias is in favour of DQ as well, DQXI was announced to be coming to switch through a Sakurai Famitsu column (Square said they were thinking about it before but never confirmed it).

Bob-omb-omb

Smash Rookie
I am just now thinking that they used a 26-minute direct to introduce 5 characters and this one is 40 minutes...

Breathe, Katie... Breathe.
Very exciting stuff, yes. And then a month after the Direct the game will be in our hands. SUPER EXCITING.

Jakenimbus

Smash Apprentice
I think Issac is a lock for the direct on Thursday. I don't think Nintendo was planning the direct to be 40 minutes long, because that is pretty long for a direct. I am pretty sure they pushed Isaac into this one when he was suppose to be in the last one which would make a lot of sense considering how Sakura said the script for the last direct was edited and Nintendo renewing golden sun earlier than normal. Also it would make sense with the whole Issac involves Earth magic and them not wanting to insult anyone about the Earthquake so they took it out.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Everyone seems to think the Grinch leak is fake? I'm sticking with it, I'll be team real until the direct proves or disproves it. But seriously, are 50% of this thread still team real or no?
I'm leaning more towards fake to be honest... that roster is too good to be true...

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Box literally can't get debunked unless we get someone other than Kencineroar/Geno

It's not a leak like everything else its just a theory based on box art

As for Grinch, it depends on who/what you trust. Insiders unanimously think its bogus, but you could think the images are proof enough
:glare: You got to be kidding

The moment I saw the the word “40 minutes” it pretty much got killed the box theory

And you just deconfirmed it yourself with geno added the box theory suggested only 2 more

In other words if there’s only 2 characters in a 40 minute pigs will be flying

Easily atleast 4 to 5 tops of newcomers and having the time to talk

And the grinch leak gained points from 40 minutes because you only need 12 minutes of time for character trailers

Last edited:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
If these insiders tell us nothing's confirmed until it's confirmed, they should try following their own advice.

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
I can attest to echo chamber for Geno being ****ing BULL****.

I did not play Super Mario RPG as a child/growing up. Shocking I know, because I LOVE the Mario franchise and go on about it, but I just never got around to it.

I didn't even find out about it joining Smash Boards. I didn't discover the want for him in Smash from the internet.

You know how I discovered it? My best friend and roommate. When we became friends and discussed Smash one of the first characters out of his mouth that he wanted for Smash and still wants to this day?

Geno.

He's the reason I've played Super Mario RPG. He's the reason I know about Geno. I thought he was alone until I joined the boards.

Boy was I wrong.
I had a similar situation. I first heard about Geno through fake cheats for Melee on sites like GameWinners and GameFAQs saying "How to unlock Geno," alongside similar "cheats" to unlock characters like Wario, Daisy, and Sonic. That's all the freaking way back in like 2003 or 2004. I didn't know who the character even was, but I knew his name, and knew that people wanted him.

Years later I'd learn about Super Mario RPG, learn that Geno was from it, and put the pieces together. But it always stuck with me how this character who's never shown up anywhere else has been getting consistent support since before Brawl was even planned.

Silent supporters do exist. Even if Geno isn't getting the most support here or in other places, there's no real way of telling these things.

Hell, apparently Dark Samus had enough silent support to warrant her appearance, even though very few people, even now, talk about her. Look at that poll at the top of the page. It's just 37 people and myself. Where's everybody else? I have no freaking clue. I'd love to know, but it's a mystery for now.

What is the best selling Smash Bros. game of all time, by chance? Is it Brawl?
Brawl technically, though Smash 4 sold more between the 3DS and Wii U versions. But I don't count that, because they're two separate games with a split playerbase, and no one really cared for the 3DS version after the Wii U version came out.

Ultimate will be more potent in that the playerbase won't be split, it's on successful a console that's targeting hardcore gamers unlike the Wii, and it's an amazing game with all these characters people have been always wanting.

The DanMan051

Banned via Warnings

Smash 4's April Direct was 35 minutes and the only new character shown was Greninja. The 50 Fact Extravaganza was also 35 minutes and had no newcomers to show (with Bowser Jr.'s trailer stuck in).

...I think you should be able to see what this suggests.

P1ZZ4CHU

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7373-2961-4511
I just want to have a match between Ken from Street Fighter and Shadow the Hedgehog on a ****ing Intergalatic Star Fox Stage.

I want this leak to be real for that, to show the seemingly impossible matchups actually happen.

Like... would anyone believe you if you told that that Ken vs. Shadow was possible in a Smash game Pre-E3?
If I had a time machine the first thing i'd do is post several hours of Ultimate gameplay on youtube during Brawl speculation for that reason.

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
From what I can tell the attitude is team "Probably fake but got most of the additions right cause that's what insiders are saying"

D

Deleted member

C'mon
I don't really remember saying that, honestly maybe it's just the whole environment starting to rub off of me.

I just can't see how some people are making these points where we also have the evidence to refute those points, and then we all go back to square one.

paper roxy

Smash Ace
Not only him but literally every other single insider. Im not pro "insider" but i cant find a logic way to refute their logic, why every single one of them says no isaac? I have no facts against that so ill rather assume he is not in, ill gladly eat my words but yeah.
because most of them are just now talking about their 'sources' after the grinch leak and theyre all repeating the same stuff to seem relevant

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Dragon Quest as influential as Lara Croft and Final Fantasy?

It's a Monster Hunter situation, my friend.

It's not really hit off in the West as much until recently, but in the East?

That **** has been on fire for years.

Bladeviper

Smash Ace
NNID
Bladeviper

C'mon
to be fair, verge has been either working with some wrong or missing information, he was missing pretty much every character besides simon in the august direct for example. he has gotten things right but he is either missing info or something cause not even hinting at k rool seems like a big miss for him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom