• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Who? Geno?

Are you aware that Square Enix also owns Final Fantasy, Chrono Trigger, Dragon Quest, Kingdom Hearts, Tomb Raider, Star Ocean and Drakengard/Nier?
When you tell yourself these lies for so long pretty soon you'll start to believe em.

That said, in purely the Smash bubble, Geno is getting the hardest push, bar none.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Castlevania has a lot of protagonists. Simon is one of the main ones but the other major reoccurring ones are Alucard, Richter, Trevor, Gabriel, and Soma Cruz. Most are members of the Belmont clan, a family of vampire hunters that spans centuries. I believe Simon stars in the most with three games if I remember correctly plus a ton of cameos.
My goodness. I had no idea there were so many! Was Simon the first one though?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Yea this whole too good to be true from the grinch roster

How did
:ultridley::ultkrool::ultdaisy::ultdarksamus::ultchrom::ultsimon::ultrichter:
Even get in then

And several thing are in the fan favor

Look no matter what insiders say or what team fake throws

I’m still sticking with 50/50 leaning toward real
Chrom and Daisy were absolutely relevant though. They were still being used in a bunch of things right up until their reveals.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I see just as many (if not more) people talking about B&K than Geno honestly
Yeah, but I'm far less annoyed by it.

I really do hope that Geno fans get what they want. But the conversations around Geno in this thread are driving me up a wall. I swear only like 20% of the people talking about him have ever even touched the one game he was in twenty years ago.

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
This. Like before Brawl when was the last time we saw R.O.B.? I know that's the "retro" character and all, but I think relevancy has little to do with any addition.

My bet for tomorrow? I put all my chips on Mr. Saturn. :p

Within 5 years before, actually. And in a playable role.

ROB-BLS.png

Shroob

Sup?
Isabelle is a popular character these days. Anyone could have predicted her easily, or decide to go with her and think she would get revealed. Just saying.
That's great and all, but in said prediction video he 'also' said ports of FF7, 9, 10 and 10-2 and at the time an unknown port of Kirby's Epic Yarn for the 3DS.

All alongside a non-Echo Isabelle is highly, highly suspicious.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Chorus Kids, for me. Rhythm Heaven should have a character at this point, and as the resident Chrom fan, well...you don't leave a man (or three) behind.
or 4, if the Grinch leak is somehow legit... (you can't forget the conductor...)

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Oh boy...ZhugeEX himself commented on the ResetERA thread

Source

Seems a few people here are putting pieces together.

For people who will asks, ZhugeEX is a VERY reliable industry analyst when it comes to sales, and all of that economical stuff more...Important stuff who happens to have tons of **** right by sometimes teasing things-

Supposedly, it seems that people at ResetERA are gettig close to the truth with their speculation?

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
So...Sakurai should make Pit a Top Tier character

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427

I really do hope that Geno fans get what they want. But the conversations around Geno in this thread are driving me up a wall. I swear only like 20% of the people talking about him have ever even touched the one game he was in twenty years ago.
Makes sense. I've never played SMRPG. My best friend has, and I only want Geno in because he wants Geno in. Otherwise, I know very little about him and don't really care much about him.

Originality

Smash Journeyman

I'll admit I've never played the game, but he seems very memorable and close to people who have and I do really like his design so I'd be pretty happy if he was in the game.

paper roxy

Smash Ace
I remind y'all to temper your expectations for Thursday; Nintendo (and Sakurai especially) has a knack for taking our expectations and flipping them on their heads. We were expecting Simon and got Richter too, we were expecting Isabelle to be a Villager clone but she received her own moveset and while most of us are expecting at least half a dozen new characters, Mashed Potato Samurai can toss all of that on its head with only a handful of newcomers.

Just stay chill.
i mean, the thing is, all of those other ones are all good things. i cant think of a suprise from sakurai in terms of ultimate that was as negative as "this insanely credible leak with these fan favorites is fake and you just get the ugly bara cat and minecraft steve"

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
That's great and all, but in said prediction video he 'also' said ports of FF7, 9, 10 and 10-2 and at the time an unknown port of Kirby's Epic Yarn for the 3DS.

All alongside a non-Echo Isabelle is highly, highly suspicious.
That doesn't mean he knew about them, though. It could have been lucky, or if you will, educated guesses, maybe.

TVDart

Smash Apprentice
To all my Rhythm Heaven fans, let's all smile together. While not everyone will be getting what they want, I hope that no one is left disappointed in the end. Let's be comfy for this last day of wondering.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
One character from the Banner 7 is in the game. The other 6 aren't.

You get to choose.

Who are you going to pick?

Personally, it's Banjo-Kazooie for me. That game was my absolute favourite when I was a kid and I played it on repeat.
Either Chorus Kids or Banjo Kazooie. Mach Rider would also be nice due to the possibility for a fun moveset, but I don't feel that Smash would be severely lacking anything if they didn't make the cut.

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion

Source

For people who will asks, ZhugeEX is a VERY reliable industry analyst when it comes to sales, and all of that economical stuff more...Important stuff who happens to have tons of **** right by sometimes teasing things-

Supposedly, it seems that people at ResetERA are gettig close to the truth with their speculation?
What have those guy's been talking about lately?

Shroob

Sup?
That doesn't mean he knew about them, though. It could have been lucky, or if you will, educated guesses, maybe.
"I'm going to pull a game no one else in the entire world is considering and it just happens to come true."

No, that's a leak.

Jon's a ResetEra mod, he knows ****.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I think this post makes a better case for DQ in Smash than I ever could, though. If you feel like it, check it out: It's the first post, obviously.
Magnifiscent post.
Certainly a good reminder of the ridiculously huge ammounts of support DQ has given Nintendo since the NES era.
Only reason why we might not see any content in Smash is because it's just TOO BIG.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
My goodness. I had no idea there were so many! Was Simon the first one though?
Game-wise, yes. He's the Castlevania 1 protagonist.

However, canonically, Leon Belmont would be the first man named Belmont who would "hunt the night" as he so put it.

Since then, he's had a ****ton of descendants and branching families and that makes for a LOT of games, with Julius Belmont being the last Belmont chronologically.
That's not even counting the playable characters that aren't Belmonts like Shonoa, Soma, and most notably, ALUCARD.

mezbomber

Smash Journeyman
After seeing the GX "predictions", much of that sounds horribly lackluster and so incongruent with current speculation and insider info that it just looks like obvious leak bait.

IMHO, while there's certainly reasons to be skeptical of the blurry banner, a picture has a certain amount of inherent credibility over insider info without such supporting evidence. You can suspend disbelief in the fact that someone somewhere absolutely has the time and desire to fabricate the Grinch leak (as intricate as they may seem to some), or have faith in an insider's previous history and that they're truthful about their sources.

It's not hard to see both sides, and our interpretations/opinions ULTIMATELY don't matter apart from being fun and entertaining. If this debate and speculation isn't fun for you, or you're making it no fun for others, you're doing it wrong and I advise you to stop.

In conclusion, this thread has been a wild ride and I've had a great time with y'all. Thanks. Can't wait for Thursday, and definitely can't wait for December!! I just alwayswant more characters. GIVE ME MORE CHARACTERS, AND PLEASE NEVER STOP.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
did you read the parenthesis
I did. Doesn't really apply since every franchise I named except Tomb Raider and Nier has more games on Nintendo consoles than Geno does. And both Tomb Raider and Nier have so much exposure that even if you're simply a family member of someone who likes videogames, you know who those characters are.

Geno is a beloved side character in a cult classic game from two decades ago. He has adoring fans who want him in Smash. Let's not kid ourselves into thinking he's more than that.

Potato_

Smash Lord
"I'm going to pull a game no one else in the entire world is considering and it just happens to come true."

No, that's a leak.

Jon's a ResetEra mod, he knows ****.
On top of this he specifically mentioned the 3ds when I bet most people, if they even considered Epic Yarn, would've said a Switch remake.

It's VERY specific to be a lucky guess.

SuperSceptile15

Smash Lord

It's almost like a significant amount of his support comes from bandwagoners or something. :smirk:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
What have those guy's been talking about lately?
Geno/Isaac's fates.
Sora being in or not.
They all feels that Mach Riders is an AT, and that there is chance that Geno might one too sadly.
Chorus Kids Being AT too.
They feel somehow comfortable with Isaac being in.

Banjo seems to be out somehow-

Demon-oni

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Thanatos-Demon
3DS FC
0147-1152-7184
This. Like before Brawl when was the last time we saw R.O.B.? I know that's the "retro" character and all, but I think relevancy has little to do with any addition.

My bet for tomorrow? I put all my chips on Mr. Saturn. :p
Actually, before Brawl ROB last had an appearance in mario kart DS in 2005, Before that was as part of the Mute City stage in melee in 2001, then his successor ROB 64 was in Starfox 64. Never really a star, but even outside of his series he's had a stable appearance.

Last edited:

paper roxy

Smash Ace
I did. Doesn't really apply since every franchise I named except Tomb Raider and Nier has more games on Nintendo consoles than Geno does. And both Tomb Raider and Nier have so much exposure that even if you're simply a family member of someone who likes videogames, you know who those characters are.

Geno is a beloved side character in a cult classic game from two decades ago. He has adoring fans who want him in Smash. Let's not kid ourselves into thinking he's more than that.
well if we dont count the anime twinks hes the most popular character they have if that works lol

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
I still think Isaac, Geno, Ken, and Shadow are likely. I think Banjo is getting in whether it’s base or DLC. Chorus Kids make sense also.

After that I don’t know. I guess Incineroar since everyone is sayin he’s in.

As someone who is neutral on this leak now I’d still prefer it to be real. Mach Rider would be great.

I just gotta say I love how Noipoi Noipoi 's art is slowly taking over this thread. Sooner or later we'll all have Noipoi avatars.

I've actually been considering changing my avatar to this for a while;

...Might I might not anyway, I don't like changing my avatar too frequently and will probably eventually go back to my ice dragon one from before.
Yeah I noticed that too XD

I'm considering giving him a request for a new profile pic for me. Maybe some other day.

D

Deleted member

Source

Oh dang.

Things are getting interesting. ZhugeEX is a pretty reliable guy, isn't he? If he's saying people are starting to get on the right track, I wonder who he's talking about...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom