• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fortnite4Smash

Smash Apprentice
Their point was that there's a specific group of people dismissing almost everything insiders are saying regarding a leak, but now seem to be changing their minds because the insiders (some of the same ones they were dismissing before) seem to be saying what they want to hear. Selective hearing/belief. I don't know if it's fully true, but I have noticed some attitudes similar to that.

Also, I'd recommend not replying to people with "cringe" as your opener, I don't think it's going to further healthy conversation, as it comes off a little unnecessarily rude. (Just my recommendation, I assume you're just on here to have fun conversation like most of us)
youre right, now I regret adding that. But I did cringe reading that a little because I knew someone would come out and say that as a way to own people who aren't trusting the insiders on Ultimate.

Enchess

Smash Lord
I'd absolutely love for Fatal Frame to get in the game somehow and somewhere.

But if they were saving something for a Halloween theme, wouldn't they have gone with the whole Castlevania/Dracula/Luigi's ghost thing?
They would.... unless they had a spookier character reveal coming

I'm team real, so for now I'm not going to predict Mio on Wednesday, but I'm still gonna quote the **** out of all the previous times I boldly said Mio would be a Halloween reveal if it happens.

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
Nothing is ever confirmed just because some guy said so. Insiders and leakers can't agree which way is up anymore, so until a direct shows me more than one newcomer, I shall continue to sing the praises of our lord The Box.

Better to keep expectations reasonable and be surprised than the reverse.
Well he apparently got in trouble for spreading that information so I guess take that as you will.

doomedtacox

Smash Ace
Nothing is ever confirmed just because some guy said so. Insiders and leakers can't agree which way is up anymore, so until a direct shows me more than one newcomer, I shall continue to sing the praises of our lord The Box.

Better to keep expectations reasonable and be surprised than the reverse.
Well that isn't my point. I'm saying he himself has said he knows of at least 4 newcomers, so only having "a" newcomer trailer in the smash direct must refer to AT LEAST one trailer or else he's contradicting himself.

Speaking of Metal Gear, now that bosses are a thing i really hope we'll have an actual Metal Gear as a boss.

Rex is a classic but Ray would be pretty cool too, a bit more agile so maybe more fitting for a Smash Boss.

Alright, everone who isn't familiar with Kojima's works, pack up.
They're talking Metal Gear now.

Things are about to get very confusing, very emotional, and very complicated.
Confusing? Nah...

OK maybe a little :p
Smash Snake has always been an amalgamation of every version of the character. "
Not every version but a few of them, I would say it's 99% Solid Snake tho.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Well that isn't my point. I'm saying he himself has said he knows of at least 4 newcomers, so only having "a" newcomer trailer in the smash direct must refer to AT LEAST one trailer or else he's contradicting himself.
And a leaker has never, ever contradicted himself. :smirk:

Don't mind me, I'm extremely tired and being goofy. I totally get your point. If there are two directs in November, having a solo reveal, a la Isabelle, in one of them makes total sense.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
youre right, now I regret adding that. But I did cringe reading that a little because I knew someone would come out and say that as a way to own people who aren't trusting the insiders on Ultimate.
I just hope they didn't cringe too hard as I owned them.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I don't know where this is from. I don't know where this is from. I don't know where this is from.

If I keep telling myself this, it's bound to be true.
Just admit you have a folder in your computer dedicated to dozens of screenshots from that anime, you'll feel better.

NextChannelGames

Smash Journeyman
Talking about Boss characters for Smash. Which Boss character would you guys love to see in Ultimate? (Not returning from Brawl)

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Talking about Boss characters for Smash. Which Boss character would you guys love to see in Ultimate? (Not returning from Brawl)
A particular boss(es) I want is.

Kanden, Noxus, Spire, Sylux, Trace and Weavel.

It'd be an unique one since you'd fight them all at once and what makes up for this boss fight not being this big monster, mech or whatever are is a boss team.

Last edited:

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I don't know where this is from. I don't know where this is from. I don't know where this is from.

If I keep telling myself this, it's bound to be true.
I legitimately have no idea what it's from.

From the face markings and game reference, I'm gonna guess... Sword Art Online?

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Personally? I'm gonna go for a swerve on the whole "Gruntilda as a boss" thing and would say/predict that we'd get her as a boss. But you fight her while she's in THIS bad boy. The ol' Hag 1. It would help the whole "big enemies are usually boss fights" pattern we see.

Hag1.png

osby

Smash Obsessed
Eggplant Wizard. Put him to the opening and say he's the killer of Pit's parents in the guidebook, so we can have another big fan favorite.

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
Anyway, who else is hyped as hell to hopefully see details about Spirits this week? Brawl was my favorite game just from the singleplayer content alone, so I'm excited to see what Ultimate holds for us!
Count me in on that single player hype! Brawl was also my favorite--For solo play in Smash, it cannot be beaten. I have high hopes for Spirits, indeed.

Pac-Man is living proof that even huge characters don't always get big, high-budget CGI trailers. (Heck, Richter got more than Pac-Man. No shade at all to Richter, it's just funny).

My absolute, unflinching predictions are Ken, Shadow, and Geno.
You know, this is an excellent point. Isabelle and even Duck Hunt could be added to that list as well. And Villager was worked into the reveal video for 4 at large. It does seem like the cinematic masterpieces of trailers that are Simon's or Mega Man's are definitely not the standard.

It's actually quite possible there will be a cinematic introducing Spirits, with a character revealed in it (I'd bet Geno!)

BOOM. I just linked both things I quoted.:shades:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
How hyped would you be if Christopher nioshi voices Geno and for ultimate fanfare rawest forest was a song in smash?

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
Im still pretty skeptical about having a NINTENDO Direct in this month, or this year for that matter. Nintendo probably just wants lo leave SSBU to carry them the restof the year and the first months of 2019. And they might have a Nintendo Direct on January/February so showcase all the games that are coming on that year.
Unless they finally have a Bayonetta 3 or Metroid Prime 4 trailer that they are dying to reveal.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Okay. You've hooked me. Now I need to know.

I know, like, maybe ten anime total.
Monster Musume. An ultra fanservice show about literal monster girls and a guy whose got a harem of 'em. Centaurs? We got 'em. Snakes? Well, there ya go. List goes on.

Disclaimer: I haven't watched it. I've seen bits of it to know what it's about. ffffffff

NextChannelGames

Smash Journeyman
Mask Lumen sounds cool
Which game was he from?

I wanna see a Dr Wily and Dr Eggman dual boss.
Would be amazing!

Dr.Eggman and Medusa or Hades from Kid Icarus
Hades would amazing as the Last Big Boss for Smash Adventure.

Eggplant Wizard. Put him to the opening and say he's the killer of Pit's parents in the guidebook, so we can have another big fan favorite.
Would be funny.

Me want!!! :yoshi:
I remember him! Though I think the boss from the Mario Galaxy with that play style would be cool too.

Personally? I'm gonna go for a swerve on the whole "Gruntilda as a boss" thing and would say/predict that we'd get her as a boss. But you fight her while she's in THIS bad boy. The ol' Hag 1. It would help the whole "big enemies are usually boss fights" pattern we see.

View attachment 173597
Interesting!

Last edited:

NineS

Smash Lord
Monster Musume. An ultra fanservice show about literal monster girls and a guy whose got a harem of 'em. Centaurs? We got 'em. Snakes? Well, there ya go. List goes on.

Disclaimer: I haven't watched it. I've seen bits of it to know what it's about. ffffffff
Isn't that made by the same person who made an anime about horse girls?

I'm joking, we don't kinkshame here. Unless it's hurting someone. Or yourself.

Or if it's anything except Pop Team Epic for an anime.

Mutsukki

Smash Ace
As far as bosses go Porky got me covered pretty well in Brawl... and I think Metal Face is probably a no brainer for Shulk.

So, uh... I think Nightmare would be reaaally cool for Kirby. Or Zero.

Dj Octavio for Inkling!

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Clearly I have a pick.

Tatanga.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Im still pretty skeptical about having a NINTENDO Direct in this month, or this year for that matter. Nintendo probably just wants lo leave SSBU to carry them the restof the year and the first months of 2019. And they might have a Nintendo Direct on January/February so showcase all the games that are coming on that year.
Unless they finally have a Bayonetta 3 or Metroid Prime 4 trailer that they are dying to reveal.
Well according to the insiders there’s supposedly one more big game for this year as they said 2018 isn’t over yet.

My guess is a new warriors game will be announced and released for christmas.

Not to mention smash has a lot to answer, more so after the grinch leak surfaced.

Let’s go could always get more promotion. We haven’t seen all the gyms yet. I think we are on koga now.

And we can always get updates on other games already announced.

One thing I think is coming is a port of the wonderful 101 alongside a sequel but we’ll see if that happens.

Also who knows maybe capcom will drop ace attorney seven in the direct. There’s a lot of potential here and it makes sense to cater to the audience that’s not just smash and Pokémon and let know them what’s coming early next year.

Gotta get that left over Christmas money after all

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
No, it is from an ecchi series. NSFW, but not a flat out hentai.

Monster Musume
By what little I've seen of my Funimation account, I think most anime is NSFW if it was published in the last eight years.

Anyway, never heard of it. Thought I might be one of the cool kids in the know.

Hydrualic Hydra

Smash Ace
If I can't get him playable, Hades as a boss is easily the next best thing. Trying to take down a literal god while he mugs to the camera and cracks one-liners is perfect, and honestly, I would appreciate Hades actually having a large story role just to get more of him (if there is a story).

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
Marx, for one. If he's not a character, he's GOT to be a boss. If I were to choose someone else from Kirby, though...Magolor, Sectonia, Dark Matter...there's a ton of great bosses from Kirby alone.

Others that would work well:

Eggman
Grunty
Dr. Wily
Plasm Wraith
King Boo
Burt the Bashful

Edit:
DJ Octavio for Inkling!
Oh yeah, I forgot about this one! Easily the most insane boss fight I've seen in a long time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom