• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
okay i know theres no more grinch discussion, but just one more grinchpost and then im done

just remember these are our last characters, say hello to them :)
he's in.png

DutchPichu

Smash Journeyman
Talking about Boss characters for Smash. Which Boss character would you guys love to see in Ultimate? (Not returning from Brawl)
To be fair, I want Rhythm Heaven to be represented really well, and if they can pull it off, they can make a cool rhythmic boss out of Tibby’s Mom from Rhythm Heaven Megamix.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
That poll needs a third option.
A "Team Hmmm..." Option.
See, this is what I have as a question to the community who's convinced this is real; When this is confirmed fake are you all gonna come out and apologize to the people who've been saying it's fake? Or are you just gonna run back into your holes. Like, right now in the chat people are saying "Oh, it's real." You guys don't know what you're talking about. "Your reasoning for it being fake isn't good." Give me a reason why it's real. When it's confirmed fake come back to the chat and say sorry. But you won't, because you're cowards. Come back. You go on Twitter and you say "Hey you guys were right, I'm sorry." I mean, no, is it wrong? They wanna say "Oh you guys can't give good reasons. Oh you're saying 'I know it's- I know it's fake, you just have to trust me.'". Give me a reason why it's real, you don't have one. Come back when it's confirmed fake, apologize, and we can move on. Otherwise shut up. This ain't a chatroom making you talk, shut up. I will print off this banner and send it to your house, and you can hang it up and say "I got owned by this.". I mean people are saying "Oh, rude. Needs to chill." You know what? You people attack insiders and Twitter and YouTuber personalities everyday when they share information with you. And then they don't give you what you want and you attack them? No, you can go to hell. Like, you're not entitled to any information. Don't think you are.
Given the history of Smash fans with "being wrong", Imma guess that the answer to your question is, "Not a chance".

And that goes for whether the leak is confirmed or not. Either way, I don't think we'll be seeing any.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Beat this boss to challenge Daisy and unlock her as a character.

If I see this bugger in the game, someone better pick up that phone 'cuz I'll have totally called it.
Fun fact: Super Mario Land sold more copies than Super Mario Bros. 3.

Suck it, more highly critically acclaimed timeless classics. Daisy's game printed money!

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
In terms of bosses we need:

Eggman

King Boo

Peter piranha

Von Karma

Smithy

Exor with the Axem rangers

Star Dream

Calamity Ganon

Ultra Necrozma

Skull Kid if he’s not playable.

Pipe Dream: Fawful, Dimentio, a lot of other paper mario bosses

Blu99

S***post King
Switch FC
SW-7236-2735-6407
If Sora gets in the game, what world would a stage be based off? I was thinking either Twilight Town or Traverse Town seeing as there's no way they'd be able to get a Disney world in the game

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
If Sora gets in the game, what world would a stage be based off? I was thinking either Twilight Town or Traverse Town seeing as there's no way they'd be able to get a Disney world in the game
Easy The World that Never Was

doomedtacox

Smash Ace
Guys if the Grinch leak ends up being true, get ready for the great twitter war of 2018 between insiders and short tempered smash fans. Oh boy it will be ugly.

And no, I will not be partaking in said war but will watch the fireworks from a safe distance.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Dive_to_the_Heart_(Art).png

Dive to the Heart. That or the two you mentioned. Perhaps Hollow Bastion. There's a few good unique spots that seem memorable.

Mutsukki

Smash Ace
I'd love it was the Dive Into The Heart stained glass. I feel like that's perfect for Smash. But Twilight Town or Traverse would be cool too

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Talking about Boss characters for Smash. Which Boss character would you guys love to see in Ultimate? (Not returning from Brawl)
I really want Crocomire as a more unique boss, he has no health bar, but you kill him by pushing him into lava like in Super Metroid.

I do hope they get creative with bosses in this game instead of the only differentiating factor being the bosses' attacks, Dracula is a start with how he has a weak point + a 2nd phase.

Last edited:

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
According to the investors meeting, the Switch has outsold the Gamecube now.
I absolutely believe it.

I remember when the Gamecube dropped to $99 just like the Dreamcast did, and I honestly thought I was going to lose Nintendo, too.

FantasyBlade

Smash Apprentice
So, am I right in saying there's been hints of a direct this week? And anything new come out about Geno?

Blu99

S***post King
Switch FC
SW-7236-2735-6407
View attachment 173600

Dive to the Heart. That or the two you mentioned. Perhaps Hollow Bastion. There's a few good unique spots that seem memorable.
Hollow Bastion would be great, could use Cloud in his Advent Children outfit on that stage

Excuse me while I go cry at the fact KH3 is still three months away

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Guys if the Grinch leak ends up being true, get ready for the great twitter war of 2018 between insiders and short tempered smash fans. Oh boy it will be ugly.

And no, I will not be partaking in said war but will watch the fireworks from a safe distance.
Frankly (in my opinion) there won't BE a war. Words will be shared between the two, real or fake, and it'll all get swept under the rug as the realization that the game is about a month away sinks in.

It's all so stupid/hotheaded now, but when it all DOES become clear? It'll probably blow over really fast.

ChronoKatie

Smash Journeyman
NNID
cocobrien
Switch FC
7004 2762 0628
I could see Traverse Town's first district, in front of the lanterns, or on the roof of the clocktower. If Twilight Town, it would no doubt be the top of the bell tower, or the sandlot. Dive into Heart would work great with Darkside as a boss. And I could also see the top of Hollow Bastion, with the moving platforms. (KH1 version) I am having trouble figuring out anything with Radiant Garden.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806

Blu99

S***post King
Switch FC
SW-7236-2735-6407
On the subject of Sora, different costumes

If he's in and he doesn't get Limit Form, KH2 clothes AND Final Form then I'm boycotting this game

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Frankly (in my opinion) there won't BE a war. Words will be shared between the two, real or fake, and it'll all get swept under the rug as the realization that the game is about a month away sinks in.

It's all so stupid/hotheaded now, but when it all DOES become clear? It'll probably blow over really fast.
Honestly, it'll be like a Men in Black scenario where we all forget any of this discussion ever happened. Sakurai flashy-things us and gives us a feel good story about all the characters we're getting and we go on being happy little humans, ignorant of our own destructive urges.

ChronoKatie

Smash Journeyman
NNID
cocobrien
Switch FC
7004 2762 0628
If he's in and he doesn't get Limit Form, KH2 clothes AND Final Form then I'm boycotting this game
I'm banking on his KH2 look being the default. EVERYONE and their mother's favorite is KH2 for some reason. Haha. But having his Halloween Town outfit would be dooooope.

Last edited:

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
Honestly, it'll be like a Men in Black scenario where we all forget any of this discussion ever happened. Sakurai flashy-things us and gives us a feel good story about all the characters we're getting and we go on being happy little humans, ignorant of our own destructive urges.

And besides, if any of the characters in the banner don't make it, we'll always have DLC to look forward to.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Favourite bosses from each applicable series in Smash .

Non-playable, non-Assist Trophies.

:ultmario: - Hooktail or Fawful
:ultdk: - Army Dillo
:ultlink: - Puppet Ganon (WW)
:ultsamus: - Nightmare
:ultyoshi: - Naval Pirhana
:ultkirby: - Marx
:ultfox: - Pigma
:ultpikachu: - Lusamine
:ultness: - Porky
:ultmarth: - Grima
:ultpit: - Medusa
:ultwario: - Captain Syrup
:ultsonic: - Big Arm
:ultolimar: - Bulblord (from Pikmin Adventure)
:ultmegaman: - Shadow Man
:ultlittlemac: - King Hippo
:ultinkling: - DJ Octavio

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
View attachment 173600

Dive to the heart would be so good as a stage. I really hope that if sora isn’t in that’s the stage as much as I like the other options.
So Nintendo's financial report released and it's already outsold the Gamecube. https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/finance/hard_soft/index.html

https://www.resetera.com/threads/ni...emental-information-top-selling-titles.77806/
They're also seeing increases year on year for sales and profit.

Given this release of information, I could see another direct coming very soon to try further encourage investors.

Have we gotten Directs so close to financial reports before?
Yes usually directs are not too far off from their financial reports

Last edited:

Blu99

S***post King
Switch FC
SW-7236-2735-6407
I'm banking on his KH2 look being the default. EVERYONE and their mother's favorite is KH2 for some reason. Haha. But having his Halloween Town outfit would be dooooope.
Limit Form in 2 is my favourite tbh, but KH2 is the most memorable as a lot of people don't like the first game as much as the second

Depends if they can get any rights for Disney world costumes, as I'd love either the Halloween or Christmas Town outfits, or even a Timeless River costume

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Also if Sora was in

I’d want Nekoo Nekoo s avatar to be a real thing. A Geno skin would be so cool but probably not happen even if Geno was also in.

ChronoKatie

Smash Journeyman
NNID
cocobrien
Switch FC
7004 2762 0628
Limit Form in 2 is my favourite tbh, but KH2 is the most memorable as a lot of people don't like the first game as much as the second

Depends if they can get any rights for Disney world costumes, as I'd love either the Halloween or Christmas Town outfits, or even a Timeless River costume
Oh my gosh, me too! Limit Form is my favorite because his outfit from KH1 (And Kh1) is my favorite but I prefer the older look.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom