• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
Has anyone noticed that Papagenos' theory about Sakurai meeting up with Microsoft at E3 has been taken as fact?
it SHOULDNT be it is a Theory video on what MIGHT have happened. that could explain the confusion going on right now

its in fact based on stuff I heard and lines up well with some things but it is in NO way a fact.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Only "a" newcomer trailer? Just that imply just one?
If Box theory is true, it's possible. Or any other theory that doesn't suggest a ridiculous amount of remaining newcomers.

EDIT: Actually 1 trailer + 1 echo without a trailer + 1 possible DLC newcomer announcement fits well into pre-Grinch theories... huh...

Last edited:

doomedtacox

Smash Ace
Sometimes the elephant in the room starts crowding people out with how blown up and big it can be. People need a reminder of that to cool their heels. Just doing my job as a mod.

But, yes, as doomedtacox doomedtacox put it, being antagonistic and attacking other people ad hominem about all the leak stuff isn't cool. Talking about it (as in, politely) is fine.

Smooth Criminal
Wooo I provided a useful comment for once!

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
it SHOULDNT be it is a Theory video on what MIGHT have happened. that could explain the confusion going on right now

its in fact based on stuff I heard and lines up well with some things but it is in NO way a fact.
Care to explain about where you heard these things?

I'd also like to ask how your source from Microsoft knows about the characters on the mural if they're working at Microsoft.

I'm not throwing shade or doubt or anything, I'm just genuinely curious.

yocow

Smash Rookie
Been a little bit out of the loop on the whole situation, but I'm glad Mystic is back and seems to be doing a bit better now. He seems like a pretty genuine guy and I'd hate for his career to be ruined from this ordeal.

Anyway, who else is hyped as hell to hopefully see details about Spirits this week? Brawl was my favorite game just from the singleplayer content alone, so I'm excited to see what Ultimate holds for us!

xAquaCrystal

Smash Journeyman
Banning talking about that leak makes 0 sense it’s literally the one thing people have that’s interesting to discuss about smash right now lol
It was a interesting discussion...until people started attacking each other. Since we might get a direct this week or this month in general there will be something more interesting to talk about.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Only "a" newcomer trailer? Just that imply just one?
Going along with this train of thought, it's possible to announce a character sans-trailer. So far that's been relegated to echo characters only, but it's possible that someone was a very late addition and they weren't able to give a trailer proper.

Or Box Theory is correct and a newcomer is exactly what we're getting.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I just realized I'm a stupid-o.

If we get Incineroar by chance in a solo direct and then it is all ''SMASH ULTIMATE DIRECT 11-WHATEVER-WHATEVER"

That means it's highly likely box theory would be dead anyways. They're not gonna play their only newcomer card that way.

Imagine Sakurai shows up to the final direct with only an echo fighter to reveal.

Laughable.

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
Spooky Mystic is speaking out again about smash. He continued a long thread about smash info and then just confirmed the direct leak is accurate according to what he's heard.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

GET HYPED

Idk why he keeps talking if he's getting fired for it though, ngl
Is he suggesting we're only getting one newcomer, though? I feel that, leak or no, this will be the last Smash direct. I can't see it ending with just one.

Rhythm Heaven wouldn't have the letters RH unless it gets different logos across languages, since the series is called Rhythm Tengoku in Japan.

That point was literally one of the many reasons the rumour with Agnes was debunked.
Aaah, right...dangit. I forgot, lol. I have no real clue what they'll do, then...

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Stupid prediction. One of the Directs is a Solo reveal announcing the Smash Direct.
I will legitimately crack up if we get an advertisement announcing another advertisement.

We're such ****ing sheep.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So we're expecting a new direct soon? Given the info that was dropped? It's a bit hard to keep track since we've got more than 100 pages in and it's only been 2 days.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
I just realized I'm a stupid-o.

If we get Incineroar by chance in a solo direct and then it is all ''SMASH ULTIMATE DIRECT 11-WHATEVER-WHATEVER"

That means it's highly likely box theory would be dead anyways. They're not gonna play their only newcomer card that way.

Imagine Sakurai shows up to the final direct with only an echo fighter to reveal.

Laughable.
I'd say, even if the Grinch leak is fake, Box Theory is long dead given what the insiders have said.

D

Deleted member

Sometimes the elephant in the room starts crowding people out with how blown up and big it can be. People need a reminder of that to cool their heels. Just doing my job as a mod.

But, yes, as doomedtacox doomedtacox put it, being antagonistic and attacking other people ad hominem about all the leak stuff isn't cool. Talking about it (as in, politely) is fine.

Smooth Criminal
But why is your avatar hella relatable, though. We're asking the wrong questions, truly.

You are totally right, though.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fortnite4Smash

Smash Apprentice

I am fully aware, I just saw a bunch of people on reddit and twitter treat it as such. There's also the theory that Phil Spencer met up with Nintendo, I saw people take that as a fact too.

Hydrualic Hydra

Smash Ace
Pac-Man is living proof that even huge characters don't always get big, high-budget CGI trailers. (Heck, Richter got more than Pac-Man. No shade at all to Richter, it's just funny).

My absolute, unflinching predictions are Ken, Shadow, and Geno.

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
Hey guys, if there were voice chat for this game, and you could say anything during the match, or at the beginning or end of it, what would you say?

Since the game is coming out in December, I would say at the beginning of a match, "Check me out! I'm the ghost of Christmas Kick Your ***!" (Guess where that came from?)
I couldn't find the actual clip., so I guess have a Tweet instead...

Last edited:

Enchess

Smash Lord
You know what? If a Direct is announced tomorrow it's possible it could be on Halloween. I'm bringing back a bold prediction (toned down slightly).

Fatal Frame representation is getting upgraded to at least an item, maybe more.

Will I be wrong? Probably. But on the off-chance I'm not I'd really hate to miss out on the "I told you so"s.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
cringe. there's no evidence AGAINST the insiders lol. Weird post.
Their point was that there's a specific group of people dismissing almost everything insiders are saying regarding a leak, but now seem to be changing their minds because the insiders (some of the same ones they were dismissing before) seem to be saying what they want to hear. Selective hearing/belief. I don't know if it's fully true, but I have noticed some attitudes similar to that.

Also, I'd recommend not replying to people with "cringe" as your opener, I don't think it's going to further healthy conversation, as it comes off a little unnecessarily rude. (Just my recommendation, I assume you're just on here to have fun conversation like most of us)

NextChannelGames

Smash Journeyman

Smooth Criminal
Indeed, you guys are doing a great job. I do see that you guys do join in the conversations, and sometimes it can get heated. I do agree It’s for the best for the Grinch Leak talks to end.

:shades: Just keep the form cool and not let it get heated.

Last edited:

doomedtacox

Smash Ace
Going along with this train of thought, it's possible to announce a character sans-trailer. So far that's been relegated to echo characters only, but it's possible that someone was a very late addition and they weren't able to give a trailer proper.

Or Box Theory is correct and a newcomer is exactly what we're getting.
Well he's pretty much confirmed more than two newcomers though so box theory goes against what he's said thus far. Off the top of my head he's said incineroar, geno, ken, Isaac at the very least.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
You know what? If a Direct is announced tomorrow it's possible it could be on Halloween. I'm bringing back a bold prediction (toned down slightly).

Fatal Frame representation is getting upgraded to at least an item, maybe more.

Will I be wrong? Probably. But on the off-chance I'm not I'd really hate to miss out on the "I told you so"s.
I'd absolutely love for Fatal Frame to get in the game somehow and somewhere.

But if they were saving something for a Halloween theme, wouldn't they have gone with the whole Castlevania/Dracula/Luigi's ghost thing?

NineS

Smash Lord
We interrupt your regularly scheduled leak talk to bring you...

Do you like Pepsi?
Do you like Coca Cola?

If you said yes to either of these, what is wrong with you?

Throw that can of bad tasting Cola away, and instead drink Bepis.
Bepis
will bring you a quality of life you've never experienced before!

2B likes Bepis. And Bepis likes 2B!
Everyone knows 2B doesn't like a lot of things, so it must be good!

So please, throw away that poor Cola and get 2Bepis.

And remember, spread awareness of this series! 2B for Smash!
More importantly, Bepis for Smash! (As an item)
One 2B new supporter a day will each help a poor soul somewhere in this world.

NOTE: Bepis is not a real product of any company, nor does it endorse anything or anyone. 2B does not come with Bepis. Both must be purchased separately. 2B belongs to Square Enix. This is not a real advertisement, nor is there anything you can really purchase. This is simply a poor ****post made in hopes of garnering more support for a character from a once-niche franchise for Smash.

I sold my soul to Yoko Taro.

Last edited:

doomedtacox

Smash Ace
Can someone please tell me what time the directs have been getting announced in Mountain time? I can't remember if it's morning or early afternoon.

SoccerStar9001

Smash Lord
Non canon we got even more.

Metal Gear Ac!d one for the PSP featured Solid Snake.

Metal Gear Ac!d 2 jumped ahead in the future to a new Snake... who is a clone of SOLID Snake. Crazy.

In Portable Ops there was also a character called Python who was a buddy of Naked Snake's in the Fox unit. He would later be brainwashed and trained for the sole purpose to kill Big Boss and be known as the "Anti-Snake".

Snake Echo possibilities are limitless.
I got one more Snake echo for you all
solid_snake__miia_by_fu_reiji-d980hp2.png

D

Deleted member

Actually, now that you're here, I wanna ask you something.

Thoughts on Sora being revealed @ The Game Awards.

Practically every insider is pushing their Smash info as "No Grinch Leak, Incineroar, etc." but Spawn Wave has always been hinting at Sora @ The Game Awards. He said it out of the blue in a previous Smash Ultimate video, then got nervous when asked about it. He even KNOWS of a "certain thread he gets notified about," which MUST mean in some shape or form he knows about us talking about him.

Spawn Wave and you are the only people we can trust at the moment. So I figured I'd ask your thoughts. :)

TheBlue10

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SweetBlueMemory
3DS FC
2466-7799-9439
Switch FC
SW 2878-1317-0108
Spooky Mystic is speaking out again about smash. He continued a long thread about smash info and then just confirmed the direct leak is accurate according to what he's heard.

GET HYPED

Idk why he keeps talking if he's getting fired for it though, ngl
If we are to get a direct in a similar fashion to the August one, think they'll talk about that sapling item?

D

Deleted member

Is he suggesting we're only getting one newcomer, though? I feel that, leak or no, this will be the last Smash direct. I can't see it ending with just one.
He'd be contradicting his statements from yesterday if that were the case, and he was pretty confident that there's more than one newcomer.
I can see Nintendo showing a newcomer trailer at the end of the general direct before dropping an announcement of a Smash-centric one, like they did with Cloud.

Last edited by a moderator:

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Well he's pretty much confirmed more than two newcomers though so box theory goes against what he's said thus far. Off the top of my head he's said incineroar, geno, ken, Isaac at the very least.
Nothing is ever confirmed just because some guy said so. Insiders and leakers can't agree which way is up anymore, so until a direct shows me more than one newcomer, I shall continue to sing the praises of our lord The Box.

Better to keep expectations reasonable and be surprised than the reverse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom