• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

yocow

Smash Rookie
What if I told you we've always been insane, and we're just good at hiding it?
Except me.
I haven't bothered hiding it.

Because I'm a terrible liar.
Buddy, I've been outwardly insane since the Rayman leak burned my trust

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
So apparently in the grinch leak, kazooie is freaking out at snake aiming in Banjo's direction with his launcher, and in some game there's a mission where snake has to kill a bear. Is this true?
MGSV has a mission called Capture the Legendary Brown Bear.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I hope that this is the case, if the leak is true and your right it would mean the music, stage and character select screen would all be perfectly space which would just help with the OCD in me and probably a lot of people.
You know what I'd like?

IF THE CSS CAN BE ORDERED BY SERIES.

Please, Sakurai.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
So apparently in the grinch leak, kazooie is freaking out at snake aiming in Banjo's direction with his launcher, and in some game there's a mission where snake has to kill a bear. Is this true?
Uhhhh
That Snake?
No.
Venom Snake, who is Naked Snake, who is what Solid Snake is cloned from, at one point can take a sidequest where he can stop a bear, either by killing it or capturing it.

It's not a reference.

doomedtacox

Smash Ace
Uhhhh
That Snake?
No.
Venom Snake, who is Naked Snake, who is what Solid Snake is cloned from, at one point can take a sidequest where he can stop a bear, either by killing it or capturing it.

It's not a reference.
It could be a reference though since Solid Snake is cloned from that other guy, right?

dilfsR'us

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-5253-6645-3708
Ok so for the hypothetically leaked characters what do you all think their icons for their franchises will be, like will banjo and kazooie have a jiggy puzzle piece?

G Rank Zinogre

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sgt. ZinogreVolt
You know what I'd like?

IF THE CSS CAN BE ORDERED BY SERIES.

Please, Sakurai.
Absolutely this, I understand what the intent behind wanting to order the CSS based on when characters were introduced to the series. But this would be lost on the casual player, and be seen as a cluttered mess. Even as someone who knows the reason for this, I still hate it. It's disorganized and untidy at best and disorienting at worst.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Uhhhh
That Snake?
No.

It's not a reference.
No. Venom Snake is not the real Naked Snake. Solid Snake is cloned from the real one.

And given that Solid Snake in Smash has various references to Naked Snake, it wouldn't be too far off referencing Venom Snake.

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
So, Spawn Wave is claiming there will be a Direct announcement tomorrow.

Gaming Intel is claiming there will be a Direct announcement tomorrow.

Jon from GameXplain, by way of the otter, is claiming there will be a Direct announcement tomorrow.

If all three of these usually credible sources are wrong, I don't know what I'll do.
Oh man...I'm freaking out right now!

Please be the Smash direct...

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
It could be a reference though since Solid Snake is cloned from that other guy, right?
No.
That's stupid.
Venom Snake doesn't even use the nikita missile, nor does he regularly hunt bears and/or birds.
Solid Snake doesn't even interact with wildlife in general. That's purely a big boss thing.

SoccerStar9001

Smash Lord
I'm not gonna read like 50 pages, what have I missed other than Grinch leak making Greninja's tongue quite a bit shorter, which pretty much kills it?
We decided to stop bickering about the leaks. Also we believe tongue is behind Snake's Nikita so nothing certain yet.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
No.
That's stupid.
Venom Snake doesn't even use the nikita missile, nor does he regularly hunt bears and/or birds.
Solid Snake doesn't even interact with wildlife in general. That's purely a big boss thing.
It doesn't even make sense anyway. Snake's not even aiming at them as Banjo and Kazooie are further into the background than Snake is

Vrbtm

Banned via Administration
Absolutely this, I understand what the intent behind wanting to order the CSS based on when characters were introduced to the series. But this would be lost on the casual player, and be seen as a cluttered mess. Even as someone who knows the reason for this, I still hate it. It's disorganized and untidy at best and disorienting at worst.
The only thing that kinda bugs me about it is that Sheik is listed just before Zelda, rather than the other way around.

I perfectly understand why, but it still feels very awkward and wrong.

Last edited:

Enchess

Smash Lord
Seconded (or thirded I guess).

I'd also unironically love pointless sort option like by size, by default color scheme, by character age, by canonical power, etc. Will never happen, but it'd be cool.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Watch us just get Incineroar and we're back to square one all together.

I might scream.

He wouldn't even invalidate the leak most likely and then we'd just be back to the even worse box theory that was tearing people apart as well.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
No. Venom Snake is not the real Naked Snake. Solid Snake is cloned from the real one.

And given that Solid Snake in Smash has various references to Naked Snake, it wouldn't be too far off referencing Venom Snake.
Ppsshshshshshsssshhhhh
Spoilers.

Plus, Naked Snake doesn't hunt bears in the jungle either.
You'd have to make a ton of extremely large connections to make it a """""reference""""" which at that point, wouldn't even be a reference anymore.

Last edited:

NextChannelGames

Smash Journeyman
Sadly I don’t think it’s possible to not talk about leaks, since we our pretty close to the launch date. I do agree we need to talk civil and not toxic but we our all humans that can get frustrated pretty quick in arguments.

Really it’s the drought that cause the heat for Grinch because looking how Ultimate has been handle it’s really not great because before the first Smash Direct we got to know Everyone is Back as well a few stages from E3. Sadly they changed Daily Pictures that haven’t been exciting anymore and not have any new info because there wasn’t anything new to keep the hype. Then after the big Smash Direct, that was amazing to hold the hype for a while but Isabelle afterwards... It was really quiet... Plus no marketing as well that many fans looked towards leaks for news and not anything from the Daily Pictures. Mostly we all believed we were only getting like maybe 2-3 characters for 2 months.

This past like 2-3 weeks has been crazy with hype about leaks, YouTube going down, That menu music being posted by a stranger, and other weird things that had was pretty crazy month of Smash, but then on a platform that no one would have even thought of looking for leaks totally cause the rainstorm to come rain on the drought dirt.

Pretty much the Suprise of the Gaming Century was ruined. If Grinch hadn’t happened we would have at least a bit time for a Direct to come but Nintendo should have Market or at least had Smash Direct for only modes and stuff this month then waiting for leaks to come because they always happened in some form. I think they did a good job so far but... They revealed to much and having the announcements too far apart.

I can understand we our all upset but Smash Ultimate is coming less then 38 days. Please all sides, (you too mods, admins) let’s calm down. Let’s remember there are rules and being civil.

I was really not thinking of posting this but seems I need to. Also, I’ve enjoyed this form for Smash Ultimate talks and even leaks. Sure, it can be toxic at times, but overall we our Smash Fans with a interesting community.

Rummy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dr.Rummy
Switch FC
7820-4094-4523
No.
That's stupid.
But Snake in ultimate seems to have alternative colours that connects to Big Boss like his MGSV and 3 colors.

Chrono.

I'm not gonna read like 50 pages, what have I missed other than Grinch leak making Greninja's tongue quite a bit shorter, which pretty much kills it?
People are divided on it, as usual.

But Grinch leak talk got banned here apparently.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
No.
That's stupid.
I fultoned a fair amount of wildlife as Venom Snake.

Besides, I'm not entirely convinced Kazooie is reacting to Snake because it's so blurry. If she is, it could very well be a reference since its both instances of a Snake hunting a bear. I doubt the weapon really matters, rather the action.

doomedtacox

Smash Ace
Ppsshshshshshsssshhhhh
Spoilers.

Plus, Naked Snake doesn't hunt bears in the jungle either.
You'd have to make a ton of extremely large connections to make it a """""reference""""" which at that point, wouldn't even be a reference anymore.
Quoted from someone else:

"It's also Naked Snake who eats wild animals, yet Snake clearly talks about tasting Yoshi in Brawl.

Smash Snake has always been an amalgamation of every version of the character. "

Not sure if that means anything.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Alright, everone who isn't familiar with Kojima's works, pack up.
They're talking Metal Gear now.

Things are about to get very confusing, very emotional, and very complicated.
Everyone is Snake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom