• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shroob

Sup?
The stage post being moved up to Monday might be because we're getting a newcomer in the first direct come to think of it. They typically go up on the website they day of the direct.
The stage post comes tomorrow though, along with the music.

If the music track is delayed, then something suspect is happening.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Seriously, I don't think there is anything ironic on what I said. It's one thing for me to make a mistake here, but calling me out on it makes you no better than me just because I called someone else out. Now don't say anything else.
Ngl, the fact that you're this painfully unaware is kind of sad. And to be quite frank, I'm not any better than you, but that doesn't really matter. You tried to climb on your high horse and call Swamp out for posting the gif, say that the best way for him to be mature was to ignore your counterpoints altogether, and now you have the audacity to NOT practice what you preach because it suits you best atm.

That's an L for you my boi. Now to quote what you said:

Now don't say anything else.
:tired:

Has anyone noticed that Papagenos' theory about Sakurai meeting up with Microsoft at E3 has been taken as fact?
Has it actually? I've seen people agree Phil Spencer with some people from Nintendo, but Sakurai meeting with Microsoft? I don't think that's the case.

NineS

Smash Lord
When do you guys think they'll announcement the first DLC? Final and second direct in November, game awards or early next year?
I could see them announcing something at the Game Awards. Honestly, it'd be a pretty smart move if they did, if you ask me.
Getting people hyped for DLC that early could be good.

But then people would start leaking DLC off the bat...

yocow

Smash Rookie
Wow uh, there's been like, 50 new pages since I last checked this thread. Oops.

Anything interesting happen or are we still in the usual spot?

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I could see them announcing something at the Game Awards. Honestly, it'd be a pretty smart move if they did, if you ask me.
Getting people hyped for DLC that early could be good.

But then people would start leaking DLC off the bat...
I also think it'd make sense to announce Sora as the first DLC character released in January in response to Kingdom Hearts III.

Loog

Smash Apprentice
It's possible we will get an animal crossing scenario and get a character with a game.

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
Yep, Petey Piranha. You know, the Mario character that has appeared in over twenty games in the past sixteen years of being part of the franchise, including showing up as a boss back in Super Smash Bros. Brawl? That Petey Piranha? Why does no one talk about him? I mean, prior to the announcement of Ridley, you could use the "too big" argument I suppose, but that argument has pretty much been thrown out the window by Ridley's inclusion, at least for someone like Petey, who is, at his largest, comparable to Ridley's canon size. Since he has served as a boss multiple times throughout both the main series and the RPGs, he easily has enough of a moveset to pull from, too. Petey can fly, create tornadoes, headbutt, shoot projectile goop, bite, attack with his leaves, etc. On top of all that, he's a total dork!
Convenient you bring him up, because he's gonna be future DLC for Aces, even though he showed up as a boss in that game already. It wouldn't be out of character to have him appear both as a player and a boss again in Smash when you take this logic to heart.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
I'm calling it.

69: Incineroar
70: Mach Rider
71: Chorus Kids
72: Isaac
73: Geno
74: Banjo-Kazooie
38e: Shadow
60e: Ken
If that's the order then the banner seems weird. I'm see starting think Incineroar is an incentive for some thing.

- Buy LGPE and get Incineroar free as first DLC.
- Buy switch online and get him free.

Makes sense, and Nintendo was shown to do it today with Mario Aces.

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
So maybe I’m completely wrong here, and if I am then feel free to correct me, but there is a Smash demo event coming up and people are speculating they’ll be using a new version? Could they possibly be using that version we saw recently with that item that looks like it might be from GS?

Because if that is the case and that item IS actually Growth from GS, then would we maybe get Isaac revealed this week before that event?

Or am I completely mistaken with the info here?

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
if one or more of the characters in the grinch leak doesn't get in, i will support them and put them in my signature (aka basically only if banjo and mach rider get the boot, and ken im pretty sure is gonna be in anyway)

xAquaCrystal

Smash Journeyman
Wow uh, there's been like, 50 new pages since I last checked this thread. Oops.

Anything interesting happen or are we still in the usual spot?
Well a lot of drama had went down but besides that. We could be getting 2 directs in November and we might get a direct this week. Don’t know if it’s a smash direct though. Also I believe we are still in the same spot with the grinch leak so nothing changed.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
If that's the order then the banner seems weird. I'm see starting think Incineroar is an incentive for some thing.

- Buy LGPE and get Incineroar free as first DLC.
- Buy switch online and get him free.

Makes sense, and Nintendo was shown to do it today with Mario Aces.
Reason I think its a possibility is due to an supposed Pokemon Direct.

Watch as the first direct only announces Incineroar and then the rest on the second direct. :p

Last edited:

Hydrualic Hydra

Smash Ace
I've been through a few tags in my day, but I've settled on 'Mercury' for now. Used to have 'KETER' when I liked to stroke my own ego before getting humble, 'J0ESTAR' when I wore my favorite anime on my sleeve (literally wore the hat to tourneys and everything), and 'WASH-OI' when I played Greninja for the Ninja Slayer memes.

I'm gonna be blazing through unlocking the entire roster on release, potentially playing Spirits straight from the get-go if it's some kind of Adventure mode that unlocks all of the characters.

Following that, I'm trying everyone. No biases on who I haven't liked or been interested in in the past, I'm giving everyone a shot to see who I enjoy. There's already so many I'm stoked to play, but it'd be dumb to just limit myself to what I already like.

Mostly going to be hammering out single-player content for the first few weeks. Stadium modes, Event matches, Classic and All-Star (if it somehow comes back at this rate), the works. I go hard in unlocking Trophies, I take a lot of pride in gathering each and every one.

Got a few really good players in my area and on my campus, two of which I consider my best friends at college and training partners. Hoping to train enough between ourselves and the nuttier single player stuff to get good before trying to go competitive.

I barely went competitive in Brawl at all, and flip-flopped on how much it meant to me with Smash 4 due to a lot of personal stuff throughout the end of high school and most of college, but Ultimate means a lot to me and I'm really going to shoot for greatness with this one. Best Ridley in NA or bust.

So yeah, that's my gameplan. Hard to believe it's barely over a month away at this point. Not only is Sakurai attempting to snag the position of 'Favorite Person', he's also made it clear I'm not passing any Finals.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Ngl, the fact that you're this painfully unaware is kind of sad. And to be quite frank, I'm not any better than you, but that doesn't really matter. You tried to climb on your high horse and call Swamp out for posting the gif, say that the best way for him to be mature was to ignore your counterpoints altogether, and now you have the audacity to NOT practice what you preach because it suits you best atm.

That's an L for you my boi. Now to quote what you said:
Like I said, that was just a mistake, that did not need any calling out for. There is no need to practice what I preach. Let's just say you are wrong about me, and you really should have not responded. There was no need to. Why continue this, anyway? If you feel a need to respond, control it. Just walk away or that L is for you. This is no big deal.

Last edited:

LetterO

Smash Lord
I'm calling it.

69: Incineroar
70: Mach Rider
71: Chorus Kids
72: Isaac
73: Geno
74: Banjo-Kazooie
38e: Shadow
60e: Ken
I severely hope you’re wrong about Incineroar being next, which would cause an even bigger ****storm about the banner until the next bit of news.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I severely hope you’re wrong about Incineroar being next, which would cause an even bigger ****storm about the banner until the next bit of news.
I don't want to keep repeating myself but wasn't there said to be an "missing character" in the banner? It could be Incineroar for all we know.

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master

>They use ugly adult design over the superior kid design

messed up
e5c54ac73e116e71b1a5e29da1181917--games-games-games-dragon-quest.jpg

D

Deleted member

The mods might gank me for this, but I kinda found out something just now. I want you all to take a look at the current music selection screen.

Screenshot (1102).png

If you look, there's currently three open slots left for IPs. Out of that whole list, you can put Banjo-Kazooie, Golden Sun and Rhythm Heaven. Ken would go into Street Fighter, Geno would go into Mario, Mach Rider would go into "Other" like the rest of the NES gang, and Shadow would go to Sonic.

It would essentially complete the row.

I figured I'd bring that up, take it with what you will. Just please don't gang up on me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Enchess

Smash Lord

messed up
View attachment 173592
Toriyama is just better at kid designs in general. (Kid Goku >>> Adult Goku)

Edit: I'm obviously tired. I accidentally said Adult Goku is better and that's just nonsense

Last edited:

Naiko3232

Smash Apprentice
The mods might gank me for this, but I kinda found out something just now. I want you all to take a look at the current music selection screen.

View attachment 173591

If you look, there's currently three open slots left for IPs. Out of that whole list, you can put Banjo-Kazooie, Golden Sun and Rhythm Heaven. Ken would go into Street Fighter, Geno would go into Mario, Mach Rider would go into "Other" like the rest of the NES gang, and Shadow would go to Sonic.

I figured I'd bring that up, take it with what you will. Just please don't gang up on me.
mhmmmmm

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797

ok yup confirmed by think emoji lmao
So, Spawn Wave is claiming there will be a Direct announcement tomorrow.

Gaming Intel is claiming there will be a Direct announcement tomorrow.

Jon from GameXplain, by way of the otter, is claiming there will be a Direct announcement tomorrow.

If all three of these usually credible sources are wrong, I don't know what I'll do.

yocow

Smash Rookie
Well a lot of drama had went down but besides that. We could be getting 2 directs in November and we might get a direct this week. Don’t know if it’s a smash direct though. Also I believe we are still in the same spot with the grinch leak so nothing changed.
Hoo boy... Two directs this month. I don't want to get my hopes up but that would actually be the greatest.

And let's hope there's a direct this week, I feel like the majority of us are going insane at this point lol

D

Deleted member

The stage post comes tomorrow though, along with the music.

If the music track is delayed, then something suspect is happening.
Did you ignore what I said before?

Stage posts aren't exclusive to Tuesdays.
The ONLY thing consistent about Tuesday/Music day is that there is no character. Stage, item, or Assist/Pokémon, but never character.

Last edited by a moderator:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

messed up
View attachment 173592
Pft, who wants to play as some tyke whose shorter than his sword.
I'll take the JRPG Goku with Vegeta hair any day of the week.

NineS

Smash Lord
Hoo boy... Two directs this month. I don't want to get my hopes up but that would actually be the greatest.

And let's hope there's a direct this week, I feel like the majority of us are going insane at this point lol
What if I told you we've always been insane, and we're just good at hiding it?
Except me.
I haven't bothered hiding it.

Because I'm a terrible liar.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Toriyama is just better at kid designs in general. (Kid Goku <<< Adult Goku)
You have those inequality signs the wrong way around for what you're arguing.

doomedtacox

Smash Ace
So apparently in the grinch leak, kazooie is freaking out at snake aiming in Banjo's direction with his launcher, and in some game there's a mission where snake has to kill a bear. Is this true?

dilfsR'us

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-5253-6645-3708

View attachment 173591

I hope that this is the case, if the leak is true and your right it would mean the music, stage and character select screen would all be perfectly space which would just help with the OCD in me and probably a lot of people.

Shroob

Sup?
Did you ignore what I said before?

Stage posts aren't exclusive to Tuesdays.
The ONLY thing consistent about Tuesday/Music day is that there is no character. Stage, item, or Assist/Pokémon, but never character.
Sorry Golden. Tonight's been soo bad I just flat out didn't see it. :urg:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom