• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SoccerStar9001

Smash Lord
For the general direct, probably some Bayo3 footage, another port announcement, and duh, Golden Sun 4 of course, coming to the Switch 2019.
Damn you just reminded me that I really want some Prime trilogy for Switch and maybe one for Golden Sun too.

mbvswb

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 4561 1118 2914
just copying and pasting something I said on Twitter this morning:

Hmmm...

What if this week we get a smash direct and then next week we get a Nintendo direct that announces the N64 classic with BK and then BK in Smash.

It would line up with Microsoft potentially announcing Banjo Threeie during their Nov. 11 event.

ChronoKatie

Smash Journeyman
NNID
cocobrien
Switch FC
7004 2762 0628
Even if the general direct is first, we'll know if the Grinch leak is fake or real just by who is announced and if it's a character that was in the Grinch leak. Their exact placement on the banner on the website.
The only one who wouldn't make it conclusive is Incineroar, and if he's in a spot that isn't taken by a grinch char.

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
What I would love to see in a Nintendo direct is some footage on both: Prime 4 and Bayo 3.

As for the Smash direct the pure suspense of a final confirmation or debunk of the banner leak kind of pushes everything else to the side for me, personally

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Watch if there's a direct this week they won't have any Smash information in it at all.

Because that is our curse.
Smash Ultimate website disappears.

All media on external sites vanish.

No mention of game ever again.

Nintendo publish a Grinch game on December 7.

Smash Ultimate no longer exists.

D

Deleted member

What do you think would be announced in a general direct besides smash?
Hearthstone on Switch, if Diablo III sets any sort of precedent for Blizzard. It's the easiest of their games to put on the console and would probably be pretty popular on it.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Well, that was uncalled for. I think you are being more toxic than you think I am.
And there's the response.

How ironic.

Dropping in one last time tonight to drop this
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Lowkey hoping we get the direct at some point this week. Tired of Smash heads talking about this leak on here and the twitter TL.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Hey

I'm posting this to be on page 100.

Also, to not be off-topic, it look like I missed alot of...."interesting" discussion while I was gone.

Edit: Well, ****, this thread move too fast hahaha.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
And there's the response.

How ironic.
Seriously, I don't think there is anything ironic on what I said. It's one thing for me to make a mistake here, but calling me out on it makes you no better than me just because I called someone else out. Now don't say anything else.

Last edited:

SAMation

Smash Journeyman
Well, this got a bit awkward.

The name "Hifumin" is actually a nickname for the character in my PFP. I'm a senior in high school and thus, not actually married. :p
OH WOOPS MY BAD LOL. Nice though, and hope your school years goin good for you!

mbvswb

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 4561 1118 2914
my tag will be "vs." it's my brand. mbvswb is it's full name (derived from mariobrosvswariobros) but I think vs just sounds and looks cool

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Priority hoping for the smash direct this week.

If not, at least enough news in the general one to confirm or deconfirm the leak.

All we need is a banner update.

radBoss

Smash Cadet
Even if the general direct is first, we'll know if the Grinch leak is fake or real just by who is announced and if it's a character that was in the Grinch leak. Their exact placement on the banner on the website.

I do have to admit, 2 directs actually makes it more plausible to have 7 characters left. You could have 2 or even 3 in one direct. And then 4-5 with a similar pace to the August direct. I'm still on neutral mode here. But that fact might be a point in it's favor.
I mean if you wanna piece together tidbits we've heard here and there, one trailer we're getting is supposed to premier two characters. That would likely be the one we'd get in the general Direct, assuming the leak is real.

xAquaCrystal

Smash Journeyman
I hope we get a smash direct this week! Also if we are getting a general Nintendo direct kinda hope we get info on fire emblem and maybe animal crossing >.> sorry guys I’m just hype for those games. Lol

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Smash Ultimate website disappears.

All media on external sites vanish.

No mention of game ever again.

Nintendo publish a Grinch game on December 7.

Smash Ultimate no longer exists.
To quote the late great Michael Clarke Duncan:

''Don't you put that evil on me Ricky Bobby."

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
So, what is this fiscal earnings thing, anyway.
It's so Nintendo can tell the Stock Holders that they are making a bunch of money and will continue to make a bunch of money by doing the things they are doing. Like releasing Pokemon and Smash on the Switch.

Shroob

Sup?
So, what exactly would they even show off in a General Direct?

The September one seemed to cover their holiday lineup well enough, and it seems too early to go hard on their early-mid 2019 titles.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
my tag will be "vs." it's my brand. mbvswb is it's full name (derived from mariobrosvswariobros) but I think vs just sounds and looks cool
THAT's your tag? Well why didn't you say so? I JUST posted this:

In terms of reasonable characters, Kamek and/or Poochy

In terms of unreasonable characters,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom