• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
People are divided on it, as usual.

But Grinch leak talk got banned here apparently.
Wait, really?

That seems counterproductive to a thread about Ultimate discussion.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
So, Spawn Wave is claiming there will be a Direct announcement tomorrow.

Gaming Intel is claiming there will be a Direct announcement tomorrow.

Jon from GameXplain, by way of the otter, is claiming there will be a Direct announcement tomorrow.

If all three of these usually credible sources are wrong, I don't know what I'll do.
I guess we're on board with insiders when they tell us what we want to hear.

Mutsukki

Smash Ace
Wouldn't a direct announcement tomorrow mean we're getting a Direct on Halloween...? Or maybe they could announce it for later I suppose

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Quoted from someone else:

"It's also Naked Snake who eats wild animals, yet Snake clearly talks about tasting Yoshi in Brawl.

Smash Snake has always been an amalgamation of every version of the character. "

Not sure if that means anything.
It means nothing because it's desperate grasping at straws.
This is solid snake, unequivocally, inarguably. It's like saying Young Link is his Majora's Mask incarnation except ten times as bad.

He has only 4, now probably 3, subtle nods to Big Boss in any capacity.
1. A full beard
2. Camos based off of MGS3 camos (which would be the most obvious reskins to use)
3. An infinitesimally small chance of his C4 turning into a butterfly shape
4. References to eating stuff in his codec (which is probably scrapped for ultimate)

Mutsukki

Smash Ace
I doubt it's as confusing as Kingdom Hearts. Every is Xehanort! Everyone is Sora! Time travel! Data! DARKNESS!
As a fan of borh who doesn't think either is too complex if you play them in order... they're basically on the same level.

Last edited:

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
We're gonna get a regular direct first which then hypes up a Smash direct that's next week and you'll like it
If it truly is the week after, then they can spend the first direct flipping us the bird for 30 minutes and I wouldn't care. Just give me solid dates to look forward to, that's all I ask!

Ok so for the hypothetically leaked characters what do you all think their icons for their franchises will be, like will banjo and kazooie have a jiggy puzzle piece?
Definitely Jiggy for Banjo.

Isaac's would be that sun symbol in the logo (people have used a fan-made one for leaks, just like that one.)

Mach Rider...that one's hard to place. Is there a key symbol or image for that game? Maybe just a motorcycle?

Rhythm Heaven...also hard. Probably would incorporate the cloud shape of the logo. Maybe with the letters RH inside.

Yeah, B-K is the only definite one I can think of. But I'm interested to see what they pick for RH.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Good decision on the part of the mods to ban Grinch leak discussion. There's nothing more we can do but wait for more information to come out.

Now then, who do ya'll think is most likely for the next Direct? Do you think it'll be a general direct or a Smash direct? If so, what'll do you think it will cover or want it to cover besides Smash characters?

Have I told you all about our lord and savior Nihilist Theory?

Last edited:

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Because both sides go at each other's throats with reckless abandon. We've proven that we can't have a civil discussion without it derailing into a cesspit.
I feel like we already proved that when ****ing Waluigi was shown as an assist trophy. We're just stuck on this crazy treadmill until the game finally comes out.

Eh. I was always extremely hands-off when I was adminning over at AllisBrawl. Let people get it out of their systems. But I also skipped like 40 pages so maybe it got bad bad.

amazonevan19

Smash Ace
Spooky Mystic is speaking out again about smash. He continued a long thread about smash info and then just confirmed the direct leak is accurate according to what he's heard.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

GET HYPED

Idk why he keeps talking if he's getting fired for it though, ngl

Hydrualic Hydra

Smash Ace
Good decision on the part of the mods in my opinion.

Now then, who do ya'll think is most likely for the next Direct? Do you think it'll be a general direct or a Smash direct? If so, what'll do you think it will cover or want it to cover besides Smash characters?
Spirits or I schleep.

But really though, please explain what Spirits is and confirm what kind of single-player modes we're getting. I adore Smash's single-player content and it's taken me a while to admit that Smash 4 was lacking in that aspect.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Can we talk about Snake, I've been DYING to talk about Snake.
Yall ever realize how many canonical Snake echoes we canonically got?

We got the Boss, the original Snake
We got Big Boss/Naked Snake, the successor
We got Venom Snake, the mental copy of Big Boss
We got Solid Snake, the clone
We got Liquid Snake, the other clone
We got Solidus Snake, the other mixed clone
We got Raiden, the mental copy of Solid Snake
We got Liquid Ocelot, the mental copy of Liquid Snake, in Revolver Ocelot's body (kinda)
We got Big Boss AGAIN with Solidus body parts.
We got Solid Snake AGAIN, but he's OLD.

Last edited:

NextChannelGames

Smash Journeyman
How did we get to talking about Metal Gear? Our we talking about the PlayStation Classic coming out. Because I feel like that the Library isn’t the best...

lol I think I’ve lost it, why can’t Smash Direct be here sooner...

radBoss

Smash Cadet
I feel like we already proved that when ****ing Waluigi was shown as an assist trophy. We're just stuck on this crazy treadmill until the game finally comes out.

Eh. I was always extremely hands-off when I was adminning over at AllisBrawl. Let people get it out of their systems. But I also skipped like 40 pages so maybe it got bad bad.
Tbh I blame Greninja's tongue.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
If it truly is the week after, then they can spend the first direct flipping us the bird for 30 minutes and I wouldn't care. Just give me solid dates to look forward to, that's all I ask!

Definitely Jiggy for Banjo.

Isaac's would be that sun symbol in the logo (people have used a fan-made one for leaks, just like that one.)

Mach Rider...that one's hard to place. Is there a key symbol or image for that game? Maybe just a motorcycle?

Rhythm Heaven...also hard. Probably would incorporate the cloud shape of the logo. Maybe with the letters RH inside.

Yeah, B-K is the only definite one I can think of. But I'm interested to see what they pick for RH.
Rhythm Heaven wouldn't have the letters RH unless it gets different logos across languages, since the series is called Rhythm Tengoku in Japan.

That point was literally one of the many reasons the rumour with Agnes was debunked.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Good decision on the part of the mods to ban Grinch leak discussion. There's nothing more we can do but wait for more information to come out.

Have I told you all about our lord and savior Nihilist Theory?
I imagine we'll get a Smash direct. It's not been that long since general direct and there isn't much new stuff.

And yeah, that theory looks more and more tempting with each passing day.

Spirits or I schleep.

But really though, please explain what Spirits is and confirm what kind of single-player modes we're getting. I adore Smash's single-player content and it's taken me a while to admit that Smash 4 was lacking in that aspect.
Yes, please. I love Smash Run but I keep returning to Brawl for single-player content and I'm starting to feel like a Melee fanboy.

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Spooky Mystic is speaking out again about smash. He continued a long thread about smash info and then just confirmed the direct leak is accurate according to what he's heard.

GET HYPED

Nothing more to lose at this point I guess, assuming he's actually going to face repercussions. He could've also been referring to the reputation that he's built up for over 5 years being ruined all at once due to Smash Bros. though.

Either way, with Mystic, Spawn Wave, Stealth_, and Jon hinting at a direct this week, I feel like our wait is about to finally end.

Last edited:

ReeseBalaski

Smash Journeyman
I think I'm actually gonna take a break from the boards for a while.

If it's true that we're getting a Direct or two soon, then there will probably some massive blowout of some kind. And if that's the case, I don't wanna be there when it happens. This whole thing is very tiring.

And it's not that I don't trust the mods' ability to keep this thread under control (they're actually the best mods I've seen on a social website, seriously great work), it's just the way things have been going, I don't foresee any kind of announcement ending too well.

I'll be back once I feel I'm ready to come back though. Until then, keep it Smashin', nerds.

Ciao.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
(you too mods, admins)
Sometimes the elephant in the room starts crowding people out with how blown up and big it can be. People need a reminder of that to cool their heels. Just doing my job as a mod.

But, yes, as doomedtacox doomedtacox put it, being antagonistic and attacking other people ad hominem about all the leak stuff isn't cool. Talking about it (as in, politely) is fine.

Smooth Criminal

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Hey guys, if there were voice chat for this game, and you could say anything during the match, or at the beginning or end of it, what would you say?

Since the game is coming out in December, I would say at the beginning of a match, "Check me out! I'm the ghost of Christmas Kick Your ***!" (Guess where that came from?)

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584

We got Solidus Snake, the mixed clone
We got Liquid Ocelot, the mental copy of Liquid Snake, in Revolver Ocelot's body (kinda)
Non canon we got even more.

Metal Gear Ac!d one for the PSP featured Solid Snake.

Metal Gear Ac!d 2 jumped ahead in the future to a new Snake... who is a clone of SOLID Snake. Crazy.

In Portable Ops there was also a character called Python who was a buddy of Naked Snake's in the Fox unit. He would later be brainwashed and trained for the sole purpose to kill Big Boss and be known as the "Anti-Snake".

Snake Echo possibilities are limitless.

yocow

Smash Rookie

We got Solidus Snake, the other mixed clone
We got Big Boss AGAIN with Solidus body parts.
We got Solid Snake AGAIN, but he's OLD.
I feel like someone could make a fighting game where the roster is entirely just comprised of all of the different Snakes

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I guess we're on board with insiders when they tell us what we want to hear.
Hey, man, I never really doubted the insiders. Don't put that curse on me.

doomedtacox

Smash Ace

GET HYPED

Only "a" newcomer trailer? Just that imply just one?

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
How did we get to talking about Metal Gear? Our we talking about the PlayStation Classic coming out. Because I feel like that the Library isn’t the best...
I thought the same. What's particularly weird is the lack of sequels that also launched on the console.

Like, who wants to pay $100 play only the first Wild Arms? Or only the first Resident Evil? I can't name half the games on here, and honestly, it doesn't look like it's worth the money at all.

Feels like PS All-Stars Battle Royale all over again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom