• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Dive to the heart would be so good as a stage. I really hope that if sodas in that’s the stage as much as I like the other options.
NineS NineS
Look, another Bepis 2B supporter.
Yes usually directs are not too far off from their financial reports
Jokes aside, that's good to know.

Last edited:

Blu99

S***post King
Switch FC
SW-7236-2735-6407
Also if Sora was in

I’d want @Nekoo s avatar to be a real thing. A Geno skin would be so cool but probably not happen even if Geno was also in.
I can just imagine Kirby shouting "Deep Freeze!" as I can see that being his neutral B

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Limit Form in 2 is my favourite tbh, but KH2 is the most memorable as a lot of people don't like the first game as much as the second

Depends if they can get any rights for Disney world costumes, as I'd love either the Halloween or Christmas Town outfits, or even a Timeless River costume
I'm one of those people who likes KH2 way more too. And IMO, for good reason. I replayed the whole series preparing for KHIII and man, the original Kingdom Hearts combat, while there's nothing actually WRONG with it? Is completely dated, especially when you compare just how much more fluid/in control/powerful you feel with Sora in the second game.

FantasyBlade

Smash Apprentice
Since we're talking about Sora, I was going to post this before but how much of Sora's moveset do you guys think/hope incorporates Disney stuff? I think it could be really cool and unique if it had Donald and Goofy as well as summons like Simba, Dumbo etc. I think aside from that his moveset might be a little bland if it's just keyblade attacks and magic.

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
It makes me happy to see the Switch do so well, it's a fantastic concept and I'm super pleased to see it being rewarded. The lack of some simple features is still a bit baffling, but the overall feel of the console is top notch, and that's the most important thing imo.

Sweddy

Smash Rookie
Geez... I come back after a night of relaxing and see the mess that occurred a few dozen pages back... I feel bad for the mods here, this is such a mess.

I really cannot wait for that direct so both sides can shut the hell up about this and the community can just move on.

SoccerStar9001

Smash Lord
Since we're talking about Sora, I was going to post this before but how much of Sora's moveset do you guys think/hope incorporates Disney stuff? I think it could be really cool and unique if it had Donald and Goofy as well as summons like Simba, Dumbo etc. I think aside from that his moveset might be a little bland if it's just keyblade attacks and magic.
I slightly doubt there will be a lot of Disney related stuff involved, if at all. Maybe for his Final Smash will have many Disney reference, but his normals are probably mostly keyblade attacks, not sure about his specials though.

Zippo

Smash Journeyman
And she has spoken. The final roster will be known this week, and there are two characters not seen on the banner that she knows of.
Screenshot_20181030-030359~01.png

It's happening.

Last edited:

ChronoKatie

Smash Journeyman
NNID
cocobrien
Switch FC
7004 2762 0628
Sora's final smash would either be Final form, trinity limit or ragnarok maybe?

Atlas2398

Smash Cadet
haven't read back, but has anyone mentioned jon's (gamexplain) otter? apparently he posts one before every direct announcement and posted an otter earlier

ChronoKatie

Smash Journeyman
NNID
cocobrien
Switch FC
7004 2762 0628
And she has spoken. The final roster will be known this week, and there are two characters not seen on the banner.
View attachment 173601

It's happening.
Hmmm suggesting that not only is it missing some, but some of the ones on there aren't the real deal? Or just suggesting that on top of what it already has there are two more?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
So if there's something this week that means now we wait until 11 pm Japan time.

That's another 6 hours.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
Hmmm suggesting that not only is it missing some, but some of the ones on there aren't the real deal? Or just suggesting that on top of what it already has there are two more?
I think she's saying that she at least knows of two characters not on the banner. That doesn't mean all of those characters on the banner are in, she's just saying the Banner's not right/fake

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
And she has spoken. The final roster will be known this week, and there are two characters not seen on the banner.
View attachment 173601

It's happening.
So from various insiders we have learned...

- Incineroar + 1 other character not on the banner are in the game
- Ken and Shadow may be in
- Shadow may not be in
- Isaac and Geno may be in
- Isaac is not in
- Chorus Kids may be in
- Banjo is in
- Banner is fake
- Banner may be real
- 1 of the banner characters is an Assist Trophy
- Sora may be DLC
- Lloyd may be DLC
- There are only 3 more reveals left
- Steve may be in
- There is no Minecraft content

...I'm so confused.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
I swear to god almighty if the next Direct is a general one, AND it drops Incineroar...

I'm getting into the fallout shelters until launch. **** is going to hit the fan.

Naiko3232

Smash Apprentice
What she is saying is so contradictory to what other people claim that this is just a mess right now.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I swear to god almighty if the next Direct is a general one, AND it drops Incineroar...

I'm getting into the fallout shelters until launch. **** is going to hit the fan.
And bodies gonna hit the floor.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
So from various insiders we have learned...

- Incineroar + 1 other character not on the banner are in the game
- Ken and Shadow may be in
- Shadow may not be in
- Isaac and Geno may be in
- Isaac is not in
- Chorus Kids may be in
- Banjo is in
- Banner is fake
- Banner may be real
- 1 of the banner characters is an Assist Trophy
- Sora may be DLC
- Lloyd may be DLC
- There are only 3 more reveals left
- Steve may be in
- There is no Minecraft content

...I'm so confused.
Basically, the only person we should be waiting to hear from is Sakurai.

Freaky Mutant Man

Smash Apprentice

Sakurai would have to be a real mean one to pull that.

Oh man it's gonna happen, isn't it? Tell me it ain't so.

Edink

Smash Cadet
I think his final smash would summon Donald and Goofy but that would be it for Disney references in his move set.
I dunno but for me it makes a lot more of sense bringing Riku and Kairi in the final Smash instead of the Disney boys.

BTW, what happened to the old thread?

Shroob

Sup?
We'll know in a few hours what's up.

If it's a general Direct, it'll be announced today, with it coming tomorrow(Halloween).

If it's a Smash Direct, it'll be announced today, with the Direct November 1st.

It'll only be a few more hours until we see if a Direct is coming at all, stay strong.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Rule 1 of Smash speculation: Prepare to be disappointed by the final reveals
Nah, I think I'll hype myself for my most wanted and then blame the real reveals for my disappointment, thanks.

:troll:

Last edited:

ChronoKatie

Smash Journeyman
NNID
cocobrien
Switch FC
7004 2762 0628
This is my, unfortunate, prediction. A direct this week will reveal both Ken and Incineroar simultaneously. And then the Smash direct later that month will mostly focus on spirits and then later reveal some sort of Square character who is not Geno. And that's a wrap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom