• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I'd argue omni proved images/video cant be trusted.

its the circumstances surrounding this leak giving it massive amounts of credibility.
Okay but you just said we shouldn't trust the banner because it's an image :drflip: make up your mind man

Last edited:

JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL

Smash Lord
NNID
JacobReal!
Switch FC
SW-4350-2362-0253
You're just about as bad as he's being if I'm gonna be honest with you.
I'm not directly insulting an entire team who believe a leak of a video game is real. I freaked out over the tongue because I had a stressful day and couldn't control myself, plus it was obvious that it was behind snakes gun and slightly lower quality compared to the ACTUAL leak.

Also, just gonna say this, weather you believe the leak or no, please respect others on their stance on it. Trust me, I learned that myself.

ShadowGamer193

Smash Journeyman
I’m going to leave this thread for an hour. Hopefully things have calmed down by then. I just need a break.

mbvswb

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 4561 1118 2914
I'm back to tribalism. Geno first! Geno over everyone.

Honest Slug

Smash Journeyman
Omni's leak isn't even comparable to this.

One Rayman render doesn't come close to an entire banner with 7 new characters plus new art for characters obscured by elements of the banner with equipment and all sorts of details that perfectly matches the environment of ACP. They even shut down a video that helped the leak on a weekend.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I'm not directly insulting an entire team who believe a leak of a video game is real
Pointing fingers to blame isn't fun, man.
Your moral of the story is the usual bit but I actually think it's time you logged off and gave it a rest, you're straining yourself on this.

JoshOmega

Smash Rookie
I really hope the direct happens on the first. This leak really needs to be put to rest one wya or the other. Nintendo please end this insane ride

D

Deleted member

I think I'm gonna call it for now too. I come here to have fun discussion about a game I like, not yell at each other about it. Hopefully things will cool off a bit by tomorrow morning...

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I just hope the Direct is indeed the 1st.
We all need it.
The sooner, the better. Once that Direct hits, we're gonna forget all about the leak and just come together and ride in the hype.

aside from the inevitable i told you so from whatever team is proven right which i dread with every fiber of my being

RC-3197

Smash Apprentice
I won't comment on the actual leak here, but I will comment on how it just further proves how compression affects the colors. There's literally no pink at all where people think they saw the end of Greninja's tongue.
I don't know what you are talking about there is pink here:

Edit: Removed an inaccurate image.

Last edited:

Fortnite4Smash

Smash Apprentice
tbh I didn't know y'all were taking this THAT seriously, y'all should seriously calm down, whether the roster includes Banjo or not, life is gonna be the same. Don't let it effect your mental state. Take a step back and realize that.

TheMilkmann

Smash Apprentice
Oh boy, a Smashboards war, all started over Greninja's tongue...

We need something soon to stop all this pointless arguing

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
The sooner, the better. Once that Direct hits, we're gonna forget all about the leak and just come together and ride in the hype.

aside from the inevitable i told you so from whatever team is proven right which i dread with every fiber of my being
Together we ride, or will ride, if that is more accurate.

D

Deleted member

If I were to look toward the future and see how Ultimate's DLC cycle is turning out to be, I can say that so far, it's looking to be much more of a comfy ride than this cycle.

• Sora is gonna be the first character, which is VERY promising and starting this **** off right.
  • Universally everyone agrees Rex & Pyra are a definite lock.
  • Crash Bandicoot looking to be another real good chapter, lots of support from him in Japan, Americas and all around.
  • We might see characters like Bandana Dee and Skull Kid get their due.

It seems as if "DLC Cycle > Base Cycle", even with all the insane dreams coming true. The experience is what matters the most.

amazonevan19

Smash Ace
View attachment 173512

Here. The leaker got Greninja's tongue completely wrong.

In an attempt to make up material not usually seen, he accidentally cut Greninja's tongue way too short.

It's a fake.

so long grinch, it was nice knowing ye.

Thanks for making discussion hype again.

Now...we're back to the black depths of Kencineroar despair.

And now Shadow is in danger again.....................................

kms

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Congrats everyone, we have become the literal essence of this:

We all used to be friends and happily talked about what we want to see in Smash. It was nice. It was calm. It was paradise.

Then the Grinch happened and all hell broke lose. Hope all of you are happy and proud of what happened.

Last edited:

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
After reading this thread recently I've decided the most likely scenario is that everyone is simply drunk. Both sides are getting desperate and saying ridiculous things and making bat**** crazy leaps in logic. And no one realizes that they're being just as insane as everyone else so they get toxic. This has been fun but I'm out till we get a direct.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Strong pixelated tongue theme going around here.
Must be a slow Monday night.

Last edited:

Dcas

Smash Journeyman
Congratulations guys, we got someone out of a job for some ****ing pixels in a game to be confirmed. Hope you’re proud of yourselves.
No one forced him, what the ****?

How old are you? Assuming you are an adult, 18+ then you should know we all are free to do whatever we want as long as it doesnt ****s up other lives, he didnt have a gun in his head to do the stuff he did, he was very nice but dont come here preaching that its the communitys fault, obviously there always some rotten apples in the basket but dont come with that moralist and generalist preach of yours, is very very annoying.

Last edited:

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
Ok guys I am here to debunk the Greninja tongue theory FOREVER!:
The banner they are using for evidence is actually an OLD VERSION where Snake is closer to Greninja and his tongue goes behind Snake's launcher -
1540869729147s.jpg

In the current newest banner Snake is further away from Greninja and his tongue DOES NOT go behind Snake's launcher like that and it fits exactly with the size in the Grinch leak -
SSBU_Panoramic - Copy.png

GRENINJA TONGUE THEORY KILLED!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I'm not directly insulting an entire team who believe a leak of a video game is real. I freaked out over the tongue because I had a stressful day and couldn't control myself, plus it was obvious that it was behind snakes gun and slightly lower quality compared to the ACTUAL leak.

Also, just gonna say this, weather you believe the leak or no, please respect others on their stance on it. Trust me, I learned that myself.
You've been nothing but an unpleasant jerk the whole time. Get some self-awareness before you try to **** on people, not after.

Originality

Smash Journeyman
I'm also calling it a night here. I expect to wake up to nothing but I hope to wake up to a Direct announcement. Have fun y'all

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
Okay but you just said we shouldn't trust the banner because it's an image :drflip: make up your mind man

im saying the image is not the way to debunk it. im saying omni proved even if the banner was FLAWLESS it could be fake.

To disprove the leak get ACP-PLV to say they arent working on smash or its very likely this is real. thats the leak.

GenoToto

Smash Journeyman
The fever is real - I stepped out for one day since this all started going down, I've witnessed the closure of one thread to make way for another, and already, folks here have nearly managed to break a hundred pages in less than a day. I'm with Nekoo Nekoo on this one - for my sake, their sake, everybody's sake, I sincerely hope these Nov. 1st rumors are true and we get some kind of presentation just so that the dust could settle.

Lord knows we need that badly. Honestly, six days in a row where we all need a drink at the end of them can't be terribly healthy.

The Animator

Smash Journeyman
It was all the evidence around the Grinch leak that made it strong in the first place. The photo is so blurry looking at minute details is silly since we cant clearly see it. But go ahead and keep fighting.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I don't know what you are talking about there is pink here:

Aw man is this the new Picross?

Congrats everyone, we have become the literal essence of this:

We all used to be friends and happily talked about what we want to see in Smash. It was nice. It was calm. It was paradise.

Then the Grinch happened and all hell broke lose. Hope all of you are happy and proud of what happened.
We've all become bad bananas as per the Tyler Grinch song

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I'm not gonna lie, for a good few minutes there, this thread was legitimately scaring me. Everyone was getting way too heated, and it felt uncomfortable as hell.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Stage Blog post on Tuesday? Something is up. Odds of direct being this week over next are up!

doomedtacox

Smash Ace
Omni's leak isn't even comparable to this.

One Rayman render doesn't come close to an entire banner with 7 new characters plus new art for characters obscured by elements of the banner with equipment and all sorts of details that perfectly matches the environment of ACP. They even shut down a video that helped the leak on a weekend.
And the grinch, and chadondorf, etc etc.

Thrones

Smash Rookie
Has anyone put up a thread for Felix yet? With Issac seeming inevitable, I feel like his obvious echo should make it in with him, or at least be DLC if we get echoes as DLC.

SmashingXan2

Smash Journeyman

so long grinch, it was nice knowing ye.

Thanks for making discussion hype again.

Now...we're back to the black depths of Kencineroar despair.

And now Shadow is in danger again.....................................

kms
Boy, Grinch is still alive. You missed four on the whole debate that in the end put us back right where we started

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom