• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Untouch

Smash Master
Here's something.

Why don't people try to tell me their best guess for the next (smash) direct. The date, the time (include time zone), the intro "surprise", the outro "surprise", and the meat of the direct in the order you expect it.

If enough people guess someone's bound to get something right :denzel:
August 8th
Open with a character trailer, Ken and Incineroar, showcasing a new stage, Ultra Space.
After that he'll explain Ken and Incineroar, then Ultra Space and the ultra beast stage hazards that can show up.
That'll segue into explaining the remaining 4 stages he hasn't shown off, for whatever reason.
He'll explain the rest of the assist trophies and items in the game as well.
From that, he'll go over Spirits mode and how it functions, this'll be the bulk of the direct.
Then he'll explain the online functionality and remaining single player stuff.
Then he'll end with a TestSmash announcement for the 16th, maybe a Spirits mode trailer at the very end.

My theory that new series don't end the direct has been 3 for 3 so far, they usually come with stages and Sakurai has been explaining them, that's why I don't think we're getting a character trailer at the end this time, unless Incineroar is at the end and they start with a new series. I do not Incineroar is getting a new stage though since the Ultra Beasts who are the focal point of SM's story are strangely absent so far.

FallofBrawl

Smash Ace
How companies do leak bait, so I heard, is to throw a bunch of names out there, some true and some fake. They reel in untrustworthy sources with some real leaks, and then throw a curveball, this is to help root out the leakers whom are closer to the project once they grab onto the bait leak.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Here's something.

Why don't people try to tell me their best guess for the next (smash) direct. The date, the time (include time zone), the intro "surprise", the outro "surprise", and the meat of the direct in the order you expect it.

For the date, November 10th, at 6 P.M. (EST), and the intro "surprise" is the reveal of Isaac, while Banjo & Kazooie make for the outro "surprise", which Sakurai will acknowledge himself.

In between that, the new mode will be introduced, the stage builder (improved) is revealed, the online availabilities are explained, and then the announcement of future DLC for a later date is stated. The remaining "leaked" characters get revealed out of nowhere in addition.

But really though, if the last part happens somehow...and I'm team neutral here.

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
August 8th
Open with a character trailer, Ken and Incineroar, showcasing a new stage, Ultra Space.
After that he'll explain Ken and Incineroar, then Ultra Space and the ultra beast stage hazards that can show up.
That'll segue into explaining the remaining 4 stages he hasn't shown off, for whatever reason.
From that, he'll go over Spirits mode and how it functions, this'll be the bulk of the direct.
Then he'll end with a TestSmash announcement for the 16th, maybe a Spirits mode trailer at the very end.

My theory that new series don't end the direct has been 3 for 3 so far, they usually come with stages and Sakurai has been explaining them, that's why I don't think we're getting a character trailer at the end this time, unless Incineroar is at the end and they start with a new series. I do not Incineroar is getting a new stage though since the Ultra Beasts who are the focal point of SM's story are strangely absent so far.
Interesting

I also personally expect some kind of news about a demo or "Test Smash" during the next major direct.
Ultra Space would be really cool too. So far the only Gen 7 representation have been a handful of Pokeballs.

Graizen

Smash Champion
GAME:

List a DLC character for each month of 2019

1 - Agumon
2 - Crash
3 - Elma
4 - Rex
5 - Bandana Dee
6 - Doomguy
7 - Crono
8 - Octoling
9 - Kyo
10 - Travis
11 - Gen 7 Pokémon
12 - Gen 8 Pokémon

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
August 8th

You mean November 8th, right? I guessed November 8th as well

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
If ACP-PLV really are the ones who requested the video to be taken down, then that's a massive red flag, and really as close to a confirmation as we're going to get before an actual Direct. The mere notion that they'd be acknowledging the leak, but not shooting it down like Marina did, would heavily imply that it's the real deal and that they're just frantically trying to soften the situation.

We can't say for certain that's what happened though, even if it's likely, for all we know it might be because the uploader (which from what I can gather is a separate company of some sort) didn't want to be associated with the controversy of a potential leak. I'll still wait and see before definitively taking a side, because I don't take the insiders' words lightly either, but it's a notable development regardless.

And no, it wasn't removed because of the comment section, that's such a paper thin excuse tbh.

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
For the date, November 10th, at 6 P.M. (EST), and the intro "surprise" is the reveal of Isaac, while Banjo & Kazooie make for the outro "surprise", which Sakurai will acknowledge himself.

In between that, the new mode will be introduced, the stage builder (improved) is revealed, the online availabilities are explained, and then the announcement of future DLC for a later date is stated.
The stage builder.

I wonder if they're actually going to improve that.

Imagine it taking inspiration from Super Mario Maker.

Last edited:

Fred Herbert

Smash Rookie
This might be an unpopular opinion, but Banjo instead of Steve for a Microsoft rep makes perfect sense.

Think about it, Smash is all about video game history, and introducing that history to it's players, young and old.

These characters spark interest into these fans. Making Smash somewhat of an advertisement as well. Hell, I've never played a Mother game in my life, as well as many others until Ness was included in Smash 64.

Smash boosts interest in characters that will probably never get their time to shine again. Just look at Ice Climbers, G&W, R.O.B., Duck Hunt, and Mach Rider. These unique characters get people talking, and learning more about their history in the gaming world.

Banjo was a big hit back in the 64 days, considerably one of Rare's biggest IPs, but hasn't really seen too many stellar appearances in video games lately. Same goes for Mega Man, who was neglected by Capcom until he was given his massive revival in Sm4sh.

While Steve would be popular with the kids, adding Banjo would get the younger generation talking. Probably even wanting their parents to dig up their old N64 carts. High interest in Banjo could even get Microsoft to return him to his old 3D platforming roots. (Banjo Threeie?) Seeing as how Mega Man 11 was an amazing game considering how recently it was made.

All in all, I'm still holding out for this leak, as there is so much potential for each of these characters. I'd still be happy with Sakurai's decisions nonetheless, as this game is already shattering expectations.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
GAME:

1 - Agumon
2 - Crash
3 - Elma
4 - Rex
5 - Bandana Dee
6 - Doomguy
7 - Crono
8 - Octoling
9 - Kyo
10 - Travis
11 - Gen 7 Pokémon
12 - Gen 8 Pokémon
What about FE Three Houses? I feel like that's almost guaranteed

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
The stage builder.

I wonder if they're actually going to improve that.

Imagine it taking inspiration from Super Mario Maker.
I hope they improve on that. Stage Builder is what keeps me playing for months and years after the game comes out

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
IF this leak is legit, how do you think people like liam Robertson and other insiders would react? Not picking on them, it's an honest question.
Liam would literally keep his twitter private for months,
Several insiders will say they lied about their thoughts out of respect to nintendo. And some would probably be pretty salty. It be great.
https://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/436781578

ACP-PLV deleted a video of how their environment works and most particually the machines

The fake thinks it’s stop spamming but it would have Ben simpler just to disable the comment section since it’s a YouTube video.
Yeah I’m convinced it’s fully real now. No way would they not just disable comments unless something incriminating and connected to smash could be made from there.
Here's something.

November 1st 5pm est.

Regular Nintendo direct. Opens with the chorus kids followed by a new RH game on switch.

Ends wth Geno and an announcement of the next smash direct.

November 8th: Smash direct at 5pm est

Opens with Issac, then echos segment for ken and shadow.

Mach rider is shown in the middle as Sakurai talks about the past and where the future will take them.

Lastly banjo closes out the direct.

But wait there’s more!

Just like mewtwo, we get confirmation of the first DLC character who is free with your Nintendo online subscription.
Omg we gun get Mother 3 at the beginning and Mother 4 at the end
“Imadethistoaeealeak likes this”

Lmao

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I hope they improve on that. Stage Builder is what keeps me playing for months and years after the game comes out
I hope they improve on it too.
Before, it's only really been a novelty to me that I only used a few times. The most used stage I made was basically a cage used for stamina matches.

D

Deleted member

Changing Final Smashes? Hmm...That's a little hard to do when we haven't seen all of them yet, and IMO the ones that needed fixing have already been fixed, but if I had to think of at least a few...

:ultpeach:: Make it like Falcon's, except instead of being ran over by the Blue Falcon, it's whoever gets caught in it getting ran over by legions of Toads and Toadettes.

:ultmetaknight:: Summons the Meta-Knights for one giant team attack.

:ultyounglink:: Not a change per se because he's never previously had one, but I'm hoping for Fierce Deity.

:ultpalutena:: I can't really come up with one on the spot (I haven't played Uprising in ages and can't think of anything specific to reference), but I will say anything is better than her Smash 4 one...

:ultchrom:: Pair up with Cordelia. :4pacman:

:ultrob:: Grows to gargantuan size, grabs all of the fighters on-screen, and starts stacking them. After he stacks them, they explode.

:ulttoonlink:: This.

Last edited by a moderator:

KMDP

Smash Legend

In between that, the new mode will be introduced, the stage builder (improved) is revealed, the online availabilities are explained, and then the announcement of future DLC for a later date is stated. The remaining "leaked" characters get revealed out of nowhere in addition.
I do like the idea of Rareware Characters closing out a Smash Direct twice in a row.

"It's like poetry, they rhyme."

osby

Smash Obsessed
This might be an unpopular opinion, but Banjo instead of Steve for a Microsoft rep makes perfect sense.

Think about it, Smash is all about video game history, and introducing that history to it's players, young and old.

These characters spark interest into these fans. Making Smash somewhat of an advertisement as well. Hell, I've never played a Mother game in my life, as well as many others until Ness was included in Smash 64.

Smash boosts interest in characters that will probably never get their time to shine again. Just look at Ice Climbers, G&W, R.O.B., Duck Hunt, and Mach Rider. These unique characters get people talking, and learning more about their history in the gaming world.

Banjo was a big hit back in the 64 days, considerably one of Rare's biggest IPs, but hasn't really seen too many stellar appearances in video games lately. Same goes for Mega Man, who was neglected by Capcom until he was given his massive revival in Sm4sh.

While Steve would be popular with the kids, adding Banjo would get the younger generation talking. Probably even wanting their parents to dig up their old N64 carts. High interest in Banjo could even get Microsoft to return him to his old 3D platforming roots. (Banjo Threeie?) Seeing as how Mega Man 11 was an amazing game considering how recently it was made.

All in all, I'm still holding out for this leak, as there is so much potential for each of these characters. I'd still be happy with Sakurai's decisions nonetheless, as this game is already shattering expectations.
I mean, according to that logic, Sakurai should have added NİGHTS instead of Sonic in Brawl.

doomedtacox

Smash Ace
GAME:

1 - Agumon
2 - Crash
3 - Elma
4 - Rex
5 - Bandana Dee
6 - Doomguy
7 - Crono
8 - Octoling
9 - Kyo
10 - Travis
11 - Gen 7 Pokémon
12 - Gen 8 Pokémon
Be completely honest, do you think Agumon seriously has anything more than a 0% chance of getting into this game?

D

Deleted member

So someone on 4chan made this handy little image:

1540749869646.jpg

The video takedown, and confirmation that Bamco spreads fake leaks are both very interesting to note.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
I hope they improve on it too.
Before, it's only really been a novelty to me that I only used a few times. The most used stage I made was basically a cage used for stamina matches.
That's what I did as well, a cage stage, except not for stamina matches, because I'm evil and like seeing the characters bounce around like ping pong balls :yeahboi:

Phyr

Smash Journeyman
On the other hand, do they have a reason to keep it up?
The question should be: Do they have any reason to delete in a Sunday evening? Was it that urgent? (They deleted it around 18:00 in our timezne (I'm spanish, but France has the same time zone than us)

ButterGeek

Smash Apprentice
Here's something.

Novemember 7th Midnight CET
AND the big thing is, it's not a Direct, it's a new 50 Fact Extravaganza.
I won't list 50 things, but here are examples of stuff they could reveal:
Opening (so facts 1 & 2):
INCINEROAR brings others to heel!
KEN joins the fight!
They are in as the last base game fighters
The 32 player tourney
A lot of stuff about the Spirits mode (it's basically Subspace 2)
New item, Beast Ball, works like Pokeball but summons Ultra Beasts (Poipole, Naganadel, Buzzwole, Pheromosa, Xurkitree, Guzzlord, Stakataka, Blacephalon)
Some other new items, including the Paper Mario sprout
Some new ATs, including the second Indie assist, SANS
Some details about the buffs and nerfs
That and some more would make for 50, then, when we think it's over, we get
#51: About DLC
then we get a cinematic trailer for the first batch of DLC (Q1 2019):
BANJO & KAZZOIE make a rare appearance! (got the caption from a fanmade splash card)
SORA has the key to victory!
STEVE joins the game (itsaminecraftreference)

BONUS: I don't think Dante's getting in any time soon, but if he ever does his splash card should be "DANTE from the Devil May Cry series is featured!"

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
If this leak is true, and assuming the characters in it are the only ones left for base roster, that would give us 16 newcomers in Ultimate's base roster. That would be:

• 5 less than Smash 4 had when DLC was finished
  • 1 less than Smash 4 had in its base roster
  • 2 less than Brawl
  • and 5 more than Melee

Confirmation

Smash Ace
It's amazing that this already ridiculously strange leak somehow manages to become more and more confusing over time.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom