• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Rank these Sega Characters in terms of how much you want them in Smash,

-AiAi
-Joker
-Akira
-Segata Sanshiro
-NiGHTS

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
Howdy, howdy.

Grinch leak still kicking, I see.

This has been the weirdest week in Smash history and I love it. :laugh:

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Bayonetta.

"We lied. We did nothing to her. Have fun!" - Sakurai/Intern

Super spooky.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Or should I have posted the one about Witches jumping in a parabola arc?)

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm on team nuetral because I've been supporting Geno for so long some kid that was in kindergarten at the start would be graduating high school now.

After that long it'd just be too surreal

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Here's something.

Why don't people try to tell me their best guess for the next (smash) direct. The date, the time (include time zone), the intro "surprise", the outro "surprise", and the meat of the direct in the order you expect it.

If enough people guess someone's bound to get something right :denzel:

Last edited:

CaptainCC

Smash Journeyman
How would this work? Totodile and Bayleef could replace Squirtle and Ivysaur fine, I guess, but Typhlosion over Charizard wouldn't work too well.

Not sure. TBH not a huge Pokemon fan, but I figured they could work something out with not a lot of hassle. I don't know characters beyond gen1, so I could be wrong about ease of echoness.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Rank these Sega Characters in terms of how much you want them in Smash,

-Ai Ai
-Joker
-Akira
-Segata Sanshiro
-NiGHTS
  1. Joker
  2. NİGHTS
  3. Akira Yuki
  4. Ai Ai
I refuse to rate Segata Sanshiro because no SEGA character is even close to him. What an icon.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
To be honest, i’m remaining neutral on this but not because I am confused by the evidence. While I am open to the possibility that it has all been faked, i’ve seen more convincing evidence for it being real.

To be real, I don’t think we need to break into teams. It might just seem like fun, but some things shouldn’t be team based. Furthermore, I think something that we should actively value is a group of people trying to debunk it, because they’re not doing it all to kill the hype...they’re doing it so that there isn’t sadness/salt later if it turns out to be fabricated.

So, for people like Omni, or Vaanrose, or several other people...that should be appreciated. They don’t have a vendetta against fans of Isaac or Shadow or Geno just because. This is potentiall a prelude to the greatest Smash roster in history, and potentially the last one for a loooong time if the size and accomplishments of this roster are anything to go by.

Regardless of getting your most wanted, I do feel as if the end result is something everyone can appreciate to some degree. If Banjo, Isaac, and Geno are in this game, then they really nailed almost like 15 fan requests, especially considering the veterans picks like Snake, Pokémon Trainer, and others.

I’ve caught up after like 15 pages of reading, and i’m maintaining hope that this turns out real. Just keeping myself in check until we get leaked gameplay or a Direct.
The team thing is just because it's fun, the only problem is when it becomes tribal (which, has happened occasionally). And those of us who think it's real are also trying to actively debunk it, though every time we had a good argument, it was severely undermined (recently, my strongest argument against was the background inconsistencies, but even that has a plausible reason).

And I feel like I've tempered my expectations the best I can remaining critical of it to avoid as much disappointment as possible, though given the large nature of this leak, it's difficult to temper them completely and it'll be difficult not being disappointed when it turns out being fake. Simply acknowledging it can be, however, is the first major step.

Also, it's great to have people who try to debunk it, though it depends on their tact--Omni's been great throughout this because even though he leans fake, he's willing to hear people out and acknowledge the reasons people believe it's true--whereas we have others completely dismissing it as well as the people who believe it, being arrogant and patronizing. Those in the business of debunking should follow Omni's example, not the latter.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Hat Goomba
We can't have any characters who are members of a generic mook species. All Pokemon reps, get out. Except you, Red and Leaf, you gotta fight on your own.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Here's something.

Why don't people try to tell me their best guess for the next (smash) direct. The date, the time (include time zone), the intro "surprise", the outro "surprise", and the meat of the direct in the order you expect it.

Omg we gun get Mother 3 at the beginning and Mother 4 at the end

ButterGeek

Smash Apprentice
This might be an unpopular opinion, but I don't like Mario's and Link's Final Smashes in Ultimate
Yes, I know Mario's is the way it has been for a while, but rn I'm pretty sure Cappy is purely cosmetic and I think that suuuuuuuuucks. I think Mario's FS in ultimate should be him throwing Cappy onto the nearest opponent (if that character has a hat then first throws cappy to take off that hat then a second time), capturing them and making them throw themselves onto the ground, then Mario jumps out of them and Ground Pounds into them. Mario's usual FS would be represented by Dr. Mario's FS which is almost the same thing
With Link's, it represents BotW but I still think it's lame. Like, he just uses his fancy ancient bow and arrow. I think this would be 100 times more spectacular: We get really quick looks at the 4 Champions standing firing out of their their Divine Beasts and then the four lasers blast the stage from different directions, crossing in the center of the stage. Link obv wouldn't be able to get damaged by this.

IMainKingKRool

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NYEH_HEH_HEH
Is there any "spooky" characters or items left to reveal?
They only do stages on Tuesday so not Luigi's Mansion.
sans undertale gives smash a abd time

maybe something small like a luigi's mansion music track, or i guess ashley would count as spooky
i would suggest more castlevania music but we just got one so i doubt that'd be the case.
zelda's got some spooky stuff i guess? redead from smash run repurposed as assist trophy?
dream would be skull kid reveal but i wouldn't count on that haha

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Howdy, howdy.

Grinch leak still kicking, I see.

This has been the weirdest week in Smash history and I love it. :laugh:
It has

Now that printing place (ACP-PLC) deleted a two year YouTube video on how things work around there

Either coincidence or damage control finally started

And the reason for that is it would have just been simpler just to disable the comment section if it’s smash bros spamming

doomedtacox

Smash Ace
He staked his reputation on it. Many people would leave. I guess not dead but very damaged.
What reputation? He isn't a leaker or insider and has never been one. His reputation is that he is very good at outlining evidence for and against leaks and explaining his opinions on the them. None of that will change.

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
This might be an unpopular opinion, but I don't like Mario's and Link's Final Smashes in Ultimate
Yes, I know Mario's is the way it has been for a while, but rn I'm pretty sure Cappy is purely cosmetic and I think that suuuuuuuuucks. I think Mario's FS in ultimate should be him throwing Cappy onto the nearest opponent (if that character has a hat then first throws cappy to take off that hat then a second time), capturing them and making them throw themselves onto the ground, then Mario jumps out of them and Ground Pounds into them. Mario's usual FS would be represented by Dr. Mario's FS which is almost the same thing
With Link's, it represents BotW but I still think it's lame. Like, he just uses his fancy ancient bow and arrow. I think this would be 100 times more spectacular: We get really quick looks at the 4 Champions standing firing out of their their Divine Beasts and then the four lasers blast the stage from different directions, crossing in the center of the stage. Link obv wouldn't be able to get damaged by this.
This sounds like the basis for another forum game.. How would you redo everyones final smashes?

Green_Pikmin*

Smash Journeyman
I'd laugh if neither of the leaks got confirmed. People going crazy about which one is real or not, and then a completely unexpected character comes along and just destroys both of the leaks.
Watch it be the Dante leak that blows everything out the water.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Here's something.

Date: November 1st, 22:00 GMT

Intro Surprise: Isaac
Meat of the Direct: Spirits Mode, Shadow and Ken Echoes (assuming Shadow is even an Echo at this point), the last of the Assist Trophies, a few items
Outro Surprise: Geno
Final Surprise: Reveal of another shorter direct in two weeks time.

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
So I get to see competitive people getting buried under salt? It sounds like a comedy more than anything.
This isn't some kind of dig at you or anything but I really want K. Rool to be discovered as some kind of direct counter to Bayonetta just because that's visually hilarious and would be really fun to watch.

Jgt044

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Wii U: Jgt044
3DS FC
1005-9641-7502
Thanks to the internet, I will never be able to take the Grinch seriously anymore.

Something to do with Castlevania?
Wait was there ever a time we took The Grinch of all things seriously :laugh:

Last edited:

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
You know what's really going to hurt my casual perspective of the game?

Knowing that we've got over a 100 stages and Town & City/Smashville is still going to be played on most of the time in the competitive scene presumably

Or i'm just a filthy casual who looks at it the wrong way

T3Z3R1

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5579-0990-8199

I can't believe that we are on five days of investigating this leak and found no way to debunk this ****.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
So uh....Kirby hat predictions for the Grinch Gang? (Leaked 7)
Glee Club: The Conductor's afro
Mach Rider: His/her/whatever's helmet
Isaac, Ken: Their hair
Banjo, Shadow: Hats modeled after their heads
Geno: His hat

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019

Meat of the Direct: Spirits Mode, Shadow and Ken Echoes (assuming Shadow is even an Echo at this point), the last of the Assist Trophies, a few items
I think Geno would either be in the beginning or middle of any given direct so they can show off any other Square Enix stuff they put in the game immediately after

osby

Smash Obsessed
This isn't some kind of dig at you or anything but I really want K. Rool to be discovered as some kind of direct counter to Bayonetta just because that's visually hilarious and would be really fun to watch.
I want K.Rool vs Isabelle to be new Cloud vs Bayo, personally but you do you.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908

I think that makes sense.
Say the leak characters are real- This would probably be the order I would guess their reveal too.

Banjo/Kazooie and Mach Rider being last makes sense to me.

Chorus Kids is a toss up for me, but probably in the mini-direct as well. Or tossed in the middle of the Smash direct to make it the first triple (unique) reveal direct.

EDIT:

I think Geno would either be in the beginning or middle of any given direct so they can show off any other Square Enix stuff they put in the game immediately after
That's also true.
:bigthink:

Last edited:

monadoboy

Smash Lord
So, out of these Capcom characters, rank them by how much you would wan to see them in Ultimate;

Dante
Leon Kennedy
Amaterasu
Phoniex Wright
Monster Hunter
All of them would be equally great, imo, although if "no real guns" is still a thing, I can't see Leon being properly represented. Dante's guns look much more realistic than Bayo's, too.
Ammy or Wright would be interesting fighters, and MH depending on what weapons they choose (Great Swords pls, tho Switch Axes could be cool too, or having many weapons)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom