• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Thanks to the internet, I will never be able to take the Grinch seriously anymore.
Random topic but what do you think will be posted on Wednesday aka Halloween?

Any of the remaining characters particularly spooky?
Ashley assist trophy?
Something to do with Castlevania?

Mutsukki

Smash Ace
To be fair, they HAVE slowed down character reveals. We haven’t gotten ANY new info in almost 2 months.
As much as I don't think that's the case... slowing down reveals could be meant time-wise.

But I highly doubt it, his comments from E3 and saying they went "overboard" before makes me think 7 characters is way too much. Sakurai didn't lie in Smash 4, he just thought that was the most they would be able to do. You know entirely well what your team is finishing and doing 6 months before release honestly.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

Saw this.

Gamexplain cancelled their Pattereon podcast for this week.
That wording though.

-wild week

-GX did barely anything this week especially with the leak which wouldn’t be wild to them if fake.

So what the hell do they mean by this

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
So, out of these Capcom characters, rank them by how much you would wan to see them in Ultimate;

Dante
Leon Kennedy
Amaterasu
Phoniex Wright
Monster Hunter
Least wanted to most wanted

5. Dante 20% Want
4. Leon 40% Want
3. Monster Hunter 60% Want
2. Amerterasu 80% Want
1. Phoenix Wright 90% Want

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Also, damn. Leon gets not respect here still lol. Ya'll need to play some Resident Evil.

NextChannelGames

Smash Journeyman
So, Bandai finally admitted that they did gave out leakbait to prevent any leaks related to Tekken 7?

Thought so. At first, I thought that incienroar wasn't in the banner because he was saved for DLC reveal later. Now it just make sense, incienroar is likely leak bait, and that why insiders are settled on calling the banner fake because it didn't have incienroar. It's also possible that insiders' sources were likely smoked out after giving out information about incienroar in the smash.

Now, I'm sure that minecraft content are leak bait as well because it would prevent spoiling of hints that Banjo is in.
I agree, but would be cool to see Minecraft in Smash in some form but hey We get Banjo!

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
It's a bank, being on the weekend doesn't really mean anything.
That would explain why it occurred on a weekend, but still, it means someone at ACP requested that one of the primary ways to potentially verify a link between ACP and the photo be taken down. Mariana made a direct, public statement that they had no involvement in anything, ACP apparently quietly requests content to be scrubbed.

doomedtacox

Smash Ace
Not saying it's proof towards anything, just my own personal thoughts. It's not impossible that his words were taken too literally, but still...I really, really doubt we'll have 7 character reveals in November. When do you even do them? The final Direct won't just be about characters, and 5 of them are going to need trailers. Banjo and Kazooie would also need a big segment detailing their appearance in Smash like Simon and the other 3rd parties in the past have gotten. Plus, if there were really that many left, why slow down the pace with Isabelle? TBH, it's things like that that make me question this whole thing.
If the trailers are 2 minutes long that's only 10 minutes for the 5 uniques... this direct could be 45 mins+ for all we know. There's also the Micrisoft event, and the rumored "other" direct.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Hey guys I just got back from lunch and saying hi to my baby bird again, have anything important for m---

Most epic stories begin with a great and terrible villain who ignites the fires of war... in this case, a civil war within the Smash community...

He is... CHADONDORFView attachment 172946
That's it. I have decided that the leak is real. Case closed.

It is the only acceptable timeline, because I need this image to be in Smash history books.

TheBlue10

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SweetBlueMemory
3DS FC
2466-7799-9439
Switch FC
SW 2878-1317-0108
I've seen people do outlines of the Shadow pose as well, something I feel a lot of people missed.

This confirms this is a brand-new Shadow pose.View attachment 172959
Haven't seen anyone do it, probably because I was asleep. Well you still get the title for being the first(?) to outline Geno.

FallofBrawl

Smash Ace
Okay, in order to believe that ACP took the video down you also have to believe they know that the leak happened at their offices and they're hiding it now.
Maybe the manager leaked it?!
I think if anyone leaked it, it was a lower sort of associate or some other lower position, not the Eric Bricard we’ve always assumed was the leaker.

Mehdow

Smash Journeyman
PushDustin saying that they deleted the video because people were talking about smash in the comments.....
1- I don't know how people commenting about smash could be bad for the company. If it's real or not, the damage is done so a few comments won't fix that. And people are saying that the video wasn't even flooded with comments so... There're a lot of videos with " -dumb shet- brought me here!!" x 1000 and they are still there.
2- They could just disable the comments
3- ....on weekend? Why not just wait until tomorrow and delete it? Someone deleted it from home because they "couldn't wait".
4- The worst thing they can do to clear the fuzz is this. This will only make people think their company is 100% related to the grinch leak.

Seriously, Aside "It's real/fake", him commenting that is just the same as GameXplain trying to dismiss any comment about the leak...

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904

Saw this.

That wording though.

-wild week

-GX did barely anything this week especially with the leak which wouldn’t be wild to them if fake.

Maybe they had to take pets to the vets?
Or they had relatives come in from across seas?
Or maybe they were at an NDA "don't tell anyone you're here" press event and have to wait until next week until they can talk about it.

Something's up behind the scenes but I'm not sure.

Graizen

Smash Champion
President of the company is so mad he deletes the video
Why not just disable the comments?
Thats the point.

Untouch

Smash Master
Random topic but what do you think will be posted on Wednesday aka Halloween?

Any of the remaining characters particularly spooky?
Ashley assist trophy?
Is there any "spooky" characters or items left to reveal?
They only do stages on Tuesday so not Luigi's Mansion.

D

Deleted member

If the trailers are 2 minutes long that's only 10 minutes for the 5 uniques... this direct could be 45 mins+ for all we know. There's also the Micrisoft event, and the rumored "other" direct.
I highly doubt Smash content would get announced at a Microsoft event, TBH. Also, I personally don't buy the rumors that November is getting some kind of general Direct. It's waaaaaay too soon, September's isn't even two months old yet.

D

Deleted member

PushDustin saying that they deleted the video because people were talking about smash in the comments.....
1- I don't know how commenting about smash could be bad for the company. There're a lot of videos with " -dumb shet- brought me here!!" x 1000
2- They could just disable the comments
3- ....on weekend? Why not just wait until tomorrow and delete it? Someone deleted it from home because they "couldn't wait".
4- The worst thing they can do to clear the fuzz is this. This will only make people think their company is 100% related to the grinch leak.

Seriously, Aside "It's real/fake", him commenting that is just the same as GameXplain trying to dismiss any comment about the leak...
Dustin's whole attitude has just taken a down turn ever since he had that twitter rant a couple of months ago.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
To be honest, i’m remaining neutral on this but not because I am confused by the evidence. While I am open to the possibility that it has all been faked, i’ve seen more convincing evidence for it being real.

To be real, I don’t think we need to break into teams. It might just seem like fun, but some things shouldn’t be team based. Furthermore, I think something that we should actively value is a group of people trying to debunk it, because they’re not doing it all to kill the hype...they’re doing it so that there isn’t sadness/salt later if it turns out to be fabricated.

So, for people like Omni, or Vaanrose, or several other people...that should be appreciated. They don’t have a vendetta against fans of Isaac or Shadow or Geno just because. This is potentiall a prelude to the greatest Smash roster in history, and potentially the last one for a loooong time if the size and accomplishments of this roster are anything to go by.

Regardless of getting your most wanted, I do feel as if the end result is something everyone can appreciate to some degree. If Banjo, Isaac, and Geno are in this game, then they really nailed almost like 15 fan requests, especially considering the veterans picks like Snake, Pokémon Trainer, and others.

I’ve caught up after like 15 pages of reading, and i’m maintaining hope that this turns out real. Just keeping myself in check until we get leaked gameplay or a Direct.
Yep that’s about where I am

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I highly doubt Smash content would get announced at a Microsoft event, TBH. Also, I personally don't buy the rumors that November is getting some kind of general Direct. It's waaaaaay too soon, September's isn't even two months old yet.
Rumours are that we're getting 2, I'm taking a wild guess and assume the one rumoured on the 8th is a general direct and ends on Smash, showing a character and then going "STAY TUNED FOR A SMASH DIRECT ON NOVEMEBER THE WHATEVERST" like with Cloud

Mutsukki

Smash Ace
Yeah, there's really nothing to announce for 2018 anymore, the next general direct we're getting is definitely the usual January direct. I'm sure they're going to go all-in for Smash Ultimate now.

ALTHOUGH, Pokemon Let's Go releases on November 16th... I'd hope they would release a direct before that, but now I'm not so sure

Mr. Trumo

Smash Apprentice

Saw this.

That wording though.

-wild week

Something is definitely going on with them.

JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL

Smash Lord
NNID
JacobReal!
Switch FC
SW-4350-2362-0253
IF this leak is legit, how do you think people like liam Robertson and other insiders would react? Not picking on them, it's an honest question.

FallofBrawl

Smash Ace
If someone from ACP-PLV requested for the video to be deleted, it’s definitely someone from a higher position with help from PR.

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
Here it is. Sorry for the low-res, I'm bad at art (which is why Geno looks a little tubby in some places).

I think I got the position right, but a few details are off. Honestly though, this pose makes complete sense; Sakurai always talks about Geno's gun-arm whenever he brings him up, right? Makes perfect sense why it looks like he's using it in the banner image then.

Two goofs I made though, since I wanted to do a quick sketch: both sides of the cape look more "wingish", when they're supposed to be more connected to each other. The left side of the cape is completely yellow (meaning it's the inside of the cape) and the left side is completely blue (showing it's the outside of the cape). But yeah.

EDIT: Also, I ****ed up his right leg there. It should be straight and the lower half bent inward. I got carried away.

View attachment 172956
Thank you so much for this up to this point I thought Geno was the worst looking on this because he just looked like a tiny blob lol. Looks way better since you sketched it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom