• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

osby

Smash Obsessed
You know what's really going to hurt my casual perspective of the game?

Knowing that we've got over a 100 stages and Town & City/Smashville is still going to be played on most of the time in the competitive scene presumably

Or i'm just a filthy casual who looks at it the wrong way
The alternative is taking risks and seriously considering alternatives and we all know that's unacceptable in tournaments.

KMDP

Smash Legend
So uh....Kirby hat predictions for the Grinch Gang? (Leaked 7)
Isaac: Isaac's Hair
Ken: Ken's Hair
Shadow: a "Shadow Hat" (same as Sonic)
Mach Rider: Mach Rider Helmet
Geno: "Puppet lines" and Geno's Hat
Chorus Kids: Solid White 2D
Banjo: I want to say a Plastic Kazooie toy resting on his head, but maybe Banjo's backpack?

I like the term "Grinch Gang". :laugh:

Poxnixles

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Vitiel
3DS FC
3823-8576-9592
Even then, they all still need to show up in something Nintendo-related first. So let's hope the possibility of an Automata Switch port is given the go.
Yoko Taro will do anything for money
I need to see this

Then hear me out. 2B with a Kaine echo. The popular one and the best one both get in!
A Nier echo would make more sense than a Kaine echo. A2 would be an obvious fit, too.

D

Deleted member

Here's something.

Why don't people try to tell me their best guess for the next (smash) direct. The date, the time (include time zone), the intro "surprise", the outro "surprise", and the meat of the direct in the order you expect it.

If enough people guess someone's bound to get something right :denzel:
The date for the next direct is November 7th, 7:00 PM Central Time Zone. The intro reveals Isaac as a newcomer. The meat of the direct shows what Isaac is capable of, then the new Echo fighters are revealed to be Shadow, Ken, and Mach Rider. Spirits Mode is revealed to be a metroidvania style single player mode where players select which character to choose and explore a vast multi area map, with each area reflecting the series that area is based off of (Hyrule, SR388, Shadow Moses, and Dracula's Castle to give examples). Also, DLC is announced with Incineroar being the first announced fighter in development. The outro character reveals both Geno and Banjo and Kazooie as the final two fighters of Ultimate.

Last edited by a moderator:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Not sure. TBH not a huge Pokemon fan, but I figured they could work something out with not a lot of hassle. I don't know characters beyond gen1, so I could be wrong about ease of echoness.
Honestly the PT Pokemon should get echoes separately. Otherwise you get a weird combonation for a trainer (Tirtouga, Grotle, and Dragonite).

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
Going off my last post let me think a bit of whos final smashes would change

:ultmario:- Would use Cappy to Capture a T Rex and Wreck everyone that way
:ultpikachu:- 10,000 Volt Thunderbolt or Catastropika, both are basically Volt Tackle AND THEN SOME
:ultness:- PSI Rockin Omega, never liked Starstorm, even in the Mother Games
:ultdoc:- Turns enemies into viruses and it plays a mini Dr Mario Puzzle Stage.
:ultmetaknight:- If the Halberd wasnt a Stage, he could have used it in his Final Smash to bombard the stage
:ultsnake:- Pilots the Metal Gear REX ala the ending of MGS4
:ultlucas:= PK Love Omega
:ultmegaman:- As awesome as the current final smash is, changing it would mean freeing those characters up to be playable. as such the Rush Super Adapter would be Awesome
:ultcloud:- Still Omnislash but have it on the ground like the final blow to Sephiroth was and to make it less like Ike's Final Smash
:ultrichter:- HYDRO STORM!!

Ill Edit more in as i think of them..

Edit: That's about it.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Rank these Sega Characters in terms of how much you want them in Smash,

-AiAi
-Joker
-Akira
-Segata Sanshiro
-NiGHTS
- Joker
- Segata
- NiGHTS
- Akira
- AiAi
no Vyse?

For the Capcom ones:
- Dante
- Amaterasu
- Phoenix Wright
- Monster Hunter
- Leon Kennedy

I’ll do two more, five Square Enix characters and five Bandai Namco characters, you know the deal

Square Enix:
- Neku Sakuraba
- 2B
- Star Ocean character
- Noctis
- Dragon Quest character

Bandai Namco:
- KOS-MOS
- Heihachi Mishima
- Lloyd Irving
- Nightmare
- Haseo (from .hack G.U.)

Last edited:

Phyr

Smash Journeyman
That doesn't really mean anything to be honest, it's the weekend

I think Push said it best
Highly unlikely because:

- They can disable comments.
- It's Sunday.
- It's a third party who hosted the video.

This smells of panic.

FreeFox

Smash Lord
PushDustin saying that they deleted the video because people were talking about smash in the comments.....
1- I don't know how people commenting about smash could be bad for the company. If it's real or not, the damage is done so a few comments won't fix that. And people are saying that the video wasn't even flooded with comments so... There're a lot of videos with " -dumb shet- brought me here!!" x 1000 and they are still there.
2- They could just disable the comments
3- ....on weekend? Why not just wait until tomorrow and delete it? Someone deleted it from home because they "couldn't wait".
4- The worst thing they can do to clear the fuzz is this. This will only make people think their company is 100% related to the grinch leak.

Seriously, Aside "It's real/fake", him commenting that is just the same as GameXplain trying to dismiss any comment about the leak...
If the video had any evidence that could be incriminating (regardless of whether it reveals the truth or just simply puts them in a bad position), the company´s reputation would be at risk. This kind of printing companies receive secret knowledge from other corporations. If there is a leak that can be traced back to them, their image would be hurt. Why would any company that is trying to keep information secret decide to work with a printing company that lets its employees leak confidential stuff from their companies?

I know that people think that silencing the comments would be enough but would it be really enough? The information on what happened is spreading pretty fast across all media and this isnt just a tiny leak. This is a major leak on an important company in the field of videogames. No videogame company would want to associate with this company if this turns out to be truth.

TheAJJohnson

Smash Journeyman
What is this about Incineroar being confirmed as leak bait? Is this derived from anything concrete?
Believe it or not, they hold western appeal as a big decisive factor. They are aware characters that appeal to their niche don't have as much of a chance as characters with worldwide appeal.

Otherwise we'd already have gotten a Monster Hunter character (pretty close tho) a Dragon Quest character, both humongous over there, and Takamaru.
Oh I totally believe you. It would be a dumb business decision to not take that into consideration. Japan's population is about a third of the US and a sixth of Europe, so ignoring those markets is borderline idiotic.

That being said, it's widely accepted (or assumed) that Japanese characters and fans get priorty over Western characters and audiences. If this is true, that seems weird given the size of those respective markets.

Orchestrafanboy19

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Orchestrafanboy
3DS FC
1435-5592-4731
I really liked what was stated before about the burden of proof, the principle of “innocent until proven guilty.” I find it strange how people are so quick to accept this as real. Yes, I won’t deny, there is pretty damning evidence, but you all have to remember, this is a leak. This is not official information by Nintendo. Yes, evidence has been presented, but until a statement is released with the truth, this information is “false until proven real.” That’s just how it is. We can argue back and forth, but we won’t know until the truth is finally revealed. As such, I have changed my stance from Team Fake, to Team Neitral. I really don’t know how this could go and I’ll wait on Nintendo for official information.

doomedtacox

Smash Ace
I highly doubt Smash content would get announced at a Microsoft event, TBH. Also, I personally don't buy the rumors that November is getting some kind of general Direct. It's waaaaaay too soon, September's isn't even two months old yet.
it doesn't have to be a full direct, it could be a mini direct. They've had mini's within 2 months of other directs so your argument holds no water.

xAquaCrystal

Smash Journeyman
Rank these Sega Characters in terms of how much you want them in Smash,

-AiAi
-Joker
-Akira
-Segata Sanshiro
-NiGHTS
AiAi- 15%
Joker- 85%
Akira- 0%
Segata Sanshiro- 65% he would be funny to have
NIGHTS- 75%
Also bonus character:
Ulala from space channel 5- 75% having a pop star character fighting in smash would be cool

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
You know, to go back on topic of Resident Evil, anyone make any good movesets of any characters from there?
RE is one of those series that I really wish I spent some time playing. The only thing I know anything about is VII. :(

Highly unlikely because:

- They can disable comments.
- It's Sunday.
- It's a third party who hosted the video.

This smells of panic.
On the other hand, do they have a reason to keep it up?

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
To be honest, i’m remaining neutral on this but not because I am confused by the evidence. While I am open to the possibility that it has all been faked, i’ve seen more convincing evidence for it being real.

To be real, I don’t think we need to break into teams. It might just seem like fun, but some things shouldn’t be team based. Furthermore, I think something that we should actively value is a group of people trying to debunk it, because they’re not doing it all to kill the hype...they’re doing it so that there isn’t sadness/salt later if it turns out to be fabricated.

So, for people like Omni, or Vaanrose, or several other people...that should be appreciated. They don’t have a vendetta against fans of Isaac or Shadow or Geno just because. This is potentiall a prelude to the greatest Smash roster in history, and potentially the last one for a loooong time if the size and accomplishments of this roster are anything to go by.

Regardless of getting your most wanted, I do feel as if the end result is something everyone can appreciate to some degree. If Banjo, Isaac, and Geno are in this game, then they really nailed almost like 15 fan requests, especially considering the veterans picks like Snake, Pokémon Trainer, and others.

I’ve caught up after like 15 pages of reading, and i’m maintaining hope that this turns out real. Just keeping myself in check until we get leaked gameplay or a Direct.
The Grinch leak has been the exact same as the box theory for me but in the opposite direction.

I felt the box theory had enough supporting evidence and wanted to use it to temper people's expectations but people hated it.

I personally don't believe the Grinch leak and think at the very least it has just as much chance if being real as it does being fake, so I'd rather not expect it and be surprised. But I get shot down from people rather believing it 100%.

In the end I think I'm just coming to the realization it's not my responsibility to control people's hype and expectation. That's up to them. And if they over hype themselves and get dissapointed, it won't effect me. Because at the end of the day I'm already in love with this game and I honestly won't be on here much after it releases.

Now I just need to tame my instant reflexes to correct people and maintain hype :p

The fishing rod seems like it could be useful for saving your teammate in Doubles.
I never even considered that! That would be such a cool tactic if it can work without friendly fire on.

Last edited:

FallofBrawl

Smash Ace
Has anybody talked about how earlier there was a credible insider saying that “there was a post out there that has ruffled feathers within Bandai Namco.” (Paraphrasing). This was back in September/early October. Could this be the Chadganondorf post?

I_DON'T_KNOW_YOU!

Smash Journeyman

So I'm guessing this has been posted already, but I haven't seen much discussion of this considering it's pretty damned big.

I can accept the idea that a fake leaker would go to some pretty long stretches to internet-proof their leak. But you're going to have me believe they would print off additional bracelets/banners/whatevers and then hide them under a sheet of paper so that in case the internet amplified the contrast of the image they would be able to see the colors of the extra murals bleeding through?
This is never-been-caught serial killer-level madness.

Everyone not convinced of the leak should stop saying it is fake. It's 100% real like the ESRB "Shulk is a Photoshopped Little Mac" leak. The Nintendo shills Imran and GameXplain are going to down-play the leak as much as they can to try to save face for Nintendo.

Last edited:

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Here's something.

Why don't people try to tell me their best guess for the next (smash) direct. The date, the time (include time zone), the intro "surprise", the outro "surprise", and the meat of the direct in the order you expect it.

If enough people guess someone's bound to get something right :denzel:
November 8th, 6pm est, start off with Isaac, end with Geno, echo fighters, trophies, Mach Rider, the remaining Pokeball Pokémon, the remaining assist trophies, Chorus Kids, different single player minigames, Banjo and Kazooie, some new music tracks, "Spirits" mode, the different ways to unlock characters, the first DLC character (Incinaroar, Katalina, FE Three Houses protag), then the ending with Geno

Wambo

Smash Ace
-Isaac hair
-Geno hat with curls
-Uh... Conductor's afro and tie?
-Mach Rider helmet (would look badass, honestly)
-Kazooie's backpack and Banjo's little hair fwoof thing
-Shadow's spikes, similar to Sonic's
-Ken's 80's hair

VGPhaze

Smash Apprentice
NNID
philms91
3DS FC
2664-2113-7159
I’m like 60/40 it’s real right now, but I do have a thought I haven’t seen talked about all that much.

How do we KNOW that this was taken from a video? Couldn’t it just be two screenshots that were created to look like they were from a Snapchat video, or is there some genuine proof that there was originally a video at one point?

I’m genuinely curious about this, not trying to argue one way or another.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
The fishing rod seems like it could be useful for saving your teammate in Doubles.
Please
I intend on getting into the competitive scene and starting to watch and keep track of it with this game and it would make it that much better if catching your partner with the rod was commonplace

Isabelle's fishing rod is probably one of my favorite new moves tbh
Theoretically anyway

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
This is never-been-caught serial killer-level madness.

Stop saying this leak is fake. It's 100% real like the ESRB "Shulk is a Photoshopped Little Mac" leak. The Nintendo shills Imran and GameXplain are going to down-play the leak as much as they can to try to save face for Nintendo.
Question. WHY would they do that? They have no reason to. It's not like lots of people expressed liking this a lot if it turns out to be true. Look at me, this has 2 of the most boring ass choices yet it's got exciting stuff outside of the bores

D

Deleted member

- Joker
- Segata
- NiGHTS
- Akira
- AiAi
no Vyse?

For the Capcom ones:
- Dante
- Amaterasu
- Phoenix Wright
- Monster Hunter
- Leon Kennedy

I’ll do two more, five Square Enix characters and five Bandai Namco characters, you know the deal

Square Enix:
- Neku Sakuraba
- 2B
- Star Ocean character
- Noctis
- Dragon Quest character

Bandai Namco:
- KOS-MOS
- Heihachi Mishima
- Lloyd Irving
- Nightmare
- Haseo (from .hack G.U.)
Square Enix:
-2B
-Dragon Quest Character
-Neku
-Noctis
-Star Ocean Character

Bandai Namco:
-Nightmare
-Lloyd Irving
-KOS MOS
-Heihachi
-Haseo

Now here is a Castlevania one:
-Soma Cruz
-Alucard
-Charolette
-Shanoa
-Trevor Belmont

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Bandai Namco has made leak bait in the past so i wouldn't be surprised if incineroar was one

https://twitter.com/HiFightTH/status/1056486161940529153
And I've been seeing people try to counteract this by saying that some of the leaked characters have been right, so why would only Incineroar be bait?

Well the prime difference is, the Tekken stuff was all on 1 list, comprised together. We know for a fact that Vergeben has been getting info on all the characters from all of his sources separately from each other.

This means that Isabelle wasn't on the same list immediately as Incineroar, it was confirmed way later. Just like how Ridley and Simon were together and he mentioned nothing of Isabelle until later on.

Incineroar can leak bait, 100%. Do I think he is? I'm not sure, as id more be inclined to think he could possibly be some sort of promotional add on a few weeks in or something or early DLC, but him being fake or cut is also another possibility that people should wrap their heads around.

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
Speaking of 3rd Parties, I just realized Banjo will the only 3rd Party newcomer that’s from a completely new company instead of a pre-existing one (SEGA, Konami, Capcom, Namco & Square Enix).

In this case, Rare/Mircosoft.

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
How many copies do you guys think Smash will sell in the first six months of release?
I'm watching Cryaotic play Vampyr and so I read that as "How many corpses do you guys think Smash will sell"

I got concerned. Very concerned.

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend

So I'm guessing this has been posted already, but I haven't seen much discussion of this considering it's pretty damned big.

I can accept the idea that a fake leaker would go to some pretty long stretches to internet-proof their leak. But you're going to have me believe they would print off additional bracelets/banners/whatevers and then hide them under a sheet of paper so that in case the internet amplified the contrast of the image they would be able to see the colors of the extra murals bleeding through?

I’m gonna go further than that

Billybae10K Billybae10K spotted something else hidden under that paper

Whatever that hanging light template is.

CrunchyCHEEZIT

Smash Journeyman
Geno - Geno's cap, maybe the lines beneath his eyes.
Banjo-Kazooie - Kirby gets a big dumb smile and snout similar to Banjo, as well as his backpack (maybe). would be weird if Banjo's neutral special uses Kazooie in any way
Ken - Ken's hair
Shadow - Shadow's ears + spikes
Chorus Men - Kirby's face changes to one of the Chorus Men's faces and he gets a black bowtie. Maybe he'll turn completely white + cartoony in the same way he turns black when he copies Game and Watch
Isaac - Isaac's hair, maybe his scarf too.
Mach Rider - Mach Rider's helmet

I_DON'T_KNOW_YOU!

Smash Journeyman
Question. WHY would they do that? They have no reason to. It's not like lots of people expressed liking this a lot if it turns out to be true. Look at me, this has 2 of the most boring *** choices yet it's got exciting stuff outside of the bores
Why is it that nearly everyone with sponsorship/ties/ad money from Nintendo is going to down-play this leak? Because it's a pretty big damper on Nintendo's advertising for the game, and any of these video game news industry personnel respond in favor of it, there goes the $$$ from Nintendo.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Has anybody talked about how earlier there was a credible insider saying that “there was a post out there that has ruffled feathers within Bandai Namco.” (Paraphrasing). This was back in September/early October. Could this be the Chadganondorf post?
Yes, it very well could be. It was a random comment on a random 4 Chan leak, and that's what makes it interesting.

It also does not mean that leak and Grinch are related either. Both just would have knowledge of the final base roster.

sdpdude9

Smash Apprentice
My stance on the leak at the moment is more likely real than not. To me, much more evidence points to it being real, however there's still a chance it could be fake. Given everything we know, it just seems like you have to stretch much more to think it is fake over real.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom