• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
My current stance on the leak: #Team Fake but cautiously optimistic about Papageno's video. It's weird because it seems like he's been personally in contact with multiple sources now, and if the leak is fake, his channel is basically dead. Either it's real, or these fake sources who someone in the public eye believes have a conspiracy to take down Papageno's.
I don't think his channel is in much danger if it's fake. His channels more built on analysis than insider info so come the DLC speculation cycle things will continue as normal, albeit with more caution to anonymous sources.

Graizen

Smash Champion
Be a big company.
Post a vídeo on Youtube to show your products.
People comment something different that for some reason makes the company mad.
"Oh! We can just disable the comments!"
No , delete the vídeo.

Oh Dustin please.

NabiscoFelt

Smash Journeyman
I think the idea that ACP deleted the video by coincidence, on a Sunday, right after a major leak that mentioned them is kinda ridiculous. There's definitely a connection to the leak. Whether it's because they just don't want to be associated with it or because the leak's real is anyone's guess, but it is kinda suspicious that they haven't made a statement if it's just because they don't want to be associated with it.

Gothitelle

Smash Journeyman
and the other is the girl with a biker outfit on, resting her arm on the helmet, lying down in front of the bike, and it looks kind of anime-like
I need to see this

I already know of the greatness of the original Nier.

But I know Kaine stands no chance because... Just, look at her. And you can't have Weiss without Nier himself.

I want Emil too, but again, 2B, A2, and 9S stand more of a chance in this current day and age.

I can't pick and choose favorites out of all of the Nier and Drakengard cast, though. It's too hard for me to do it. It'd be like having to choose my favorite kid at an orphanage where each child has gone through some massive trauma in some way.
Then hear me out. 2B with a Kaine echo. The popular one and the best one both get in!

Confirmation

Smash Ace
I know, right? Plus, the man said he had a "few more" left.

Counting Isabelle (since she came after that statement), this leak makes 8 characters after 8.8's Direct. That's not a few.
Isn't this the same guy who said not to expect too many characters to be in Smash 4 either?

TheBlue10

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SweetBlueMemory
3DS FC
2466-7799-9439
Switch FC
SW 2878-1317-0108
Here it is. Sorry for the low-res, I'm bad at art (which is why Geno looks a little tubby in some places).

I think I got the position right, but a few details are off. Honestly though, this pose makes complete sense; Sakurai always talks about Geno's gun-arm whenever he brings him up, right? Makes perfect sense why it looks like he's using it in the banner image then.

Two goofs I made though, since I wanted to do a quick sketch: both sides of the cape look more "wingish", when they're supposed to be more connected to each other. The left side of the cape is completely yellow (meaning it's the inside of the cape) and the left side is completely blue (showing it's the outside of the cape). But yeah.

EDIT: Also, I ****ed up his right leg there. It should be straight and the lower half bent inward. I got carried away.

View attachment 172956
You make a fair point with the pose. You're also the first to try and recreate a pose from the leak, something I've been wondering if anyone will do.

D

Deleted member

So, out of these Capcom characters, rank them by how much you would wan to see them in Ultimate;

Dante
Leon Kennedy
Amaterasu
Phoniex Wright
Monster Hunter

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
Nothing from PapaGenos yet? I just hope he isn’t being harassed by Insiders or other toxic Smash fans since someone mentioned something about a bunch of people going to flag his videos for the music in the intro.

Untouch

Smash Master
I think there's a decent chance that when a couple people have said that there are characters on the mural that are real, they mean Ken and Isaac mostly.
Ken is obvious, but there's stuff surrounding Isaac.

• The Tailgate item, while not necessarily a Golden Sun item, resembles one.
  • Out of the copyrights people use for proof, Golden Sun is the only one that wasn't at the renewal date.
  • Sakurai's reference, that could have been a Monster Hunter reference too but I don't know.
  • I've noticed that Isaac was one of the most popular unofficial ballot choices, many polls list him higher than Banjo and Geno for example.

JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL

Smash Lord
NNID
JacobReal!
Switch FC
SW-4350-2362-0253
Literally how? How does this help support the Grinch leak, which is extra characters on the banner, when we ALWAYS knew the banner was meant to loop since the website had it?
I never said it "helped", smart ass, I said it makes more sense in context.

FallofBrawl

Smash Ace
Literally how? How does this help support the Grinch leak, which is extra characters on the banner, when we ALWAYS knew the banner was meant to loop since the website had it?
It doesn’t really support it, just sheds light that this ‘leaker’ thought that the best way to make use of the banner was to wrap it around something cylindrical.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Isn't this the same guy who said not to expect too many characters to be in Smash 4 either?
I mean, base game had less newcomers than Brawl.

So, out of these Capcom characters, rank them by how much you would wan to see them in Ultimate;

Dante
Leon Kennedy
Amaterasu
Phoniex Wright
Monster Hunter
Dante
Amaterasu
Phoenix Wright
Monster Hunter
Leon Kennedy

Wth, Capcom have so many good characters.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Nothing from PapaGenos yet? I just hope he isn’t being harassed by Insiders or other toxic Smash fans since someone mentioned something about a bunch of people going to flag his videos for the music in the intro.
Jesus I know this thread has it out for insiders but why would they harass him?
I never said it "helped", smart ***, I said it makes more sense in context.
THEN HOW DOES IT MAKE MORE SENSE IN CONTEXT FELLOW SMART ASS

Artorias

Smash Journeyman
Wat?

What video?

Why am I missing everything?
Acp, the company where the leaker supposedly currently works and that has yet to issue any statements like the one Marina easily did, had a 2 year old ad that showed their work progress and facilities on a bank's youtube channel that had uploaded it as part of a series of businesses showcases series. This video 12 hs after being found and started to be scrutinized to be compared with the leak, showing similarities on the design sheets and stuff, plus the industrial equipment that would have had been used to print it, was manually deleted by the bank's youtube page on a sunday.
We don't know what triggered the need to delete it, but it is suspicious

Flynn__

Smash Journeyman
Guys, I don't know if the leak will end up being real or fake, but I have to say that these last 4 days have been the most fun that I've ever had in any Smash speculation cycle. This is so exciting that part of me doesn't want it to end, although most of me just wants to know if the characters are in the game or not.

Wambo

Smash Ace
You make a fair point with the pose. You're also the first to try and recreate a pose from the leak, something I've been wondering if anyone will do.
I've seen people do outlines of the Shadow pose as well, something I feel a lot of people missed.

This confirms this is a brand-new Shadow pose.
jzj0fl8.png

D

Deleted member

Not saying it's proof towards anything, just my own personal thoughts. It's not impossible that his words were taken too literally, but still...I really, really doubt we'll have 7 character reveals in November. When do you even do them? The final Direct won't just be about characters, and 5 of them are going to need trailers. Banjo and Kazooie would also need a big segment detailing their appearance in Smash like Simon and the other 3rd parties in the past have gotten. Plus, if there were really that many left, why slow down the pace with Isabelle? TBH, it's things like that that make me question this whole thing.

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
I admittedly have no explanation for why a associate company would take down an ACP video on the weekend. I feel like that's the first major, solid piece of evidence that something involving the leak is real.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
I think there's a decent chance that when a couple people have said that there are characters on the mural that are real, they mean Ken and Isaac mostly.
Ken is obvious, but there's stuff surrounding Isaac.

• The Tailgate item, while not necessarily a Golden Sun item, resembles one.
  • Out of the copyrights people use for proof, Golden Sun is the only one that wasn't at the renewal date.
  • Sakurai's reference, that could have been a Monster Hunter reference too but I don't know.
  • I've noticed that Isaac was one of the most popular unofficial ballot choices, many polls list him higher than Banjo and Geno for example.
I think this is just cherry picking. There's substantial reasons for Geno, Banjo, kinda Shadow, even Mach Rider with the toy gun Sakurai mentioned was for a project. And there's reasons for Skull Kid, Bandana Waddle Dee, etc.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Acp, the company where the leaker supposedly currently works and that has yet to issue any statements like the one Marina easily did, had a 2 year old ad that showed their work progress and facilities on a bank's youtube channel that had uploaded it as part of a series of businesses showcases series. This video 12 hs after being found and started to be scrutinized to be compared with the leak, showing similarities on the design sheets and stuff, plus the industrial equipment that would have had been used to print it, was manually deleted by the bank's youtube page on a sunday.
We don't know what triggered the need to delete it, but it is suspicious
That and the fake team saids to reduce spamming

But for once that’s a bad arguement because if they wanted spamming to stop they could have just disable the comment section of the video

Untouch

Smash Master
I admittedly have no explanation for why a associate company would take down an ACP video on the weekend. I feel like that's the first major, solid piece of evidence that something involving the leak is real.
It's a bank, being on the weekend doesn't really mean anything.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior

Dante
Leon Kennedy
Amaterasu
Phoniex Wright
Monster Hunter
Dante
Pheonix Wright
Amaterasu
Monster Hunter
Leon Kennedy
I checked, no they did not. They just said the banner would be made to loop by wrapping it, which is obvious as, yet again, the site pretty much confirms this. They already used that big ass banner for Gamescon, I would know as I was there. It's something anyone would be able to guess if they knew a bit how this stuff works

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
To be honest, i’m remaining neutral on this but not because I am confused by the evidence. While I am open to the possibility that it has all been faked, i’ve seen more convincing evidence for it being real.

To be real, I don’t think we need to break into teams. It might just seem like fun, but some things shouldn’t be team based. Furthermore, I think something that we should actively value is a group of people trying to debunk it, because they’re not doing it all to kill the hype...they’re doing it so that there isn’t sadness/salt later if it turns out to be fabricated.

So, for people like Omni, or Vaanrose, or several other people...that should be appreciated. They don’t have a vendetta against fans of Isaac or Shadow or Geno just because. This is potentiall a prelude to the greatest Smash roster in history, and potentially the last one for a loooong time if the size and accomplishments of this roster are anything to go by.

Regardless of getting your most wanted, I do feel as if the end result is something everyone can appreciate to some degree. If Banjo, Isaac, and Geno are in this game, then they really nailed almost like 15 fan requests, especially considering the veterans picks like Snake, Pokémon Trainer, and others.

I’ve caught up after like 15 pages of reading, and i’m maintaining hope that this turns out real. Just keeping myself in check until we get leaked gameplay or a Direct.

TheBlue10

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SweetBlueMemory
3DS FC
2466-7799-9439
Switch FC
SW 2878-1317-0108

Dante
Leon Kennedy
Amaterasu
Phoniex Wright
Monster Hunter
Mine would be
-Dante
-Monster Hunter
-Phoenix Wright
-Leon Kennedy
-Amaterasu

NineS

Smash Lord
Even then, they all still need to show up in something Nintendo-related first. So let's hope the possibility of an Automata Switch port is given the go.
I believe she technically already is on the switch.
Phantasy Star Online 2, which is also on the switch, has a 2B, 9S, and A2 costume.

I may be mistaken, but I think this means she's passed the rule of appearing in said console somehow. Granted, it's a Japan-only game that isn't even made by Square Enix.

I'm confident Automata Switch is going to be given the go, as long as Saito is involved and how friendly he's gotten with Yoko Taro, who wants the port. They could be working on it now for all we know, but that is speculation and completely unconfirmed.

CaptainCC

Smash Journeyman
10 DLC picks?

These would be my picks:
1. Rex&Pyra
2. Springman/Ribbon Girl
3. Octoling (as an echo)
4. Dixie Kong
5. Dillon (from Dillon's Rolling Western)
6. Waddle Dee
7. Medusa (as an echo or a unique fighter)
8. Sora
9. Impa (as an echo)
10. Rayman
These aren't necessarily in any order of preference, but:

1. 8-bit Athlete - ripping this from the fake E3 leak with Steeny. It was supposedly a character that had NES Sports styled moves. I'd so be down for this character.
2. Nester - Make him a Virtual Boy rep. Might have to give him a Teleroboxer mech suit final Smash, a moveset around the bowling ball, maybe upsmash summons a Red Alarm plane, and he could have a Mario Clash shell projectile that somehow uses the stage background.
3. Spring Man/Ribbon Girl - Have not even played Arms, but the aesthetic is cool and I can see how a unique moveset presents itself.
4. Andy from Advance Wars - works like a cross between Pokemon Trainer and Jill Valentine in MVC2 (like how she launches Zombies at people). He summons units and then can give them special buffs and instructions from the background.
5. The Prince from Katamari - not sure how he'd get his Katamari going. Maybe his moveset revolves around (so to speak) throwing all sorts of junk projectiles all over the screen for chip damage, sort of like pulling a bunch of Pikmin out, and the more you have out, you can then pull into a Katamari and he becomes buffer and slower the more junk he has rolled into his Katamari. He's quicker and weaker with a small Katamari.
6. 64-bit Extreme Athlete (with Tony Hawk costume)- Riffing on the 8-bit athlete, but this is a character that can summon a Wave Race Jet Ski, a skateboard, a 1080 snowboard, and an Excitebike. Maybe Pilotwings glider or jet pack for recovery and FS. Alt costumes style the character as Tony Hawk, Excitebiker, Wave Racer, 1080 Snowboarder, or Pilotwings character.
7. James Bond / Joanna Dark - Snake echoes unless you want to get super crazy.
8. Captain N - Either a Nester echo or legacy peripherals rep. Make his moveset revolve around Nintendo peripherals of old, centrally the zapper. Give him a power glove final smash, maybe an NES trackpad down smash, some sort of LABO power. Maybe Labo robot is his FS instead of Power Glove. Must have Fred Savage costume or Wizard echo.
9. Chibi Robo - long overdue and moveset is obvious.
10. Gen 2 Pokemon Trainer - PKMN Trainer echo.

Untouch

Smash Master
Okay, in order to believe that ACP took the video down you also have to believe they know that the leak happened at their offices and they're hiding it now.
Maybe the manager leaked it?!

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Random topic but what do you think will be posted on Wednesday aka Halloween?

Any of the remaining characters particularly spooky?
Ashley assist trophy?

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797

Dante
Leon Kennedy
Amaterasu
Phoniex Wright
Monster Hunter
Phoenix Wright
Phoenix Wright
Phoenix Wright
Phoenix Wright
Phoenix Wright

I think that's a fair list.

Phoenix Wright