• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ShadowGamer193

Smash Journeyman
Is there ever confirmation of Mach Rider’s gender? All I know of is that one screen showing a girl next to the motorcycle.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
It’s going to be wild if we get some characters that match up with the leak, but then we see the mural at the end and they look nothing like they are in the leak. How the hell would people react?
I'd be perfectly fine with that (if Mach Rider gets revealed)

Chrollo.

fka president wario
The only thing that would confuse me is why go with a Rocket Launcher for Shadow instead of Chaos Spear? I mean, I’d still be happy that he has some sort of gun despite being an echo, but Chaos Spear would make the most sense as a Side B if they’re gonna give him a different one than Sonic.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Honestly, if Mach Rider isn’t a buff girl like the original game suggests, then what the hell is Nintendo doing as a company. They already retconned it with Samus...
Fairly certain Sakurai has the final say in regards to character design. Though since Samus is a bit more athletic in build in Ultimate, he could use the proportions as a base (not the shoes though, that's pure Bayo), but that'd be a stretch.

T3Z3R1

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5579-0990-8199

Nintendo: oh god why did it blow over with all this unrevealed characters that we are planning to reveal at later date.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Not gonna lie, I really want to run over characters with Mach Rider. But what would his FS be? Most likely won't use his gun at all, but I can't think of anything else. Unless he just runs people over again.

Chrono.

I have an easier time thinking Shadow would be decked out with an AK-47 than a rocket launcher for some reason.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Is there ever confirmation of Mach Rider’s gender? All I know of is that one screen showing a girl next to the motorcycle.
Which one? There are two of them. One if the pixelated version of the girl holding the dagger in her left hand and the other is the girl with a biker outfit on, resting her arm on the helmet, lying down in front of the bike, and it looks kind of anime-like

SupriceSupplies

Smash Journeyman
I guess I’ll have to throw in the towel, the situation’s just gotten so far out of hand, evidence keeps piling up, I’ll be damn surprised if it ends up fake. Guess I’ve been won over by #TeamReal

I concede. There’s just so much going in its favour. It’s insane.
...I’ll be cheering for you for the DLC lineup, bandana boi. ;-;

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
There is also slightly suggestive magazine art that features her as a girl
She was also cut from Captain Rainbow in her female iteration

Last edited:

Bladebreaker

Smash Cadet
The Melee trophy referred to Mach Rider as "him." Then there's the mysterious woman in the Vs. Mach Rider version, and the mysterious licensed artwork of the woman lounging in front of Mach Rider's bike (though she looks very different from thee Vs. woman). All in all, uncertain.

D

Deleted member

Nah, he'll be using it to kill the entire cast in his trailer.

The clip psyches me out no matter how many times I view it.
Now these are the high quality leaks I come here for.

If Shadow doesn't at least run Sonic over with his bike in his trailer, what's even the point TBH.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
The only thing that would confuse me is why go with a Rocket Launcher for Shadow instead of Chaos Spear? I mean, I’d still be happy that he has some sort of gun despite being an echo, but Chaos Spear would make the most sense as a Side B if they’re gonna give him a different one than Sonic.
Chaos Spear is one of Shadow's most iconic abilities but if Sakurai is limited to moves other characters use then he should not use Chaos Spear BECAUSE GUNS ARE COOL RATATATATATATATATTATATATATATATATATATTA*

*Guns aren't actually cool

Wambo

Smash Ace
Hey, so, since nobody else is doing it, I opened up the highest resolution image of the banner leak and traced around Geno in pixels to see what his pose looks like. I think I got the basics of what it is, so I'll be posting the pixel trace version and my "****ty 5-second paper drawing" version of what it looks in just a second.

Honestly? These character poses are just way too good. Very Sakurai-like. There's no way people can say this leak is fake at this point.

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
It's clearly hurting their reputation so I don't agree with you at all. There's no downside to them releasing a statement saying they aren't involved in Smash ultimate or whatever.
"Clearly hurting their reputation" do you have citation for this?

I wouldn't call a few small gaming communities covering this "leak" hurting their reputation, especially when it hasn't been proven they work with Bandai or Nintendo.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Not gonna lie, I really want to run over characters with Mach Rider. But what would his FS be? Most likely won't use his gun at all, but I can't think of anything else. Unless he just runs people over again.
Knock the fighters away, then transports them into the original Mach Rider game, in which they get run over and shot at constantly.

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord
Grant is a freelancer, and still may not have been told about B-K's inclusion anyway.

Still, his comments on the leak may mean nothing, I dunno.
Again its assuming that Gregg told Steve and then Steve told Grant. Its plausible and not out of the question. But we can't know for sure until we get confirmation so its doesn't matter at this current point.

But if it helps:

-Gregg has remained very evasive of the subject (almost as if hes under NDA)
-Steve has been a bit more open to the subject, and said he was disappointed that stuff gets leaked. Why would he be disappointed about Banjo in an unconfirmed leak unless he has a way to know if its real?
-Grant very firm no on Banjo getting in. He may not know, or he could just be lying intentionally to make the surprise better.

Banjo is my #1 most wanted so I hope this ends up real, although I'm not holding my breath in the slightest right now, but maybe there is something to the behavior of these guys.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
There is also slightly suggestive magazine art that features her as a girl
She was also cut from Captain Rainbow in her female iteration
did you know mach rider libre is a girl

Anyway, I'm sure this idea has been brought up here before, but I've seen people saying that if the French company was annoyed by people asking constant Smash questions on their video, they could've just disabled the comments. The fact that they deleted the video entirely is what's suspicious.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
That's either Mach Rider without the armor or the only other human survivor that MR is searching for in the post alien invasion apocalypse.

Never confirmed.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I gotta say, I found PushDustin's tweet about "stop being ********" pretty laughable when he himself called someone an idiot for making a fake Akuma leak.

Stuff like this is why @papagenos is on the rise, man.
Can I get some sauce on this?

Ignoritus

Smash Journeyman

So I'm guessing this has been posted already, but I haven't seen much discussion of this considering it's pretty damned big.

I can accept the idea that a fake leaker would go to some pretty long stretches to internet-proof their leak. But you're going to have me believe they would print off additional bracelets/banners/whatevers and then hide them under a sheet of paper so that in case the internet amplified the contrast of the image they would be able to see the colors of the extra murals bleeding through?

Last edited:

Mutsukki

Smash Ace
I've been wavering a bit but after realizing how Snapchat actually works I can't help but strongly think it's fake again. Or at least put down the narrative that Eric didn't know anything about it, because he most certainly was notified of his snapchat being saved on another person's phone

Wambo

Smash Ace
Here it is. Sorry for the low-res, I'm bad at art (which is why Geno looks a little tubby in some places).

I think I got the position right, but a few details are off. Honestly though, this pose makes complete sense; Sakurai always talks about Geno's gun-arm whenever he brings him up, right? Makes perfect sense why it looks like he's using it in the banner image then.

Two goofs I made though, since I wanted to do a quick sketch: both sides of the cape look more "wingish", when they're supposed to be more connected to each other. The left side of the cape is completely yellow (meaning it's the inside of the cape) and the left side is completely blue (showing it's the outside of the cape). But yeah.

EDIT: Also, I ****ed up his right leg there. It should be straight and the lower half bent inward. I got carried away.

Comparison.jpg

Last edited:

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
Honestly? These character poses are just way too good. Very Sakurai-like. There's no way people can say this leak is fake at this point.
I feel that’s kinda flimsy, there’s a ton of people who’ve done great posing. Heck there’s people who could probably recreate the banner art style itself.

Confirmation

Smash Ace

So I'm guessing this has been posted already, but I haven't seen much discussion of this considering it's pretty damned big.

I can accept the idea that a fake leaker would go to some pretty long stretches to internet-proof their leak. But you're going to have me believe they would print off additional bracelets/banners/whatevers and then hide them under a sheet of paper so that in case the internet amplified the contrast of the image they would be able to see the colors of the extra murals bleeding through?
This is new, my dude. You're the first I've seen this from.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom