• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Untouch

Smash Master
So the Grinch is still alive for how long?
4,5 days?
Did Sassy Geno survive ths long? Just asking.
Still on Team procrastination till direct, leaning into real.
This leak has so many absurd details that its stupid for it be fake and and stupid for it be real.
Sassy geno lasted a month, but no one was really trying to debunk it actively.

Iridium

Smash Hero
I don't have a problem with Assist Trophies but it would be interesting to wait until we see it all if Isaac is among them.
Actually, that reminds me. Would anyone take Dampé as an AT? He...he just buries you.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
"Support and DLC for the game will continue for the next year. People with a Nintendo Online subscription get the DLC for free."
Thing that would make me happy.
You mean for the next few years, not the next year, right? I bet DLC will be longer than just one year, since the Switch will probably last many more years

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
"Let's... play... CHARACTER DECONFIRMATION! And you get a deconfirmation, and you get a deconfirmation, and you and you." The game nobody wants to win.
It's like Let's Make A Deal, but with playable status instead of prizes. Who'll get Zonked next?

You mean for the next few years, not the next year, right? I bet DLC will be longer than just one year, since the Switch will probably last many more years
Not to mention that there's only one version of the game to dedicate resources to, rather than two.

Much longer than the Grinch leak has been around.
If anything, the Sassy Geno arc ended with style, at least.

Last edited:

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
The biggest plot twist at this point would be if a character from neither leak were to be confirmed.
I just realized, but a plot twist just as big would be if both leaks were confirmed.

Now wouldn't that just be something else?
The only winning move is not to play IMO.
You say that but:
-Don't comment "Oh must be NDA"
Even not playing would result in people continuing to speculate.

If the company did nothing, that wouldn't stop people from talking about them.

mjmannella

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
6515-6020-5729
I'll say it for the 1000th time though. It's not just the art. Not even close. There is a legitimate profile and history to this leak, unlike every other leak ever save for ESRB
Again, if the banner can conclusively found to be fake, then the profile, history, and anything else will end up being nothing more than conjecture.

ButterGeek

Smash Apprentice
if steve was in i'd be mad if his splash wasn't "steve picks a fight"
Eh, not a bad pun, but "Joins the game" is far better for me (for those that don't know when someone joins a server in Minecraft in the chat "*NAME* joined the game" appears and it would really work in smash and like really)

Tyrathius

Smash Cadet
Much longer than the Grinch leak has been around.
Although to be fair, no one really took it seriously until that whole thing with Tansut saying there was an actual legit leak out there and everyone was like "Wait, did we ever actually disprove this?"

T3Z3R1

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5579-0990-8199
So the Grinch is still alive for how long?
4,5 days?
Did Sassy Geno survive ths long? Just asking.
Still on Team procrastination till direct, leaning into real.
This leak has so many absurd details that its stupid for it be fake and and stupid for it be real.
we thought sassy geno was fake on the day it was posted, until Tatsu or whatever his name is revealed there's real leak that ruffle their feathers, and then we thought it was same leak but turned it was fake. So one month of being fake and then few days of being real before being disconfirmed as fake.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Sure. I was initially going to put that but I hesitated thinking of Sakurai's health, haha.

That would raise a lot of questions, being Jewish, now wouldn't it?
Someone, somewhere must have gotten jebaited.

Daedulus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Daedulustg
3DS FC
2380-8197-1533
Switch FC
SW-2767-1140-5910
It's funny because it retroactively revived the music theory lol.

No Incineroar, skull kid, or BWD on the banner and they all have had music repeatedly. Echoes don't count and the 5 unique newcomers are obviously safe from it.
THERE IS NO MUSIC THEORY:crazy:

The_Naraotor

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1669-2956-1774
Say, are you real vampire by any chance? Because we can call Simon and Richter to get rid of ya and your damned castle! :4pacman:
Proor Dracula/Mathais losing two beloved one, frankly he is one of the most Dramatic Videogames vilain. Also his feud against his son add to his tragedy.

P.S: Speaking of avatar is there a thread where I can ask a custom made avatar and signature banner ?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So let's hear some trailer ideas for the leaked characters.

I'll start with geno:

It's the Smash 64 opening with geno awakens playing and after the dolls are set up to fight on hyrule castle, one leaps off the shelf and joins the fight.

We see it's Geno with "Geno Whirls in" as the tagline.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Sure. I was initially going to put that but I hesitated thinking of Sakurai's health, haha.
Sakurai knows his limits, and if he wants to keep adding content to this game, he will, and if he doesn't, he may put someone else in charge

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Eh, not a bad pun, but "Joins the game" is far better for me (for those that don't know when someone joins a server in Minecraft in the chat "*NAME* joined the game" appears and it would really work in smash and like really)
I'm hoping that his entrance animation adds a little "Steve has Joined the game" at the bottom left corner of the screen.
And when he dies, it will say "Steve has died"
Either that, or make it a little fun gimmick for a Minecraft stage

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Despite folks saying he should retire, take a break or have a vacation are very mistaken because Sakurai is quite a workaholic. He enjoys his job, I doubt he's gonna stop after Ultimate.

Daedulus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Daedulustg
3DS FC
2380-8197-1533
Switch FC
SW-2767-1140-5910
I'm hoping that his entrance animation adds a little "Steve has Joined the game" at the bottom left corner of the screen.
And when he dies, it will say "Steve has died"
Either that, or make it a little fun gimmick for a Minecraft stage
I think that they should make alex an echo of steve (says no one)

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Again, if the banner can conclusively found to be fake, then the profile, history, and anything else will end up being nothing more than conjecture.
Then that's maniacal levels of conjecture then.

To assume it's fake is to assume somebody was crazy or even smart enough to do all of this.

Here, I'll self quote myself because it's important to understand how ridiculous it is to assume it's fake:

No, not the point.

Ill break it down for you. If fake, here's what the leaker has accomplished miraculously:

Art:
1. Successfully recreated the background of the banner to various degrees of success (this would be his one problem)

2. Moved and shifted nearly 40 characters on the banner, all to pretty logical locations and to make room for new characters (a photoshopper knows this is a lot of work)

3. Moving said characters required like 50% of them to receive additional art (Jigglypuff, Roy, Greninja and more have body parts hidden behind other characters, and moving them causes those parts to be revealed.) If fake, the leaker has drawn all the additional art needed.

4. Create 7 handcrafted renders for 7 new characters, all of which have no reputable source for inspiration (in fact, a troll tried disproving Chorus Kids render by making a fake one themselves, similar to Duck Hunt in Smash 4). After nearly 36 hours, NOBODY has found existing renders. All of them are original.

5. Of the 7, Isaac is using psyenergy people normally do not associate him with, and The Conductor is the central character in the chorus kids render, something most people wouldn't do.

6. Caused Game Explain to claim the Banjo render was Smashified's, only to get hopelessly shut down and memed.

7. All 7 new renders fit in with the art style and from what we can see and people BELIEVE IT.

Background of the leaker:

1. The leak was made to look unintentional through Snapchat. Sends it to a friend or friends. Said friends leak it. Weird but okay, not posted directly on 4chan or another leak site. Basically they leaked it with the apparent plot twist of acting like they didn't want to leak it. Amazing.

2. The leaker created images with all of the above 7 points I made in the art section, only to print it out using Autocad, cardboard paper provided by his job, complete with fold out instructions of how to display it. On top of this, the leaker makes sure to take an image from really far of his good ****ing artwork, all to doop people into thinking it's a cardboard advert.

3. Said leaker plans and attaches Grinch artwork from the office to further solidify his leak. He thinks "if they find out my background, they'll surely see that job also makes these!" Amazing.

4. Said leaker scrubs out the name or the name of his co-worker poorly! On purpose! Because he knows the internet will try and find the name! That said name will lead them to his LinkedIn page that connects him to his job. This plan was made YEARS in advance to carefully accomplish his goal of fooling people he has a legit leak at his job. Amazing.

5. Said leaker knew people would get this far, but said leaker apparently didn't think about the consequences of him getting arrested or dragging his or his colleagues name through the mud to find more work. Totally plausible.

/s

See where I'm going with this? It is 9000x harder for me to see it being fake, than to actually believe it's real. I cannot, for the life of me, logically see how someone can manage to do ALL of this, without a major inconsistency ****ing it up. And so far, it hasn't.

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Sakurai knows his limits, and if he wants to keep adding content to this game, he will, and if he doesn't, he may put someone else in charge
I don't disagree!
Though I'm under the sneaking suspicion that he replaced his arms with robotic prosthetics.

That's what the toy gun was for. One of his arms can transform.

G Rank Zinogre

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sgt. ZinogreVolt

I'll start with geno:

It's the Smash 64 opening with geno awakens playing and after the dolls are set up to fight on hyrule castle, one leaps off the shelf and joins the fight.

A set of two characters are fighting in a rocky field, suddenly the ground beneath them is lifted up before it's shattered and the two characters fall. The culprit is revealed to be Isaac, with the tagline
"Isaac lets out a howl!"

In an ideal world I'd have Felix there (as an echo) as well, but alas

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Despite folks saying he should retire, take a break or have a vacation are very mistaken because Sakurai is quite a workaholic. He enjoys his job, I doubt he's gonna stop after Ultimate.
I don't think he will either, not by a long shot.
I only said that out of feeling bad for the guy, not any comment on what his intentions actually are.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427

I'll start with geno:

That would be cool to have a trailer that's a nod or a call-back to Smash 64. I think a lot of the older fans would appreciate that

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
So woke up like an hour ago and here I am. Anything interesting happen?
Well, there is confirmation that Namco Bandai and Harada have used leak bait before.

And with them being on board the development for this game, it could very well mean that leak bait like Incineroar is at hand.

Quite exciting a mystery, this is growing to be!

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I only said that out of feeling bad for the guy, not any comment on what his intentions actually are.
I do feel bad for him too but not the way you're thinking but the crap he's given such as death threats, harassment and such from people most notably the Waluigi fans.

Like really? This man is pouring his heart and soul into this game being the Ultimate by giving fan favorites like :ultkrool:and:ultridley:had been requesting for years and this is how you repay him!? You people shouldn't even call yourselves fans at all!

Last edited:

Daedulus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Daedulustg
3DS FC
2380-8197-1533
Switch FC
SW-2767-1140-5910
I think that old Saks will retire, he's worked very hard over the past years and deseveres at least a 10year vacation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom