• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
To kind of steer away for a bit, if the online tournament up to 32 people is indeed true, Would y'all be willing to do a weekly get together and do a Smashboards tournament? I think that would be a lot of fun!

Untouch

Smash Master
What bosses would you say would work best for Spririts Mode?
I say the Broodals Mech, Calamity Ganon, Ultra Necrozma, DJ Octavio and The Final Boss from Kingdom Battle (plsdontspoilitIreallywannaplayit)
We’re pretty obv getting Dracula and Rathalos.
If we’ll get some kinda extra DLC battles then I actually think an Ender Dragon Boss Battle could work well if it came with Steve.
It would also be cool if Tabuu returned.
I don't think they'll put Calamity Ganon, he's kind of kept secret in the game (I know Sakurai hasn't been perfect with secrets, but the game was still in development when Smash was being developed). I think a Guardian is pretty likely honestly. For the games most iconic enemy I think it's odd they aren't seen in the new tower stage.

lurxy

Smash Cadet
NNID
lurxylux
Switch FC
SW 7645 5399 8874
This is something that a lot of people don't seem to get. A clean version was not known about to a very large amount of people, so most people assumed one simply didn't exist publically. As a Fake leaker, it's not a bad assumption to assume having a blank background would help with legitimacy because, as far as they knew, it never existed in the public eye and, if it were to ever exist, it would be after the Leak has served it's purpose. Most people already assumed one existed internally due to the way the mural has been handled thus far. If we never found that Blank mural, I guarantee "It has the empty version of the mural, so it has to be legit" would be a very common argument for it.

It's only because of this leak that the blank version is now public knowledge and it took A LOT of digging to find. In turn, when comparing began a vast majority of the differences exist behind characters that have never been seen on any mural released thus far.
Is it known where the empty mural came from when it did? And how hard exactly hard was it to find?
I am asking because I have a really hard time assuming that the faker who seems to have thought about everything, assumingly framed somebody or used his own career to create this fake leak did not think about looking for the empty mural. In my mind, if you are planning to do such thing you prepare a lot. And that would include looking for this.

Do not get me wrong. I'd love for this leak to be true but it is not completely real or fake for me. I am just trying to unterstand some points considering the history of the leak.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
To kind of steer away for a bit, if the online tournament up to 32 people is indeed true, Would y'all be willing to do a weekly get together and do a Smashboards tournament? I think that would be a lot of fun!
Not much of a competitive guy, but I am in!

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Unfortunately, that's exactly what Occam's razor is used for.

ESRB:

"Ness's shirt is different! Fake!"
"Typo's! Fake!"
"Shulk! Little Mac! Photoshop!" Fake!"
"CSS sucks!" Fake!"
" Wario's Eye! Fake!"
" Game and Watch loves Wario! Fake!"

"Or it could just be real"

> Ends up being real
To be fair, comparing those details to like... Having half of the background being inconsitent with what we've seen and what Nintendo used so far with PUBLIC promotional material is kinda different to the strawgrasping that the people during ESRB did.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

It means nothing. It hasn't been verified by anyone that this man is involved. It's just someone's name on a piece of paper. If you are going to assume it's him you also have to assume he is an idiot for doing this. I operate on the belief that people do not lack common sense. You should also stop using the name. More people don't need to know about it.

Also I have skimmed /v/ many times over the past few days and haven't seen anything resembling the image you claim exists.
It's not on a piece of paper. IT'S ON HIS ****ING PHONE. When you post a story on Snapchat, your profile name is on the top right hand corner of the screen for everyone to see. My god man, I've said this like 3x already in this conversation.

Only way his name is on there, is if someone with the name of Eric Bricard for a Snapchat profile, took the video. That's LITERALLY the only possible way that could happen.

2nd, you were already tagged in a post ITT where the image I was talking about was provided.:laugh:

Finally, do you also operate under the assumption that people are infallible? Because simple human error, an honest-to-good mistake due to oversight is all it takes for someone to do what Eric Bricard did. Which, is FAR more common than you're pretending it is. People make goofs of this caliber, and even much much worse while on the job ALL the time.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I dunno if i'm good enough to get for money for my stuff...
FRICK YES YOU ARE!
What bosses would you say would work best for Spririts Mode?
I say the Broodals Mech, Calamity Ganon, Ultra Necrozma, DJ Octavio and The Final Boss from Kingdom Battle (plsdontspoilitIreallywannaplayit)
We’re pretty obv getting Dracula and Rathalos.
If we’ll get some kinda extra DLC battles then I actually think an Ender Dragon Boss Battle could work well if it came with Steve.
It would also be cool if Tabuu returned.
:ultsnake:Metal Geeeear....

Union of Darkness

Smash Ace

ESRB:

"Typo's! Fake!"
"CSS sucks!" Fake!"
" Wario's Eye! Fake!"

> Ends up being real
Screenshots of the game and video proof is not the same as an art banner.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

This is the best tag team
19408B1B-8EED-451A-81CB-3FBC4BDA83E2.jpeg

Hail the IIconics indeed.. (Im totes a Billie Kay main in WWE2k19) ;)

The question is will Banjo be base roster or dlc? I didnt put him on my predicyions list because its a togh one to call, but I t believe he will likely be in and yes Shadow is going to be awesome with his edgyness.. Oh and hopefully he has a better alt color set than Sonic's generic colors.
At best he’d be dlc (as a way for both Nintendo and Microsoft to make some extra cash)...also I main the hell out of Becky

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
OK...we all know that everyone is divided when it comes to do we believe this is real or not, but what if we phrase the question differently:

Do you WANT this leak to be real or not? No facts, no proof, no debunking. If these were the final 7 newcomers, would you be excited?
...sorta? I don't care about any of the characters, but it beats the alternative (Box Theory).

MashedPotatoUltimate

Smash Apprentice
From my knowledge there isn't a single Grinch 2018 promo image that looks like the one on the leak, I've even tried lining up images with other Grinch promo art that include the dog and none have the full body or same positioning as the one on the leak

it's just something I found interesting unless it was already brought up before..
Here's the Link to the image since i'm not sure how to insert images here

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
So apparently in certain cities, they have unique Grinch billboards where the Grinch dunks on that city...

Needless to say I think Kyoto’s was supposed to be him leaking the rest of the Smash Bros roster :yeahboi:

ButterGeek

Smash Apprentice
OK...we all know that everyone is divided when it comes to do we believe this is real or not, but what if we phrase the question differently:

Do you WANT this leak to be real or not? No facts, no proof, no debunking. If these were the final 7 newcomers, would you be excited?
If it’s being True means Inci isn’t it then Hell No
If Inci is actually in anyway then Hell Yeah, I don’t care for these characters, but others do, so I want em if I can have my Cat Boi

Spinzilla

Smash Rookie

Yes I would. Although I have almost zero connection to any of the characters or franchise in the leak my wife loves Banjo and my brother is a huge sonic fan. But it also shows how much fan influence is in the Roster now with Isaac, Geno and Banjo.

I just want an Advance Wars rep. There’s a big Andy shaped hole in my heart.

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Yeah, it kind of is.

But, because I missed so many wonderful people, i'm debating making a "season two" poster with more users.
I feel like I've missed something great here, could you point me in the direction of the poster you've made?

Union of Darkness

Smash Ace
Only way his name is on there, is if someone with the name of Eric Bricard for a Snapchat profile, took the video. That's LITERALLY the only possible way that could happen.

2nd, you were already tagged in a post ITT where the image I was talking about was provided.:laugh:

Finally, do you also operate under the assumption that people are infallible? Because simple human error, an honest-to-good mistake due to oversight is all it takes for someone to do what Eric Bricard did. Which, is FAR more common than you're pretending it is. People make goofs of this caliber, and even much much worse while on the job ALL the time.
So, is it his profile? I believe there's a twitter account named Masahiro Sakurai with picture of a large black man.

Okay then you won't have trouble pointing it out to me, since people are not infallible and all. Also you should really stop using his name.

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
What's that? You take requests!

I have one! And I DEMAND that you put my request at the very bottom of your list.
I'd like to see your take on Emil.
I know I said I'd hop off for a bit, but opportunity strikes.
Feel free to reject my request, though. As this was initially just a joke request.

Papageno isn't the leaker. He's the leaker's messenger. He claims that the leaker who told him this who I'm assuming is Vergeben, considering PapaGeno says this leaker is one he trusts for his reputation, and if we knew who it was we'd probably trust him too and he's just telling everyone what the leaker told him, but keeping the leaker anonymous.
If it means anything Papagenos said it specifically wasn't Vergeben.

I may have been :ultgreninja: sorry lol

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238

Ehh... Yes? No?

Truth be told, Chorus Kids are the only characters from the Grinch leak I'm rooting for. I typically don't care for third-parties, so that wipes out more than half the characters. To add on to that, Banjo and Geno are two characters who I've never really understood the support for. Glad their fans would get what they wanted, but that's about the full exent of my happiness.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
From my knowledge there isn't a single Grinch 2018 promo image that looks like the one on the leak, I've even tried lining up images with other Grinch promo art that include the dog and none have the full body or same positioning as the one on the leak

it's just something I found interesting unless it was already brought up before..
Here's the Link to the image since i'm not sure how to insert images here
https://twitter.com/MrNantendo/status/1055206304996835328
https://twitter.com/MrNantendo/status/1055206307345719301
Tadaaaaa not new

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Yes I would. Although I have almost zero connection to any of the characters or franchise in the leak my wife loves Banjo and my brother is a huge sonic fan. But it also shows how much fan influence is in the Roster now with Isaac, Geno and Banjo.

I just want an Advance Wars rep. There’s a big Andy shaped hole in my heart.
I'd welcome Andy, or any Advance Wars rep. That series needs some love. By the way...

Hi, I'm new. Has this been. posted yet? Good evidence for Team. Real https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/...os_smash_ultimate_spoiler_discussion/e8khc5n/
vaanrose vaanrose , what do you make of this? I am curious to hear your thoughts.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
It's not on a piece of paper. IT'S ON HIS ****ING PHONE. When you post a story on Snapchat, your profile name is on the top right hand corner of the screen for everyone to see. My god man, I've said this like 3x already in this conversation.

On top of this, if someone were to impersonate Eric Bricard by using him as a scapegoat, why the hell would they attempt to scrub out the name? That literally makes no sense.

The scrubbed out name proves that someone didn't want the name to be found, meaning its either him or someone using his phone.

Or are we also going to argue the logic that an impersonator purposefully failed at scrubbing the name, hoping that someone would use tools to find it and look him up?

This is why I can't be on the fake team.

KMDP

Smash Legend
I agree most people didn't know it existed, but it probably just took someone who was actually there to remember seeing it and then voila. Not really any digging required.
What are the chances a guy from France is going to have gone to E3?

Not only that, if you believe Eric to be the guy who leaked it himself with no third parties, this is a 50-year-old Frenchman going to E3.

Last edited:

IcyBrawler

Smash Apprentice

ESRB:

"Typo's! Fake!"
"CSS sucks!" Fake!"
" Wario's Eye! Fake!"

> Ends up being real
Occam's Razor is that the simplest solution is real, at least in most cases.

"Suppose there exist two explanations for an occurrence. In this case the one that requires the least speculation is usually better."

There is equal evidence (if you want to call it that) for both sides of the leak. Meaning that there isn't just one simple solution, there are two. So how can Occam's Razor really be applied here?

Most people saying it seem to be using it to disregard the points the other side of the leak have, which in my opinion is an over-simplification of the discussion.

Literally anyone on any side right now can say "I call Occam's Razor" and apparently they are right. In which case, why even talk at all?

D

Deleted member

So, is it his profile? I believe there's a twitter account named Masahiro Sakurai with picture of a large black man.

Okay then you won't have trouble pointing it out to me, since people are not infallible and all. Also you should really stop using his name.
Ok, so which takes the least amount of assumptions:

A. Eric Bricard took the leak with his snapchat profile, that's why his name is on there.

B. A person looked up a company which printed out media for gaming companies, the found Eric Bricard's name, they made a new fake snapchat account under that name, got a sizeable enough number of followers for his post to get noticed, made the fake leak, and took a video of it on snapchat... all in the span of like a couple weeks.

Do you see now why Occam's Razor is so handy? Because your scenario is ABSURD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom