• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Noipoi

Howdy!
What's that? You take requests!

I have one! And I DEMAND that you put my request at the very bottom of your list.
I'd like to see your take on Emil.
I know I said I'd hop off for a bit, but opportunity strikes.
Feel free to reject my request, though. As this was initially just a joke request.
who's emil?

What kind of list are you talking about?
My list of things people ask me to draw for nothing in return. And I do it anyway because I love drawing!

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
So apparently Emily Rogers chimed in and said she doesn’t buy the leak and others shouldn’t either.

Look Emily, your a great person, but you can’t just show up after contributing absolutely nothing since Ultimate’s reveal and suddenly think you can call this on your merit.
To be fair, she did know about Smash Ultimate prior to it's reveal almost weeks in advance...

Last edited:

Shawksta

Smash Apprentice
i wonder if all of these '''''''insiders''''''' would have called this thing real if they weren't ALL fed incineroar information, it seems literally every single person that would know something was told he was in.
Sakurai pulled a bait if this is real and he is nowhere to be a seen

IcyBrawler

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, Occam's Razor is an interesting principle but if we could stop using it to try to prove a Smash leak being real or fake that would be great.

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
And they also had to have known about the Chadondorf thing, unless it's just a huge coincidence that everything lines up but I doubt it.
I doubt it's a coincidence too. However, it's still entirely possible that if this is a fake leak, the same person made both leaks. That would be a relatively simple explanation as to why both are the same.

JustCallMeJon

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3067-7373-5050
Switch FC
SW 4274 8573 0226
Since all of you are debating this leak very hard, you all must be VERY exhausted.

Why not calm down a bit and watch this kitty gif:
1uHlEY4.gif

Relax? Good!

This is why cats are important for the internet!

Super Bario

Smash Cadet
OK...we all know that everyone is divided when it comes to do we believe this is real or not, but what if we phrase the question differently:

Do you WANT this leak to be real or not? No facts, no proof, no debunking. If these were the final 7 newcomers, would you be excited?
Honestly I'd be fine if it was real, I just wish it was fake so when we go into the next Smash Direct it'll be a surprise instead of knowing everything before it happens.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Y would Verg comunicate this through a YouTuber and not reveal his info himself though?
I think the idea they're positing is that Vergeben has consistently said what amounts to "Incineroar and Ken and nobody else" (not what he specifically said, but people have assumed that to be the case), if he suddenly did a complete 180, then it would damage his credibility even more than just saying nothing.

Does... does that make sense? It makes sense in my head but I'm having a hard time putting it into words. XD

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Someone please explain to me real quick what in the name of hell Occam's Razor is?

Polar Bair

Smash Apprentice
NNID
jac398
OK...we all know that everyone is divided when it comes to do we believe this is real or not, but what if we phrase the question differently:

Do you WANT this leak to be real or not? No facts, no proof, no debunking. If these were the final 7 newcomers, would you be excited?
I kind of wanted Incineroar to be real first, but between 5 more unique newcomers there might be one I enjoy playing. I have 0 nostalgia for any of them so...

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Since all of you are debating this leak very hard, you all must be VERY exhausted.

Why not calm down a bit and watch this kitty gif:
View attachment 172747

Relax? Good!

This is why cats are important for the internet!
Hmph! Not as adorable as MY kitty
who's emil?

My list of things people ask me to draw for nothing in return. And I do it anyway because I love drawing!
I assume Nier Automata Emil

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
I was trying to be an observer more so than actively participating in the discussion because it's insane right now but I have to say....

IF the leak is fake... how did the faker get the empty Battlefield banner photo? I haven't seen it online anywhere... and it took time to find it in some E3 footage.. are we assuming he made it himself in Photoshop? Or removed characters from the official banner and copied the one at E3?

doomedtacox

Smash Ace
It was. The problem is that the only public record of the full mural appeared for less than half a second on a 4 hour stream. Again, most people did not know of it's existence because of that.
I agree most people didn't know it existed, but it probably just took someone who was actually there to remember seeing it and then voila. Not really any digging required.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
IF the leak is fake... how did the faker get the empty Battlefield banner photo? I haven't seen it online anywhere... and it took time to find it in some E3 footage.. are we assuming he made it himself in Photoshop? Or removed characters from the official banner and copied the one at E3?
Exactly.
He didn't know that an empty battlefield existed.
So be made one to create legitimacy.
However, one actually existed, but only for people who've been at E3.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
who's emil?

My dude you are gonna be a great artist down the line if you keep it up!

Also Emil is the Mask you see on Nines (that is the simplest answer I can give you)

And if you take requests...May you draw Guzma? It can be your lowest priority, below Nines. Pretty Please?

Noipoi

Howdy!
No, I was blind when you posted it so I couldn't see it was you. Yes, I knew it was you. Just had to make sure. Is it possible for you to add anything else to the image?
Yeah, it kind of is.

But, because I missed so many wonderful people, i'm debating making a "season two" poster with more users.

Shawksta

Smash Apprentice
To be fair, she did know about Smash Ultimate prior to it's reveal almost weeks in advance...
Oh yeah, sure of course

She’s one of the many people who predicted smash 4’s returning veterans and specifically Snake and Ice Climbers but not EVERYONE IS HERE nor daisy/echoes.

Totally not following the pack

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
I was trying to be an observer more so than actively participating in the discussion because it's insane right now but I have to say....

Considering it contradicts the actual empty mural from E3 that didn't become public knowledge until after the fact it is assumed he made it in an attempt to give the leak more legitimacy.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Yeah, it kind of is.

But, because I missed so many wonderful people, i'm debating making a "season two" poster with more users.
Oh, I hope you make it. I would like to be added to the picture if you ever decide to make it.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694

Nope, because I don't like any of those characters, or at least most of em (I can't remember if Incineroar was part of the 7 being discussed, but he's one I actually do not mind). I don't have the Mach Rider knowledge to give judgment. Plus the lack of Phosphora, Medusa, or Monster Hunter does have me thinking. I probably seem narrow saying this a lot, but the fact is that there isn't much that just come out to catch my attention. Then again, considering we're still in a knowledge drought, relatively speaking, there's really not much else to do until later.

ButterGeek

Smash Apprentice
What bosses would you say would work best for Spririts Mode?
I say the Broodals Mech, Calamity Ganon, Ultra Necrozma, DJ Octavio and The Final Boss from Kingdom Battle (plsdontspoilitIreallywannaplayit)
We’re pretty obv getting Dracula and Rathalos.
If we’ll get some kinda extra DLC battles then I actually think an Ender Dragon Boss Battle could work well if it came with Steve.
It would also be cool if Tabuu returned.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Yeah, Occam's Razor is an interesting principle but if we could stop using it to try to prove a Smash leak being real or fake that would be great.
Unfortunately, that's exactly what Occam's razor is used for.

ESRB:

"Ness's shirt is different! Fake!"
"Typo's! Fake!"
"Shulk! Little Mac! Photoshop!" Fake!"
"CSS sucks!" Fake!"
" Wario's Eye! Fake!"
" Game and Watch loves Wario! Fake!"

"Or it could just be real"

> Ends up being real

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
At the very least this leak piqued my interest in Chorus Kids and Mach Rider, who were never on my radar before. KOS-MOS too, even though they aren't actually in the banner like initially thought. The others were already being mentioned everywhere, and I felt as ambivalent then as now of them. But anyways there's probably not any point in trying to argue the leak's legitimacy one way or another since we'll know for sure in November. Still, #teamreal

Does anyone have any ideas what players could be prominent threats once this game is out? Besides the obvious names. I'd personally have such a fun time seeing Otakuni as a top 50 player early on since none of us knew who he was before this summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom