• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Yeah I know, and you liked my predictions too.
But did I???
From what I can gather, someone is claiming that some of the characters from the banner and Incinaroar are in.

You know how when the Simpsons were doing who shot Mr Burns and made a few fake endings, including a full "Smithers did it" one? It may be like that but with ad materials.
I feel like that is pretty likely in my opinion...

Untouch

Smash Master
And yeah I think from here on out I’ll be taking a break from SB, it’s all the same song and dance at this point

But I’ll probably come running if a direct is announced soon. That is if I’m not at work.

Also pls @ me if my gurl is in somehow
A direct probably isn't going to be announced until at least next week, but I hope it'll be sooner.

NastCF

Smash Apprentice
Being blunt isn't being vitriolic. I was being neither spiteful nor malignant. Stop getting upset because people correct you when you're wrong, I'm not here to mind your feelings.

Also, it's BECAUSE both sides are speculative that we're resorting to Occam's Razor. That's literally what Occam's Razor is for. Again, if you're not familiar with this concept, do a simple google search, and read up on it. Learn something new. I already posted links to what it is, as well as a video that provides an example.
I'm not upset for being wrong though? I have already admitted twice, maybe three times I was wrong. If you however can't point out an issue with someone's argument without this:

If you don't have the evidence to support how your incredibly complex scenario of how the leak can possibly be faked, then you don't have an argument, and you're wasting your time with pointless fantasy.
That's more on you than on me, dude.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
So, you're going to assume that a 50 year old man with a family is familiar with the Smash fanbase, the trademarks Nintendo is making, very obscure gaming characters to the greatest of detail, and is fluent is English despite being French, AND that he took the time out of his busy work day and family life to troll the internet for 2 weeks? Really?

Because that's already way more, and less likely assumptions than the two I made.
Not to be that guy. But you're doing what he told you to not do.

You assume that the leak is real and go with the story that the leak presents you.

And now I go because honestly that Occam Razors discussion is stupid, because if that was the case, the Rayman Leak would be real...
i wish it was.

KingBroly

Smash Lord
I could see Shantae and Banjo/Kazooie being in the same trailer, with them both being Western Third-Parties .
I feel like Microsoft would be against that because, well, they're Microsoft, and WayForward is a lot smaller.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
And yeah I think from here on out I’ll be taking a break from SB, it’s all the same song and dance at this point

But I’ll probably come running if a direct is announced soon. That is if I’m not at work.

Alrighty, we'll keep you posted. Take care on your break.

I may take a break myself to have more time to work on that RPG I told myself I'd make... three years ago.

Fenn

Smash Cadet
Since excitebike hasn't been chosen as an assist trophy yet, what if Mach bike and excitebike are clones? (Sorry if this doesn't make sense I'm not super familiar with Mach bike as a character)

Pakky

Smash Hero
I think we talk about this one a while ago

And no different than the creditable source people could be setting himself/herself up for embarrassment of getting faulty information or being wrong about something
Too many butts would be blown out.

Like this would be a problem.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
So uh

Who could be the two characters in the so called unique character trailer be? They obviously have to both be from the same series and never before seen. I doubt anyone from the banner would be it either.
Interestingly enough he does confirm that at least some of the characters from the Grinch leak are in, so at the very least that's two of them + Incineroar, so worst case scenario we're still getting more than the box theory suggested. It's not much we can read from this, but at least it's something.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

That's more on you than on me, dude.
No, not it's not on me. Both scenarios are speculative. The Fake leak scenario is far more complex and requires more leaps of logic. Occam's Razor. We're going with the one that takes the least assumptions.

Don't like it. Back up your opinions with evidence that support them. How is this difficult to understand?

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Yeah I remember all that, I was around for that leak. I'm not hung up about anything, even though I'm heavily leaning towards fake I'm fully open to the idea that this could be real. I don't even think most arguments presented by the real side are that unfeasible. At the same time though, there are definitely points in favor of the leak being fake that are worth consideration instead of being completely dismissed, which it sounds like you're doing right now.

And yes I was wrong about Occam's razor, I'm sorry about that.

Nah man I totally get it, I definitely feel the support for the fake side. This leak has me strung the **** up. It is probably everything I could ever want in a smash game (All returning characters, Ridley, K. Rool, Banjo, Isaac, Geno, like...wtf) and its the first leak since ESRB to be so heavily argued around the internet, so I know i could be getting over excited over something that has the possibility of being fake.

Seriously I have massive respect for everyone against it. You have the strength to say no to a large part of the fanbase who has wanted these characters for years.

SushiRoll

Smash Apprentice
I dont have to do anything u filthy Trump worshipping American scum!

For those wondering, Im international friendly towards the world, its not all about America.
People better start showing you respect!!!!!!!! :mad:
Otherwise I might break my keyboard in frustration!!!!!!!!!
Obviously everyone deserves respect even when they don't give it themselves!!!!!

Last edited:

Gothitelle

Smash Journeyman
And now I go because honestly that Occam Razors discussion is stupid, because if that was the case, the Rayman Leak would be real...
The Occam's Razor discussion is stupid because it's like a bunch of ten year olds who discovered the term for the first time and can't get enough of using it in every post.

lurxy

Smash Cadet
NNID
lurxylux
Switch FC
SW 7645 5399 8874
I picture everyone assuming that Nintendo is sending fake promotional material to printing companies just to throw us fans off being the most paranoid people on this planet. Nintendo is trying to make profit and just because they printing fake murals does not mean that they suddenly need less real promotional material. So in the end they would pay double or more for promotion just in case that one of their who knows how many dozen partner companies is leaking some information.

I really don't get this point, this is just ridiculous to me.

D

Deleted member

Not to be that guy. But you're doing what he told you to not do.

You assume that the leak is real and go with the story that the leak presents you.

i wish it was.
Occam's Razor isn't used to prove something is right or wrong. It's to avoid pointless circular speculation. My god man, are all of you in middle school or something?!

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432

See ya, dude. The forums have been chaotic so I don't blame you. Enjoy your break. :)

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Man, everyone's taking a break from this place. I understand why but i'm gonna miss these dudes...
I honestly don't know how I kept up with the ESRB discussion during Sm4sh speculation. Maybe it's because I was younger, more naive and willing to believe things, and had something to defend (Shulk), but I just can't do it now.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Ohhh okay, what about who this "someone" is?
Someone speaking through papagenos papagenos .

This person contacted Papageno's, did something to prove their veracity (and according to Papageno's, anyone who heard this reason would believe them too), and says that he has heard of all the characters in the Grinch leaks plus Incineroar.

Of course, there's three people in this chain (Microsoft source -> The Middleman -> Papageno's).

monadoboy

Smash Lord
My personal hope is Rex/Pyra and Elma with how secretive the blog is with Xenoblade content, :ultshulk: being the sole exception. Though I doubt Sakurai could pull a Greninja with Rex...

It’s my literal dream trailer too holy ****
A trailer with Rex and Elma that ties to the Land of Challenge with the Nopon Archsage telling Shulk, Elma and Rex that there's a challenge harder than any they could imagine and opening up a portal to Battlefield... I want to cry just imagining it.

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
Interestingly enough he does confirm that at least some of the characters from the Grinch leak are in, so at the very least that's two of them + Incineroar, so worst case scenario we're still getting more than the box theory suggested. It's not much, but it's something.
Well...

Some could easily just mean Ken and Geno which many think the Box theory points to (in conjunction with Verg), with either Geno or Incineroar being dlc

And even with the Grinch we're still saying how Incineroar may be dlc

So it really just leaves is exactly where we were

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Question: Do you know for a fact that this man even has anything to do with this?
Leaks had to be taken with his phone, as it's his name on the Snapchat profile.

So it was either him, or someone with the same name as him, who is also French, has the same career as him, and works in the same industry. That or his son is also called Eric and he took the photo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom