• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Here's another question: When has there ever been more than 2 unique fighers revealed in a direct?

And since the community is so keen on patterns, don't say "There's a first time for everything."
I'm usually the one who says "**** the patterns"...

If this were real I don't think every one of these characters will be revealed in a Nintendo Direct.
Likewise, I wouldn't be personally shocked if any of the trailers has more than one unique fighter in it.

Geno and Banjo, if the leak was true, would probably also be in a special scenario.

Who knows?

Last edited:

Pakky

Smash Hero
So uh

Who could be the two characters in the so called unique character trailer be? They obviously have to both be from the same series and never before seen. I doubt anyone from the banner would be it either.
Okay this makes me think he's in and the 'bait argument is a little silly.

This many people are say the same thing and they're not being shaken.

As for the two new guys.

Well.

Shadow and Tails seem likely, they're the only duo that would be in a trailer together if we're talking 'same series'.

Ken and Inceniroar is a maybe but I see Pikachu Libre fighting him being more likely.

Sora and Geno seems to wild

Shadow and Mach Rider fits but seems unfocused

IcyBrawler

Smash Apprentice
Jeez, I want to take a break from this but I feel like if I leave I'll miss something important then not see it because by the time I come back there will be 30+ new pages.

Wambo

Smash Ace
So uh

Who could be the two characters in the so called unique character trailer be? They obviously have to both be from the same series and never before seen. I doubt anyone from the banner would be it either.
Banjo AND Kazooie :^)

Untouch

Smash Master
I don't think "the major spots that the leaker messed up if fake are the spots that are always covered up by characters in the available mural" is a lot of assumptions.

Here's a real example of Occam's Razer.
  • First we need to believe the leaker is Eric, and not someone impersonating him, he's come forth and we need to assume he's lying as well.
  • Then we need to assume Marina is lying about working on Ultimate.
  • If they aren't lying, we have to assume that the Eric (or the leaker) has to be working at ACP as well.
  • In order to assume that ACP or Marina is involved we have to assume they're working on the Grinch promo material when none have confirmed it, and none have any connections to Universal or Nintendo it seems.
  • We also have to assume that the leaker has no connections to the Chad Ganondorf leak and it's all a coincidence, if he really was just a printer at ACP how would he even possibly know what characters were cut?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Occam's razor isn't a black-or-white argument. What's completely implausible for some might be pretty plausible for others.
If that's truly what you think, then you don't understand Occam's Razor at all, and I suggest you read up on it. It's not about what you THINK or what you believe is possible. It's about avoiding pointless circular speculative arguments that don't have enough evidence to be effectively concluded.

If you don't have the evidence to support how your incredibly complex scenario of how the leak can possibly be faked, then you don't have an argument, and you're wasting your time with pointless fantasy.

Spinzilla

Smash Rookie
You just listed the best reasons to put Incineroar in and changed the title.

I wonder how many other characters we could do that for.
Whatcha mean by changed the title? Sorry if what you’re saying is going over my head

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
I grew abs from this video just by laughing.

I can't stop.

Send help.
That was essentially my reaction at seeing this video for the first time, too. The thread it came from is even more hilarious, once you get past the cursed images in the initial post.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
I don't think "the major spots that the leaker messed up if fake are the spots that are always covered up by characters in the available mural" is a lot of assumptions.

• First we need to believe the leaker is Eric, and not someone impersonating him, he's come forth and we need to assume he's lying as well.
  • Then we need to assume either Marina is lying about working on Ultimate.
  • If they aren't lying, we have to assume that the Eric (or the leaker) has to be working at ACP as well.
  • In order to assume that ACP or Marina is involved we have to assume they're working on the Grinch promo material when none have confirmed it, and none have any connections to Universal or Nintendo it seems.
  • We also have to assume that the leaker has no connections to the Chad Ganondorf leak and it's all a coincidence, if he really was just a printer at ACP how would he even possibly know what characters were cut?
I don't know why the Marina point is relevant and I'm team fake.
The company he works for currently has not commented on this.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
My personal hope is Rex/Pyra and Elma with how secretive the blog is with Xenoblade content, :ultshulk: being the sole exception. Though I doubt Sakurai could pull a Greninja with Rex...

It’s my literal dream trailer too holy ****

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Nekoo, I just want to say that I think your one of the few who have been super fair for this leak, you listen to both arguments and not twisting words and keeping sure to temper you expectations...Thank You.
You're welcome. It's just that, after 2 Smash game, 5 Pokemon game, countless of Assassin's Creed, and tons of rumour floating around for Sonic Games...

You learn to have a Shaolin monk patience, and manage to keep your expectations low to not get hurt and disapointed.

I just take everything with a laugh, and keep in mind both side of the argument, knowing that in the end, no matter what, we will have a great game.

Untouch

Smash Master
I don't know why the Marina point is relevant and I'm team fake.
The company he works for currently has not commented on this.
That's why an assumption needs to be made here, we don't know how involved they are here but if they aren't, it likely wasn't leaked by Eric.

Polan

Smash Lord
Some food for thought: When are these characters supposed to be announced? Isaac, Geno, Banjo, Mach Rider, Chorus Kids. Assuming Shadow is an echo, that's 5 unique characters. 5 characters that need reveal trailers.

Sakurai said there were not going to be constant trailers right up to release. So let's assume they would all have to be announced at the same time. The average Nintendo Direct is 30-35 minutes. Let's say each character trailer would be approximately 90 seconds. That's over 7 minutes of trailers. After that Sakurai would need to talk about each character including echoes for at least 2 minutes each. Let's split the difference and say each echo is 1 minute.

That's almost 20 minutes dedicated to trailers and explanation. Now take second and tell me if that sounds realistic.
i think this leak is fake af, but a theoretical reveal schedule is kind of pausible i guess? if spawnwave's two directs leak is true then that's three characters + the echoes right there. still leaves two characters to reveal which if sakurai had never said "we'll reveal everyone before release" could plausibly be left as secret characters. but that ain't happening so they have to rush their announcement before the game launches. of course you could get around this with a brawl style trailer...but why would isabelle get her own trailer and not banjo or geno?

Gothitelle

Smash Journeyman
So uh

So, putting aside my doubts and saying that the banner leak is real, I think the two-character trailer is a Pokemon one that will reveal Incineroar and Raichu. Raichu would be easy to make an echo of Pikachu for, and obviously the Pokeball is Alolan Raichu, so normal Raichu could easily still appear.

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
The moderation is working on the situation. Please do not respond to someone who is tag-spamming/flaming/trolling. Just ignore them and move on. It's less for us to clean up.

This also applies to various ****posts(like the Steve? spam).
Im not here to be ignored, and everybody here will treat me with respect because I deserve all the respect! All I did was share some predictions because Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku asked for my predictions. That is all.

Wambo

Smash Ace
That was essentially my reaction at seeing this video for the first time, too. The thread it came from is even more hilarious, once you get past the cursed images in the initial post.
The analogy someone used about a guy walking into a casual coffee shop and inflating a blowup doll had me in tears.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
The background issue is an actual damaging hole which is easier to explain in favor of the leak being fake rather than being real. It's one hole, but it's something.
Did you know that there was a typo in the ESRB leak? You know what people said there? "There's no way this is real, why would there be a typo in a leak?" Turns out there was a typo and it was changed. Did you know that Smash 4's Ness design is different from any other design of Ness ever made? Including Smash? That when the ESRB leak came out, people cried fake because Ness's "Shirt doesn't match previous games and Earthbound!". Turns out it was still real anyway. Did you know people said Shulk was a photoshopped Little Mac? Turns out it wasn't.

My point is, don't get so hung up about a background that changes things, especially when some of it has always been clearly visible to us and not just behind characters. Its easier to just accept something could be real when arguments loop over and over and go back and forth (which should 100% tell you that the background is not a hole in the leak because so many people contest it), as the opposite makes things much more complicated, basically occam's ra--

Occam's razor isn't a black-or-white argument. What's completely implausible for some might be pretty plausible for others.
uh, no comment lol. Please look up the definition and the concept of it.

Last edited:

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
This is definitely the most fun leak, real or fake.
#teamreal
I agree! I just wish people could have more fun conversations, with less anger/smugness (on both sides).

Also, you're a relic, joined in 2004? I didn't even know about Smashboards until like 2012 (and I'm 30, not a young kid haha)

PS all: I'm on #TeamFakeButIWouldLoveToBeWrong

If this leak ends up being true, I'll change my name on here to GrinchWylde, and change my avatar to a Grinch, for a whole year...

Last edited:

Fortnite4Smash

Smash Apprentice
Seriously, not believing any other "leaker" Incineroar that, Minecraft this... bro shut up. Crazy how every single person and their mom knows a leaker, like it seems everyone who works on this game want to leak stuff about the game. in what world???

D

Deleted member

Then draw your interpretation of me in a dress you coward
42444.png

Please do not take this seriously.

So let me get this straight. Some insider says some of the guys from the Grinch leak + Incineroar are in?
He is clearly doing it because he wants Incineroar. The insider is clearly wrong.

So any new stuff about the Grinch Leak? I was already spoiled. ;-;

Last edited by a moderator:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
So uh

My mind personally immediately went to the possibility of Leon Kennedy and Jill Valentine as soon as I saw that last rumored tidbit.

Kinda like the Simon and Richter trailer.

I am keeping an eye on this rumor, but taking it with a grain of salt.

Last edited:

NastCF

Smash Apprentice
If that's truly what you think, then you don't understand Occam's Razor at all, and I suggest you read up on it. It's not about what you THINK or what you believe is possible. It's about avoiding pointless circular speculative arguments that don't have enough evidence to be effectively concluded.

If you don't have the evidence to support how your incredibly complex scenario of how the leak can possibly be faked, then you don't have an argument, and you're wasting your time with pointless fantasy.
I was already corrected by someone and I admit I was wrong on that, but thank you for the unnecessarily vitriolic response.

Let me just remind you though that a lot of the evidence on both sides is pretty speculative.

D

Deleted member

• Then we need to assume Marina is lying about working on Ultimate.
You're stretching it too far.

A simple explanation for how the leak could be legitimate is as simple as:

1. The Grinch leak is unrelated to all other leaks because it's real (Nintendo already got their feathers ruffled over a leak, this was confirmed about a month back so a legitimate leak has indeed happened already), this includes the Chadnondorf leak (likely the leak Nintendo is ruffled over as it had insider development info), and Papageno's source.

2. The Grinch leak is simply a result of someone working on Smash content for a printing company (all of these have evidence) called APC, accidentally leaking the banner because he was overworked and didn't realize it was confidential. Note, it had to be someone called Eric Bricard as the Snapchat profile has that name.

Now provide me with all the countless assumptions you need to make to assume the leak is fake. Go on.

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
My personal hope is Rex/Pyra and Elma with how secretive the blog is with Xenoblade content, :ultshulk: being the sole exception. Though I doubt Sakurai could pull a Greninja with Rex...

It’s my literal dream trailer too holy ****
Another underrated character.. #GiveElmaAChance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom