• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
Yeah, papagenos papagenos said that he has a source he absolutely trusts that has someone in Microsoft who knows Banjo is in, and this same MS person had also heard about these other seven characters + Incineroar. The Microsoft individual was not sure if the other 7 were to be believed, but after the banner leak they now believe it is indeed the case. They are confused about Incineroar though.

This was yesterday I believe.
papagenos papagenos 's source is fake news.

Last edited:

Wambo

Smash Ace

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
-Attempted to scrub a name that was found (but would have to have been on purpose if it was fake? What?)
If I were to ask you to cut/obscure a name out of a picture, what would you do? Most people would either crop it out entirely or block it with a simple, solid color. The leak, for some ungodly reason, used some sort of transparency alongside a solid color. I could be wrong (Photoshop people, please step in), but that seems like it would be far more effort for something less effective than a simple crop job making the half assed obscurification seem deliberate. Making it appear as breadcrumbs were left on purpose to reach a conclusion.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Honestly, Incineroar would make sense as leak bait.

1. He’s a starter, making him one of the most visible and widely known Pokémon by default
2. On the anime Ash has a Torracat which may evolve soon.
3. The last new Pokémon rep had both of those qualities (although Greninja was picked before he was on the anime I’m sure he pushed to be in smash because of their future plans)
4. There is at least one new Pokémon with every new smash.

All of best would make him seem like a shoe in for the roster even without physical or visible evidence.

It would be a really easy red herring to sell. No pun intended.

The conspiracy theorist in me wants to think Nintendo gave out incineroar as not only leak bait but also as a way to hurt some leakers’ credibility. Thus killing future leaks from gaining too much traction. Probably not though.
You just listed the best reasons to put Incineroar in and changed the title.

I wonder how many other characters we could do that for.

Deoxys911

Laughs and Logic
NNID
Deoxys911
I feel like I have a new born bias against him cause he's currently being used to debunk the leak lol
Incineroar's reveal trailer should start by showing the banner from the Grinch leak, and then Incineroar rips through it and taunts the audience, laughing at their tears of disappointment. INCINEROAR FEEDS ON YOUR PAIN!

Union of Darkness

Smash Ace
Some food for thought: When are these characters supposed to be announced? Isaac, Geno, Banjo, Mach Rider, Chorus Kids. Assuming Shadow is an echo, that's 5 unique characters. 5 characters that need reveal trailers.

Sakurai said there were not going to be constant trailers right up to release. So let's assume they would all have to be announced at the same time. The average Nintendo Direct is 30-35 minutes. Let's say each character trailer would be approximately 90 seconds. That's over 7 minutes of trailers. After that Sakurai would need to talk about each character including echoes for at least 2 minutes each. Let's split the difference and say each echo is 1 minute.

That's almost 20 minutes dedicated to trailers and explanation. Now take second and tell me if that sounds realistic.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
No they've offered explanations.

-Taken on Snapchat and leaked on accident
Because you're believing that makes it more valid, aren't you? We don't even know if it was on accident. If fake, this was obviously staged. This just makes it more plausible.

-Attempted to scrub a name that was found (but would have to have been on purpose if it was fake? What?)
Not sure I understand the question.

-An actual person associated with that snapchat, with an actual Linkedin account that is years old, and actual ties to multiple companies that do print/display work exactly like the leak, along with using Autocad to set up these displays
Simple frame job. Was unaware of him actually being associated with that snapchat to be fair, but my point stands. You can find anyone on Linkedin.

-Said leak contains promotional artwork for something not even associated with Smash, like....why?
Because IT MAKES IT MORE PLAUSIBLE, as I can tell looking at your post. It's going to stir even more discussion and have the leak living longer.

-Is so complicated to even fathom being fake by many, many people because the way it arrived on the internet and all of this info totally goes against Occam's Razor.
This is entirely subjective.

My friend, the point is, all of this HAS TO WORK IN TANDEM with each other. Its a very, VERY complicated leak if fake. Zero actual, damaging holes have been found for it, and thats my point. Everything works too well together.

Its much much simpler to explain why its real over why its fake, and you are proving my point, as every single one of your answers are the result of you seeing the leak already and coming to that conclusion after piecing together what the fanbase has put together already. Try and make up something this complicated on your own and have it be argued by millions of people on the internet for over 4 days now.

Don't you see how ridiculous it is for someone to say that its fake because someone can logically do all this without messing up a hitch? This would be, by far, the most complicated fake anyone has ever staged if its all just "fake"

Last edited:

Confirmation

Smash Ace
If I were to ask you to cut/obscure a name out of a picture, what would you do? Most people would either crop it out entirely or block it with a simple, solid color. The leak, for some ungodly reason, used some sort of transparency alongside a solid color. I could be wrong (Photoshop people, please step in), but that seems like it would be far more effort for something less effective than a simple crop job making the half ***** obscurification seem deliberate. Making it appear as breadcrumbs were left on purpose to reach a conclusion.
I suppose we could look at the receipt which was blanked out in a similar manner and see if we could reach any conclusions from that.

VGPhaze

Smash Apprentice
NNID
philms91
3DS FC
2664-2113-7159
With the changes present in the background becoming displayed better by people, I think generally the attitude is shifting towards fake, as there's no sensible reason as to why Nintendo would make changes like that. Can't really justify it.

Now it doesn't debunk the thing because it's still possible Nintendo would make those changes for no real reason we are currently aware of, but its not likely
Makes sense. I was originally pretty convinced it was real but my doubts have grown fairly considerably.

I’ll be fine with it either way. If it’s real we’ll get all those hype characters. If it’s fake, this was one hell of a leak and we have a pretty fun and rediculous story to look back on.

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord
Posting this again. We have been talking in circles all day. If want some productive results someone please do the following:

Print the E3 background out on a sheet of paper like in the leak.

Then test it by actually using Snapchat. Not filters through different programs. Snapchat itself. If the background is the same like some are suggesting, we should be able to recreate similar results.

Try different phones if we can to see if theres a difference.

Wambo

Smash Ace
Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku asked me for my predictions, the least Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku could do is look at my response and like it!
They can do what they want. That doesn't give you the right to fly off the handle and start being toxic to everyone. Nobody likes a dude who starts typing in all caps and starts calling people neckbeards. That doesn't get you friends or attention on here.

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Some food for thought: When are these characters supposed to be announced? Isaac, Geno, Banjo, Mach Rider, Chorus Kids. Assuming Shadow is an echo, that's 5 unique characters. 5 characters that need reveal trailers.

Sakurai said there were not going to be constant trailers right up to release. So let's assume they would all have to be announced at the same time. The average Nintendo Direct is 30-35 minutes. Let's say each character trailer would be approximately 90 seconds. That's over 7 minutes of trailers. After that Sakurai would need to talk about each character including echoes for at least 2 minutes each. Let's split the difference and say each echo is 1 minute.

That's almost 20 minutes dedicated to trailers and explanation. Now take second and tell me if that sounds realistic.
We've had a 40+ minute Smash Direct, which wasn't even the final one, for 4
Big mistake assuming this Direct would have to be 30-35

Sakurai absolutely does not need to discuss every character. He just has to announce them all.

SevenGameSet

Smash Apprentice
For anyone thinking the Grinch leak is false because Incineroar isn't there:

Mewtwo wasn't in the ESRB leak, and there were people rejecting it because of that. Mewtwo got in as DLC. Incineroar will too.
I'm pretty sure there's a difference between insiders telling us something is fake and fanboys rejecting anything that doesn't have to do with their character

Team Real personally

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
The moderation is working on the situation. Please do not respond to someone who is tag-spamming/flaming/trolling. Just ignore them and move on. It's less for us to clean up.

This also applies to various ****posts(like the Steve? spam).

D

Deleted member

The last direct has already been confirmed to be longer than the Director's Cut Lord of the Rings films. 20 minutes is nothing.

Aerospherology

Smash Lord

It'll probably be longer than the average. It's probably the last one before release!

T3Z3R1

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5579-0990-8199
Geez, why is some people replying to nothing?

unignores
Sees that it was that dude I just ignored few weeks eariler
Reignores

All right then, still ignoring that guy then.

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
he’s been trolling yall for like the past hour with wrestling references and inside terms so he’s probably still in character tbh
Wrestling is life.. And its something I love with a passion, so watch it.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Some food for thought: When are these characters supposed to be announced? .
Currently, the rumored November 8 date is the goalpost.

We've had a 40+ minute Smash Direct, which wasn't even the final one, for 4
Big mistake assuming this Direct would have to be 30-35

Sakurai absolutely does not need to discuss every character. He just has to announce them all.
Yes, we've already seen one particular case or two not being discussed by him in a Direct this time. :ultkrool::ultisabelle:

D

Deleted member

No they've offered explanations.

-Taken on Snapchat and leaked on accident
Because you're believing that makes it more valid, aren't you? We don't even know if it was on accident. If fake, this was obviously staged. This just makes it more plausible.

Not sure I understand the question.

-An actual person associated with that snapchat, with an actual Linkedin account that is years old, and actual ties to multiple companies that do print/display work exactly like the leak, along with using Autocad to set up these displays
Simple frame job. Was unaware of him actually being associated with that snapchat to be fair, but my point stands. You can find anyone on Linkedin.

-Said leak contains promotional artwork for something not even associated with Smash, like....why?
Because IT MAKES IT MORE PLAUSIBLE, as I can tell looking at your post. It's going to stir even more discussion and have the leak living longer.

-Is so complicated to even fathom being fake by many, many people because the way it arrived on the internet and all of this info totally goes against Occam's Razor.
This is entirely subjective.
>Occam's Razor is subjective

I blame post-modern education.

Sergeant_Snivy

Smash Rookie

This time could be cut down by having a character or two be revealed in a trailer at the very end of the direct, as the previous two characters revealed like that (Ridley and K. Rool) didn't get their movesets broken down within their respective directs. There could also be a character not revealed until some time after the direct as a last surprise before release.

IcyBrawler

Smash Apprentice
Not that it matters, but I had a thought. Look at the Smash site character page: https://www.smashbros.com/en_US/fighter/index.html

So I doubt that it matters, but there are 2 empty slots. Giving how perfect the site is right now with everything else, they would want this page to look so to, right? 2 characters fits perfectly, so does 5, then 8, then 11, etc. But 11 and beyond is too much.

I find this kinda interesting because the box theory suggested only 2 character are left, so that works. The newest leak suggests 7 characters + there is speculation that Incineroar is in also. That would be 8, which also works.

Don't know what I'm getting at here, but that's that.

SmashingXan2

Smash Journeyman

Each character would not get explanations. Ridley, Daisy, K.Rool, and Isabelle didnt until after the direct (or none at all), and Chrom and Dark Samus got 1 minute together for explanation

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
The moderation is working on the situation. Please do not respond to someone who is tag-spamming/flaming/trolling. Just ignore them and move on. It's less for us to clean up.

This also applies to various ****posts(like the Steve? spam).
I have to ask; what's the most spectacular account suicide you've seen? What just went down in this thread is up there for me, almost on the level of this (WARNING, NSFW IS AN UNDERSTATEMENT):

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom