• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I find it funny when people say folks like myself don't want this to be real.

It's like they've already forgotten the most staunch defender of the sassy one that never was.

So very few /want/ this to be fake but would you rather be team fake and be VERY PLEASANTLY surprised or team real and have a good chance at disappointment?
I'm gonna win either way...
If it's real, I get Chorus Kids
If it's fake, I get Incineroar

Last edited:

Confirmation

Smash Ace
It's weird that every single insider seems to be stuck on Incineroar, that everyone Mystic talked to were adamant on Incineroar, that Stealth said ages back in response to Vergeben that everyone knew about Incineroar, yet we've seen absolutely nothing tangible in regards to him being in the game.

It feels like half of Nintendo knows Incineroar is in but inexplicably hasn't leaked a thing.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
If this leak is real, all of us should show respect to the Grinch, by seeing his new movie...
I think it's a fair deal
I already was going to. I don't care for who's making it, but it looks pretty humorous. Also its bringing back the Screaming Goat meme, which I heavily approve of. And that Grinch remix is ****ing dope.

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
Honestly, Incineroar would make sense as leak bait.

1. He’s a starter, making him one of the most visible and widely known Pokémon by default
2. On the anime Ash has a Torracat which may evolve soon.
3. The last new Pokémon rep had both of those qualities (although Greninja was picked before he was on the anime I’m sure he pushed to be in smash because of their future plans)
4. There is at least one new Pokémon with every new smash.

All of best would make him seem like a shoe in for the roster even without physical or visible evidence.

It would be a really easy red herring to sell. No pun intended.

The conspiracy theorist in me wants to think Nintendo gave out incineroar as not only leak bait but also as a way to hurt some leakers’ credibility. Thus killing future leaks from gaining too much traction. Probably not though.
Those points make it seem less likely to me honestly. Considering how controlling TPC is of their property why would they want to drag the pokemon they wanted to push through the mud for the sake of screwing with leakers?

Chrollo.

fka president wario
Example: I forget which one it was exactly, but an insider came out an basically said he was confident that it was fake. Like 24 hours later he come out and said that it could actually be real, the thing is 50/50 and even admitted that "Smash leaks are uncharted territory"
You’re referring to Mystic with this, but Mystic didn’t say it was fake. He was sure it was real, then he went 50/50 after a bunch of people contacted him with different information.

"All 7 banner characters have been heard/seen but can't be confirmed."
Where's this from?
And where's your example from?
Pretty sure they’re referring to PapaGenos’ source saying that his source heard about all the characters on the mural but couldn’t confirm any of them but Banjo

Last edited:

ChronoKatie

Smash Journeyman
NNID
cocobrien
Switch FC
7004 2762 0628
Aside from Incineroar being DLC, is there any reason whatsoever that a company would have promotional material for a not-final, but still super close to final version of the banner, especially so late in the game?

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
Aside from Incineroar being DLC, is there any reason whatsoever that a company would have promotional material for a not-final, but still super close to final version of the banner, especially so late in the game?
Nope, the banner is nothing but a mere photoshop fake.

Last edited:

Darkraid

Smash Champion
I think that's the base roster

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Uh... hate to burst you're bubble buddy, but with all of the uncertainty with Incineroar, even if this leak is false, that doesn't mean Incineroar is a lock.
If the leak is false Incineroar is in.
People are only uncertain because of the leak possibly being true.
Let's not fool ourselves here.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Odds, schmodds. They didn't pull a character out of a hat at random to reveal. They deliberately picked Isabelle to tie her Smash reveal in with the Animal Crossing 2019 reveal. Besides, it would just be stupid for them to reveal a character not already present in an internal build of the game. It's pretty much impossible to make gameplay footage of a character who's still on the drawing board.
That brings us to the question about why Incineroar is not in the mural, and why eight fighters are being saved for the last minute. If we are getting Incineroar in addition to the seven mural characters, that means Ultimate added 24 characters that were not in Smash 4, the same amount of characters that Smash 4 added in that were not in Brawl WITH DLC counted (I am adding Dr. Mario, Mewtwo, and Roy as part of characters that were not in Brawl).

Fortnite4Smash

Smash Apprentice
What is happening to Omni? This feels like reading the whole Etika situation all over again. Is this leak making people crazy or something?
tbf his mentions are pretty toxic
Tons of people.

I'm not particularly fond of Incineroar, but I'd still buy it.
Eh, idk, I'd buy it too probably cause I dont wanna miss out on any characters... I feel like I have a new born bias against him cause he's currently being used to debunk the leak lol

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
Something that might not matter in the end but may be a point against the leak is this Sakurai quote:

-From Source Gaming

Granted, it's about "Everyone is Here!"/E3, but it's possible they'll have this approach for the whole game, only printing what's absolutely necessary, and since we're so close to release, idk what they could need a printed banner for, unless it's the final banner. All the insiders saying Incineroar make me question the whole thing. Why would a random printing company have an incomplete banner?
I'd still say this, If Sakurai was against printed Material for E3 for "Everyone is here" he absolutely would be against printed material for "Biggest Wish fulfillment roster ever" He's been absolutely clear that he's wanted to prevent leaks, so if this was his mentality for E3, I'd imagine it's been his mentality for the whole development process.

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
Can we please take a moment to feel bad for Sakurai? I mean, what I'm trying to say is, if it's true then I feel very bad for Sakurai. I'm sure he and the team has prepared character surprises, but now that the image is out, the surprise is no longer very high/present.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
I'd still say this, If Sakurai was against printed Material for E3 for "Everyone is here" he absolutely would be against printed material for "Biggest Wish fulfillment roster ever" He's been absolutely clear that he's wanted to prevent leaks, so if this was his mentality for E3, I'd imagine it's been his mentality for the whole development process.
Yet the printed material for this roster would reflect the final one they can 100% market.
I think in this case it's possible for him to put marketing above leaks.

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
If the leak is false Incineroar is in.
People are only uncertain because of the leak possibly being true.
Let's not fool ourselves here.
Not really. Incineroar could be leak bait either way. Or sources could just be incorrect.

Heck, he could have even been cut like Antman was from MvC:I.

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Can we please take a moment to feel bad for Sakurai? I mean, what I'm trying to say is, if it's true then I feel very bad for Sakurai. I'm sure he and the team has prepared character surprises, but now that the image is out, the surprise is no longer very high/present.
If it's real or fake him and the dev team will be absolutely LOADED and know they did a-ok as evidenced by the 10/10 reviews this game will get from probably every major publication
I'm not too worried for the gang

Chrollo.

fka president wario
Honestly, if this is fake I still don’t know why go all this lengths to make a leak but NOT include Incineroar who’s heavily rumored? I mean you included Ken, why not Incineroar?

Kirbunny431

Smash Journeyman
Conversely, Nintendo needs to sell its game, and printed materials are a must to some degree. Plus they could've easily avoided a leak like this (if true) by simply revealing the characters in a timely manner. Yet with each passing day, we get closer to some random guy leaking information before Sakurai can reveal it his way.

monadoboy

Smash Lord
I swear if it turns out to be true, its the best roster for a fighting game in history
I don't think it needs any other character than the ones we have for that. Pikachu, Pac-Man, Mario, Link, Sonic, Cloud, Snake and Ryu in one game is unbelievably amazing as is.

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
The image is a fake anyway so..

Last edited:

Wiziliz

Smash Journeyman
Whenever I'm feeling down about the fact that Virginben could be the victor, I remember the Golden Sun item. That pretty much confirms Isaac, which makes the Grinch's early present chances of being real much more likely.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Unlikely in this scenario, but for an event that occurs after all but the last character is revealed.
That's what the straw I grasped from the "any reason whatsoever" jar says

Not the scenario, I'd think.
With that said, I wonder if I could eventually come up with the evidence that explains the leak banner AND Incineroar being in the game :denzel:
Maybe I'll give it a go later.

TVDart

Smash Apprentice
In the end I really wish people could just be on a side but skeptical of their own "team" rather than taking a side and fighting anyone who doesn't agree with them. We don't know anything, and we're not going to know anything until the next reveal. It's very bad and toxic behavior that leads to flame wars. Whether you're on Team Fake, Team Real, or Team Undecided, just be nice to everyone, because we're all entitled to our opinions, and stay skeptic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom