• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

There's several more assumptions. Let me see if I can be more clear.
-There is no evidence the leaker is this person
-There is no evidence the snap was taken at the company he works for
-There is no evidence the leaker has any relation to him
Please correct me on any of those if I'm wrong.
-There is evidence that the leaker is this person. The fact that his name is on the video that took the leak.
-Yes there is, there in fact an image floating around that compares APC's workflow from their training video on their website, to some of the draft sheets seen on the desk.
-Any relation to whom? This question doesn't make any sense.

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294
Welp, I think I'm gonna take a break from Smashboards for now...
This discussion has been nothing but back and forth "It's fake, and here's why...", and "It's real, here's why..."

I'm just gonna wait until we get some new info. Unless it's NieR.

If anything related to 2B or NieR in any way comes up, @ me. That is, only if I don't get summoned automatically.
I'm right there with ya man, I think probably gonna spend my time elsewhere for awhile too.

All the speculation started off pretty fun, especially after the long drought we've had, but arguments keep going in circles at this point. It's become a vicious cycle, and once again it seems like everyone's at each other's throats. It's hard not feel burnt out, so I think I'm just gonna take a break until the next direct is announced and just let what happens happen.

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
Im unwatching this thread.. Its just too crazy here, and I have better things to do than waste my time with aguements over bogus leaks that are fake news.

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
only if mach rider gets in haha

sometimes im wrong about stuff when i speculate, sometimes right when i speculate, just like anyone else.

but this is really more about sources and this source is brand new to me, so my "accuracy" on predicting things through this chain of info has never happened before. but i guess we'll find out lol
I'ma put it all on black

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
So... not for nothing but does Papa have a track record of accuracy?
I would vouch for Papagenos that he probably isn't lying but his source could be. And as others have the fact that it's a second hand source only makes it more sketchy.

But yeah this is the first time Papagenos has had something to leak and it's from an anonymous source that has no track record or provided evidence, so it really shouldn't even be considered when compared to every other insider. I really don't like when people say some insiders are for the Grinch leak when really it's just this single undetermined anonymous source, but eh what can I do?

majora_787

Smash Hero
This Occam's Razor stuff is starting to feel like a bunch of people are putting ACTUAL razors in my eyes. Thanks.

D

Deleted member

If that's the case then the "50 year old man who likes Smash is unlikely" argument doesn't apply here since this 50 year old guy already has a Snapchat to begin with.
Having a Snapchat, and being a Smash fan are two totally differnt things. I don't understand your reasoning behind why using Snapchat means you're a Smash fan or how either is even related. Plenty of people who don't care for Smash use Snapchat every day. And the majority of you here have never even used Snapchat at all.

Your logic doesn't make any sense.

Last edited by a moderator:

Union of Darkness

Smash Ace
-There is evidence that the leaker is this person. The fact that his name is on the video that took the leak.
-Yes there is, there in fact an image floating around that compares APC's workflow from their training video on their website, to some of the draft sheets seen
-That means actually nothing
-I wasn't aware of that. I'd like to see the source for this.

LetterO

Smash Lord
I really hope Spirits is a story mode with cutscenes. I need the holy trio of Dedede, Luigi, and Ness to return.

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
Cant wait till we see the rest of the roster for Super Smash Bros Ultimate so looking forward to seeing characters such as Medusa, Incineroar, Geno, Isaac, Shadow, Elma, Dixie all in this game.. Especially Medusa and Isaac!

Oh yes Medusa and Isaac are indeed going to be my favorite newcomers along with King K Rool.

But Im done speculating over these stupid leaks, so till next time peace.

Last edited:

Shawksta

Smash Apprentice
So apparently Emily Rogers chimed in and said she doesn’t buy the leak and others shouldn’t either.

Look Emily, your a great person, but you can’t just show up after contributing absolutely nothing since Ultimate’s reveal and suddenly think you can call this on your merit.

Your entitled to it, of course, it’s your own opinion. Just don’t expect any sudden following when you waited days after this happened.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
You know what's weird about this leak? It takes mental gymnastics to believe it's fake, and it also takes mental gymnastics to believe it's real. Either way it's crazy. On the subject of Occam's razor, I don't think it really applies here. Both positions require a similar amount of assumptions. Neither is really a simpler option than the other.
I liked your comment but I honestly have to ask.

Why does it take mental gymnastics to believe its real? It looks exactly as how its presented to be: An employee at a french printing company took pictures he shouldn't have. The person, company and company function exists. That's exactly how its being presented, unless people are going to start saying that what I'm seeing isn't true reality lol.

Last edited:

sam☆jam

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MiracleJeanacle
3DS FC
1032-1249-3789
Has anyone ever asked why a fake leaker would show a faulty background picture? I mean, if I would be able to redraw it, draw all the characters, assemble them and make a fake mock up, I would never show my background which I had to guess parts off just to be proven false because of it.

No, I would just show my finished mural with my leaked characters, make it a post and just would throw it out. This bugged me for a very long time. If you had to guess parts of the empty mural, why show it in your leak if you literally can leak a picture of anything you want.
That confused me as well. Has this been addressed by anyone? If the artist didn’t have a reference to fill in the gaps, that’s something to hide, not show off. Did he think there would never be a clean image to compare his work to?

D

Deleted member

-That means actually nothing
-I wasn't aware of that. I'd like to see the source for this.
-It means everything. It means he's the most likely culprit of the leak. Thus far, there's been nothing to come up that clears him from being the guy who did it. Doubly so when you consider that the leak had to be taken from the phone of someone name Eric Bricard.
-You're gonna have to ask around it on 4chan or Reddit. I know, burden of proof is on me and all that, but I don't save every image regarding this leak. It's been making the rounds, I'm sure if you ask people on /v/, you'll find it. If that's not conclusive enough for you, then I'll concede. I don't feel like going through the trouble of digging it up for a pointless argument that will in all likelihood be proven right in less than 2 weeks. It's out there though if you're really so inclined.

MashedPotatoUltimate

Smash Apprentice
I'm new to this site so i'm not sure if this has been discussed yet but has anyone actually found a full body promotional Grinch 2018 image to go along with the leak? I just began looking at that part of the snapchat more closely and did research only to find promo images above the head or chest

it's a render I just haven't seen before as of yet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom