• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenn

Smash Cadet
GameXplain just now made it video about the 32 player mode. Looks like they're skipping right over the Grinch leaked, it's not been delayed for a bigger video or anything

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
YO, SOMEONE LEAK SMASH ULTIMATE EXTRAVAGANZA!! :O

Jk:troll:
But it is a very Funny Parody indeed lol
:079:But still hilarious nonetheless lol.

I wish the guy who made the video would have added an extra part where after they say Smash Ultimate is cancelled, they announce "Super Smash Bros for Wii U Switch Edition". That would have been the perfect way to end the video.

Last edited:

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
> Nintendo sends [third party company] clips of their character(s) interacting with other characters/items/etc. and performing actions to keep them up to date, similar to the footage sent to the ESRB back during that leak.

> One of these reels of gameplay footage leaks out, showing Incineraor performing various attacks.

> Insiders mistakenly claim Incineroar will be playable when he is in fact a Poke Ball summon, since we know Assist Trophy and Poke Ball summons can now do much more actions than in previous games; Knuckles has been shown airdodging for example.

How I think every insider claims Incineroar is in the game if this leak is real.
Wait wait what? Where did we see that? Can someone get me a video of Knuckles airdodging please?

RandomAce

Smash Champion
I hate the argument that this rumor is "too fanservicey". Sakurai brought Ridley and King K. Rool because of fan demand, and brought back every character which Sakurai SAID he did because "we believe that's what fans want", and you're telling me he wouldn't add another 3 fan demanded characters in the form of Geno, Isaac, and Banjo?
You’re forgetting the most important thing...

Sakurai literally said “I referred to the Smash Ballot when selecting characters this time...”

The fact that Sakurai is using more popular characters for the roster this time and that Geno, Isaac, and Banjo & Kazooie all fit that bill is what basically nullifies the “too much fanservice” argument and is an extra point to the leak.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
incineroar feels like a character that was already speculated enough that I feel nintendo wouldnt use them as leakbait, theyd likely go for less common but still applicable choices like buzzwole or sceptile
just my opinion though
I think you have that backwards.

Most people only started seriously discussing Incineroar in relation to Smash after leakers like Vergeben both highlighted him and cut down the competition.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
incineroar feels like a character that was already speculated enough that I feel nintendo wouldnt use them as leakbait, theyd likely go for less common but still applicable choices like buzzwole or sceptile
just my opinion though
Incineroar was like 4th in the queue when it came to Pokémon reps, Decidueye, Mimikyu and Lycanroc were the favorites. I'm not sure I believe he's leakbait, but he would be ideal for the role, not a character that was widely assumed to be in or featured in a lot of fake leaks, but not unbelievable either.

D

Deleted member

I just wanna know how the **** Spawn Wave is so confident in a Game Awards reveal. Literally no other insider is saying anything about that, but these same insiders broke the news about 2 Nintendo Directs when Spawn knew about this 4 weeks ago. He HAS to know something we don't, he always does somehow.

Plus, how the hell he's gotten insanely good sources that EVEN OTHER PEOPLE use to try and get notoriety from? Like, you can tell that aside from every other insider, at least Spawn tries to be humble about it. But being humble for having what practically is an Undertaker-esque streak of getting everything right in some way shape or form this year is what makes me so astounded and on Team Real for Sora @ The Game Awards.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Of the characters from that fake banner leak.. Isaac and Geno are cool, but the rest are nothing but a bunch of worthless jobbers to beat up on, and yes I would totally bury them for they are not Iconic enough to hang with The Elite.
I'd take the Chorus Kids and Mach Rider over Medusa any and every day of the week.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
No flipping way Geno or Banjo is likelier than Isaac my dude. With all the evidence for Isaac, he's in another league in terms of probability.

There is a SE rep according to credible sources but it doesn't have to be him per se although chances are it's him.
Lmao I actually forgot Issac was in the leak.

I could honestly see it come down to banjo or issac. Alternatively it could be geno or issac if the square character verge heard about is actually the rumored Sora DLC.

So he could realistically lose or beat either of the two third parties imo.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
I just wanna know how the **** Spawn Wave is so confident in a Game Awards reveal. Literally no other insider is saying anything about that, but these same insiders broke the news about 2 Nintendo Directs when Spawn knew about this 4 weeks ago. He HAS to know something we don't, he always does somehow.

Plus, how the hell he's gotten insanely good sources that EVEN OTHER PEOPLE use to try and get notoriety from? Like, you can tell that aside from every other insider, at least Spawn tries to be humble about it. But being humble for having what practically is an Undertaker-esque streak of getting everything right in some way shape or form this year is what makes me so astounded and on Team Real for Sora @ The Game Awards.
We have found a new bride for Tots, forget Scott

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
So, we have...
Vergeben (claiming Incineroar is still in) / GameExplain / Emily Roger / Ryce /Mystic / Spawn-Wave / The whole ResetEra staff

Vs

One Grinchy boi

Vs

One Cardboard box

Who win?

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Of the characters from that fake banner leak.. Isaac and Geno are cool, but the rest are nothing but a bunch of worthless jobbers to beat up on, and yes I would totally bury them for they are not Iconic enough to hang with The Elite.
Mach Rider, Banjo, and Chorus Kids not iconic enough?
Really?
If you ask me, they are among the few remaining Nintendo icons who have yet to appear in Smash...

Last edited:

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
The April 2014 Direct was almost 40 minutes long, Nintendo knows everyone's willing to stick around for long periods of time as long as they're fed enough information.

Should this be true (I'm at 60% real 40% fake now) Sakurai wanting to have another big blowout doesn't surprise me. Did you see the smiles he had at the E3 Invitational? He lives to make us (and himself) happy and will gladly try to pull it off as many times as he can.
I wouldn't be surprised if the next Direct was two hours long. It'd certainly explain why we've gotten nothing for all of October — they've been putting this mammoth info-dump together for over a month.

Uh, so, teching FSs might be a thing now. Interesting, but I guess we won't see this too much.
Yeah, I imagine that the sheer velocity of Final Smash knockback makes successfully teching them a Herculean feat of timing and reflexes.

(Wait, teching a Final Smash was actually flat-out impossible before? Not just so phenomenally difficult that it might as well be impossible?)

Last edited:

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
How is someone supposed to frame Eric if his name was on the top left of the Snapchat video? (Where it shows who the video was taken by.)

I’m not talking about the nametag, like the actual bitmoji and name are on every picture or video taken by Snapchat.

I don’t buy the framing Eric thing, it doesn’t really prove anything for any side, but it’s just a weird nitpick I have with some of these arguments.

Unless you think the entire video is a fake and it’s just an image framed like a Snapchat video.
I mean, It really wouldn't be hard to change your name on Snap Chat, would it?

Either way, the reason for people thinking it's a frame job is because the name looks intentionally visible. There are far easier, less effort ways to remove the name. Blacking it out in the way it was done in the leak actually takes a bit of effort.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
So, we have...
Vergeben (claiming Incineroar is still in) / GameExplain / Emily Roger / Ryce /Mystic / Spawn-Wave / The whole ResetEra staff

Vs

One Grinchy boi

Vs

One Cardboard box

Who win?
Cardboard box is already out mayne you know this
Also putting Mystic here is misleading and Spawn hasn't ruled it out

D

Deleted member

Why wouldn’t Nintendo go for Incineroar? The most speculated character makes for the best bait if Nintendo wants to out untrustworthy employees within their midst.
Because Incineroar wasn't the most speculated Pokémon until recent months.

That's what makes the whole idea of Incineroar being chosen as bait seem strange and insulting.
If they were to pick anyone for bait, they would have gone with Decidueye, who was the most speculated Pokémon for quite some time.

Last edited by a moderator:

majora_787

Smash Hero
I've actually wondered about a large reveal happening in november. I'm honestly wondering if it could be something OTHER than five different reveal trailers, since the way Sakurai worded his statement (IIRC, something like 'the appearance of the entire roster') makes me really just kind of wonder. I feel like that carries implications for possible extremely late character reveals, or some characters just not getting coverage - maybe not even a reveal trailer.

Confirmation

Smash Ace
So, we have...

Vs

One Grinchy boi

Vs

One Cardboard box

Who win?
I think everyone here will lose and Sakurai will emerge from the shadows, slow-clapping.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
So, we have...

Vs

One Grinchy boi

Vs

One Cardboard box

Who win?
The fans.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
hahahahahahahahaha
Thank you, Zakk, very cool!
We'll put this post on the fridge for you lil buddy.

So, we have...

Vs

One Grinchy boi

Vs

One Cardboard box

Who win?

Me. I can't wait to see the dramatic conclusion.

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
Mach Rider, Banjo, and Chorus Kids not iconic enough?
Really?
If you ask me, the are among the few remaining Nintendo icons who have yet to appear in Smash...
Mach Rider, Banjo, and Chorus Kids should have a dancing gimmick, especially considering they are good for nothing but being squashed like jobbers when they get these hands.

tveye

Smash Journeyman
What is even the point of this post.

Chrollo.

fka president wario
So, we have...

Vs

One Grinchy boi

Vs

One Cardboard box

Who win?
kirby because he’s in every single scenario and can destroy a planet with one punch

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
So, we have...

Vs

One Grinchy boi

Vs

One Cardboard box

Who win?
After all these insiders coming out and saying more than just Incineroar I'm fully done with box theory, which feels nice.

Defintely not on board with Grinch Leak though. Honestly debating lurking on Smashboards for the next week or two until a direct announcment or some other info drop/leak. Just cycling through stuff at this point.

NotLiquid

Smash Lord
Not believing this leak doesn't mean you have to believe in box theory, btw

Most insiders seem to be suggesting that we're getting more than just box theory characters anyway

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Mach Rider, Banjo, and Chorus Kids should have a dancing gimmick, especially considering they are good for nothing but being squashed like jobbers when they get these hands.
Okay, calm down buddy... Let's not get too mad over a leak that hasn't even been confirmed to be real yet...
for all we know, this could be a very well done fake...

ButterGeek

Smash Apprentice
Not leak-related, but I saw that Bayo has a Jeanne alt, so Jeanne as an Echo is deconfirmed, at least for base game, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom