• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rummy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dr.Rummy
Switch FC
7820-4094-4523
Ok but really tho

If this leak WERE real, why haven’t the Nintenjas done anything about even the reposts yet? The ESRB leak’s videos were claimed by Nintendo super fast
If they show signs of Damage Controlling, it will be a heavy signal for the leak.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Ok but really tho

If this leak WERE real, why haven’t the Nintenjas done anything about even the reposts yet? The ESRB leak’s videos were claimed by Nintendo super fast
Because you just said it yourself. ESRB had videos. This is not a video. They cannot shut it down nearly as easily.

Chrollo.

fka president wario
That's why Incineroar being bait is plausible to me
I'm not sure why Nintendo would have ANY Smash character be as publicly acknowledged by leakers as Incineroar
In all fairness Ridley was stated to be an open secret by insiders too, but I agree that Incineroar is way too public that I doubt Nintendo would let that happen.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
If there's one thing I'm glad about, the Box Theory is most likely dead. That dadblasted thing made discussion such a downward bore for over a month and I'm ready to see the full thing, however it looks.

I've heard some people say search results are being removed, but generally Nintendo only acts if it's video footage. Image leaks are pretty much impossible to purge in this day and age.
If they did delete the post, it will probably cause more suspicion and strengthens the leak.
If they show signs of Damage Controlling, it will be a heavy signal for the leak.
None of this is really valid
They took down ESRB
BUT /ONLY/ after the videos were released

The real reason imo is simply because there's no videos

Confirmation

Smash Ace
Ok but really tho

I'd say it's easy to take a video off YouTube. Taking a freakin' image down? Good luck.

Untouch

Smash Master
I cant think of any square enic character that isnt sora, geno a dq character or MAYBE lara

NotLiquid

Smash Lord
Emily Rogers might have flubbed Mother 3 ways back but she's otherwise had a good track record, particularly this year. Hell, as far as I'm aware she's the first one to have alluded to Smash Bros. title being Ultimate.

If she says it's fake I don't have much reason not to trust her.

T3Z3R1

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5579-0990-8199
probably because Incineroar is "public knowledge" at this point.
I'm not sure why Nintendo would have ANY Smash character be as publicly acknowledged by leakers as Incineroar
Didn't Verge leaked the incieneroar first? He was literally in every fake leaks after Verge mentioned him. And It's not surprising to see some insiders denying the Grinch Leak due to potential that they were told iniceneroar was in from their sources and then their source went dead silence, which is why we hasn't heard any new leaks from verge other than incieneroar.

Think that Nintendo managed to got hold of their sources second they gave out incieneroar's name to insiders? But I'm not sure on this **** man.

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
Honestly that partly wouldn't make sense to me because of one major thing. The Pokemon Company. They tend to be very controlling of their property to the point they don't like having their announcements in the same direct as others.
This situation would mean that not only are they ok with not having their latest gen repped, which doesn't mesh well with prior games, and that they would be ok with having one of their characters be used as a red herring. Which again imo seems to be something they wouldn't like considering how controlling of their IP they are.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
In all fairness Ridley was stated to be an open secret by insiders too, but I agree that Incineroar is way too public that I doubt Nintendo would let that happen.
Such an open secret that almost no-one came out about him.
When the character is openly being used as a point that's different imo

I cant think of any square enic character that isnt sora, geno a dq character or MAYBE lara
No matter what people say there honestly isn't one that would suit Ultimate beyond those three. Not gonna really entertain Lara, I'm sure karma will bite me in the ass..

Didn't Verge leaked the incieneroar first? He was literally in every fake leaks after Verge mentioned him. And It's not surprising to see some insiders denying the Grinch Leak due to potential that they were told iniceneroar was in from their sources and then their source went dead silence, which is why we hasn't heard any new leaks from verge other than incieneroar.

Think that Nintendo managed to got hold of their sources second they gave out incieneroar's name to insiders? But I'm not sure on this **** man.
Verge was the first to leak Incineroar.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Regarding the insiders saying "where's Incineroar?"...

Anyone remember "Enjoy my good pal Shulk! ;)"?

(My point being that insiders can be half-right about these things.)

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Ok but really tho

Ok but really tho

A video can't be debunked easily.

However images that leak a real roster will always have people shouting fake and raising doubt, so Nintendo doesn't need to do anything about those.

Confirmation

Smash Ace
Emily Rogers might have flubbed Mother 3 ways back but she's otherwise had a good track record, particularly this year. Hell, as far as I'm aware she's the first one to have alluded to Smash Bros. title being Ultimate.

If she says it's fake I don't have much reason not to trust her.
Didn't Loz do so as well? I know there were a few mentions of ultimate iirc

StarLight42

Smash Lord
If the leak ends up true and Chorus Kids really do get in, well... I may actually have to swallow my pride and say Gematsu was probably real.

My main reason for doubting it was the whole Chrom/Robin situation.

I still don't understand how Sakurai only pondered the idea of Chrom for a short while then went straight to working on Robin yet Chrom is somehow the character that ended up on the leak.

Nevertheless, the RH character icon leftover data in Smash Wii U is very suspicious.

It's kind of surreal that we may have the entire Gematsu squad playable in this game. Can't wait for the memes.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
There's a side of me that kind of wants the new trailers to be put on the website with no formal announcements. I have friends who would call and wake me up in the dead of night if a Geno trailer dropped. It'd be like the Brawl days, waking up and checking your phone in your half state of consciousness only for your eyes to explode out of your head when you see a new character.

NotLiquid

Smash Lord
I get Emily gets stuff wrong, but she also literally was the only person to leak the game's title and the general size of the roster (I'd have to double check if she said no cuts, I don't think she said exactly).

Idk I'm not saying she's worth trusting, but when adding everyone else it seems weird again to discredit someone who was right about something about Ultimate specifically. (I mean, Vergeben didn't have a 100% track record but we trusted him for Ultimate)
She said she expected few cuts, if any, and emphasized how they were going to position that as a big deal given how Smash usually gets cuts between games.

While she usually keeps to herself, her Smash info has been accurate.

Last edited:

Wambo

Smash Ace
Can we please talk about the fact that Spooky Mystic flat-out said the leak was real and was suddenly approached by insiders shills, and now he doesn't know what to think? And all these sources had conflicting information with Incineroar being the only connection? This is like some "ONE OF US. ONE OF US."-type ****.

So hey, Spooky, what did they tell ya?

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
She said she expected few cuts, if any, and emphasized how they were going to position that as a big deal given how Smash usually gets cuts between games.

While she usually keeps to herself, her Smash info has been accurate.
My point in this is that Emily is NOT someone to rely on here
Plenty of other insiders who have come out against it who didn't "leak" Mother 3 coming like 3 times lol

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Regarding the insiders saying "where's Incineroar?"...

Anyone remember "Enjoy my good pal Shulk! ;)"?

(My point being that insiders can be half-right about these things.)
Those two don't correlate at all.

Sal romano had 100 percent right info. He didn't know reveal dates though so he guessed shulk would be the special video, which was wrong, but it didn't matter when he was right in the end anyway.

Chrollo.

fka president wario
It might be off topic but Mother 3 is mentioned wayyy too much by Insiders to be fake. I mean, maybe Nintendo gets a kick out of baiting leakers with Mother 3, but I feel like they’re just being weird about whether or not to release it.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Can we please talk about the fact that Spooky Mystic flat-out said the leak was real and was suddenly approached by insiders shills, and now he doesn't know what to think? And all these sources had conflicting information with Incineroar being the only connection? This is like some "ONE OF US. ONE OF US."-type ****.

So hey, Spooky, what did they tell ya?
It's almost like upon releasing this to the public numerous sources came to him with new info as they were unaware of his contacts before

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
For me, the best result is if the Banner leak was half real, half fake. Like some elements in and some not.

That way their would still be surprises left in store. And on a selfish note, maybe some of my most wanted still have a shot lol.

NineS

Smash Lord
Basically, her fundamental combat in Nier Automata is insanely fast paced with huge far-reaching attacks on top of potent ranged weaponry.
Imagine trying to put Bayonetta into Street Fighter.

compared to
Characters like Bayonetta, 2B, Dante, and Raiden fit more in fighters that emphasize movement like MvC or anime fighters or heck, even Smash, where they're given more room to show off their flashy attacks.
For example, look at how well Dante fits in MvC's combat system:
Just wanted to drop in and leave this.
Square enix is really pushing for her in crossovers as of late.
And they've been doing a lot of NieR-themed things over in Japan for too.

I was already planning on getting this, but now I'm 100% sure going to get this.
**** SQUARE ENIX!

Last edited:

SonicMario

Smash Master
So, I know a lot of people have been saying "how on Earth can they show a minimum of 5 new character trailers in 6 weeks" when, if you think about it, Bowser Jr and Duck Hunt didn't get theirs' until after the 3DS version came out. Hell, they could just release them on the site if they wanted to. There's no hard rule that they have to all be attached to a Direct.
That's because they were secret characters though. This time we'll know the full base roster before launch.

Though yeah if all of them are going to be in one direct. They'll just all go up at once like with K. Rool & Simon back in August. The real question is if they really will have 5 uniques when they've never had more then 3 newcomers in any Smash announcement day since the 2006 Brawl trailer. (Well I guess in technicallies. Mii Fighters are 3 characters along with Palutena and Pac-Man. Though I think as an announcement themselves Mii Fighters still may count as just one newcomer even if they are actually 3 characters)

Some people have hyped they will want to have a big blow-out. And this would certainly be it if it's true. I'm just not completely sure that will be the plan. There's a lot other then characters and stages that we don't know about this game. And I don't mean just Spirits.

I would also like to clarify that I'm not on "Team Fake" or "Team Real" at this point. All I want to know is just the truth. I just see this as a court case currently, and only the coming Smash direct can bring the verdict down. My heart wants it to be real, my brain tells me there's enough to be skeptical though.

FallofBrawl

Smash Ace
How is someone supposed to frame Eric if his name was on the top left of the Snapchat video? (Where it shows who the video was taken by.)

I’m not talking about the nametag, like the actual bitmoji and name are on every picture or video taken by Snapchat.

I don’t buy the framing Eric thing, it doesn’t really prove anything for any side, but it’s just a weird nitpick I have with some of these arguments.

Unless you think the entire video is a fake and it’s just an image framed like a Snapchat video.

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
Of the characters from that fake banner leak.. Isaac and Geno are cool, but the rest are nothing but a bunch of worthless jobbers to beat up on, and yes I would totally bury them for they are not Iconic enough to hang with The Elite.

Last edited:

NotLiquid

Smash Lord
My point in this is that Emily is NOT someone to rely on here
Plenty of other insiders who have come out against it who didn't "leak" Mother 3 coming like 3 times lol
Emily wasn't the only one who mentioned Mother 3.

Not every "insider" is going to bat a hundred, but for this particular instance, she's been reliable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom