• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
For me, the best result is if the Banner leak was half real, half fake. Like some elements in and some not.

That way their would still be surprises left in store. And on a selfish note, maybe some of my most wanted still have a shot lol.
All I actually need is Geno and Shadow lol
Banjo would be an INCREDIBLY welcome surprise but I've never even considered him as being plausible
Geno and Shadow have been too much for me this cycle

If those 2 were all we got from this leak I'm good

KMDP

Smash Legend
Those two don't correlate at all.
Yes, they do.
Sal romano had 100 percent right info. He didn't know reveal dates though so he guessed shulk would be the special video, which was wrong, but it didn't matter when he was right in the end anyway.
That's my point.

If Incineroar is in in the end, then the insiders had correct info, they were just wrong about when it was happening.

EDIT: Sal Romano also got super over-confident and made himself look foolish when it turned out the next character wasn't Shulk.

Last edited:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Well seems that whoever said "there only one source" is wrong.
ResetEra post

Why do you think everyone has the same source?
Seems like, it's more insiders have different source that all end up having some same info

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
All I actually need is Geno and Shadow lol
Banjo would be an INCREDIBLY welcome surprise but I've never even considered him as being plausible
Geno and Shadow have been too much for me this cycle

If those 2 were all we got from this leak I'm good
For me it's Isaac, Banjo, Shadow, and Ken.

I don't give an arse about Geno, Rhythm Heaven, or Mach Rider lol.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Of the characters from that fake banner leak.. Isaac and Geno are cool, but the rest are nothing but a bunch of worthless jobbers to beat up on, and yes I would totally bury them for they are not Iconic enough to hang with The Elite.
Somebody explain to this guy that Banjo-Kazooie is in fact a bit more iconic than Medusa

Emily wasn't the only one who mentioned Mother 3.

Not every "insider" is going to bat a hundred, but for this particular instance, she's been reliable.
Good points.

Untouch

Smash Master
incineroar feels like a character that was already speculated enough that I feel nintendo wouldnt use them as leakbait, theyd likely go for less common but still applicable choices like buzzwole or sceptile
just my opinion though

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
No I don't

What is enjoy my good pal Shulk lol
Gematsu was on a roll following E3 2014 and his source said that the next character that was going to be revealed was Shulk back in July 2014. It wound up being Lucina and Robin, nuking the poor guy's reputation and probably forcing him to live in a cave to this very day.

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
I get Emily gets stuff wrong, but she also literally was the only person to leak the game's title and the general size of the roster (I'd have to double check if she said no cuts, I don't think she said exactly).

Idk I'm not saying she's worth trusting, but when adding everyone else it seems weird again to discredit someone who was right about something about Ultimate specifically. (I mean, Vergeben didn't have a 100% track record but we trusted him for Ultimate)
I think the difference is that even if this leak is real, the picture is still deniable, it could potentially be faked and taking it down proves that it's real. Compared to the ESRB leak videos where they were obviously real and therefor taken down, Nintendo probably saw them as potentially having a negative effect on the game's sales due to the video quality or something.

SmashingXan2

Smash Journeyman
Ok but really tho

If this leak WERE real, why haven’t the Nintenjas done anything about even the reposts yet? The ESRB leak’s videos were claimed by Nintendo super fast
Because they only struck down videos, not the images from the ESRB leak. Probably will be the same here. Only coming for video proof as that is harder to disprove

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I don't think it's impossible that Incineroar is leak bait, as were some others, but Incineroar was the most believable due to everyone being so glued to believing a new Pokemon MUST be added to the roster with every iteration.

Whether or not it was actually bait, or a Pokemon is actually absent, etc, nobody can actually prove right now. It's harmless to entertain the thought for the sake of hypotheticals, but a lot of what people are saying (related to leak bait or other things), they keep trying to treat as a de facto nugget of information.

We can talk hypotheticals all day, but until official news shows up, I doubt we'll be able to confirm one way or another.

Nintendo Live should be interesting, but I think some people might be disappointed. I don't think anything will confirm or deny a leak, unless Sakurai genuinely intends on doing a reveal at the event.

I don't know anything, but just a hunch.

Last edited:

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
> Nintendo sends [third party company] clips of their character(s) interacting with other characters/items/etc. and performing actions to keep them up to date, similar to the footage sent to the ESRB back during that leak.

> One of these reels of gameplay footage leaks out, showing Incineraor performing various attacks.

> Insiders mistakenly claim Incineroar will be playable when he is in fact a Poke Ball summon, since we know Assist Trophy and Poke Ball summons can now do much more actions than in previous games; Knuckles has been shown airdodging for example.

How I think every insider claims Incineroar is in the game if this leak is real.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Also one theory towards gamexplains actions.

The banner is real but only to a degree. Like maybe some characters are in it, others are not.

If this is the case I think it goes to Geno, Ken, Shadow, and Banjo.

As much as I'd want the other two.

This would also allow for incenroar to be in, and for Sora to be DLC.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Emily Rogers might have flubbed Mother 3 ways back but she's otherwise had a good track record, particularly this year. Hell, as far as I'm aware she's the first one to have alluded to Smash Bros. title being Ultimate.

If she says it's fake I don't have much reason not to trust her.
I trust Emily more than I trust Laura Kate Dale, at least

Laura ONLY got the Mario Rabbids thing right. She said the next Smash would be a port with only two new characters (wrong), and something about the earthquake I forget exactly but it was also wrong as all hell

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
probably because Incineroar is "public knowledge" at this point.
And yet, how would he be public info? Thanks to Verge? Because that's the one true source that people were drinking from up until now. And it's only because his other predictions have been right. That said, Nintendo would have had to have planned this, since people only got on the Verge train en masse after Simon was revealed. Isabelle as well.

And insiders have stated that they knew of Incineroar well before as well. Ryce in particular, claims his source told him about this things back before August.

By that logic, everyone else would've been treated as "public information ", but evidently they aren't.
It's the perfect trap it seems.

Last edited:

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
Can I just say, I'm a lot happier now that I'm #Team Fake. I'm not trying to convince people to cross over. I'm just saying I feel relief after deciding not to believe it. Part of me still thinks it's possible, and I really hope it is, but now I'll be pleasantly surprised if it's true instead of disappointed if it's fake. I hate when people try and force people to lower their expectations because it's not their business and people believe what they believe, but I am so much happier now.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Gematsu was on a roll following E3 2014 and his source said that the next character that was going to be revealed was Shulk back in July 2014. It wound up being Lucina and Robin, nuking the poor guy's reputation and probably forcing him to live in a cave to this very day.
ENJOY MY GOOD FRIEND INCINEROAR LOLLLLL

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Just wanted to drop in and leave this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35H8A4wO5jw
Square enix is really pushing for her.

I was already planning on getting this, but now I'm 100% sure going to get this.
**** SQUARE ENIX!
Yup, saw that.
It's certainly a nice compromise between the craziness of 2B's standard combat and SC's slower pace. The first moves of each weapons are flashy enough, so they just use a bunch of that to represent her 4 weapons.
Heck, they even got some air moves in there, so that's nice.

(Still pushing her for an anime fighter though)

T3Z3R1

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5579-0990-8199
Prima Guide leaks would probably confirm or debunk it imo... seriously how the **** has no one leaked the prima guide yet?
Nintendo has to be careful to not let prima guide fall in the wrong hand (Leakers' hands), which is why we haven't heard about it. Also, possible that they finished printing the guide, and then is kept at guarded warehouse.

Chrollo.

fka president wario

The banner is real but only to a degree. Like maybe some characters are in it, others are not.

That’s pretty much what Mystic said on his confirmed list. That some of the characters are real but the mural looks different than what people have seen.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703

No flipping way Geno or Banjo is likelier than Isaac my dude. With all the evidence for Isaac, he's in another league in terms of probability.

There is a SE rep according to credible sources but it doesn't have to be him per se although chances are it's him.

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
That's because they were secret characters though. This time we'll know the full base roster before launch.

Though yeah if all of them are going to be in one direct. They'll just all go up at once like with K. Rool & Simon back in August. The real question is if they really will have 5 uniques when they've never had more then 3 newcomers in any Smash announcement day since the 2006 Brawl trailer. (Well I guess in technicallies. Mii Fighters are 3 characters along with Palutena and Pac-Man. Though I think as an announcement themselves Mii Fighters still may count as just one newcomer even if they are actually 3 characters)

Some people have hyped they will want to have a big blow-out. And this would certainly be it if it's true. I'm just not completely sure that will be the plan. There's a lot other then characters and stages that we don't know about this game. And I don't mean just Spirits.

I would also like to clarify that I'm not on "Team Fake" or "Team Real" at this point. All I want to know is just the truth. I just see this as a court case currently, and only the coming Smash direct can bring the verdict down. My heart wants it to be real, my brain tells me there's enough to be skeptical though.
The April 2014 Direct was almost 40 minutes long, Nintendo knows everyone's willing to stick around for long periods of time as long as they're fed enough information.

Should this be true (I'm at 60% real 40% fake now) Sakurai wanting to have another big blowout doesn't surprise me. Did you see the smiles he had at the E3 Invitational? He lives to make us (and himself) happy and will gladly try to pull it off as many times as he can.

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
Somebody explain to this guy that Banjo-Kazooie is in fact a bit more iconic than Medusa

Good points.
Whats a Banjo? I thought that was Miz Bear on that banner.. So Medusa is indeed the iconic villain of the Kid Icarus series and she is totally in

Oh and Billie and Peyton are more Iconic than Banjo too.. Because they are the iconics.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Of the characters from that fake banner leak.. Isaac and Geno are cool, but the rest are nothing but a bunch of worthless jobbers to beat up on, and yes I would totally bury them for they are not Iconic enough to hang with The Elite.
Whats a Banjo? I thought that was Miz Bear on that banner.. So Medusa is indeed the iconic villain of the Kid Icarus series and she is totally in

Oh and Billie and Peyton are more Iconic than Banjo too.. Because they are the iconics.
Right... who were your predictions again?

Last edited:

Iridium

Smash Hero

Uh, so, teching FSs might be a thing now. Interesting, but I guess we won't see this too much.

Confirmation

Smash Ace
Can I just say, I'm a lot happier now that I'm #Team Fake. I'm not trying to convince people to cross over. I'm just saying I feel relief after deciding not to believe it. Part of me still thinks it's possible, and I really hope it is, but now I'll be pleasantly surprised if it's true instead of disappointed if it's fake. I hate when people try and force people to lower their expectations because it's not their business and people believe what they believe, but I am so much happier now.
Just a guess, but you're happy with the current roster?

FallofBrawl

Smash Ace
incineroar feels like a character that was already speculated enough that I feel nintendo wouldnt use them as leakbait, theyd likely go for less common but still applicable choices like buzzwole or sceptile
just my opinion though
Why wouldn’t Nintendo go for Incineroar? The most speculated character makes for the best bait if Nintendo wants to out untrustworthy employees within their midst.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom