• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
I think what he is saying is Banjo is still owned by Rare. Where people are saying Nintendo is registered as a partner, but it doesn't say that at all.
I was referring to both sides of the Team Real or Team Fake spectrum that have those that are probably obnoxious and putting down others for what they believe, I wasn’t talking about Banjo or Rare at all... :confused:

The DanMan051

Banned via Warnings
Except most of these insiders came forward on their own accord. Hell I'm sure people didn't even know half of these insiders were insiders to begin with. I'm pretty sure no one went to a Game informer dude asking him to debunk the leak or anything. You're exaggerating the situation.
Except people were pinging them on resetera and probably tweeting at them as well.
Also, Imran has an actual track record and was the first person to tease Ridley; kinda makes sense a Game Informer editor would have sources.

Incineroar's got me on the ropes man

Even the most "doubting" insiders state Incineroar HAS to be in

Moving me even more team fake
Ba-dum tshh?

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
So stealing from the Team Real subreddit that was just posted, what does everyone think the order will be if we are indeed getting those 5 unique newcomers?

I'm gonna guess:

69. Banjo-Kazooie (opening the direct)
70. Isaac
71. Chorus Kids
72. Mach Rider
73. Geno (Closing the direct)
nah. Ending on a huge bang with Banjo makes much more sense

Drakonix

Smash Cadet
I expected this. I've made it clear that i'll only put in who I can (I don't want it to be too crowded) but i'll try to please as many people as possible.
I mean an easy idea is to put a black rectangle with a bunch of peering eyes to represent all the Lurkers. #TeamLurkers

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
I appreciate that there are a lot of digital artists out there who think this amount of work is hard or difficult. And it can be, if you aren't familiar with the tools. But this is what the content-aware algorithms were built for. When this leak first dropped, I erased Peach in just a couple minutes to demonstrate that. I have done this exact kind of background plate cleaning professionally. If we assume that the identity of the leaker is correct, and that he's a professional graphic designer, then he should be familiar with his tools.

Peach doesn't feel so good.

Sorry, vaan, I had to. :laugh:

Rigumaro

Smash Apprentice
The weird about Incenroar and this leak is...

If the leak is real Incenroar was never planned at all. Chadondorf doesn’t mention him at all in that leak.

So that would mean Incenroar is some type of bait of red herring. So I wonder how the hell that all went down
Or maybe Incineroar is actually in as a pokeball and not a playable pokemon, which could explain why insiders' sources have seen him, but they just couldn't tell it wasn't playable.

CrunchyCHEEZIT

Smash Journeyman
Insider say nothing

"AHAH! IT MEANS IT'S TRUE!"

Insider give their stance on the matters like people asked without compromising their stuff

"BUT THEY DON'T SAY WHY! SO IT MUST BE TRUE!!"

Insider go deeper in explanation and explain that the Mural don't line up with their source and that Incineroar is missing and are dead set on him being in the game

"AHA! BUT WHY DON'T YOU SHOW US YOUR PROOF?!"

Insider: "I can't, it will compromise my source and their job."

"AHA! SEE! IT MEANS IT'S TRUE!"

That's literally how it happened, and I wish I was joking.
thats some nice revisionism, friend. imran and vergeben don't seem very calm about it, lmao.

"hey leaker-man, this leak looks way more legit than yours, do you wanna say something about it?"

"uh... its fake because it doesn't line up with my sources"

"alright. proof?"

"well i cant, obviously, but just trust me bro, its fake"

"ok, well, this has evidence and you dont, so..."

"WOOOOW THIS COMMUNITY IS SO TOXIC!!!! IM DONE STOP BULLYING ME ITS FAKE!!!"

it's a leak. it wouldn't be an actual leak if there wasn't any clear indication that someone is gonna get in trouble for it - its violating an NDA, after all. they don't have any right to act smug or act like they have more of a say on the issue than anyone else if they can't actually bring any concrete, unseen info or evidence.

their voice is worth as much in this discussion as anyone else's because of that, and they aren't protected from being mocked, doubted or questioned for contributing nothing to the discussion.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So stealing from the Team Real subreddit that was just posted, what does everyone think the order will be if we are indeed getting those 5 unique newcomers?

I'm gonna guess:

70. Isaac
71. Chorus Kids
72. Mach Rider
Geno and chorus kids next regular direct.

Geno closes and the kids open.

Banjo ends the final smash direct, issac opens, and Mach rider is shown half way through as part of a retro segment.

Echos get their own 30 second trailer and there you go

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Any way

Finally you all realized its the present of the Grinch render we should focus on

But honestly I think the next reveal will happen before they even become public where ever

And the next reveal will determine the leak

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Or maybe Incineroar is actually in as a pokeball and not a playable pokemon, which could explain why insiders' sources have seen him, but they just couldn't tell it wasn't playable.
I’ll lmao is the insiders are actually that dumb

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
thats some nice revisionism, friend. imran and vergeben don't seem very calm about it, lmao.

"hey leaker-man, this leak looks way more legit than yours, do you wanna say something about it?"

"uh... its fake because it doesn't line up with my sources"

"alright. proof?"

"well i cant, obviously, but just trust me bro, its fake"

"ok, well, this has evidence and you dont, so..."

"WOOOOW THIS COMMUNITY IS SO TOXIC!!!! IM DONE STOP BULLYING ME ITS FAKE!!!"

it's a leak. it wouldn't be an actual leak if there wasn't any clear indication that someone is gonna get in trouble for it - its violating an NDA, after all. they don't have any right to act smug or act like they have more of a say on the issue than anyone else if they can't actually bring any concrete, unseen info or evidence.

their voice is worth as much in this discussion as anyone else's because of that, and they aren't protected from being mocked, doubted or questioned for contributing nothing to the discussion.
Hit the nail right on the head, pretty much how it all goes down in a nutshell.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I think the full roster displayed in the leak if true isn't the full base game roster. I think one of the characters there will be the first DLC character.

My guess is that at TGA this year, Nintendo and Microsoft will have a joint announcement where they announce Banjo in Smash Ultimate. Provided the leak is true.

HyruleHero

Smash Journeyman

I'm gonna guess:

70. Isaac
71. Chorus Kids
72. Mach Rider
Geno isn't a super exciting ending for most people, Banjo would be much more exciting as more people would remember him and he was the main character of two games (which are the best collectathon games ever).
Also if Banjo is at the end they can put a trailer for Banjo-Threeie as well - super hype.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Hah! Good point.

We'll send them cheesy fake leaks,
the worst we can find! (la la la)
They'll have to sit and analyze them all,
and we'll monitor their minds. (la la la)

A good rule of thumb would probably be to look at how old the person is.

If they're older than 25, they probably won't throw a fit if they don't get what they want.
And even then some of the younger users (like Noipoi Noipoi ) have been remarkably mature considering they've not gotten what they want.

LOL

In the not to distant future
Next Sunday, A.D.
There were guys on a forum called Smash Boards
The same as you and me
Then a leak came out of nowhere
Now they got in each others' face
And the mods there didn't like it
So they shot them into outer space

NextChannelGames

Smash Journeyman
Can't wait to get my heart broken AGAIN when this incredible final roster gets proven fake:
Looking at the newcomers I can see that 10 would make sense of what Sakurai meant by not a whole lot of newcomers. But man, looking back at the first 12 I remember the N64 days of Smash and the small roster. it’s amazing how much it’s grown over the past 20 years.

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
So the best ending of the story possible would be if the leak never gets proven real/fake, because Nintendo secretly made it through whatever means and they end up giving us ALMOST everything we saw and MORE!!! They take away one thing from the leak though as to not fully prove it. Minds would still be blown. I'm betting characters like Geno and Shadow are guaranteed regardless of how the story ends.

They would be better masterminds of advertising and publicity than we originally thought. Getting us hyped only to deliver ALMOST everything we saw, but still surprise us at the same time.... (The real me believes that will never be the case though lol)

Last edited:

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
not exactly sure how tradmarking works but This website seems to say it was renewed 2018-09-09, I dunno though
Even if we assume this trademark renewal was done just for Smash, the renewal was submitted months ago. It is a complete coincidence that it got processed this close to the leak.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
The problem is I can see Banjo opening or closing the Direct. If they get a stage, I would say they open it and it would be like Simon: Introduce character, stage (Spiral Mountain or Grunty's Tower, with Gruntilda as a stage boss), assist trophy (Mumbo Jumbo) and music (by the legendary Grant Kirkhope).

If they don't come with a stage, and the stage is Minecraft, I could see them closing. Also, it's their 20th anniversary, so that explains the trademark, unless I'm missing something?

Saelind Genesis

Smash Apprentice
You know, there is ONE THING in which I will agree with the Chadnondorf leak. Say Incineroar is actually in. It would be kind of anticlimactic to add him in the final stretch.

tbh that might be the main reason why I think the cat might be a red herring. Kind of how like the Game of Thrones crew do alternate scenes, scripts and things like that. Insiders being against (or in favor) of the leak doesn't really do much for me, if I'm being honest

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Also I really hope the leak is even more real because the insiders for the most part need to be put in their place. They all act so cocky and it’s tiresome. They need to be knocked down a peg and this would by one hell of a way for Nintendo to do it by protecting such a god damn amazing roster and throwing insiders for a a loop.

HyruleHero

Smash Journeyman
Inkling seems have trouble KOing. Or maybe it's just the Link being way better.
Hopefully link is way better. Honestly I think Inkling might be hard in competitive as refilling ink leave you open. For inkling to be good they need a high launch power move and quick combo moves - still I think they look fun and unique to play as.

Saelind Genesis

Smash Apprentice
No, there is.
You're bringing it up as a point for the leaker, no?
Oh cmon, man. That would take it INCREDIBLE FORESIGHT. The leaker would have to pretty much assume that the Smash community is bat**** insan-

*thinks back to the past two days in this forum*

You know what, I'm pretty sure this leak is fake.

Cheesehead302

Smash Rookie
Geno and chorus kids next regular direct.

Geno closes and the kids open.

Banjo ends the final smash direct, issac opens, and Mach rider is shown half way through as part of a retro segment.

Echos get their own 30 second trailer and there you go
You talking about directs reminds me of something I've been thinking about since the leak came out. If this is true, whatever the Banjo reveal trailer is will be INCREDIBLE, there's so many different things they could do with it, they know how requested this character is and how impossible everyone though he is/ was. I think they should emphasize Banjo Kazooie as one of the most important characters in the game, so important that they are characters owned by Xbox and appearing in a Nintendo game.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
To steer things away from the political leak debates for a moment, here is a talented fan who decided to replicate some character winning poses:

https://old.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/9q4luh/been_recreating_some_stuff_irl_from_video_games/

But they’re not wrong. After all, Smash Ultimate is just a por—

This reminds me, I checked the GamesTM hands-on article for the game, and the writer compared it (pre-August from the looks of things) to Capcom fighting games, in regards to not having much fundamental changes as opposed to the jump from Brawl to 4. Can't really say if I can agree with that, since Capcom rarely dumps in a huge amount of characters for the immediate sequel, not to mention that he didn't take into account the shorter release window between 4 and Ultimate due to the Wii U bombing, as well as the tech jump not being too big in this case.

Also, when listing the three Links, he assumed Toon Link represents ALBW instead of WW, who the hell even does that???

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom