• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
Visual proof that disproves this leak = contents that depict a non-Grinch newcomer (for example, Incineroar, but you can sub in Steve or Arle or whomever you want that isn't a Grinch newcomer) in a position of playability.

* A screenshot or video of Incineroar fighting with Incineroar being a playable character (i.e. meaning a portrait, stock icon, P1-8 icon above).
* A trophy with an alternate color, or a Final Smash trophy.
* Incineroar on the CSS.
* Incineroar's Single-Player endings.
* A blurb that states "Insert catchy tagline here! Incineroar has been unlocked!" or something to that effect.

Anything less has a margin for error. My example, Incineroar, could be a Poké Ball summon, and most other options could be Assist Trophies or other minor NPC roles.

Last edited:

IMainKingKRool

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NYEH_HEH_HEH
"Since none of you clowns can keep your mouths shut, every character has been removed. We hope you enjoy Super Sandbag Bros Ultimate when it releases this December."
Ok this was a joke but it made me realize, have we not seen Sandbag at all in Ultimate? Why we leaking Banjo and Geno when such a huge important character is missing?
Which subsequently reminds me, there's still so much in this game beyond the roster that we don't know about. Even if any of these leaks are true, I'm betting they've still got a few non-character aces up their sleeve.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
The weird about Incenroar and this leak is...

If the leak is real Incenroar was never planned at all. Chadondorf doesn’t mention him at all in that leak.

So that would mean Incenroar is some type of bait of red herring. So I wonder how the hell that all went down

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I wanna break up this conversation by talking about how much this tweet makes me wanna double down on my desire for Jimmy T. to be an assist trophy that forces fighters to dance if they get near.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
I find it surreal that, if the Grinch leak is true, then this would be our roster:

If you showed that to anyone a few years ago, you'd be mocked for saying that every veteran would return, let alone half of the newcomer choices. (the idea of Metroid getting four characters, on its own, would get you labeled as a fanboy/fangirl)

Then again, the same thing could be said about Vergeben's leaks, or even the roster that has been officially confirmed as of now. No matter what the outcome of all of this is, whether we get Kencineroar, the seven characters from the Grinch leak, or something entirely different, this December is going to be crazy.

Also, we are going to have our hands full with unlocking dozens upon dozens of characters.
Hell...you'd be flamed, swore at, and damn near hunted down just for trying to convince us all that King K. Rool and Ridley were ACTUALLY in the game... xD

Insider say nothing

"AHAH! IT MEANS IT'S TRUE!"

Insider give their stance on the matters like people asked without compromising their stuff

"BUT THEY DON'T SAY WHY! SO IT MUST BE TRUE!!"

Insider go deeper in explanation and explain that the Mural don't line up with their source and that Incineroar is missing and are dead set on him being in the game

"AHA! BUT WHY DON'T YOU SHOW US YOUR PROOF?!"

Insider: "I can't, it will compromise my source and their job."

"AHA! SEE! IT MEANS IT'S TRUE!"

That's literally how it happened, and I wish I was joking.
Except most of these insiders came forward on their own accord. Hell I'm sure people didn't even know half of these insiders were insiders to begin with. I'm pretty sure no one went to a Game informer dude asking him to debunk the leak or anything. You're exaggerating the situation.

Union of Darkness

Smash Ace
I'm now thinking about the fallout of this being fake. The community will implode and the fanatics may do something drastic. I wonder if that's what the leaker had in mind.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
I really don't recall any of these guys having a 100% track record. Otherwise we'd have Mother 3, Shovel Knight as Smash 4 DLC, Smash 4 and Splatoon 1 ports and many other things.

There's also Star Fox Racing but that could just not be revealed yet so I'll hold out for now.
Spawn-Wave is at 100% and is in a 9-10 leaks right and 0 wrong
Ryce is at 99% with him leaking the whole MvC:I roster and stuff.

They both think it's more fake than real

Flarzo

Smash Cadet
So I just heard from someone that the banner inconsistencies were proved to be caused purly by the pure, anyone have a link to this evidence assuming you guys have been talking about it?

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I can see the "visual proof" that these insiders were given may end up not being complete, either.

...y'know, to be honest, I actually see no reason to keep arguing about it, maybe instead make memes or play some games, especially since a direct is likely to come within the next two weeks anyway (funny how the rumored date is Nov. 8th and the Grinch movie released on Nov. 8th). I've been so hyped and caught up in the speculation, I need to take a break...

HyruleHero

Smash Journeyman
Can't wait to get my heart broken AGAIN when this incredible final roster gets proven fake:
Talk about going out in a bang (assuming this is Sakurai's last smash).

Even though I'd really love Sora I would be okay with this because it has my number 2 and 3 Banjo and Isaac.
DLC keeps the game alive as well - Everyone will end up happy in some regard (unless you want a really obscure character sorry guys)

BrashCandicoot

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5129-0606-3457
Switch FC
SW-2362-2833-3327
Is there any strong evidence for team fake on the mural leak yet? Not that I want it to be fake or believe it to be fake, just wondering.

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
And what about the "Heroes vs Villains"? I mean, they added Ridley and K.Rool in a "good > bad > good > bad" trend,...but now we have just "good" characters.... All this only can lead to a single question:

where is my boi Skull Kid?
Heroes vs villain's was literally only for the K. Rool trailer nothing else

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
That's not my point. Point is it's getting tiring seeing people babying the insiders with how condescendingly some are acting even though they're fully aware they cannot give any actual explanations.
There's a reason why Verge left the Smash scene for a while. He had to put up with a lot of crap from users on Gamefaqs.

Not saying a few of the insiders aren't abusing their knowledge by giving us these vague answers as to why the leak is absolutely 100% fake, but I also don't think it's okay for people to antagonize them when most of the fanbase gets so aggressive with these guys whenever they don't get the answer they want.

If they stay quiet, they get attacked for purposely hiding information. If they speak out, they get attacked for not being more descriptive.

Last edited:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
*Yawns* Ayyyy, what did I miss?

Oh dear... Looks like I got a lot to catch up on. :lol:

Some of us here are grown adults and can handle a little disappointment.

It's just a video game, I'm not going to die if Isaac doesn't get in, and I'm certainly not going to harass Sakurai over it. Such conduct is way beneath me.
Indeed. Just because some people can't be mature and process disappointment, doesn't mean everybody can't and that people need to protect our feelings. Granted, as I said before, it's kinda hard given the nature of this leak, but--in less than two months we'll be playing it.

NoPLo

Smash Cadet
NNID
NoploSnowman
I wanna break up this conversation by talking about how much this tweet makes me wanna double down on my desire for Jimmy T. to be an assist trophy that forces fighters to dance if they get near.

Ok, now I am really upset at this not being one of Mario's taunts.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
I work with photoshop and digital painting specifically all the time. I still think statements like this underestimate the amount of work it would have taken to make that background look half decent. If you want to argue that we can't see the background image well enough to know if it actually did turn out decent (and they were just relying on that from the outset), that's fair enough. And I think the strongest arguments against the leak are the possible discrepancies in the background art.
I appreciate that there are a lot of digital artists out there who think this amount of work is hard or difficult. And it can be, if you aren't familiar with the tools. But this is what the content-aware algorithms were built for. When this leak first dropped, I erased Peach in just a couple minutes to demonstrate that. I have done this exact kind of background plate cleaning professionally. If we assume that the identity of the leaker is correct, and that he's a professional graphic designer, then he should be familiar with his tools.

Honest Slug

Smash Journeyman
Spawn-Wave is at 100% and is in a 9-10 leaks right and 0 wrong
Ryce is at 99% with him leaking the whole MvC:I roster and stuff.

They both think it's more fake than real
Those 2 are a little more compelling but from what we know this is a "Shared secret" among insiders so we don't which insider first got this information, or at least I don't know, I could be wrong.

D

Deleted member

This tweet right here is art.

Dang it I love Switch era Nintendo so much...

KMDP

Smash Legend
1. If the leak turns out to be fake, Sakurai basically has a golden list of characters who should be DLC.
Hah! Good point.
Agreed. To everyone here, let me say...

If you're wondering if it's real or fake
And other science facts (la la la)
Just repeat to yourself, it's just a game
I should really just relax
For the Smash Bros. Ultimate Theater 3000
We'll send them cheesy fake leaks,
the worst we can find! (la la la)
They'll have to sit and analyze them all,
and we'll monitor their minds. (la la la)
ndeed. Just because some people can't be mature and process disappointment, doesn't mean everybody can't and that people need to protect our feelings. Granted, as I said before, it's kinda hard given the nature of this leak, but--in less than two months we'll be playing it.
A good rule of thumb would probably be to look at how old the person is.

If they're older than 25, they probably won't throw a fit if they don't get what they want.
And even then some of the younger users (like Noipoi Noipoi ) have been remarkably mature considering they've not gotten what they want.

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
So stealing from the Team Real subreddit that was just posted, what does everyone think the order will be if we are indeed getting those 5 unique newcomers?

I'm gonna guess:

69. Banjo-Kazooie (opening the direct)
70. Isaac
71. Chorus Kids
72. Mach Rider
73. Geno (Closing the direct)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom