• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gloop898

Smash Cadet
So, does this not mean anything...?

https://streamable.com/4e374

It looks like he would've actually needed the E3 banner...
I made an earlier post about it that seems to disprove it.

Assuming Omni lined the two pictures up correctly, which I believe he did. The position of the tower in the background doesn't line up with the black line.
So while an interesting argument it doesn't really seem to be correct.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I think the biggest thing we are missing out on is that vaanrose vaanrose isnt taking bets like he did for stuff awhile ago. It gave me a sweet zoroark avatar and vaan has great art, so no bets for more is sad

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
I don't understand the insiders, though.

Is it not possible that their information could not be final as they believed...?
It could be possible that we could get a Gematsu 2.0
But if there is some sort of visual proof out there that they got. Then it's very unlikely

Chrono.

I am now envisioning some neckbeard twirling a handlebar mustache and muttering "Ah, they are starting to see through my ruse. No matter, the damage is done. The life of my hated archrival, Eric Brichard, is permanently ruined!!! MUAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!"
I mean he can get tracked down and sued, or worse, for incriminating someone.

Honest Slug

Smash Journeyman
What bugs me about insiders is how egotistical they come across. Like if you have a 50/50 track-record at best and give vague statements then you can't blame people for attaching to something with actual visuals to back it up.

lightdrago

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW 2938 1058 0987
It’s just a little funny that when Box Theory was around, these insiders were just being coy and not telling anyone, but when the Grinch leak popped up, now they all admit that Incineroar is in according to their sources. Of course, that doesn’t excuse the harassment, from both ends.

I’m still questioning the leak, but the insider stuff is a little funny to me.

OurBoyRoy

Smash Cadet
Getting a clean background is actually the easiest part. Photoshop's content aware tools are magic as far as that's concerned. I have to do this kind of foreground object removal to get a clean background plate all the time. Cutting out and moving the characters is the hard part. And he cut out all the characters from the banner and placed them over the top of their new location in the leaked banner.
I work with photoshop and digital painting specifically all the time. I still think statements like this underestimate the amount of work it would have taken to make that background look half decent. If you want to argue that we can't see the background image well enough to know if it actually did turn out decent (and they were just relying on that from the outset), that's fair enough. And I think the strongest arguments against the leak are the possible discrepancies in the background art.

SushiRoll

Smash Apprentice
What if... what if they really did have the grinch roster in, but Sakurai's little hoo heart broke when the grinch stole his Christmas? So he deleted every character except Incellroar? :urg:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
What bugs me about insiders is how egotistical they come across. Like if you have a 50/50 track-record at best and give vague statements then you can't blame people for attaching to something with actual visuals to back it up.
The problem being when people with a 100 or 90% record comes and say it's bs.

But there can be a first for everything!

Man, am I the only person who isn't really on either side and sees evidence for both sides?
TEAM HMMMMM is here for you. Join us

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Here’s my stance, if the insiders actually had footage or concrete proof, it would be on 4chan. It also does and always will.

So I find it hard to buy they have concrete proof

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
I think the biggest thing we are missing out on is that vaanrose vaanrose isnt taking bets like he did for stuff awhile ago. It gave me a sweet zoroark avatar and vaan has great art, so no bets for more is sad
That was for DLC, not leaks.

What is up with the constant sob stories with these insiders? People do realize the only reason their getting hate is because they put themselves in that position right? If they didn't constantly dangle right in front of people's faces that they have information we don't none of of this would be happening. Which is stupid because they know they can't say anything but they're still teasing away.

CrunchyCHEEZIT

Smash Journeyman
this. I don't get why its suddenly a inhumane act to mock the dudes like vergeben who said anyone who doubted incineroar was in denial.
god forbid someone calls them an idiot on the internet over a video game.

Akiak

Smash Ace
My point is that there is no way of proving this 100% real or 100% fake. You can assume that the leak wouldn't contradict officially released material, but you can't know for sure. Nintendo has the power to make changes to their games and promotional material. Unless someone in here works for Nintendo, nobody can determine what the leaks legitimacy is. You can lean towards it being real and fake, but you can't definitively say either way. People make assumptions like Nintendo wouldn't do this, they wouldn't do that, meanwhile they have no idea what goes on behind closed doors. None of us do. The reason why I'm even making this post is because people seem to be driven by a goal that they can definitively say what the leak's credibility is, meanwhile that isn't the case and is only causing unnecessary drama and conflict.
I see why you would post that sure, but again, it is possible to prove that it's real or fake with a very small margin of error. Ok, it's not gonna be 100% proof but it's gonna be like 99% lol

You have to take these things on a case by case basis, sometimes contradictions or proof comes up that anyone in their right mind would see as definitive proof straight away... For example with the new bus banner that just came out, if something in the leak clearly matched the new banner then that's pretty much definitive proof... because it's not public knowledge and it'd be literally impossible for the leaker to know about it

I agree though that often the proof is gonna be partial and not definitive... but definitive proof is possible and not even that hard to find usually

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium

Luigi The President

Smash Hero

IMainKingKRool

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NYEH_HEH_HEH
What if... what if they really did have the grinch roster in, but Sakurai's little hoo heart broke when the grinch stole his Christmas? So he deleted every character except Incellroar? :urg:
"Since none of you clowns can keep your mouths shut, every character has been removed. We hope you enjoy Super Sandbag Bros Ultimate when it releases this December."

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Insiders can be in the wrong too my man. Not saying Imran necessarily is but it gets tiring seeing them all being smug as hell and going "Well I Can't Tell You Why...."
Makes sense? Sure, but it'd be nice to have a bit less snark, you know.

But that's just me, hey.
I'm sure many of them would share information if they could, but there's a lot at stake if Nintendo amd their employers found out they were the ones who leaked the information.

All it takes is one slip of the lips, and before you know it, that person loses their job, their credibility, and get a hefty fine on top of it all.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Insiders can be in the wrong too my man. Not saying Imran necessarily is but it gets tiring seeing them all being smug as hell and going "Well I Can't Tell You Why...."
Makes sense? Sure, but it'd be nice to have a bit less snark, you know.

But that's just me, hey.
I am with you on that, sister.

How hard is it to word it like this...AHEM
'I am sorry, but I do not believe this leak is real. I truly wish I could tell you all, but...rules are rules. Just tamper your expectations a little bit. This game will be awesome. Thank you for your time.'

HOW HARD IS THAT!?!

Raspberry

Smash Journeyman
1. If the leak turns out to be fake, Sakurai basically has a golden list of characters who should be DLC.
2. The excessive aggressivity of some professional insiders raises a few questions no matter if you are Team Real or Team Fake. It's unprofessional, yet for some reason they still do this even though they may just ignore the leak altogether.

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
I am with you on that, sister.

How hard is it to word it like this...AHEM
'I am sorry, but I do not believe this leak is real. I truly wish I could tell you all, but...rules are rules. Just tamper your expectations a little bit. This game will be awesome. Thank you for your time.'

HOW HARD IS THAT!?!
It's hard if you're a tool. :smirk:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
I'm sure many of them would share information if they could, but there's a lot at stake if Nintendo amd their employers found out they were the ones who leaked the information.

All it takes is one slip of the lips, and before you know it, that person loses their job, their credibility, and get a hefty fine on top of it all.
That's not my point. Point is it's getting tiring seeing people babying the insiders with how condescendingly some are acting even though they're fully aware they cannot give any actual explanations.

KMDP

Smash Legend
I was kinda saying the same thing back before K. Rool was revealed. I thought he was in for sure then someone tells me to lower those expectations and I say:

Don’t tell me what to do, please.
Some of us here are grown adults and can handle a little disappointment.

It's just a video game, I'm not going to die if Isaac doesn't get in, and I'm certainly not going to harass Sakurai over it. Such conduct is way beneath me.

Last edited:

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
Some people on both sides are really obnoxious lol
Agreed, still, at the end of the day, it’s just a video game that we’ve all come to love. I see no need to get bent out of shape or have the need to attack others for what they think and believe.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
What is up with the constant sob stories with these insiders? People do realize the only reason their getting hate is because they put themselves in that position right? If they didn't constantly dangle right in front of people's faces that they have information we don't none of of this would be happening. Which is stupid because they know they can't say anything but they're still teasing away.
Insider say nothing

"AHAH! IT MEANS IT'S TRUE!"

Insider give their stance on the matters like people asked without compromising their stuff

"BUT THEY DON'T SAY WHY! SO IT MUST BE TRUE!!"

Insider go deeper in explanation and explain that the Mural don't line up with their source and that Incineroar is missing and are dead set on him being in the game

"AHA! BUT WHY DON'T YOU SHOW US YOUR PROOF?!"

Insider: "I can't, it will compromise my source and their job."

"AHA! SEE! IT MEANS IT'S TRUE!"

That's literally how it happened, and I wish I was joking.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Some of us here are grown adults and can handle a little disappointment.

It's just a video game, I'm not going to die if Isaac gets in, and I'm certainly not going to harass Sakurai over it. Such conduct is way beneath me.
Agreed. To everyone here, let me say...

If you're wondering if it's real or fake
And other science facts (la la la)
Just repeat to yourself, it's just a game
I should really just relax
For the Smash Bros. Ultimate Theater 3000

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Agreed, still, at the end of the day, it’s just a video game that we’ve all come to love. I see no need to get bent out of shape or have the need to attack others for what they think and believe.
I think what he is saying is Banjo is still owned by Rare. Where people are saying Nintendo is registered as a partner, but it doesn't say that at all.

Honest Slug

Smash Journeyman
The problem being when people with a 100 or 90% record comes and say it's bs.

But there can be a first for everything!
I really don't recall any of these guys having a 100% track record. Otherwise we'd have Mother 3, Shovel Knight as Smash 4 DLC, Smash 4 and Splatoon 1 ports and many other things.

There's also Star Fox Racing but that could just not be revealed yet so I'll hold out for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom