• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Who here wanna main Shadow ?
Rule of Edginess #1: If you see anyone maining Sonic/Cloud/Dark Pit, switch to Shadow immediatelly and defeat them in order to showcase who's the true Ultimate Lifeform/Supreme Edgelord.

The DanMan051

Banned via Warnings
Good grief we've gone from "I hope the leak is real because I like the characters" to "I hope the leak is real because **** insiders"

Union of Darkness

Smash Ace
Hopefully link is way better. Honestly I think Inkling might be hard in competitive as refilling ink leave you open. For inkling to be good they need a high launch power move and quick combo moves - still I think they look fun and unique to play as.
Link being good. Now that's a real Christmas miracle.

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
Geno isn't a super exciting ending for most people, Banjo would be much more exciting as more people would remember him and he was the main character of two games (which are the best collectathon games ever).
Also if Banjo is at the end they can put a trailer for Banjo-Threeie as well - super hype.
Why would there be a trailer for Banjo-Threeie in a Nintendo direct? I could see Nintendo getting Banjo for Smash, but Banjo-Threeie (if that ever happens) will 100% be a Microsoft exclusive

OurBoyRoy

Smash Cadet
I appreciate that there are a lot of digital artists out there who think this amount of work is hard or difficult. And it can be, if you aren't familiar with the tools. But this is what the content-aware algorithms were built for. When this leak first dropped, I erased Peach in just a couple minutes to demonstrate that. I have done this exact kind of background plate cleaning professionally. If we assume that the identity of the leaker is correct, and that he's a professional graphic designer, then he should be familiar with his tools.

Thanks for the condescension that serves only to reflect your lack of reading comprehension. I know what content aware is and I know how it works. Our only difference of opinion is that I felt you were understating the amount of time it would take to create a clean background layer. We could have a different opinion about what constitutes a lot of time, or what errors would be passable, but instead why not just assume I have no idea what I'm talking about?

larlargaming

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LarlarGaming
3DS FC
2578-3594-9063
serious question

who has been watching the august smash direct over and over?

Syntherios

#MasterChief4DLC
NNID
Syntherios
Switch FC
SW-0693-8607-4207
This might be old news to some but if Nintendo Live 2018 is planning to show gameplay of the release build of Ultimate on November 3rd, and considering Directs are typically released on Thursdays, there might be a good chance we'll get a Direct on the 1st and hopefully put this debate to rest. I mean, this leak supposedly showing the final roster suddenly cropping up at this particular time would coincide with the full-blown reveal coming such a soon time afterward. I imagine the companies responsible for making promotional material for films and games would need access to the at-the-time secret info to make sure the material is ready for when their clients need them, which could very well be the Nintendo Live event next weekend.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
You know, there is ONE THING in which I will agree with the Chadnondorf leak. Say Incineroar is actually in. It would be kind of anticlimactic to add him in the final stretch.

tbh that might be the main reason why I think the cat might be a red herring. Kind of how like the Game of Thrones crew do alternate scenes, scripts and things like that. Insiders being against (or in favor) of the leak doesn't really do much for me, if I'm being honest
AMC’s The Walking Dead did this too, by shooting different scenes of what victim was chosen by Negan to be killed and didn’t find out who the real victim was till the next season, so it could be plausible.

Wiziliz

Smash Journeyman
The war between Vergeben and the Grinch is amusing as hell.

Chadondorf's army of Banjo-Kazooie, Geno and many others going up against Virginben's small team of Steve and Incineroar, while Ken is stuck in between, struggling to choose a side, and trying to stop the two sides from fighting.

I think picturing the two leak sides going up against each other in battle is a lot of fun. Vergeben is E-tier, while the Grinch and Chadondorf are S-tier. I hope the "See you then" message ends up being true, that will be the funniest coincidence I know.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
It's gonna be great!
Depends, it's rumoured they might take an action RPG route, which would rustle a lot of jimmies if that turns out true.

One more thing on the Mystery Science Theater 3000...

Now keep in mind they can't control
When any leak begins or ends
Because they used all the extra parts
To build their teammate friends

Teammate roll call

J JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL Jacob!
vaanrose vaanrose Vaanrose
Noipoi Noipoi Noipoi
Zinith Zinith Ziiiiiinith!
I hope somebody starts spouting out names like Biff McLargeHuge at some point.

Also, to quote a particular line, perfectly representing my opinion of this drought: END! EEEEEEEEEND!

Last edited:

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
I keep seeing around people from team real, who are so defensive when interacting with people from team fake. Almost getting offended, and accusing team fake of having a superiority complex, even.

I just want to say, that I think most people from team fake, me included, are not trying to ruin people's fun and hype. We don't enjoy bringing hopes down. But I feel like it's necessary, we just want people to not be disappointed. Honestly, I wish the leak was real. But I am putting effort in finding proof that it's fake for myself, because I don't want to get crushed if the leak turns out to be fake. But at the same time, I feel like helping others realize it's fake, can also prevent them from being incredibly disappointed. If the leak magically turns out to be real? I'd take all the "we told you so", I don't care, because I'd be happy too because I'd have Banjo & Kazooie in the game and that's all I care about.

tl;dr: People from team real, relax. We're not your enemy. We just want to save everyone from a crushing disappointment.
The main problem with this kind of mindset is that it assumes people need or want to be saved, before they ever ask. Which is an attitude that occurs for one of two possible reasons: people can't take care of themselves so one must step in, which shows a lack of respect and often leads to that superiority people tend to think Team Fake has, or...it is self-serving, and is only done to prevent oneself from becoming overhyped.

If it truly is from a place of caring, it will most certainly not be construed as such. We're not talking about a parent and child, here--we're all equals as Smash fans, no one more superior than another. So it invariably comes off as an insult, because the people that are being "helped" don't see themselves as needing it.

Again, I want to be clear: I am not definitively Team Real or Team Fake. I'm not attacking anyone or trying to, but am merely stating my opinion and analysis of these kinds of behaviors and their ramifications. Take what you will from this.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
You know, there is ONE THING in which I will agree with the Chadnondorf leak. Say Incineroar is actually in. It would be kind of anticlimactic to add him in the final stretch.

tbh that might be the main reason why I think the cat might be a red herring. Kind of how like the Game of Thrones crew do alternate scenes, scripts and things like that. Insiders being against (or in favor) of the leak doesn't really do much for me, if I'm being honest
Well, it does fit Incineroar. I'm sorry I couldn't help myself

I think this leak could be true and Incineroar's last or the first First Party DLC (they'll need characters now that all veterans are back). Also, on that awesome picture Mellowy Yellow Mellowy Yellow made, there's a spot for one more. Of course, that would screw the 13x6 box. (and none of those matter for its validity, but it does matter for prettiness).

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
View attachment 172442

Moving Squirtle to the right seems like such an arbitrary change for the leaker to make if the displacement isn't caused by the bad quality of the leak.
This comparison appears to be of the leak with the current banner from the website, where Squirtle is shifted to the left. Squirtle and Ivysaur appear to be in the same location relative to each other in the 8.8 version of the banner.

The DanMan051

Banned via Warnings
That goes both ways
Not really? I'm more inclined to agree with people who have actual reputations and track records for this stuff, but I (nor anyone else) are saying "I don't want this to be real because then insiders would be wrong". Pretty much exclusively having people going "I don't like that Insiders disagree and are being snippish over getting constantly pestered so screw them"

Last edited:

Saelind Genesis

Smash Apprentice
AMC’s The Walking Dead did this too, by shooting different scenes of what victim was chosen by Negan to be killed and didn’t find out who the real victim was till the next season, so it could be plausible.
AND don't forget that Incineroar doesn't only suck, but Decidueye is scientifically better than him in every possible way. I can prove it to you. If you pay very close attention you will realise that people who prefer Incineroar over Decidueye are wrong.

JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL

Smash Lord
NNID
JacobReal!
Switch FC
SW-4350-2362-0253
Also I really hope the leak is even more real because the insiders for the most part need to be put in their place. They all act so cocky and it’s tiresome. They need to be knocked down a peg and this would by one hell of a way for Nintendo to do it by protecting such a god damn amazing roster and throwing insiders for a a loop.
Are we including Omni in this, because I believe in my opinion that he has a big ego, and I don't really find it pleasent. Sorry if I come off as rude.

Nap_

Smash Journeyman
I appreciate that there are a lot of digital artists out there who think this amount of work is hard or difficult. And it can be, if you aren't familiar with the tools. But this is what the content-aware algorithms were built for. When this leak first dropped, I erased Peach in just a couple minutes to demonstrate that. I have done this exact kind of background plate cleaning professionally. If we assume that the identity of the leaker is correct, and that he's a professional graphic designer, then he should be familiar with his tools.

Yeah, it could be even easier since the quality of the pic is very low, there's no need in being almost perfect. Someone who works with this kind of illustrations can do something like that pretty fast. If the banner were the only thing at the next day we should be talking about other topics. It's a clue, a bait, and later another. At first I didn't buy it, as every leak, and now I don't know what to think. But we all agree in that: this leak is not normal.

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
I feel some beans will be spilled by the end of next week.

Either some insider is gonna snap under all the pressure from team real and drop a character name to prove teak fake once and for all, or were gonna see that version of Grinch (inside the present clipart) soon and maybe even in game video.

But, beans will be spilled. Soon. (Prediction was made by my cousin, Elcaro A. Ton) Cap this so you can yell at me when it doesnt happen

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Rule of Edginess #1: If you see anyone maining Sonic/Cloud/Dark Pit, switch to Shadow immediatelly and defeat them in order to showcase who's the true Ultimate Lifeform/Supreme Edgelord.
What if they’re also playing Shadow?
serious question

who has been watching the august smash direct over and over?
Too busy listening to Gang Plank Galleon

Raspberry

Smash Journeyman
This comparison appears to be of the leak with the current banner from the website, where Squirtle is shifted to the left. Squirtle and Ivysaur appear to be in the same location relative to each other in the 8.8 version of the banner.

Yet by doing so, you've changed the perfect superimposition of Pokemon Trainer's leg to one that doesn't fit anymore. This isn't an argument, just something I thought I'd add.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Why would there be a trailer for Banjo-Threeie in a Nintendo direct? I could see Nintendo getting Banjo for Smash, but Banjo-Threeie (if that ever happens) will 100% be a Microsoft exclusive
I could see a tie-in with a N64 classic with Rare titles going along with a General Direct, though more than likely it would be revealed on the web after their Smash reveal (assuming this is all real ofc)

Not really? I'm more inclined to agree with people who have actual reputations and track records for this stuff, but I (nor anyone else) are saying "I don't want this to be real because then insiders would be wrong". Pretty much exclusively having people going "I don't like that Insiders disagree and are being snippish over getting constantly pestered so screw them"
"I want this to be fake because then the insiders will be right and everyone will be wrong" yes people have said this

Last edited:

SmashingXan2

Smash Journeyman
You know, what if they do Banjo's trailer like Duck Hunt's, where they have him in one of the first 2 games and smashers in their N64 models come to bring him to smash

CrunchyCHEEZIT

Smash Journeyman
maybe the stuff they're saying would actually matter more if they gave any inside info that contradicts the leak like... you know... insiders are supposedly said to do? but no, they gotta protect their sources, which is totally understandable, but I wish people would stop taking their word like it has any significant weight if they're just throwing out conjecture like everyone else is.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom