• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheKnight

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3539-9322-9633
Switch FC
SW-2614-3733-6607
You must have missed when a team fake dude sent a death threat to someone else on reset Era(?). Again you're just wasting your breath.
While I agree that a lot of people here believe the leak or want to believe the leak, bringing up one person's actions doesn't constitute the whole. It's like the Waluigi thing with Sakurai's Twitter all over again.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
My god, this is worryingly parallel to actual political discussions. "Both sides are bad" "But ONE side is worse than the other" "I only care about the TRUTH!!!" "INSIDERS!!!!"

Jesus, I left all that behind me...

AugustusB

Smash Champion
I haven't made any comment on Incineroar though

If the leak is real and the cat's out; I'm gonna be ecstatic forever but that big goofy cat-shaped hole in my heart won't be filled

If the leak is fake; I'll be pretty sad even though I'm team fake (I'm just dumb like that) BUT...I'LL HAVE INCINEROAR. So it's good
But that damaged heart can be filled....with Geno *wink wink*

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
the remaining characters are goku, ben shapiro, fat banjo, reboot dante, thanos from fortnite and tingle

Last edited:

Darkmoone1

Smash Apprentice
I feel some beans will be spilled by the end of next week.

Either some insider is gonna snap under all the pressure from team real and drop a character name to prove teak fake once and for all, or were gonna see that version of Grinch (inside the present clipart) soon and maybe even in game video.

But, beans will be spilled. Soon. (Prediction was made by my cousin, Elcaro A. Ton) Cap this so you can yell at me when it doesnt happen
Eh not to be doubtful for some closure on this. However, what's scarier? Being pressured by a subset of fans for a videogame, or Masahiro Sakurai and his team of ninja lawyers? I'm pretty certain no one wants to feel Sakurais wrath, especially since this game will most likely be his crowning achievement.

Insiders are gonna keep those mouths shut for certain.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
No matter what we can all agree on one single thing.

INCINEROAR SUCKS COMPLETE ****
WHETHER YOU LOVE HIM OR YOU HATE HIM YOU JUST GOTTA RESPECT HIM

YOU CAN BOO ALL YOU WANT, BUT INCINEROAR KNOWS THE POWER OF HUSTLE, LOYALTY, AND RESPECT.

HE'S NOT A BAD GUY. HE'S NOT A GOOD GUY. HE'S THE GUY.

TO BE THE CAT, YOU GOTTA BEAT THE CAT.

OOOOH YEAH!! DIG IT!

AND WHEN THE DUST IS CLEARED AND THE DIRECTS ARE DONE, ONE CAT WILL OVERCOME THE ODDS.

NEVER. GIVE. UP.

DqOafQNWoAAJvUc.png

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
What are you talking about? I thought he was in until now. I mean that's one of my favorite starters.

From Pokemon?

You know Pokemon, right?

I think I know Pokemon.

I saw him in a dream he came to me and he took me in his arms.

He said "IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT YOU THINK"

I don't remember anything.

When I remember the truck it gets really blurry

And I hear a lot of yelling

And it's so confusing

And now I hear people telling me to wake up in my head

It's crazy I think

But

Incineroar? Now he's a badass how do you not love that guy
I've been having these weird thoughts lately. Like, is any of this for real, or not?
Ohhh~ *beat drop*

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
Heh. One of the only differences between the 8.8 banner and the Isabelle banner is that there's a slightly darker bit of shadow under Squirtle's tail. I dunno why this is funny to me.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982

Seriously why do people hate Incineroar so much?

Is it his design? He isn't particularly bad looking. He looks fine.
Is it the fact he was once the gatekeeper for speculation for about a month or two? Not a good reason to dislike any character.
Is it you want another Pokemon? That's fine, but it isn't like he is a out there choice "stealing" a slot from another popular Pokemon.

Just very strange if you ask me. I am indifferent about him overall, but the vitriol he gets is perplexing.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Or maybe Incineroar is actually in as a pokeball and not a playable pokemon, which could explain why insiders' sources have seen him, but they just couldn't tell it wasn't playable.
This is a possibility...

The Pokéball Pokémon and Assist Trophies this game are reasonably high res (though they're obviously not going to be as good, Knuckles doesn't even emote when he's attacking, for instance).
Also I really hope the leak is even more real because the insiders for the most part need to be put in their place. They all act so cocky and it’s tiresome. They need to be knocked down a peg and this would by one hell of a way for Nintendo to do it by protecting such a god damn amazing roster and throwing insiders for a a loop.
Some of the insiders are acting pretty arrogantly, but there are just as many who are perfectly nice (and probably just stressed out).

Either way, one side of this debacle is going to end up looking mighty silly.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
This reminds me, Pit was going to be in 64 at one point, wasn't he? Kind of a pity Yooka-Laylee aren't in the running, since they got 64-ish models, which would cut down some work.
Nope.

https://sourcegaming.info/2016/04/29/duflupdate/

Pit in Smash 64 being dropped because they couldn’t get his wings working seems to be another unfounded rumor, as no evidence supporting it can be found. It also seems likely that if this were the case, this would have been mentioned in some capacity during Brawl’s development.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Man, 64 classic with Banjo-Kazooie, Tooie, DK 64, and maybe a few others (Diddy Kong Racing? Perfect Dark? Conker? The last one is very doubtful) would be amazing
I agree. Ideally in a perfect world I would want Banjo-Kazooie, Banjo-Tooie, Goldeneye, and Diddy Kong Racing (DK64 is a given, I think). However, given we may only get 10-15 games on it (projecting from the others, PS Classic I think has 20), other licensing issues and possibly keeping the highest rating T, my realistic guesses would be Banjo-Kazooie, Diddy Kong Racing, maybe Jet Force Gemini.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero

Is it the fact he was once the gatekeeper for speculation for about a month or two? Not a good reason to dislike any character.
Is it you want another Pokemon? That's fine, but it isn't like he is a out there choice "stealing" a slot from another popular Pokemon.

Just very strange if you ask me. I am indifferent about him overall, but the vitriol he gets is perplexing.
Saelind's playing but in general your point is very valid

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
My god, this is worryingly parallel to actual political discussions. "Both sides are bad" "But ONE side is worse than the other" "I only care about the TRUTH!!!" "INSIDERS!!!!"

That's the thing, you never leave it behind you

RandysRage

Smash Journeyman
Somewhere between the North and South Poles
I don't think anything mate. I'm just going by the science. And I can prove to you that people who prefer Incineroar are wrong
Don't make me

I thought we weren't bashing other people's wants in here.

I want Incineroar but couldn't care less about the other characters in the Grinch leak, yet you don't see me being a total a-hole about it.

Can't we all just share memes and argue in peace?

Saelind Genesis

Smash Apprentice
I will admit there is something about Incineroar in Smash that legit pisses me off.

It's so ****ing uninspiring. It's a big dumb cat who fights and uses fire. Whoop de ****ing do. idk, I just seems like an easy escape. There's so many different Pokémon who have so many flashy styles and all. Decidueye could be an amazing concept and playstyle.

And before you mention Ken or other character, those ones have history. So the excitement for them would be different.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
There's one guy in here who's hardcore TeamFake with basically zero likes compared to multiple others who've viciously argued that it's real beyond a shadow of a doubt and people are delusional for thinking otherwise and posts going "**** the insiders they need to be brought down" getting a bunch of likes.

From everything I've seen in this thread, Team Real is far more irritable and meanspirited than Team Fake.

And Team Hmm is basically Switzerland, for as much as they matter. I hang on the net to get away from politics, not get back into them.

I will admit there is something about Incineroar in Smash that legit pisses me off.

It's so ****ing uninspiring. It's a big dumb cat who fights and uses fire. Whoop de ****ing do. idk, I just seems like an easy escape. There's so many different Pokémon who have so many flashy styles and all. Decidueye could be an amazing concept and playstyle.

And before you mention Ken or other character, those ones have history. So the excitement for them would be different.
You forget Primarina, who'd have interesting water abilities and have to wander around without legs.

K, thought as much. If they're going to use characters, I figure it'd be the ones who already have 64 3D models.

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908

It's because he's YET ANOTHER anime swordfighter. Ugh! Come on Sakurai.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero

Now you getting too serious you leave my boy alone

Untouch

Smash Master
I hope Luigi's new FS is somehow connected to Super Paper Mario, seeing how focal of a character he was in the game's story (that is if he's even getting a new FS).

Saelind Genesis

Smash Apprentice
Don't make me

I thought we weren't bashing other people's wants in here.

I want Incineroar but couldn't care less about the other characters in the Grinch leak, yet you don't see me being a total a-hole about it.

Can't we all just share memes and argue in peace?
You clearly haven't been paying attention mate

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Ok all you Incenroar haters need to cut your ****ing ****.

Everyone has a right to an opinion. That does not mean if yours is different you can ****ing harass people.

That’s disgusting and all you people doing so should stop. Act your age or better for Christ sakes.

Also Incenroar Tapu Koko And sillvally were the best Pokémon choices. Decidieye wasn’t getting in since it was In pokken and Pokémon markets Pokémon for different things

lightdrago

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW 2938 1058 0987
Heh. One of the only differences between the 8.8 banner and the Isabelle banner is that there's a slightly darker bit of shadow under Squirtle's tail. I dunno why this is funny to me.

Shadow confirmed for Smash Ultimate.

I’ve been wondering that myself since the Sun/Moon days.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
So I know I said I was gonna take a break, but I noticed this in that image where the guy compared the E3 banner to the leak's before using Median to blur the castle:

hmmm.png

If you look closely, and compare it to E3's, the shape seems to be nearly the same, save for blotches and artifacts. Also, there's some green, and blue below it, with that small crystal lining up with the official artwork (though one near it seems to be missing).

I would have taken this section out of the original leak itself, however I'm not exactly sure what I need to do to make the colors more-visible, although increasing the saturation does make the green visible in the original leak. I know that messing with an image can in fact make things appear that you didn't know were there, as the history of FNaF has proven.

I'm also not gonna debate as much anymore, though I do like discussing stuff, so... I'm not really sure how Squirtle and Ivysaur's placement is odd?

Last edited:

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
I agree. Ideally in a perfect world I would want Banjo-Kazooie, Banjo-Tooie, Goldeneye, and Diddy Kong Racing (DK64 is a given, I think). However, given we may only get 10-15 games on it (projecting from the others, PS Classic I think has 20), other licensing issues and possibly keeping the highest rating T, my realistic guesses would be Banjo-Kazooie, Diddy Kong Racing, maybe Jet Force Gemini.
Gotta admit, I always hated Goldeneye lol. But it's a classic so I'm down for that as well. Unless it's a matter of that vs. Perfect Dark :p

FreeFox

Smash Lord
Hello, everyone.
I am sorry for interrupt the conversation. You all probably dont know who I am since I have been a guest that has been looking at this topic as a guest. I have been here since this thread was started to see people like Zinith become the unofficial pet with his love of Boshi. I have seen the low and ups , stuff like when the topic was separated into the general discussion thread and the leaks thread. The reason I decided to make an account was just to share a few opinions. I hope no one minds my interruption and I apologize in advance if it does.

I wanted to say that I dont think it is fair to compare this to the ESRB leak. It is a different situation, in that one we had many images that showed stuff in the game and we even got a video of gameplay. I think that saying the two are the same basically ignore what makes the grinch leak and the ESRB leak special. The grinch leak has stuff proving to be related to someone that works on the graphics design field, an amazing possibility and an empty background. The moment you treat the two as the same is the momento people start bringing up irrelevant points like "this is like the Little Mac situation". I humbly request the people of this thread to try to separate the two. Dont compare them, measure them on their own merits.

The second thing, I want to bring up is that I understand that people usually have a mentality of either or. I know that people want to see the info of insiders and Verge about Incineroar as a threat to the leak but it isnt. There is a chance that both can be true since this isnt necessarily the whole roster. Just as posible, they could both be fake. Verge didnt have the whole roster, but it doesnt mean that the information he gave was wrong. Just because there is information that can be contradictory, it doesnt necessarily mean that it is contradictory. I think the positions of people like Vaanrose and Zinith are the most healthy ones. Dont try to prove that a leak is right or wrong. Analyze everything, be curious, share your knowledge and let people come to their own conclusions. The truth will eventually arise (sooner rather than later in this case).

Finally, I want to recommend people to consider what they share. There has been a lot of misinformation spread especilly today when people lied about the words of Serebii and Vergeben, or when people brought up points that have aready been proved fake like the gem situation with Megaman. What is worse is that fake stuff and real stuff is constantly posted ad nauseum. I believe it would help the thread if it didnt have to constantly stop to repeat what is being said especially when it happens with the next page.

Anyway, I apologize once again for interrupting the discussion. I have read many times how people here are curious about what guests have to say so here is a ex-guest sharing his thought.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908

So what you're telling me is that Shadow is confirmed as a Squirtle echo fighter?

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
No, Incineroar is the reason we are breathing right now.
Incineroar wil lsave the world.
If you're not with the roar then you get burned.
You know, this makes me think of a possible parody of a Disney movie...The Inciner King, if you know what I mean.

Man, it'd be funny if they made something like that.

Incineroar: Charizard, brother! Help me!

Charizard: *Grabs Incineroar's hands* Long live the king. *throws him off the cliff*

Litten: NOOOOOOOOOO!

Last edited:

AugustusB

Smash Champion

That is kind of interesting...with all this placement and moving character talk, yeah, I can see it being pretty funny.

Confirmation

Smash Ace
Incineroar's signature move is literally T-Posing at enemies at high speed, much of this hate is undeserved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom