• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Oh well, it was a fun two days not having an Incineroar echo chamber.

I hope people understand the irony of forcing people to like a heel.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Ok all you Incenroar haters need to cut your ****ing ****.

Everyone has a right to an opinion. That does not mean if yours is different you can ****ing harass people.

That’s disgusting and all you people doing so should stop. Act your age or better for Christ sakes.

Also Incenroar Tapu Koko And sillvally were the best Pokémon choices. Decidieye wasn’t getting in since it was In pokken and Pokémon markets Pokémon for different things
Pokken has nothing to do with whether or not Decidueye could be in Smash.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
You know, this makes me think of a possible parody of a Disney movie...The Inciner King, if you know what I mean.

Man, it'd be funny if they made something like that.

Incineroar: Charizard, brother! Help me!

Charizard: *Grabs Incineroar's hands* Long live the king. *throws him off the cliff*

Kid Incineroar: NOOOOOOOOOO!
By "kid Incineroar", you mean Litten, right?

Weeman

Smash Crusader
I will admit there is something about Incineroar in Smash that legit pisses me off.

It's so ****ing uninspiring. It's a big dumb cat who fights and uses fire. Whoop de ****ing do. idk, I just seems like an easy escape. There's so many different Pokémon who have so many flashy styles and all. Decidueye could be an amazing concept and playstyle.
And before you mention Ken or other character, those ones have history. So the excitement for them would be different.
You hate him because you FEAR him.

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
Not that I don’t respect people’s doubts and skepticism but I think one of the most tiring arguments against this leak is “Sakurai said don’t expect too many newcomers and yet you think we’ll get this many?”

Yes, he meant his word on that and the Grinch banner doesn’t go against it.

In total, we have about only 10 newbies discounting echoes which sounds reasonably small to me.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Pokken has nothing to do with whether or not Decidueye could be in Smash.

It may say that but Incenroar made a thousand more times sense. Pokémon doesn’t use the same Pokémon to promote multiple things, they switch it up.

Honest Slug

Smash Journeyman
I still think it's kinda funny how some people who say that team real is mean also say they want it to be fake just to fart on them.
a. That's also as mean as saying you don't want Incineroar to be in the game.
b. That assumes every team real-er is mean, which is a perfect straw-man.

If you want to prove that your side is "The good guys" it'll only end in futility.

Last edited:

cothero

Smash Lord
Hello, everyone.
I am sorry for interrupt the conversation. You all probably dont know who I am since I have been a guest that has been looking at this topic as a guest. I have been here since this thread was started to see people like Zinith become the unofficial pet with his love of Boshi. I have seen the low and ups , stuff like when the topic was separated into the general discussion thread and the leaks thread. The reason I decided to make an account was just to share a few opinions. I hope no one minds my interruption and I apologize in advance if it does.

I wanted to say that I dont think it is fair to compare this to the ESRB leak. It is a different situation, in that one we had many images that showed stuff in the game and we even got a video of gameplay. I think that saying the two are the same basically ignore what makes the grinch leak and the ESRB leak special. The grinch leak has stuff proving to be related to someone that works on the graphics design field, an amazing possibility and an empty background. The moment you treat the two as the same is the momento people start bringing up irrelevant points like "this is like the Little Mac situation". I humbly request the people of this thread to try to separate the two. Dont compare them, measure them on their own merits.

The second thing, I want to bring up is that I understand that people usually have a mentality of either or. I know that people want to see the info of insiders and Verge about Incineroar as a threat to the leak but it isnt. There is a chance that both can be true since this isnt necessarily the whole roster. Just as posible, they could both be fake. Verge didnt have the whole roster, but it doesnt mean that the information he gave was wrong. Just because there is information that can be contradictory, it doesnt necessarily mean that it is contradictory. I think the positions of people like Vaanrose and Zinith are the most healthy ones. Dont try to prove that a leak is right or wrong. Analyze everything, be curious, share your knowledge and let people come to their own conclusions. The truth will eventually arise (sooner rather than later in this case).

Finally, I want to recommend people to consider what they share. There has been a lot of misinformation spread especilly today when people lied about the words of Serebii and Vergeben, or when people brought up points that have aready been proved fake like the gem situation with Megaman. What is worse is that fake stuff and real stuff is constantly posted ad nauseum. I believe it would help the thread if it didnt have to constantly stop to repeat what is being said especially when it happens with the next page.

Anyway, I apologize once again for interrupting the discussion. I have read many times how people here are curious about what guests have to say so here is a ex-guest sharing his thought.
Nice text. Welcome to CrazyBoards.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I hope Luigi's new FS is somehow connected to Super Paper Mario, seeing how focal of a character he was in the game's story (that is if he's even getting a new FS).
One of my only memories of Brawl era speculation was really really really wanting Dimentio to be in the game.
I was to oblivious to really understand why that was a long shot. I also wanted Mr. L. I think I was like... 12, or something.

Last edited:

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
I'm pretty certain no one wants to feel Sakurais wrath, especially since this game will most likely be his crowning achievement.

Insiders are gonna keep those mouths shut for certain.
Your average Vergeben probably wont make any bold moves for a while, but theres always the one fool who tempts fate.

ESRB guy with Smash 4 was a cocky soul, and his remains are in 8 different landfills at the moment. And, if this is real, we have another target for the ninjas/sentinels. Always one.

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
Oh well, it was a fun two days not having an Incineroar echo chamber.

I hope people understand the irony of forcing people to like a heel.
Well generally heels are only really disliked in kayfabe. They are the bad guy in story lines but are still supposed to be appealing to the audience. If the audience doesn't like a heel they are doing something wrong

IMainKingKRool

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NYEH_HEH_HEH
it is pretty funny how the whole point of incineroar's design is a dirty wrestler, someone you'd love to hate, and it actually garners hate

AugustusB

Smash Champion
So with Rock Incineroar, can I have a selfish request in the back of peoples minds...

IF he is not in the game, can we please have Mankind (Portrayed by any of the 'new' characters) telling off Incineroar "It doesn't matter what YOU think!"

Any wrestling fans out there? You know what I mean.

EDIT: I wouldn't mind the Fire Cat, but I think fair would be fair in the end.

Last edited:

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
That is kind of interesting...with all this placement and moving character talk, yeah, I can see it being pretty funny.
The shadows change every update, sometimes in completely pointless ways. But I hadn't noticed that they change even when the characters don't move before comparing the 8.8 and Isabelle banners. I think it's fair to discount the idea that the shadows being different on the leak is evidence against it because of this.

Darkurai

Smash Master
I still think it's kinda funny how some people who say that team real is mean also say they want it to be fake just to fart on them.
a. That's also as mean as saying you don't want Incineroar to be in the game.
b. That assumes every team real-er is mean, which is a perfect straw-man.

If you want to prove that your side is "The good guys" it'll only end in futility.
Some people in the world are jerks.

This is an unfortunate fact of life. I wish it were different, but that's just the world we live in. The thing about jerks though is that they don't need to have any real common ground. They can like different things, believe in different things, the only thing they need to have in common is that they are jerks.

Unfortunately, some jerks believe in the Grinch Leak. Unfortunately, some jerks believe the Grinch Leak is fake. They all express these beliefs differently. Some people think you'd have to be a foolish sheep just looking for anything that confirms your favorite character to believe the leak. Some people think you're an overly critical nitpick who believes whatever the big names on YouTube and Twitter say if you think the leak is fake.

Some people, for whatever the reason, are just jerks. And unfortunately, they can really get to us. They can nag at us and make us want to strike back at anyone that looks like a jerk - whether or not they are one.

This leak unfortunately, real or fake, has brought out the worst in a lot of us. I hope a Direct will come soon to clear everything up, because I think the uncertainty is doing some awful things to us.

EDIT: Didn't realize the word I was repeating over and over would get censored lol. Changed it to "jerks".

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Nintendo is inevitably going to have to reveal the final Smash Direct before the game's release worldwide on December 7th, and while this leak may have removed the element of surprise from the most noteworthy aspect (the fighters), these are the following things we still do not know.

• The remaining 5 stages if the CoroCoro information is true (which corresponds to the five newcomers, ironically)
  • Any remaining Assist Trophies
  • If regular Trophies still exist and how you can get them
  • Any Stadium Events
  • Spirits Mode (obviously!)
  • Any bonus content, such as a historical retrospective on the 20 years of the franchise (it'll be 20 in 2019)
  • Lastly, if push comes to shove, announce the first DLC fighter
The fact that Spirits Mode, of all things, has not been fully spoiled should still be a net positive for Nintendo and Sakurai, since they could promote the hell out of this mode.

Only question now is... when will they do this? I know people say between the 5th and 12th of November, but I think it may be a week after that before the American Thanksgiving and Black Friday holidays.

Noipoi

Howdy!
So with Rock Incineroar, can I have a selfish request in the back of peoples minds...

IF he is not in the game, can we please have Mankind (Portrayed by any of the 'new' characters) telling off Incineroar "It doesn't matter what YOU think!"

Any wrestling fans out there? You know what I mean.
I refuse to draw this.

The_Naraotor

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1669-2956-1774
I'm kinda enjoying thus far the uproar of this leak

Beside the fact that still to this day this leak devide our community in such way make this more surreal to me. That madman who leaked that just wanted to watch the whole world burn !

Saelind Genesis

Smash Apprentice
Alright lads, to everyone who was offended(?) by the Incineroar jokes, I apologise. I was just trying to get some laughs. I don't really care for the cat, but I don't mean any harm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom