• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Thanks for the condescension that serves only to reflect your lack of reading comprehension. I know what content aware is and I know how it works. Our only difference of opinion is that I felt you were understating the amount of time it would take to create a clean background layer. We could have a different opinion about what constitutes a lot of time, or what errors would be passable, but instead why not just assume I have no idea what I'm talking about?
Dude, there is no condescension in his post at all. Its just 'matter-of-fact' since its what he does. If you see condescension, its because you're a bit too defensive.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
I haven't made any comment on Incineroar though

If the leak is real and the cat's out; I'm gonna be ecstatic forever but that big goofy cat-shaped hole in my heart won't be filled

If the leak is fake; I'll be pretty sad even though I'm team fake (I'm just dumb like that) BUT...I'LL HAVE INCINEROAR. So it's good

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Good grief we've gone from "I hope the leak is real because I like the characters" to "I hope the leak is real because **** insiders"
"**** these people for wanting to keep their jobs and treating me as exactly what I'm acting like"

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
You know, what if they do Banjo's trailer like Duck Hunt's, where they have him in one of the first 2 games and smashers in their N64 models come to bring him to smash
That's the exact same thought I had for my fan trailer idea. I'd love to see some NES characters and characters from the Wii/Wii U era would look like in N64 models. Such a perfect opportunity.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
I find it odd how this is okay but when a whole bunch of people are glad a big leak disproves Incineroar it's toxic.
Please forgive me I wasn't aware me posting one image and just slightly ribbing on the guy (who did say, you know, Incineroar sucks which you conveniently forgot-and, you know, as I was joking, he was also, clearly, joking) is anywhere privy to the vast majority saying either "Incineroar doesn't matter to most", "Incineroar is boring and [x] is better", "If the leak's real we don't get the stupid fire cat", and etc for the past days

Last edited:

JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL

Smash Lord
NNID
JacobReal!
Switch FC
SW-4350-2362-0253
Alright, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't feeling guilty for how I acted towards Omni

StormC

Smash Hero

If the leak is real and the cat's out; I'm gonna be ecstatic forever but that big goofy cat-shaped hole in my heart won't be filled

If the leak is fake; I'll be pretty sad even though I'm team fake (I'm just dumb like that) BUT...I'LL HAVE INCINEROAR. So it's good
What you have positioned is both the good ending and the bad ending.

The golden ending is that the leak is real and Incineroar is also in.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
I hope the next character is Goku just to see the fallout of that.
That would be hilarious and would love it.

EVERYONE IS WRONG!

Insert Ultimate theme with video of the remaining Characters showing that we went full Mugen with Goku, Batman, Mickey, Popeyes

The DanMan051

Banned via Warnings
My point is both sides are equally emotional. You're wasting your breath trying to paint one side to be more evil than the other.
There's one guy in here who's hardcore TeamFake with basically zero likes compared to multiple others who've viciously argued that it's real beyond a shadow of a doubt and people are delusional for thinking otherwise and posts going "**** the insiders they need to be brought down" getting a bunch of likes.

From everything I've seen in this thread, Team Real is far more irritable and meanspirited than Team Fake.

Last edited:

Spinzilla

Smash Rookie

What if both happen? Direct in January about Majora’s Mask and then

“BAW GAWD THATS INCINEROR’S MUSIC”

He steal chairs Majora and runs off with his splash screen.

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
You know, what if they do Banjo's trailer like Duck Hunt's, where they have him in one of the first 2 games and smashers in their N64 models come to bring him to smash
I won't accept any trailer that doesn't include Banjo and Kazooie murdering Bayonetta in cold blood just because she's a witch.

Edit: It's a joke, I'd cry at any trailer they gave them.

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Man, how many people of elevated status are gonna put themselves out there to offer suggestions about the leak to be screeched at by people on the internet

You can't debate with most of the people trying to participate, on either side of the fence. Big oof

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
That would be hilarious and would love it.

EVERYONE IS WRONG!

Insert Ultimate theme with video of the remaining Characters showing that we went full Mugen with Goku, Batman, Mickey, Popeyes
but still no waluigi

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Alright, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't feeling guilty for how I acted towards Omni
Not speaking to you in particular, but there are some fans who take things too far, and harassing people like Omni won't help anybody. I'm on Team Real, but I still found his video informative and balanced. The arguments he made were compelling, though he admitted himself that they were nitpicks, he listed his assumptions, and just noted what he saw.

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
I have an idea, so that team fake can have an emotional argument to counteract team real's "miracle roster" ideal.

The scope of spirits mode directly corresponds to that of the amount of newcomers. The more characters we get, the less time was spent on spirits, making the mode more underwhelming as a result.

Whatever we're getting is likely to be bigger if Kencineroar is the climax, while the Grinch leak means it probably won't be anywhere on the level of the Subspace Emissary.

There's one guy in here who's hardcore TeamFake with basically zero likes compared to multiple others who've viciously argued that it's real beyond a shadow of a doubt and people are delusional for thinking otherwise and posts going "**** the insiders they need to be brought down" getting a bunch of likes.

From everything I've seen in this thread, Team Real is far more irritable and meanspirited than Team Fake.
You must have missed when a team fake dude sent a death threat to someone else on reset Era(?). Again you're just wasting your breath.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I hope the next character is Goku just to see the fallout of that.
I feel some beans will be spilled by the end of next week.

Either some insider is gonna snap under all the pressure from team real and drop a character name to prove teak fake once and for all, or were gonna see that version of Grinch (inside the present clipart) soon and maybe even in game video.

But, beans will be spilled. Soon. (Prediction was made by my cousin, Elcaro A. Ton) Cap this so you can yell at me when it doesnt happen
Oh it will happen I know it

Or the next reveal to determine the leak

Or someone finds the hanging Grinch connected to the yellow present with red ribbons someplace

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908

Incineroar never even existed though? You've been saying this name and nobody even knows who you're talking about.

Besides, it's about time you woke up. Wake up. Wake up. Wake up. We miss you.
You've been in a coma for 5 years.

JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL

Smash Lord
NNID
JacobReal!
Switch FC
SW-4350-2362-0253
Not speaking to you in particular, but there are some fans who take things too far, and harassing people like Omni won't help anybody. I'm on Team Real, but I still found his video informative and balanced. The arguments he made were compelling, though he admitted himself that they were nitpicks, he listed his assumptions, and just noted what he saw.
That's why I feel guilty. I guess I'm too attached.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Man, how many people of elevated status are gonna put themselves out there to offer suggestions about the leak to be screeched at by people on the internet

You can't debate with most of the people trying to participate, on either side of the fence. Big oof
BUT YOU'RE NOT SAYING WHAT I WANT YOU TO SAY SO YOU CAN PROVE ME RIGHT REEEEEE

Saelind Genesis

Smash Apprentice
User was warned for this post
No matter what we can all agree on one single thing.

INCINEROAR SUCKS COMPLETE ****

Flyboy

Smash Hero

Dream scenario: they're both real.

But yeah, I'm with you. Neither leak has my most-wanted and I seriously doubt Phoenix Wright or Elma are being saved for a big reveal, so either way I lose, but I also win since Banjo, Isaac, Mach Rider, any RH reps, and Incineroar are all characters I or my friends want.

I love that fire cat tho.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Incineroar never even existed though? You've been saying this name and nobody even knows who you're talking about.

Besides, it's about time you woke up. Wake up. Wake up. Wake up. We miss you.
You've been in a coma for 5 years.
What are you talking about? I thought he was in until now. I mean that's one of my favorite starters.

From Pokemon?

You know Pokemon, right?

I think I know Pokemon.

I saw him in a dream he came to me and he took me in his arms.

He said "IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT YOU THINK"

I don't remember anything.

When I remember the truck it gets really blurry

And I hear a lot of yelling

And it's so confusing

And now I hear people telling me to wake up in my head

It's crazy I think

But

Incineroar? Now he's a badass how do you not love that guy

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
That's the exact same thought I had for my fan trailer idea. I'd love to see some NES characters and characters from the Wii/Wii U era would look like in N64 models. Such a perfect opportunity.
This reminds me, Pit was going to be in 64 at one point, wasn't he? Kind of a pity Yooka-Laylee aren't in the running, since they got 64-ish models, which would cut down some work.

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
I could see a tie-in with a N64 classic with Rare titles going along with a General Direct, though more than likely it would be revealed on the web after their Smash reveal (assuming this is all real ofc)
Man, 64 classic with Banjo-Kazooie, Tooie, DK 64, and maybe a few others (Diddy Kong Racing? Perfect Dark? Conker? The last one is very doubtful) would be amazing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom