• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Iridium

Smash Hero
I'm honestly just waiting to see some players play Ultimate right now at the events going on right now. I don't have enough time to worry over this, as I have a bad feeling both major sides are going to be disappointed in the end somehow.

Last edited:

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
You and I come from a fanbase that was certain Mother 3 was going to come out this year for like ten years straight. Let's... cool it.
I, uh, was never apart of the Mother 3 hype train that went on... I'm just pointing out that there are some pretty heated arguments going on over something that can't be confirmed or debunked.

Cheesehead302

Smash Rookie
This video sums up the state of the leak right now.
This is such a good representation of this chaos lmao. Side note, I wish I had tool assisted abilities when I play Puyo Puyo, that screen clearing stuff look satisfying as HELL.

KMDP

Smash Legend
I think he's trying to show that there's an obscure detail in the leak background (I wanna say that's the castle) that would be very hard to pay attention to.
Thanks for clearing that up.
it's the never ending debate that turns people off from the smash community and makes us look like an immature and nasty fanbase. I'm not trying to sound rude or anything, but I'm seeing people throwing insults at each other and this and that. It's completely ridiculous that people are getting that angry over the leak's credibility. Even if one side of the debate presents very good evidence, they won't know if they're right or wrong without Nintnedo's official confirmation.
WAAAAAH! WAAAAAH! WAAAAAH! WAAAAAH! WAAAAAH! WAAAAAH!
BAYOEN! BAYOEN! BAYOEN! BAYOEN! BAYOEN! BAYOEN!

An almost never-ending cycle of counter-attacks.

ekc

Smash Cadet
it's the never ending debate that turns people off from the smash community and makes us look like an immature and nasty fanbase. I'm not trying to sound rude or anything, but I'm seeing people throwing insults at each other and this and that. It's completely ridiculous that people are getting that angry over the leak's credibility. Even if one side of the debate presents very good evidence, they won't know if they're right or wrong without Nintnedo's official confirmation.
I've been a smash fan since Brawl, and only now just joined in on the conversation, I'm sure you can guess why. I just don't like how people talk to each other on game forums in general, but this leak go me to just go with it.

Dcas

Smash Journeyman
There's no way. There's no way the Grinch actually has a connection to Smash. This whole thing is too ridiculous to be real.
I mean, its either the most histerical and fanmade thing ive seen in the history of leaks or the leaker made a masterplan.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I hope Sakurai says things like "The next one is a mean one" and "Under the effects of this item, nobody would want to touch you with a thirty nine and a half foot poll" in the next direct

beans

Smash Lord
Okay, that castle video is something.
I dont know what but something.
I'm clearly bias btw, I wouldnt see a problem with detail changes like the crystal formation happening
There is no why for it but its a possibility I want to hold on

The Snitch Studio

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
3637 4300 0430
Seems new developments have popped up, interesting to say the least, I'm actually studying Graphics Design as I do hope to work at Nintendo one day, but I know this leak will be on my mind when im in class. I might show it to my Graphics Teacher, see what he thinks.

Also, I'd like to ask a question that alot of people haven't asked yet...What would happen to this leak if its Fake, but more on the lines off, would it be Investigated more even if its a hoex? Just a fun thought.

Nap_

Smash Journeyman
There should be easier answers.
Fake: The guy really works in a print company with the Grinch movie or even with Ultimate. It's a beast with photomanipulation and made it for the lulz. The name with the other man is just a coincidence. King of fakers.
True: Insiders got outdated or false info since Nintendo really wants to avoid any leaks.
Those are shorter ways but still unlikely. There must be some point which explain everything because anything makes sense at this point.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
I think when a new direct airs the mods should preemptively lock this thread and the threads of all related characters. The **** flinging is going to be insane. I know I'll be staying far away from smashboards for at least a week or two whichever way it goes.

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
2014 Meme: Shulk is photoshopped Little Mac

2018 Meme: The clouds in the official artwork are different from the ones in the leak. FAAAAAAAAAAKE

MojoRobo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScientistRobo
Switch FC
SW-7435-3779-2976
Anyways now that people seem to be getting burnt out on discussion (even though this is literally what everyone was asking for just a few days ago), what's a general gameplay change you guys like from Ultimate so far? Not character specific, but just a general change to the series' gameplay?
I like the approach of nerfing many staple combo starters from 4 and buffing other ones. A lot of characters in 4 played incredibly linearly because they really only had one or maybe two practical combo starters. The fact that they're making an effort to diversify them is really good.

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
Gotta say though, I feel bad for the Bara Tiger fans. It sucks to get your favorite ‘leaked’ and then realize they’re out...see thr Chorus Kid and Chrom fans last round. I was starting to come around too...
You say this like you're positive Incineroar isn't in the game. I wouldn't be so sure yet.

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238

Assuming Omni lined the two pictures up correctly, which I believe he did. The position of the tower in the background doesn't line up with the black line.
So while an interesting argument it doesn't really seem to be correct.
The two do seem different. I'm not seeing anything remotely close to a straight line in the bottom pic, let alone a tower.

But what do I know? This all looks like a bunch of blurry blobs to me. I'm getting a headache just by staring at this.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend

Assuming Omni lined the two pictures up correctly, which I believe he did. The position of the tower in the background doesn't line up with the black line.
Is the leak image not just tilted a bit? It's so close that claiming this guy made it himself seems odd; the space of Battlefield next to the line seems tilted compared to the official one.

The Snitch Studio

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
3637 4300 0430
I think when a new direct airs the mods should preemptively lock this thread and the threads of all related characters. The **** flinging is going to be insane. I know I'll be staying far away from smashboards for at least a week or two whichever way it goes.
Same Here, I might visit the Tails support thread tho, but I think after the next direct, we say FAR away from each other, you have a smart idea.

StormC

Smash Hero
I think if it's real, most people will be too happy to care about dunking on the skeptics.

Iridium

Smash Hero
If we get to 7,000 pages before the next Direct, then color me surprised. I'd actually be confused.

AugustusB

Smash Champion

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is where the clips got spliced together or at least close ya?
I could see the tower slightly to the RIGHT if that is the case.

Last edited:

Chrono.

People keep talking about avoiding disappointment like it's the freaking bubonic plague...is it really THAT bad to be disappointed that an already amazing video game may not be as perfect as it could be? Is that disappointment so gut-wrenchingly awful it must be fought tooth and nail to be avoided?

This is coming from a Team Cautiously Optimistic member, btw. I'm not telling you it's wrong to feel that way, but is skirting disappointment at the unfulfillment of a theoretical situation really so bad? I'm just trying to understand that frame of mind, because to me it seems pretty harmless.
For real.

How people handle how much they like the game's roster is their business. If their behavior becomes too toxic for discussion just have mods infract or ban them if it goes too far. That's literally what they're there for.

But otherwise the hype policing just comes off as a bunch of soccer moms.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Godamn, another coincidence.

Either is PURE luck, a super farfetchd fake or everything makes sense.
It's getting funny in a cosmic sort of way at this point.

People keep talking about avoiding disappointment like it's the freaking bubonic plague...is it really THAT bad to be disappointed that an already amazing video game may not be as perfect as it could be? Is that disappointment so gut-wrenchingly awful it must be fought tooth and nail to be avoided?

This is coming from a Team Cautiously Optimistic member, btw. I'm not telling you it's wrong to feel that way, but is skirting disappointment at the unfulfillment of a theoretical situation really so bad? I'm just trying to understand that frame of mind, because to me it seems pretty harmless.
It won't be the end of the world for me, I'm a patient man when it comes to this series.

I hope Sakurai says things like "The next one is a mean one" and "Under the effects of this item, nobody would want to touch you with a thirty nine and a half foot poll" in the next direct
Glad to see someone quote his theme song.

Also, you forgot "his soul is full of gunk".

Rigumaro

Smash Apprentice
I keep seeing around people from team real, who are so defensive when interacting with people from team fake. Almost getting offended, and accusing team fake of having a superiority complex, even.

I just want to say, that I think most people from team fake, me included, are not trying to ruin people's fun and hype. We don't enjoy bringing hopes down. But I feel like it's necessary, we just want people to not be disappointed. Honestly, I wish the leak was real. But I am putting effort in finding proof that it's fake for myself, because I don't want to get crushed if the leak turns out to be fake. But at the same time, I feel like helping others realize it's fake, can also prevent them from being incredibly disappointed. If the leak magically turns out to be real? I'd take all the "we told you so", I don't care, because I'd be happy too because I'd have Banjo & Kazooie in the game and that's all I care about.

tl;dr: People from team real, relax. We're not your enemy. We just want to save everyone from a crushing disappointment.

Dcas

Smash Journeyman
Why is everything about this circus lining up perfectly? I don't believe a lick of it. We're caught in a trap.
Oh trust me, i was 100% sure this was a mockup of a very talented person with a lot of time in his/her hands, but everything is aligning stupidly well.

As i said we are in for one of the greatest leaks or the greatest troll of the internet.

p.d: the post was deleted from 4chan, thankfully i still have the screencap with the timestamp.

Last edited:

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
It'll mostly be the guys I see here the most up front, with as many other people I can fit in the background. Sort of like Easter eggs.

If you are planning to include me in the art and since you said that you'll represent the users by their avatars, I kinda want to see how you would draw Adeleine in your style, though it would be awkward because while I like the character a lot, she doesn't really represent me at all XD

Cheesehead302

Smash Rookie

Maybe it isn't as bad as you've described, but damn it, does it suck. And I really mean suck. Honestly, I can compare it to the feeling you get when you're about to bust a nut but then the camera switches to an unfavorable spot, you know, the classic tale. Okay, you know what, disregard that. Here's a MUCH better example. Rewind the clock to just before E3 2015. There was a massive drought in Nintendo information, but we knew they'd be showing a new Star Fox game at E3, so we were hyped that not only are we getting this Star Fox game, but also whatever else they decide to reveal. What happens? I still remember the feeling I got watching the presentation live, as I watched the minutes tick away slowly but surely eating the time of the presentation away. And eventually, the entire show was over, and what was there to take from it? A new Star Fox game that looks like a rehash of Star Fox 64 with garbage controls, and pretty much absolutely nothing else. The excitement drained from me and the people watching this so fast, it was crazy. But anyway, I think it's just that people don't want to see this leak as what could be with pretty much every single character in it being absolutely HUGE, especially Banjo Kazooie but also Geno and Issac. The other reality most people see is that the last 2 character reveals are Incineroar, a character that most people could care less for and Ken, an echo fighter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom