• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I mean, they were shown an incomplete roster that barely look like anything from that leak... At this point we will end up with that? 25newcomers?
15-18; still a lot, but I can see it being done. Each unique character takes a year, so have different devs for each character/a group of select characters.

Hi, welcome back, have a counterpoint
Yup, the waterfall is definitely different, and some spots in the leak that we see are different are covered up by characters in official artwork so we can't compare those.

Leak looks really similar to the official one; since some characters in the leak image have blotches of color instead of being perfectly defined due to the quality, I would say the same stuff could happen to the background art in the image.

Last edited:

Mutsukki

Smash Ace
One side haven't had an argument since the background changing every time was proven to be normal (starting by trying to get some sort of image from a compressed mess of pixels but I digress).
You're pretty outdated if you think it was proven to be normal. It's the one thing people have been trying to say that "is normal" and yet everytime it's not true

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
In the end, Isaac is the only exciting character from that bunch for me, so my emotional investment in this “leak” is non-existent. Having said that... It’s bunk. All hell will break loose in a week or two when Fiery Cheetos Chester is revealed.

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
At this point, I almost want a Ken Assist Trophy just to see what would happen to speculation. I'm certain he's in, but I could just see the speculation chaos.

D

Deleted member

Yes, I don't know why you're assuming the Grinch thing and the banner were made at the same time. As far as anyone knows, it could have been the last thing there.
The point is that the Grinch material isn't fake. It's legitimate. That's what we're getting at here.

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
Who acts like an actual wolf.

Not a swordsman

Not a ninja

Not a knight

Not a wrestler

Not a opera singer

Not a archer

No personification what so ever, it is a wolf.
"You can't add Pikachu! He acts like an actual mouse!"

Personification isn't a bad thing, but it's not really a valid criticism.

Serebii

Serebii Owner
NNID
SerebiiJoe
One could construe what Serebii, GameXplain, Source Gaming and Smashified are doing (vehemently denying the leak) as a form of damage control.

Of course, they're not official sources, so... whatever.
Are you out of your mind?

So you're saying that we're paid off and that Nintendo would pay us to damage our reputations to say something was fake when it is going to turn out to be real?

That is some logic leap

mbvswb

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 4561 1118 2914
At this point, I almost want a Ken Assist Trophy just to see what would happen to speculation. I'm certain he's in, but I could just see the speculation chaos.
Any Box theory would just say it's another echo of like Medusa or something

God I hope that guy who spams about medusa doesnt see this

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
>spoilers
So, it's gotten this bad, huh.

They made a game called Tempo the Bad*** Elephant in 2015, and it was on everything but Nintendo platforms...
There's also Giga Wrecker which released in 2017, also not on a Nintendo system...
Needless to say, that kind of venture didn't last for long, between one having a controversial name despite its content and the other only being on PCs. GF can't seem to stray too far from Nintendo/Pokémon, all things considered.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

All this contradictory information between the leak and what insiders have seen from their sources makes me think Sakurai had some sort of galaxy brain strat to try and prevent info from leaking out early by spreading misinformation.

It's working, because I'm starting to wonder what to believe: the insiders or the leak.
It's simple. Which one has proof that amounts to more than "trust me, this guy I know and trust a lot told me it's fake cause he saw something different Oh, and he TOTALLY wasn't fed bait leaks by Nintendo, it's 100% the real final roster."

tsundoku

Smash Rookie
See, you can say whatever you want about why you doubt the leak and I don’t care because I’m not sold on it either, but for the life of me I don’t understand reasonings like this. In a game CENTERED around fanservice, how are any of these unlikely? If you leaked the roster of newcomers we had now as the final ones you’d be able to say the same exact ****, except that’s what we actually got.
its a lot more realistically possible in a post worldwide poll smash dev environment.
seeing as how they always used to do the Japanese magazine polls and then pretty much ignore the results. But lots of characters this time around scored high on the fan-repolls where they actually posted the results

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Nintendo Live 2018 starts (in Tokyo) on November 3rd (there's a second event in Kyoto 20 days later). (source)

If they have a new build of the Smash Demo to show, and that new build has new characters, next week would be the time to have the reveals (making a lot of assumptions, here).
And certainly when the game is the most danger of being leaked (again or for real.)

Phyr

Smash Journeyman
Dude, there's still a very real chance this could be fake. I'm not saying that it is (there's quite a bit of evidence for it, like what you said), but I am saying that if ends up being an elaborate hoax, you're going to make an *** out of yourself by making claims this bold.

Then again, it could be real. What do I know? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I wouldn't be an ass because this thing is so absurdly well done that in any case would set a TOTALLY NEW PRECEDENT on what lengths could people go for leaks.

But anyway, so far I'm seeing background is photoshopped shadow, EGRB 2.0 electric pikahuloo, to be fair.

RodNutTakin

Smash Ace
Guys?

Apparently some Italian beta tester got their hands on the game. Saw this in the r/Kirby Discord.

AustinMooMoo

Smash Rookie
One side haven't had an argument since the background changing every time was proven to be normal (starting by trying to get some sort of image from a compressed mess of pixels but I digress). Only thing going for them is the insiders info and there is a miriad of theories like that.

As for all as we know, the guy might have got the render because someone emailed him by accident, then he, by accident, did those instructions on how to mount the stand, and decided to print those in A ****ING ARMBAND because yeah.

You know how we call arguments like that? Meteorite arguments. Because everything could be caused by a meteorite falling in your head and killing someone. But that doesn't happen because it becomes SO RIDICULOUSLY RARE that it's not gonna happen, even in the realm of possibility.

Only thing going for team fake is to wait for Nintendo. That's it.
I'm not gonna rehash the whole pixels/compression/blur debate, it has been done multiple times and reputable videos have been created, ie: Artsy Omni, explaining what would happen in such cases. Both sides have factual statements on this matter. But again, there is the dismissive demeanor that is being displayed, it's not necessary. I'll extend an olive branch and say, I understand your POV and position on the matter.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I've been leaning towards fake since Vaan pointed out the inconsistencies, which still show up.

Coupled with the renders being available very very early before this leak(close to a month at least), and it's not adding up well.

The character list is cool, though.

Mango The Magician

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mango_Magician
The assumption that everything works backwards perfectly, but it's somehow impossible to work the same thing forward is a bit silly. People want to say that this guy wouldn't know about or go through all these hoops for a fake leak, but yet seem to not grasp that plenty of us have gone through these same hoops and made the same connections to try and verify this leak.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I'd like to imagine that once this is over we can sit down together and have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

What could we be more thankful for than the final roster?

KMDP

Smash Legend
Are you out of your mind?

So you're saying that we're paid off and that Nintendo would pay us to damage our reputations to say something was fake when it is going to turn out to be real?

That is some logic leap
Not at all.

I'm raising the possibility that they paid someone else to state that information (which eventually, in theory, gets to you).

It's obvious that that's conspiratorial, and I don't honestly believe it to be true.

But I'm just a layman who can't know what you know about the game.

Pakky

Smash Hero
"You can't add Pikachu! He acts like an actual mouse!"

Personification isn't a bad thing, but it's not really a valid criticism.
Pikachu doesn't act like a mouse though...

It can be anything it wants to be.

-A wrestler

- A doctor

- A rock star

- A Southern Belle

- Japanese pop star

it also surfs on a board... like a person.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom