• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Drifting

Smash Cadet
NNID
Driftie
OK this thread is hitting a low point in regards to smash discussion, so how about this for a spin?

Out of all the stages we know about, discounting FD and Battlefield, what are your guys’ top 5 most likely/wanted legal stages for competitve play?

D

Deleted member

Imagine if box theory turns out legit. This thread will be unbearable.
Can’t be any worse than that time I witnessed Serena’s Forest’s reaction to the announcement that FE Warrior’s roster would be focusing on Shadow Dragon, Awakening, and Fates.

That was a mess.

D

Deleted member

Uhh... do y'all seem to forget Isabelle or what?
That pupper's looking pretty hype if you ask me...
You are all making this pure doggo sad.

I must ask that you monsters cease this immediately, or we're gonna have to give AC's younger sibling a call...

For those who don't get the joke, Splatoon was made by a lot of the same people who make Animal Crossing.

ReeseBalaski

Smash Journeyman
I think most who don't like the box theory won't actually care all too much if it's true. After a day or two of being disappointed, they'll probably get over it.

After all, with how grand Ultimate is looking, it'll be very hard to stay mad at it. Besides, there's always DLC.

But even then, this is if it's true.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Alright, clearly we're dry for topics. Lucky for you I came up with something interesting to discuss!

So, let's talk about Incineroar :4pacman:
I guess you can say that we didn't C him and his time is now...
Incineroar is John Cena confirmed

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I mean, worst case scenario it's two other characters (that we don't know who it is shut up about kencineroar my god) and a Season Pass of DLC.
I mean if the theory is true then that would have to mean that Ken is an Echo given the placement of the Box (which I don't mind really) though not necessarily Incineroar.

Though if you've been reading up everything since E3, Incineroar is the closest thing we have to a "lock" barring any Gematsu thingy magingies so yeah.

I just think it's a pretty anti-hype way to finish out the newcomers for the game when you could have ended with K. Rool or even Simon/Richter.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
OK this thread is hitting a low point in regards to smash discussion, so how about this for a spin?

Out of all the stages we know about, discounting FD and Battlefield, what are your guys’ top 5 most likely/wanted legal stages for competitve play?
Hazards off makes a lot of stages all-of-a-sudden viable.
Gimme that legal WarioWare Inc. please. :4wario2:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Echo fighters in a nutshell:

Japan just titles things differently than we do. The game that Richter debuted in was called Castlevania: Rondo of Blood here in the US, but in Japan, the original title is Demon Castle Dracula X: Reincarnation of Blood. Just rolls right off the tongue.
Also, things with "dragon" somewhere in the title tend to be changed into something different for the export.

To be honest, the thing with the rotating topics is that nobody seems to attempt to discuss anything different. It’s basically:

“I very much dislike the fire cat”

“Bare skin on a woman? Hide the children!”

“Blimey! You expect me to believe there aren’t at least 5 characters left???”

“Pfft. As IF that leak is real. I don’t believe it because it doesn’t have my favorite characters in it.”

Once I get home i’ll maybe get an interesting topic going. Maybe.
You forgot about "People are actually humouring the possibility of Goku, Mickey Mouse and Popeye??? Time to leave.".

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
He's okay

To be honest, the thing with the rotating topics is that nobody seems to attempt to discuss anything different. It’s basically:

“Pfft. As IF that leak is real. I don’t believe it because it doesn’t have my favorite characters in it.”

And my favorite, "Why isn't anyone talking about smash anymore"

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276

I can always bring my old moveset idea that I had for Isaac.

D

Deleted member

PAC-LAND
Hanenbow
75M
Mario Bros.
and The Great Cave Offensive

Come on, we can mix up the competitive scene...

Right?

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908

I'm not super picky, just 5 stages that aren't the Animal Crossing ones tbh

Noipoi

Howdy!
I think Ken and Incineroar are in, but I also think the box is stupid and we're getting Geno, Shadow and possibly Steve? as well.

D

Deleted member

Alright, clearly we're dry for topics. Lucky for you I came up with something new and interesting to discuss!

I actually 180ed on him and like him now.

Fire kitty boy is hype.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118

As soon as Rumble Falls gets revealed as a DLC stage I'mma start a darn campaign to make the stage legal

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Speaking of legal stages for Ultimate, here's some serious talk. I'm worried it's going to be a repeat of Smash 4 as the stage system simply doesn't work anymore, ESPECIALLY as Ultimate changed it to Stage and then CSS. I believe Thinkamen had a more detailed post about it but basically the legal stages get picked and because learning counterpick stages takes more time, it's not worth the effort if they never get picked. This especially sucks as with stage hazards being a toggle and stage morphing the competitive scene should be absolutely blooming with ripe potential for spectacular matches and more variety

T3Z3R1

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5579-0990-8199
If Box Theory was correct after all, I can imagine that there will be ****storm very greater than reactions to Ash's loss at Kalos League Grand Finals, even /v/ will be filled with saltiness and so much angry people.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
I honestly think 2 characters could be hype to end on as long as they choose certain ones over others. With how much we've heard about Kencineroar however, there's gonna be a lot of salt if they're the last two.

I'd have to agree on your point about the modes. Gives me hope that For Glory will be something more complex than just "hey we record your wins and losses".
True, but in the grand scheme of things you've got a ballin' roster.

-Every veteran in Smash history, which Sakurai confirmed they were highly requested...because they were Smash Bros and all (mostly) loved within their own fandoms.
-Ridley and K. Rool, the two big guns of Smash Bros. speculation and big bads of two iconic franchises.
-Isabelle, a modern face of Nintendo in one of their highest selling IPs.
-Inkling, the face of a brand new IP that took the world by storm.
-Chrom and Dark Samus, two more fan requests that come from beloved games such as Awakening and the Prime games.
-Simon Belmont, a character from a series that inspired the indie game market with games based on it. And Richter because he's handsome.
-Daisy, a prominent and popular Mario character.
-Ken, the original clone character in the fighting game genre itself.
-Incineroar a brand new creature in video game's highest selling media franchise.

Either way you slice it this base roster is insanely good. Sure, some requests will miss out, but hey ho if nobody can find satisfaction among these 74 characters then there's really no pleasing them I am afraid.

Polar Bair

Smash Apprentice
NNID
jac398

Jungle Japes, Brinstar, Green Greens, WarioWare, Kalos Leage. All of these aren't safe picks but could work with the hazard toggle.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Something's wrong, before I starting asking Smash questions to The Collector my sig was fine, but something's happened to it.

I'd better not stop now.

TheMilkmann

Smash Apprentice
Let's see...
We've come to the conclusion that Crunchii is likely a faker looking for attention
There was a Chunky Kong meme posting session
And a long discussion on Pokemon Let's Go

A pretty average day on Smashboards if you ask me.
What page are the chunky memes on

Noipoi

Howdy!
True, but in the grand scheme of things you've got a ballin' roster.

-Every veteran in Smash history, which Sakurai confirmed they were highly requested...because they were Smash Bros and all (mostly) loved within their own fandoms.
-Ridley and K. Rool, the two big guns of Smash Bros. speculation and big bads of two iconic franchises.
-Isabelle, a modern face of Nintendo in one of their highest selling IPs.
-Inkling, the face of a brand new IP that took the world by storm.
-Chrom and Dark Samus, two more fan requests that come from beloved games such as Awakening and the Prime games.
-Simon Belmont, a character from a series that inspired the indie game market with games based on it. And Richter because he's handsome.
-Daisy, a prominent and popular Mario character.
-Ken, the original clone character in the fighting game genre itself.
-Incineroar a brand new creature in video game's highest selling media franchise.

Either way you slice it this base roster is insanely good. Sure, some requests will miss out, but hey ho if nobody can find satisfaction among these 74 characters then there's really no pleasing them I am afraid.
I wanted 173 characters! This game is stupid!!!!

Last edited:

alemerltoucanet

Smash Lord
NNID
AngrySilverBird
Honestly, I think the real reason why I think it'll be odd if box theory is real is that it would just top at fighter 69 and Ken would be the only other echo fighter even though those are a somewhat push in this game. It just seems.. eh, if it's true.

D

Deleted member

That's how he gets ya.
He sneaks up on you and body slams your heart.
TBH I think it was the T-posing.

The lad shall assert dominance over the roster. I demand the animation be as janky and beautiful as it is in SUMO, for only then will this game be truly Ultimate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom