• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Spring Man makes a lot of sense for the first DLC, with Ribbon Girl as an Echo. I wouldn't be surprised to see them both announced in the final Direct like Mewtwo was back in the day.

Honestly, I feel like a lot of this game's DLC (if it's getting any) will probably be centered around Wii U and Switch era stuff. They're gonna want characters they know will sell and also have character DLC be used for promotional purposes, so I'm personally not expecting too many retro or niche character picks, if there are any at all.

Last edited by a moderator:

Koopaul

Smash Champion
Nope, I'm not through going all that drama again. There's no guarantee that a character is going to get in just because they are popular but their fans are still going to feel entitled to the DLC slots. Nobody in my most wanted list is worth it.

Also, I want to see some characters from smaller Nintendo franchises and surprises. I don't want popularity to be the only threshold of being playable.
A ballot is likely whether you like it or not. And I'm warning people ahead of time that we need to be smarter than the last time. I think it took people by surprise before and we didn't know hiw things were going to play out.

Last edited:

SigmaMewtwo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SigmaMewtwo
3DS FC
4957-6442-1100
Switch FC
SW-7484-8678-9192
One thing I'm hoping for Peach in particular is that she'll have the option to swap between hairstyles. I love her long-haired appearance, but sometimes I feel it would be nice to change it up and sport her ponytail. Even if it had to be limited to a specific costume, which if I did have to pick just one with the ponytail, I'd have to pick her Kimono attire from Super Mario Odyssey. I think that would be quite the adorable costume for her, and even if it were made into a DLC one, I'd gladly purchase it. :love:

I wanted to post a picture of it, but the server seems to be having issues with me trying to upload it

Freduardo

Smash Champion
Boy people wouldn't shut up about that Geno leak last night. Anyway are we finally ready for a new discussion? Or should I just make another thread? (this thread has serious ADD)

*ahem*

I've been thinking about the potential future Ballot. Last time we eventually found out that a lot of the Ballot winners were reserved for Ultimate (like K. Rool) but I strongly believe that if we have another Ballot that it will most likely result in multiple fighters. Why? Because unlike the Wii U, the Switch is not a sinking ship where you'll want to carry your goods to another ship.

Either way, since it's not likely we'll be getting another Smash for many years I suggest we all be extremely wise about our ballot votes this time around. Be very careful and campaign for the right person.

I see a lot of people who suppport an "ARMS rep" but most of them can't agree which one they want. Well get it together ARMS fans! If you want a character in you all will have to agree on someone and then vote for him/her. You can't just write "ARMS rep" on the ballot. There is no way they will take that seriously.
Mike Jones,
Fawful,
Vaati,
Bonk.

This may not be the Smash you want, but it is the smash I want, so therefore it’s the best.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Spring Man makes a lot of sense for the first DLC, with Ribbon Girl as an Echo. I wouldn't be surprised to see them both announced in the final Direct like Mewtwo was back in the day.

Honestly, I feel like a lot of this game's DLC (if it's getting any) will probably be centered around Wii U and Switch era stuff. They're gonna want characters they know will sell and also have character DLC be used for promotional purposes, so I'm personally not expecting too many retro or niche character picks, if there are any at all.
How many noteworthy uncovered Wii U characters are there? I don't imagine there's very many beyond Xenoblade X and Wonderful 101 stuff.

SigmaMewtwo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SigmaMewtwo
3DS FC
4957-6442-1100
Switch FC
SW-7484-8678-9192
Inb4 the new Square Enix is Chocobo

And I mean this Chocobo:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/a/a9/Final_Fantasy_Fables-_Chocobo's_Dungeon_Coverart.png/220px-Final_Fantasy_Fables-_Chocobo's_Dungeon_Coverart.png I HAVE TO POST A LINK TO THE IMAGE THANKS SMASHBOARDS

the ps1 chocobo’s dungeon game was my childhood tho
I'd be cool with Chocobo making it in. I think it would make for an interesting dream match-up to have both Yoshi and Chocobo face off in fact, considering they both started as mounts who eventually became their own characters. :)

beans

Smash Lord
A ballot is likely whether you like it or not. And I'm warning people ahead of time that we need to be smarter than the last time. I think it took people by surprise before and we didn't know hiw things were going to play out.
I cant see a comunity for a game actually be able to attain a majority consensus so easily
There will always be those that dont get the memo
Also, ATs wont be getting promoted anytime soon, since we didnt even know it was a possibility in the ballot the first time and I doubt a lot of people will go for ATs without knowing it
I hope they post some kind of rules so we know whats fair game and whats foul play

D

Deleted member

How many noteworthy uncovered Wii U characters are there? I don't imagine there's very many beyond Xenoblade X and Wonderful 101 stuff.
By Wii U era, I mainly meant to say things within the last 5 or so years that have gained popularity:

-Pikmin 3 Captains
-Paper Mario
-Yarn Yoshi
-Bandana Waddle Dee
-Octolings
-ARMs fighters
-Xenoblade X and 2 characters

And that's not even scratching the surface. Nintendo still has a lot of first party to pull from, which is honestly why I'm rooting for fewer guest character DLC this time. I would much rather we get a larger emphasis on Nintendo first-party characters.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
D

Deleted member

How the **** is Crunchii able to get this ****?

Seriously.
The game has most likely gone gold, or is very close to going gold and Nintendo's starting to hand out marketing material and giving content creators and journalists greenlights to start slowly showing stuff.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Last edited:

NineS

Smash Lord
Inb4 the new Square Enix is Chocobo

And I mean this Chocobo:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/a/a9/Final_Fantasy_Fables-_Chocobo's_Dungeon_Coverart.png/220px-Final_Fantasy_Fables-_Chocobo's_Dungeon_Coverart.png I HAVE TO POST A LINK TO THE IMAGE THANKS SMASHBOARDS

the ps1 chocobo’s dungeon game was my childhood tho
Finally.
Somebody else that understands the chocobo.
http://www.impulsegamer.com/articles/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/Geno-Chocobo-Mii-Fighter-Costume.jpg
(Why can't I upload images? or link them, that is)

Last edited:

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
For the majority of characters, yes. But usually popularity won't affect EVERY character, since we get characters like Ness, Ice Climbers, ROB, Duck Hunt, etc.

So far, Sakurai always manages to make room for at least ONE non-popular character.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Hmmm, less than 47 days to go. Time has been going by quicker than I expected, it seems.

D

Deleted member

I honestly don't think we'll get another ballot. The ballot was most likely held to get player feedback for what people would be interested in for Smash Ultimate, as we know the planning phases started around the end of 2015. I don't think there's going to be a new Smash game after this one anytime soon, so I don't think another ballot is in the cards right now. I could be wrong, but even if there is a ballot, I would temper expectations on it actually affecting what they choose to do, as the DLC will most likely already be planned out in full by the time they start working on it.

NextChannelGames

Smash Journeyman
Boy people wouldn't shut up about that Geno leak last night. Anyway are we finally ready for a new discussion? Or should I just make another thread? (this thread has serious ADD)

*ahem*

I've been thinking about the potential future Ballot. Last time we eventually found out that a lot of the Ballot winners were reserved for Ultimate (like K. Rool) but I strongly believe that if we have another Ballot that it will most likely result in multiple fighters. Why? Because unlike the Wii U, the Switch is not a sinking ship where you'll want to carry your goods to another ship.

Either way, since it's not likely we'll be getting another Smash for many years I suggest we all be extremely wise about our ballot votes this time around. Be very careful and campaign for the right person.

I see a lot of people who suppport an "ARMS rep" but most of them can't agree which one they want. Well get it together ARMS fans! If you want a character in you all will have to agree on someone and then vote for him/her. You can't just write "ARMS rep" on the ballot. There is no way they will take that seriously.
I think a couple Arm characters would work out because mostly everyone wants Spring Man, Ribbon Girl, Min Min, and Helix.

But another Ballot is very highly going to happen again because since the last one was built around Ulitmate this one would work for future title of Smash Bros. Now that characters like Ridley, King K. Rool and a few others are in the game, I think we’ll see fans voting for characters like Waluigi, Skull Kid, Ashley and maybe a couple Assist Trophy’s to be playable and even have a wide door for Western characters to be high in the votes like Shovel Knight, Shantae (Which she might be in?), Hat Kid and more.

Man, the next Smash Ballot is going to be interesting.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
IDK about you guys but I'm happy all these leaks we put so much stock into are duds.
I'm excited to see what IS actually to come.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom