• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Oh ****... I just realised that the Perfect Shield "Parry" system from Ultimate is now super great against Marth's Neutral-b thanks to that stream. Noice!
I'd argue it's better for Marth now, actually.
Raising your shield at the moment Marth uses a move supposed to break it should not be the optimal play.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Shields are for cowards

If you can't win with a full offensive, you aren't a true winner.

Things said 5 minutes before disaster strikes

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
I'd argue it's better for Marth now, actually.
Raising your shield at the moment Marth uses a move supposed to break it should not be the optimal play.
Yeah, but I want my Evo Moment where we recreate the Daigo/Justin Ken vs Chun-li parry, but instead it's Perfect Shield Parry against his dancing blade. :mad088:

Iridium

Smash Hero
I hope that good stuff happens with Ridley.

But unless i falled for a lie or a joke, many people told me that Marth is easy to beat in general. Yet the character won Ridley twice.
Marth, honestly, plays pretty similar to Smash 4, but even better. Not sure who would say that, but a lot of people find him to be one of the best characters in the demo right now.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Marth, honestly, plays pretty similar to Smash 4, but even better. Not sure who would say that, but a lot of people find him to be one of the best characters in the deno right now.
Oh, that's fair.
Sometimes, they said it compared to Lucina (as if, Lucina is better than Marth).

The DanMan051

Banned via Warnings

JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL

Smash Lord
NNID
JacobReal!
Switch FC
SW-4350-2362-0253
I did.
But i feel like there are better ways to do it.
EDIT: I also want to add that many people tried to impersonate me and post on 4chan for their own leaks, so a lot of the posts some of you saw there aren't from me. I simply shared the images online as nothing but a joke to begin with.
C'mon son.

D

Deleted member

EDIT: I also want to add that many people tried to impersonate me and post on 4chan for their own leaks, so a lot of the posts some of you saw there aren't from me. I simply shared the images online as nothing but a joke to begin with.
C'mon son.
The 4Chan stuff was pathetic (stealing art is a no in my eyes, so i am glad that the artist will finally get the credit he/she deserves), but the art is so great, that seeing it done for a joke feels weird.

JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL

Smash Lord
NNID
JacobReal!
Switch FC
SW-4350-2362-0253
The 4Chan stuff was pathetic (stealing art is a no in my eyes, so i am glad that the artist will finally get the credit he/she deserves), but the art is so great, that seeing it done for a joke feels weird.
Eh, if that's what they want to do, then that's fine

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Marth got buffed, and I'm not really sure why. He was already one of the best characters in Smash 4 with his tipper mechanic, and then they improved his specials in Ultimate?

Not sure how this will pan out, but I'm wondering if Marth will get any notable nerfs from the demo.

I mean, Dark Samus will basically play like Samus, so who knows? I think they're better than what most people think. Ridley, honestly could be really good too, but it depends on how balanced out his strengths and weaknesses turn out to be.
Unlike other large heavyweights, Ridley does pretty well in the air and gets a lot of range with his tail. I don't think he's top-tier material, but I think he'll be better than Bowser, Dedede, K. Rool, and Ganon.

At the very least, he'll probably be close to DK (mid-tier).

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Tell you what, Ridley wasn't super hype for me besides the whole "he's not getting in ever" thing surrounding him prior to Ultimate, and my predicting him for E3 , but watching his play makes me pretty interested.

I have a soft spot for heavier characters.

D

Deleted member

The chat in the live stream was awful.

It was mostly spam, character requests that ruined any possible conversation by distracting everyone... And people attacking others for being happy about a character winning.

There was one who said "Thanks for ****** with Marth a ******** purple dinosaur that should die and never join Smash".

Comments like those get annoying.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Tell you what, Ridley wasn't super hype for me besides the whole "he's not getting in ever" thing surrounding him prior to Ultimate, and my predicting him for E3 , but watching his play makes me pretty interested.

I have a soft spot for heavier characters.
Yeah, He kinda reminds me of a winged Xenomorph... he looks sorta fun...

SAMation

Smash Journeyman
Marth got buffed, and I'm not really sure why. He was already one of the best characters in Smash 4 with his tipper mechanic, and then they improved his specials?

Not sure how this will pan out, but I'm wondering if Marth will get any notable nerfs from the demo.
Personally I think Marth is a fine character to be strong in the meta. He's usually fun to play against in my opinion so having a faster side b and angling his neutral B doesnt make him way too much stronger, but just lets his stuff be a bit more fluid.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Nah fam, I just wanna see how she reacts to this, tbh. I don't really wanna rub anything in, just really wanna see a reaction.
All the reacting was done last night when everyone found out about it.
Hence why nobody's really responding to your bringing it up haha

Spoiler alert: They were very sad, and so was everyone else, and there was a wave of response memes.

Last edited:

SigmaMewtwo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SigmaMewtwo
3DS FC
4957-6442-1100
Switch FC
SW-7484-8678-9192
The chat in the live stream was awful.

It was mostly spam, character requests that ruined any possible conversation by distracting everyone... And people attacking others for being happy about a character winning.

There was one who said "Thanks for ****** with Marth a ******** purple dinosaur that should die and never join Smash".

Commentd like those get annoying.
I pretty much always ignore livestream chats because of that kind of toxicity/trolling. Trying to engage with that kind of discourse just gets exasperating after a while, so I've learned to hide the chat whenever I watch something live.

D

Deleted member

Personally I think Marth is a fine character to be strong in the meta. He's usually fun to play against in my opinion so having a faster side b and angling his neutral B doesnt make him way too much stronger, but just lets his stuff be a bit more fluid.
My only worry about the general buffs is the chance of the characters that i like getting less compared to the rest, that they end up playing the same or worse.

JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL

Smash Lord
NNID
JacobReal!
Switch FC
SW-4350-2362-0253
All the reacting was done last night when everyone found out about it.
Hence why nobody's really responding to your bringing it up haha

Spoiler alert: They were very sad, and so was everyone else, and there was a wave of response memes.
What did she say?

D

Deleted member

As it should be. Falchion does effective damage against dragons, after all.
It was an inside job all along... Evil.

Jokes aside, the matchs were cool, and i hope that i get a lot of fun playing with the characters that i like.

SigmaMewtwo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SigmaMewtwo
3DS FC
4957-6442-1100
Switch FC
SW-7484-8678-9192
Yeah, He kinda reminds me of a winged Xenomorph... he looks sorta fun...
That's actually part of the reason I'm excited to check him out. I can see some qualities of Mewtwo in his moveset, and it may very well be that Ridley could be the first big character that I will main (Dedede was really close to being a main in Brawl, though was edged out by Wolf).

D

Deleted member

So when do you guys think we are getting another direct? This Month or next Month? Im thinking more next Month tbh.
October is still possible, but the window is definitely closing. I'm starting to lean towards the first week of November.

If they wait longer than that? Then be ready for leaks, as information is gonna start entering a lot of hands soon, and it's inevitable that something would slip through the cracks.

The DanMan051

Banned via Warnings
Actually, Dancing Blade was nerfed; it takes longer to come out, has more ending lag, and does less damage per hit. The neutral version has higher kill power on the last hit, but overall it's far more situational.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom