• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Imagine that we get alternate costumes for the Smash 64 characters that give them the models of that game.

JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL

Smash Lord
NNID
JacobReal!
Switch FC
SW-4350-2362-0253
October is still possible, but the window is definitely closing. I'm starting to lean towards the first week of November.

If they wait longer than that? Then be ready for leaks, as information is gonna start entering a lot of hands soon, and it's inevitable that something would slip through the cracks.
Pretty much

Iridium

Smash Hero
Imagine that we get alternate costumes for the Smash 64 characters that give them the models of that game.
What if Little Mac got his Brawl model? How many people here would even bother touching it?

I'm down for N64 models though, but their voices would probably not fit, no?

D

Deleted member

What if Little Mac got his Brawl model? How many people here would even bother touching it?

I would need to check the voice thing if it happens.

I liked the Brawl model for Little Mac, but the Smash 4 one is superior.

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294
Last edited:

DevaAshera

Smash Champion

They'd fit fine, kinda like the Super Mario 64 costume in Super Mario Odyssey.

D

Deleted member

Pretty much
Gosh, I really hope they'll be sensible about this and do it sooner rather than later. I'd much rather find out about what Spirits is through a Direct than some leak.

TBH, all I really wanna know before being okay with just waiting for the game to come out is what Spirits is. If we got a Direct in a week or so that gave details on it, then I'm completely satisfied and will be ready to simply wait for release.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
October is still possible, but the window is definitely closing. I'm starting to lean towards the first week of November.

If they wait longer than that? Then be ready for leaks, as information is gonna start entering a lot of hands soon, and it's inevitable that something would slip through the cracks.
Given the recent Direct date leak, if it's accurate, I suspect that it might have something to do with the release of Luigi's Mansion on 3DS somehow (even if there will only be an update post for Luigi on the site). The timing seems a little too deliberate.

JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL

Smash Lord
NNID
JacobReal!
Switch FC
SW-4350-2362-0253
Gosh, I really hope they'll be sensible about this and do it sooner rather than later. I'd much rather find out about what Spirits is through a Direct than some leak.

TBH, all I really wanna know before being okay with just waiting for the game to come out is what Spirits is. If we got a Direct in a week or so that gave details on it, then I'm completely satisfied and will be ready to simply wait for release.
It's nintendo. Sensible is not in their dictionary

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
Why just for the 64 characters? Why not make them for the entire cast, regardless of whether or not they had 64 models, given that low poly models would be easier to make? Ideally, they’d make new models for characters that even did have N64 models in games other than Smash, for visual consistency (I.e. what would they look like if they were in Smash 64?) and some characters whose designs have changed since then would have their modern design but in N64 graphics (like Pit, ROB, and Sonic.)

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Oof, the Ryota and Lloyd image is fake? It looked so convincing... :c

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Darn it, the website is going nuts and I can't seem to see my avatar...
I updated it in memory of sassy Geno, but it's not showing at least on my end...
In fact, it's not updating to any picture...

Is this a problem for anyone else?

Last edited:

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Wave Race Guy and Sassy Geno, smashing in leak heaven. :(

Though this does make things more exciting for me. In some ways it opens the field up again. Finally, it's time for Neku to be the Square rep!

T-Hell

Smash Lord

I don't know if you guys already noticed this, but apparently the menu theme has vibes from Melee and 64, which in my opinion is a beautiful touch.

D

Deleted member

It's nintendo. Sensible is not in their dictionary
To Nintendo's credit, there are areas they excel in. Single player, innovative hardware, and local multiplayer are all areas Nintendo have mastered and constantly succeed in.

Services, functionality, and communication is where they suffer the most. They're making some improvements in these, but there are still areas where it's clear Nintendo is they way they are, and are not going to change.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Wave Race Guy and Sassy Geno, smashing in leak heaven. :(

Though this does make things more exciting for me. In some ways it opens the field up again. Finally, it's time for Neku to be the Square rep!
When are we getting a fan Smash game starring the killed leaks

Iridium

Smash Hero

If you want to see how bad roll spamming is, check this out. Look at how long Marth is stuck in the animation after a few rolls. Basically, don't spam.

Koopaul

Smash Champion
Boy people wouldn't shut up about that Geno leak last night. Anyway are we finally ready for a new discussion? Or should I just make another thread? (this thread has serious ADD)

*ahem*

I've been thinking about the potential future Ballot. Last time we eventually found out that a lot of the Ballot winners were reserved for Ultimate (like K. Rool) but I strongly believe that if we have another Ballot that it will most likely result in multiple fighters. Why? Because unlike the Wii U, the Switch is not a sinking ship where you'll want to carry your goods to another ship.

Either way, since it's not likely we'll be getting another Smash for many years I suggest we all be extremely wise about our ballot votes this time around. Be very careful and campaign for the right person.

I see a lot of people who suppport an "ARMS rep" but most of them can't agree which one they want. Well get it together ARMS fans! If you want a character in you all will have to agree on someone and then vote for him/her. You can't just write "ARMS rep" on the ballot. There is no way they will take that seriously.

Last edited:

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
My laptop’s joint is all out of wack so I’m hoping to get it fixed before soon. So i’ll be stuck on mobile for a while here. No strikethroughs for me.

Anyways, it seems like a lot of the leaks now are being disconfirmed and newer stuff is taking its place. I still want a big leak to happen, but with the deadline approaching so soon, I’m certain that we will never get the chance to see it. It’s just gonna be a “retail” leak like games get nowadays. And again, Sakurai said that every character will get revealed before the game comes out. I’m hoping that SOON we will finally get our Smash Direct that we deserve...

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Boy people wouldn't shut up about that Geno leak last night. Anyway are we finally ready for a new discussion? Or should I just make another thread? (this thread has serious ADD)

*ahem*

I've been thinking about the potential future Ballot. Last time we eventually found out that a lot of the Ballot winners were reserved for Ultimate (like K. Rool) but I strongly believe that if we have another Ballot that it will most likely result in multiple fighters. Why? Because unlike the Wii U, the Switch is not a sinking ship where you'll want to carry your goods to another ship.

Either way, since it's not likely we'll be getting another Smash for many years I suggest we all be extremely wise about our ballot votes this time around. Be very careful and campaign for the right person.

I see a lot of people who suppport an "ARMS rep" but most of them can't agree which one they want. Well get it together ARMS fans. If you want a character in you all will have to agree on someone and then vote for him/her. You can't just write "ARMS rep" on the ballot. There is no way they will take that seriously.
>Another ballot.

Ahahaha.
No.

Never.

**** that website and the Smash community if it happens again.

D

Deleted member

*ahem*

I see a lot of people who suppport an "ARMS rep" but most of them can't agree which one they want. Well get it together ARMS fans. If you want a character in you all will have to agree on someone and then vote for him/her. You can't just write "ARMS rep" on the ballot. There is no way they will take that seriously.
Crash Bandicoot and Banjo.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Hmm

Was it explicitly established tho that Square Enix were the ones whose “feathers were ruffled” over a yet to be seen image leak? Can I see the guy’s posts again? Wanna scrutinize something

D

Deleted member

If you want to see how bad roll spamming is, check this out. Look at how long Marth is stuck in the animation after a few rolls. Basically, don't spam.
Dang, they really wanted to kill roll spamming, huh? Not that I mind, dodging always felt way too cheesy in Smash 4, especially when AI spammed it. This is a good change, looking forward to seeing how the rest of the game's mechanics handle when the game launches and people can test things more.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Hmm

Was it explicitly established tho that Square Enix were the ones whose “feathers were ruffled” over a yet to be seen image leak? Can I see the guy’s posts again? Wanna scrutinize something
I don't have the link in hand as I'm on mobile but.

Yeah, it's basically sure that it's Square-Enix as he said that "What Vergeben said about this company's rep and their protectiveness is true" or something along the line.
The fact that he clearly namedrop Vergeben is the big indicator that it's Square-Enix since he's the only one who talked about that.

SAMation

Smash Journeyman

*ahem*

I'd say another ballot would be very interesting now that the big boys are out of the way like K Rool and Ridley (and very possibly Geno). As for an ARMS rep, I'd say it would have to be Spring Man first since he's the face of the game. From there we could also see Ribbon Girl and maybe even SpringTron as an echo. Personally I think we'll get Spring Man as DLC before they even say anything about a ballot IF they do one, he's just a very obvious and necessary choice.

osby

Smash Obsessed

*ahem*

I see a lot of people who suppport an "ARMS rep" but most of them can't agree which one they want. Well get it together ARMS fans! If you want a character in you all will have to agree on someone and then vote for him/her. You can't just write "ARMS rep" on the ballot. There is no way they will take that seriously.
Nope, I'm not through going all that drama again. There's no guarantee that a character is going to get in just because they are popular but their fans are still going to feel entitled to the DLC slots. Nobody in my most wanted list is worth it.

Also, I want to see some characters from smaller Nintendo franchises and surprises. I don't want popularity to be the only threshold of being playable.

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238

*ahem*

As long as we get Spring Man, I'll probably be fine with any DLC.

Although, I'd prefer for DLC to stick with newer and promotional characters. As crazy as it sounds, I'm not interested at the prospect of all of the DLC focusing on fan favorites. Aside from BWD, there's not really anyone left who's popular that I'm dying to get.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom