• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Love how people ignore Roy, and by extension Chrom, being Decloned and go on to complain that "There's 4 Marth's". Don't worry guys! Don't worry. There's 3 Fox's! 3 Link's! 3 Mario's!

The ****ing Fire Emblem hate is soooooo exhausting. To the point it's annoying.
All the links and foxes can be marths too if they want tf

My favorite Marth in particular is the one that's a squid and a kid

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Love how people ignore Roy, and by extension Chrom, being Decloned and go on to complain that "There's 4 Marth's". Don't worry guys! Don't worry. There's 3 Fox's! 3 Link's! 3 Mario's!

There's nothing wrong if you like it. I just don't, and I don't think there's a problem with that either.

Everyone has their own likes and dislikes.

Vanguard227

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Vanguard227
Switch FC
SW 4222 8780 9424
Thoughts on every smash newcomer, eh?

:ultinkling: - Definitely the most expected newcomer out of the whole bunch. Either way, I really like Splatoon's aesthetic and character design, so I'm happy Inkling and the Splatoon series as a whole, are in Smash.

:ultdaisy: - Daisy's alright. I'll like her even more if "HI I'M DAISY" is one of her taunts.

:ultridley:- I was so happy to finally see this bad boy playable. One of my favourite Nintendo antagonists and one of my most wanted additions.

:ultsimon: - It's about time! I love Castlevania and was really excited to see such a classic series finally get in Smash. Another one of my most wanted characters.

:ultrichter: - Richter is my favourite Belmont, so I was ecstatic when he was abruptly revealed. I figured he'd have no chance, because Simon is like, THE Belmont. But man, am I glad I as wrong. XD

:ultchrom: - I liked Chrom in Awakening, and don't really have an issue with Fire Emblem's over representation in Smash, since it's one of my favourite game series, so I was glad that he got in--especially given his snub in Smash 4.

:ultdarksamus:- Happy to see Metroid finally get the representation that it deserves. As for the character itself, it's alright. your typical "evil clone" archetype, but it's cool that Dark Samus is pretty much the final boss from the first Prime game.

:ultkrool: - I loved K. Rool in the DKC games, and I've wanted him in Smash since Brawl. It's still kind of unreal knowing that he's finally included in Smash Bros. I'm really lucky to have all three of my most wanted fighters in this game.

:ultisabelle: - Not surprised she made it in, but I was surprised when she wasn't revealed as an echo. I really like her design and personality, so I'm happy she's in.

osby

Smash Obsessed

Oh, but you see, they use swords, so their differences obviously don't count. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Newcomer ratings, because it's some time since I last did 'em.

:ultinkling: - 5/10 Not my cup of tea, but they were a mandatory inclusion, nobody can complain about them imo.
:ultdaisy: - 4/10 She's just kinda okay, can't say I've ever seen any appeal in Daisy, but she's one of the Mario spinoff stables, so what can ya do. Memoryman being right was both hilarious and tragic.
:ultridley: - 10/10 You've all likely heard me jabber on about this guy enough as is.
:ultsimon: - 8/10 For some reason I hadn't given the idea much thought before Vergeben leaked him, but it just makes an insane amount of sense in hindsight. A proper classic Nintendo star, without actually being one that is.
:ultrichter: - 5/10 Decent addition with his own rich history, but likely not going to play him when Simon is available.
:ultchrom: - 5/10 Great for Chrom fans, who deserved it after getting snubbed so hard last time. Personally I don't dislike him or anything, but he's probably the least interesting of the three Awakening main characters, so he's just alright.
:ultdarksamus: - 9/10 A single point off because Samus looks like she still sucks hardcore in this game, and Dark Samus doesn't look to make up for that, but I'm still happy that I can play her at all, and they did a good job animating her.
:ultkrool: - 9/10 Glorious trailer, and the last essential addition to the roster imo, just good feels all around with this guy. Gonna be a fun character to pick up in casual play aswell.
:ultisabelle: - 6/10 Everything but the kitchen sink type of characters are a fun time in FFAs and such, and she definitely deserves to be here. Unlikely to play her to any greater extend though, but a good addition nonetheless.

Either way, there's not a single newcomer that I outright dislike, I feel like they all add something to the whole.

Last edited:

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
Initial reactions:

:ultinkling: - "Ah, cool, a new franchise that's both artistically and functionally unique that'll make for an awesome playable character. Never played Splatoon (at the time of the March Direct--got 2 the following month), but this means we'll at least be getting a few new characters."

:ultdaisy: - "Awesome! Don't care about Daisy myself, but I know a lot of people have been waiting since Melee, so this is a great pick that's been a long time coming."

:ultridley: - "LET'S GOOOOOOO, METROID FINALLY GETTING WHAT IT DESERVES, HE LOOKS PERFECT, HIS MOVES ARE AWESOME, AND HE JUST MURDERED MARIO AND MEGA MAN"

:ultsimon: - "There he is, and he looks fun. My brother is more excited for him than I am, but I love that he's in the game and will want to try him out, too, but he'll be my brother's main, so I won't budge in"

:ultrichter: - "WHOA, really? Awesome, I like Richter more than Simon, and I get to use him while my brother gets to use Simon, so this is perfect! Still, that's one less potential Echo Fighter spot for Dark Samus..."

:ultchrom: - "ANOTHER FIRE EMBLEM CHARACTER, DAMN IT, GIVE ANOTHER FRANCHISE A SHOT FOR ONCE, OR JUST ADD EVERY CHARACTER FROM FIRE EMBLEM TO THE GAME ALREADY AND MAKE IT 'NINTENDO VS. FIRE EMBLEM' AND GET IT OVER WITH"

:ultdarksamus: - "OH"

:ultchrom: - "I'm glad that Chrom is in the game to make the Fire Emblem fans who wanted him happy"

:ultkrool: - "Yep, here he is. I have no history with this character at all and know nothing about him, but a lot of people love him, he looks awesome and unique, and Donkey Kong's deserved another rep for a long time. This game is going to be amazing!"

:ultisabelle: - "...Huh, she's not an Echo Fighter? Crap. Well, there goes the idea of all the characters being long-standing requests. But you know what, I do love Animal Crossing, and I like her moveset more than Villager's, so maybe I'll enjoy Isabelle. And it's making a lot of the more casual audiences and girls happy, too, so that's cool. She's also pretty unique in terms of personality compared to the rest of the cast, so yeah, I guess this is a good addition."

Last edited:

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133

Not hating on Fire Emblem in the slightest. I don't mind the current FE rep/roster like a lot of people do. In fact I play as Ike and Roy a lot and will be picking up Chrom for sure. I just feel Smash 4 added to many FE reps. If they had waited and maybe added some characters from other franchises first and spread them out between the course of this game and the last I don't think many people would be complaining. But from Brawl to Smash 4 the FE roster went from 2-6 in one game. That is a little ridiculous/excessive but I definitely wouldn't cut any of the Fire Emblem reps and hell I'd welcome MORE Fire Emblem reps if it meant less try-hardy "let's turn Smash into Mugen" 3rd parties added. Bring on Celica, Black Knight, Mechiah, Camilla, Tharja, Alm, Frederick, etc.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Oh, but you see, they use swords, so their differences obviously don't count. :rolleyes:
I don't think anyone who mentions the 4 Marths that definitely exist 100% don't also pick on the 3 courage bois, the 3 wild animals, the 2.5 plumbers that may or may not have a doctorate, etc

And I also think that most people who bring it up do so not because they hate Fire Emblem (I love it, personally), but because there are 4 marths :denzel:

Indulge me.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
There's nothing wrong if you like it. I just don't, and I don't think there's a problem with that either.

Everyone has their own likes and dislikes.
Of course. However, I find it ridiculous the amount of people who ONLY point to Fire Emblem with their problems with the game. And it usually comes down to Marth, Lucina, Roy, and Chrom. Why not the problem with 3 Mario reps being based off Mario and NONE of them being echoes? Why not the same for Link? Or Fox? It's only Fire Emblem because people are upset about it getting so many characters. Even though 2 of them took almost no time at all to make and are just basically bonuses.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Bless us with knowledge from your world! Story Mode is better or worse? Is Smash For newcomers still awesome without :4mii::4pacman::4villager:? Is K.Rool a Marth echo?
They focused a lot more on the story in Brawl, and it was pretty great too. Darth Vader fighting link on the set of ICarly was an easy highlight for me... The final boss was also pretty memorable. Master Hand bursted open, only to reveal that he was the Power Glove all along.

As for the newcomers in Smash 4, It was still pretty hype. We got Karate Joe's Dad, Trubbish, Reckless Wiimote Guy, and Lanky Kong. But easily, the most hype character was Jack Black. We fell in love with his octagons pretty quickly...
K.rool got in as not a Marth echo, but as a Pit echo... A lot of people got upset that he and Ridley got in over more deserving characters like Dark Pit and Slippy.

Currently for Ultimate, we've got Meowstic, Dumbledore, Thanos, and Mr Peabody & Sherman announced along with Dark Pit and Slippy making their long awaited debuts. Our echoes are currently Tetris Blocks as an echo of Mega Man, Sans as an echo of Ness, Gandalf as an echo of Dumbledore, and Paper Mario as an echo of Rosalina and Luma.
Our most trusted leaker, Bergeven predicted Dark Pit, Dumbledore and Meowstic. He's currently claiming that Bob Ross is getting in, along with Jon Arbuckle as an echo of Lucas

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Of course. However, I find it ridiculous the amount of people who ONLY point to Fire Emblem with their problems with the game. And it usually comes down to Marth, Lucina, Roy, and Chrom. Why not the problem with 3 Mario reps being based off Mario and NONE of them being echoes? Why not the same for Link? Or Fox? It's only Fire Emblem because people are upset about it getting so many characters. Even though 2 of them took almost no time at all to make and are just basically bonuses.
To be fair, I'm okay with all of these "duplicates", including the 5 Marths, and actively want 4 or 5 more Captain Falcons.

Last edited:

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
That is a little ridiculous/excessive but I definitely wouldn't cut any of the Fire Emblem reps and hell I'd welcome MORE Fire Emblem reps if it meant less try-hardy "let's turn Smash into Mugen" 3rd parties added.
Smash is far and I mean very far from being Mugen

Mostly because Smash is well structured and has a base

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Anyway, I don't know how much conversation we can get out of the 6 Marths.

All 7 of the Marths are interesting in their own way.

D

Deleted member

I don't hate any of the newcomers either.

At worst, Daisy was revealed in a bad time for me, since i just ignored her due to my dissapointment after seeing Link and Mario getting cool alts, but Samus still locked on the Other M suit.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Anyway, I don't know how much conversation we can get out of the 6 Marths.

All 7 of the Marths are interesting in their own way.
I don't have a problem with any of the 8 Marths.

Honestly, I don't care about any of the 9 Marths.

Except Marth number 10, he's cool. Cooler than Marth 11 that's for sure.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
:ultinkling: - "New Smash?! WTF?!, oh yeah, Inkling is a newcomer... cool, I guess."

:ultdaisy: - "That's cool, wait a moment... memoryman won! lol."

:ultridley: - "OK, this is epic, no, really, I love this."

:ultsimon: - "It's Vergeben Belmont, yeah, looks awesome, but not surprised at all."

:ultrichter: - "Wow, I didn't expect that."

:ultchrom: - "Holy Marths, the Smash Emblem saga continues... well, at least Opossum is happy."

:ultdarksamus: - "Wow, that's weird, I never thought it had a chance tbh."

:ultkrool: - "Holy crap! They did it!"

:ultisabelle: - "This is disappointing, but at least she is kinda cute... and why is this trailer so long and slow?!"

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord

Roy isn’t delconed to the point where’d I call him separate, he still borrows a lot of his setup from Marth. If anything I’d say Chrom is further since he lacks a sweetspot like Lucina.

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
That gives me an interesting idea.

What 3rd parties do you think would make Smash turn into Mugen? No obvious answers like Goku or Shrek.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

What 3rd parties do you think would make Smash turn into Mugen? No obvious answers like Goku or Shrek.
Master Chief and Kratos.
At that point, I'd accept that my most wanteds are far too obscure and just play Marvel or something.

RouffWestie

Smash Lord
:ultkrool: Perfect, long-overdue addition, who managed to make it in despite everyone claiming "no recent appearances! Irrelevant!"
:ultsimon: Perfect, long-overdue addition, who I already thought had a good chance before the E3 reveal, so I wasn't too surprised when he was leaked.
:ultrichter: The most justified Echo fighter, in my opinion, because parts of Simon's moveset is reminiscent of his own abilities. Can I just say the only reason I recognized him and his theme song was the Rondo of Blood portion of AVGN's Castlevania review? Anybody else in this boat?
:ultdaisy: Perfect, long-overdue addition. I've always liked that she was given a more lively personality than Peach.
:ultridley: Perfect, long-overdue addition. Him finally making it in pretty much solidified my faith in this game's newcomers.
Here's a big 10/10 for all of them.
:ultdarksamus: Solid choice, might have wasted some potential by taking her moveset directly from Samus, but I'll never know till I play her game. 8/10
:ultisabelle: Solid choice, but I'm slightly miffed that she borrows any amount of assets or moves from Villager. I just feel Animal Crossing has too much to draw inspiration from for there to be 2 characters sharing a specific item used in almost the exact same manner with the only difference being the direction it travels in. To be fair though, they could have done worse. 7/10
:ultinkling: Sensible inclusion, seeing as Splatoon was a successful new IP, very much the same situation as Olimar in Brawl. No interest in them. 1/10

War Anvil

Smash Lord
NNID
BattlingIronItem
3DS FC
2208-4585-5395
Switch FC
SW-5940-1276-1225
Diem Diem : My reactions to each.
:ultinkling:: "Ah, just like they would deserve to be revealed - right alongside the actual game. Glad that the developers implemented the ink mechanics in a unique way!"
:ultdaisy:: "I personally didn't care about Daisy getting into Smash, but now there's no issue around her."
:ultridley:: "...oh. Everything's just happening now."
:ultsimon:: "Whoa, Castlevania in Smash: VERY real! Liking that Dracula's Castle stage, too."
:ultrichter::

:ultchrom::ultdarksamus:: "Pretty much the least expected echoes on this side! Good for the Japanese and Americans!"
:ultkrool:: "THANK. GOD. IT'S. HAPPENING. Now can we please get Misty, or at least Shantae?"
:ultisabelle:: "Thanks, this gal earned herself a rather comfy trailer. I personally don't care about Vergeben too much, but let's just keep an eye out..."

Last edited:

Fenzer

Smash Cadet

Hum. Any character from Marvel vs Capcom on the Marvel Side. Like Magneto, Wolverine, etc.

NotLiquid

Smash Lord
:ultinkling:
Call it the most expected newcomer, but ever since Splatoon hit it big in what feels like a fortnight, their absence in Smash 4 felt painful. The question of "when" we could expect the next major Smash was killing me because I wanted to see what Sakurai could do with Nintendo's first brand new triple-A IP in what at that point was practically an entire decade. Not only did the teaser trailer galvanize Splatoon as a Nintendo all-star, but their game play is about everything I could've hoped for them to be - fast, fluid and most of all, inventive. I often worry about my favorite characters not being good, but everything I've seen so far in terms of mobility and kit kind of tells me there's no way this character won't be at the very least "good". As far as bringing fresh blood to Smash, their inclusion feels like it heralds a bit of a generational shift I haven't felt since Brawl, and for that I feel in the grand scheme of thing it's easily my favorite newcomer in the game, and the one that's probably the most significant.

:ultdaisy:
I'm not overtly fond of what's become of this character in terms of personality and disposition, despite the fact that her re-introduction in Mario Tennis 64 really made me love her at first. That said, given the concept of Echo Fighters, it felt necessary - even if she'll never replace Peach for me as the superior princess.

:ultridley:
A character I greatly respect in terms of inclusion, though one I necessarily never thought to myself that I'd want to play. It's still the one reveal that most feels like it was done just to prove that they "could". I will say, despite the character receiving updated proportions, I don't care much for the aesthetic look, though the Meta Ridley alt is extremely sleek. I wish the overall organic elements of the body would be incorporated into the default. It's hard not to think of his presence as a little out of place among everyone else... but surprisingly I'd say they did a decent enough job.

:ultsimon::ultrichter:
I love Castlevania although ultimately I think the announcement of Richter did much more for me as Rondo of Blood is one of my favorite games.... ever. And Richter still remains my favorite Belmont overall. Easily my second favorite character inclusion, and though it's still hard to say whether he'll come out being a great character, he looks fun enough that I can't wait to see what kind of niche he'll carve out, similarly to a character like Mega Man. I'm elated that he's bringing what looks to be a fun, somewhat "legal" stage for the most of the part, and of course, easily one of the best music selections any series has had thus far in Smash. If they're not going to give Sonic the love, then they might as well provide the second best thing. I better see Battlefield Castlevania played during some tournaments because this music never fails to bring the hype.

:ultdarksamus:
A little bit of a disappointment in terms of additions go; I've long been of the opinion that Dark Samus is incredibly underrated as far as an antagonist goes, so her inclusion as an Echo Fighter was something I was anticipating highly. This was before, of course, I had to come down from cloud nine to remember that Samus is still kind of poop character, and I already feel she's been way too unjustly treated in this series ever since Brawl. With enough luck, they'll fix her, and I'll have Dark Samus to be excited about again.

:ultkrool:
Despite DKC2 and Tropical Freeze being two of my favorite games ever, I didn't actually have that much of an opinion on the franchise's main nemesis. It might've been because of his complete absence for the better decade, or how I never really grew too overly attached to the character himself due to his minimal exposure outside of the endgame of every title. But the inclusion definitely feels like it created a huge second wind for the DK series, one of my favorite franchises, as a whole. I'm not the biggest fan of heavyweight characters, but K. Rool definitely looks like one of the more fun ones thus far.

:ultisabelle:
Arguably my third most anticipated newcomer - Villager never did much for me since I don't have an attachment to the character and also am not the biggest fan of his moveset being very "setup" based. Isabelle not only adds a character I generally love but seems to have trimmed some of the fat and gimmickry, even if it could come at the cost of Villager's pretty high skill ceiling. I guess it just looks more promising overall as someone who likes to play aggressively, and the Lloid traps make up for Snake having lost his claymore tripmines.

Last edited:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Alm's nearly up there with Corrin as well; when a character is being called "special" as a 10 year old in the game's prologue, you know what to expect. He has no character flaws (compared to the only notable trait of his in Gaiden being aggressiveness, something that IS themselves ran with in latter depictions), upstages everyone else in the plot (also doesn't help that Celica is completely irrelevant overall), has a character whose main driving force is hating him (Berkut)... SoV in general is poorly written and barely better than Fates in that department, while having far worse gameplay.
I've been forcing myself to play through Revelations this week after all the Fire Emblem talk on this forum (I bought it day one but never actually played it; I want my money's worth) and I have to disagree that the treatment of Alm and Corrin are truly comparable.

Corrin is the definition of a sue/stu in a videogame. She is given everything. By everyone. With absolutely nothing done previously to have earned whatever's being given, whether that's trust, companionship, or the ****ing Yato that appears out of nowhere after she just about killed everyone and flings itself into her open hand. She has the complete and utter devotion of everyone not named Takumi despite being alone in a tower doing nothing for her entire life, and is even deferred to in every major decision and strategy by all the people who have so much more experience than she does. Corrin isn't so much a part of the plot as the sole figure around whom the entire plot accommodates.

Revelations feels even worse in that department than I remember. Now Corrin is taking the childish standpoint of "I won't side with either army and everything will work out" and people are still lining up to follow her by chapter nine. The fact that Corrin faces, like, no legitimate consequences for her terrible naivete-- and that the only canonical deaths are results of someone else being bad and just not hopping on the Corrin love train-- makes her so much worse than Alm as a sue/stu. IMO.

She's fun to play in Smash, though.

D

Deleted member

I think a lot of it comes from personal preference. A lot of people (myself included) would have prefered an Echo for a series with maybe not as many characters, or a character who didn't already have a clone. And to defend the multiple Mario reps, Mario is Nintendo's mascot, so it's kind of expected he gets as much as he does. Plus, the other Mario characters are all unique and 100% different from any character on the roster, so having two clones in there isn't that big of a deal. Fire Emblem got a TON of stuff last game, and I think a few people (such as myself) were hoping for a bit of a break from that. I like FE, but if I'm being completely honest, it's presence in Smash is starting to become a bit excessive and overdone IMO, especially when franchises like Kirby and Zelda are left in the dust.

I'm happy Chrom fans got what they wanted, I'm just a little disappointed, that's all.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I don't like "scales of 1-10" so I'll just rank the newcomers in order of how hyped I am for them.

:ultridley: - I'm always happy to have more dragons and the fact that he seems kind of Zard-ish makes him all the better in my book. I'll definitely play him a lot.

:ultsimon::ultrichter: - Not familiar with the characters, but having a unique play style thanks to their whips and having a unique vampire-hunter theme on top of that makes them excellent new additions to the cast.

:ultinkling: - Never played Splatoon, but I love characters like Robin and Olimar who have resource management mechanics since it adds an extra layer of strategy to play. They also really stand out visually from the rest of the cast, and their move set seems pretty fun.

:ultkrool: - I'm mostly just happy for his fans, but I'll probably still play him from time to time. That Crown move looks really fun. Here's to hoping he brings a boatload of new DKC remixes with him, but even if he doesn't Gankplank Galleon is still worth it. The fact that he's actually kind of ugly puts me off from playing him though for the same reasons I don't like to use Wario, even if he's intentionally designed that way. Yeah Riddles is ugly to but he's a more scary-ugly.

:ultdarksamus: - I like to play as Samus sometimes so having another version with blue effects seems nice.

:ultisabelle: - Not an animal crossing fan and nothing about her moveset aside from Side-B really stands out to me in terms of play style. Maybe she'll end up being super fun an unique, but what little gameplay we have of her hasn't quite sold me.

:ultchrom: - I like Chrom, but even if he ends up better then his counterpart I'll still probably enjoy Roy's awful reverse-tipper mechanic more.

:ultdaisy: - I don't really like playing as Peach, but if it counts for anything I'll probably use Daisy over her when given the choice.

Place Ken above Daisy. Never learned how to play Ryu, but I'm happy to have Ken because it gives me an excuse to make Rumble McSkirmish ****posts.

Incineroar will likely be a unique newcomer so his placement is TBD. It all depends on how interesting his move set looks to be. I'm optimistic he'll be fun though since as a Zard main I have a knack for heavyweights.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom