• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Another Marth clone? Who would it even be?

Eirika. Eirika is the only answer I will accept.
Eirika. Sigurd. Leif. Eyvel. Alfonse. Alm. Seliph. Mia. Lyn. Gray. Tobin. Fir. Hana. Soleil. Anna. Rowan. Lianna.

Just to name a few.

D

Deleted member

:ultinkling: 5/10: Don't dislike them or anything, but I just don't really care about Inklings or Splatoon, and I was more hyped for the fact there was a new Smash than them being in it. Already figured they'd be there anyway. So cool, I guess.

:ultdaisy: 2/10: If it weren't for all of memoryman's bull**** that made me actively not want her and the fact Waluigi was disconfirmed almost right after....maybe then I'd be more pleased to see her. At least a close friend of mine is happy she's in...
Her reveal did something I was trying to avoid; made me actually believe Waluigi could be playable this time. That's why I have a problem with her. Not the fact that she got in "instead" of Waluigi, but the fact she gave me false hope to be CRUSHED right after.

:ultridley:7/10: I don't have any sort of personal attachment to Ridley, but I was a defender of him back in Smash 4 days and thought he'd be worth including. Granted, I did kind of suspect there may have been issues Sakurai wasn't willing to overlook and jumped ship a bit. My suspicions were not unfounded as Sakurai's reasoning against Ridley was near exactly what I predicted he would feel. And I somewhat agreed with it, but felt it would still be worth just giving Ridley a new design for the sake of appeasing the fanbase.
And that's exactly what happened. I am surprised Sakurai went through with it, especially so soon after he spoke against Ridley's inclusion, but it is a welcome surprise.

:ultsimon: and :ultrichter: 6/10: I have no experience with the Castlevania series, but they look interesting to try out at least once. Richter also hyped me up in a different way. He showed me 3rd Party Echoes were possible. So now there's no excuse for Shadow not being a fighter. Doubly so with the inevitable Ken. Just like Lucina's reveal in Smash 4 told me there was no excuse for Dr. Mario and Dark Pit being costumes instead of their own fighters.

:ultchrom: 3/10: Good for his fans, but he really comes off as superfluous, not going to lie. Easily one of the most "meh" reveals for me. Don't dislike him or have any reason to be upset about him, he just bores me.

:ultdarksamus: 5/10: "Cool." That's really all I have to say about what I thought about Dark Samus making the cut.

:ultkrool: 8/10: Like with Ridley, I jumped ship on K. Rool when it seemed like he was a lost cause. I stopped caring about whether or not K. Rool made it in, and honestly? It didn't bother me much if he never did. How toxic some of the fanbase got left a bit of a sour taste in my mouth as well. But he ended up being in and looks the most fun to play as (so far), even if his toolkit is rather basic compared to how over the top the fanbase tried to make his potential out to be. Probably my most hyped character until Incineroar.

:ultisabelle: 4/10: I hated all the arguments made for her and the bad ideas in how to make her "unique" as a fighter (A terraformer? REALLY?!). I didn't think someone who is portrayed as being afraid to be close to the action in Smash made any sense as a fighter, and I felt her role as an Assist was PERFECT seeing as she is basically the player's most loyal assistant in general. But oh well, just gotta have to accept she's a fighter now. She also had the most boring trailer and is the definition of "that's it?" in my eyes in terms of reveals. Like E3 was an all you can eat buffet, the August Direct was another plentiful meal, and then Isabelle was just a slice of bread expected to hold me over until the next big chunk of news. :/

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Honestly, this is why I wish Echoes were just premium alts; it removes the psychology of them being full-blown characters, and would allow for far broader representation in the FE department.
At least i will get a Dark Samus amiibo.

So there's that.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
The best thing about Ultimate so far is that all the Unique character reveals have been 10/10 for me. And the echoes were all a 9/10. Isabelle being an exception since I wasn't all that impressed with her trailer. Still, 8/10.

And then you have the ****ing EVERYONE IS HERE! Reveal which is just a

/10

Best timeline.

D

Deleted member

Speaking of amiibo, Charizard is getting a reprint. For those of you who were wondering how the PT amiibo would be handled, it seems like we'll at least get Squirtle and Ivysaur.
Oh.

I actually wanted to get a Red amiibo.

Good for the ones who just wanted each Pokémon on their own, doh.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I hold that I loved her trailer and I didn't find it boring

But I guess it's subjective anyway
I adored her trailer. I hadn't really considered playing her if she was announced (and I really believed she would be), but that trailer made me reconsider.

People who found the trailer boring just don't play Animal Crossing. And that's fine. This trailer just wasn't for them.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I adored her trailer. I hadn't really considered playing her if she was announced (and I really believed she would be), but that trailer made me reconsider.

People who found the trailer boring just don't play Animal Crossing. And that's fine. This trailer just wasn't for them.
It was just the least action packed but I can't imagine anything more fitting for the pup lol

Nah dudes let's have her get her martial arts headband on and train to take on her arch nemesis, Ryu, in a rocky style montage

D

Deleted member

The trailer was neat and a good way to connect with the new Animal Crossing reveal.

I actually felt like i was watching gameplay of an actual game, and not a cutscene.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
:ultinkling:: Not a fan of the games as it's geared towards a younger crowd, but this was a no brainer. Cool!

:ultridley:: Wow, really? They finally did it? I've never been a big Ridley supporter because I thought he was impossible, but I love heavies. Awesome!!!

:ultsimon:: Damn, if it hadn't been in a leak, I wouldn't have expected that! Cool, iconic character! Nice!!
:ultrichter:: Sure.

:ultdaisy:: Oh, ok.

:ultdarksamus:: Well, her roll is different. That's interesting.

:ultchrom:: No comment.

:ultkrool:: No ****ing way! Finally! Holy ****!! The Big boi is in the haus!!

:ultisabelle:: Huh... that was unexpected. Not a clone/echo? I'm interested. (Still would've preferred Tom Nook, as I haven't played New Leaf and am not familiar with her)

Also: I had a dream last night that the new character trailer came out, and it was Akuma from Streetfighter, and I was getting excited, telling a friend "Oh wow, everyone thought it was Ken, but it's Akuma! He's way cooler looking!" and then I found out it was a fakeout trailer, and it was just Ken lol

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Oh.

I actually wanted to get a Red amiibo.

Good for the ones who just wanted each Pokémon on their own, doh.
I want Red, Leaf, Squirtle and Ivysaur to each get their own. And for Charizard to get a new one based off of his Ultimate appearance.

Wait, that's roughly 90$ of plastic figure I'd waste money on if that happened. Yikes. I'd still do it though.

Poxnixles

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Vitiel
3DS FC
3823-8576-9592
Eirika. Sigurd. Leif. Eyvel. Alfonse. Alm. Seliph. Mia. Lyn. Gray. Tobin. Fir. Hana. Soleil. Anna. Rowan. Lianna.

Just to name a few.
I'm LITERALLY just popping in to say before Ultimate was shown at E3 was that I was hoping that they'd give Marth the Bowser Jr. Koopalings treatment. I like Eirika but also it'd rule to have her English VA in Smash

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
So like... you may have been jokeing... but... doesnt that imply they may be watching something? I mean popcorns kinda a stereotypical food in a way...
I've been to plenty of events that weren't viewings and yet had free popcorn.

TheMilkmann

Smash Apprentice
My reactions to all newcomers so far?

:ultinkling: Freaked out at first because I thought it was a Splatoon 1 port announcement (for some reason) but my jaw dropped when I saw it was Smash, only because I didn't think it would happen as soon as it did. 9.5/10

:ultyounglink: (not a newcomer ik but still) Honestly made my day when he was shown off, I never expected him to return. 10/10

:ultridley: Was honestly VERY surprised they managed to get him to work in the game and still keep him looking nice. 9/10

:ultdaisy: Very cool 1/10

:ultsimon: Wasn't as surprised as I should've been sadly thanks to the music leak the day before, but still was happy to see him in. 8/10

:ultrichter: I was VERY surprised with his inclusion, but honestly was more happy with his reveal than Simon's. 8.5/10

:ultchrom: Happy for all the people that were hoping for him. 5/10

:ultdarksamus: Very happy with it's inclusion, cannot wait to see it's alternate costumes just to see how much more badass looking it can get. 8/10

:ultkrool: Not that big of a DK fan, but still happy to see him in. 7/10

:ultisabelle: Not at all hyped, not an AC fan in the slightest, saw it coming from miles away too. 3/10
Totally didn't forget dark samus and chrom existed

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So, to all Ridley and game play friendos.

Here is a question.

What are the ten most frequent moves you think Ridley mains will use?

Meritocracy

Smash Apprentice
My newcomer reactions
:ultisabelle::ultdarksamus::ultrichter::ultchrom::ultridley::ultdaisy: Ayyyy, good for the people who wanted them
:ultsimon::ultinkling: I became excited about post reveal because they seemed fun to play.
I'll reiterate this point, I'm not a huge gamer, smash is the only game I've truly played to it's full extent

domriver

Smash Lord
So we are waiting for 2 things 1 for sure will happen.
1. Events from the Bar in Canada to happen later today (possible announcements? like a direct..)
2. Friday morning for a possible direct announcement for Sunday/Monday Oct. 21/22 ?

D

Deleted member

So, to all Ridley and game play friendos.

Here is a question.

What are the ten most frequent moves you think Ridley mains will use?
:GCD::GCB:

You know they're going to go for this all the time, even if it's not going to work.

As for the other 9, down B 8 times, and then up B.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom