• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

So I guess Cloud won't have a "memory" showcase like all the other fighters when they're shown on the blog. To be fair, Snake never had one, and I don't think Bayonetta will either, since originally she isn't a Nintendo character.

But just IMAGINE seeing this pop up on NINTENDO's Smash website.

51tkmb93AiL._SX342_.jpg

Hydrualic Hydra

Smash Ace
All the reveals so far for Ultimate other than Isabelle have been at least an 8/10 for me on hype. I don't mind Isabelle now, but her reveal was pretty bad.

But man, I still remember how I felt during Ridley's trailer. I had just started a summer-long internship in New York and was pretty miserable, and was at least looking forward to E3 to keep me going. I managed to catch E3 during my break. The entirety of the Smash segment had me glued to the screen, the one time I really flinched was the 'Olimar's helmet takes damage' bit. But man, was I not ready.

"We have one more thing to show you..."
"Alright, hit me with the cool clencher character."
*sci-fi location*
"Alright, let's see what we got."
*Samus takes a step*

I LITERALLY felt my heart stop for a moment.

*Mega Man DIES*

I felt the most excited I'd been in years.

*Mario DIES*

Genuinely hadn't been happy like this for a long, long time.

*Ridley is ****ING CONFIRMED*

Had I not been at work, I would have screamed.

I'm a bit of a depressed boi right now, things aren't going too well. But this game is genuinely a beacon of hope for me right now and I just need it here sooner than later.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Snake will probably never be beaten as the Ultimate shock character. He was a Sony character through and through. No one ever thought Snake could possibly get into Smash. Hell, no one even thought it was possible for A 3rd party to get into Smash. Snake though? This dude literally lit the internet on fire. People were shocked, people were angry, people were happy, and people were definitely saying "Holy ****, I can beat the crapbout of Mario and Link with ****in SNAKE".

Snake was an icon, MGS4 was on the horizon as a PS3 exclusive and all we knew about Brawl was that it was happening. And then this mother comes waltzing in with "It's Show Time" and the next thing you know the entirety of game journalism forgot about everything that wasn't Metal Gear and Smash. It was a hell of a time to be a fan. After this people went ape **** requesting Sonic and then he happened. BUT it's safe to say that Snake will probably never lose the mantle of "Internet Breaker". Cloud came close. He came REAL close. But Snake was from a M rated, primarily Sony franchise, with an upcoming PS3 Exclusive game. That was ****ING insane for 2008. Cloud was from a franchise that had a long history with Nintendo and while his game wasn't on Nintendo, he was, and so was a LOT of his franchise, Final Fantasy is rated T as well. For 2016 it doesn't seem like he should be that big of a deal and yet, he was. That's damn impressive in it's own right.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Anyways I'll join in with you guys.

:ultinkling: - Never played Splatoon as I recently gotten back into the Nintendo phase but she does look relatively fun to play as. 6.5/10
:ultdaisy: - Happy for her fans who wanted her, no opinion really though. 5/10
:ultridley: - HOLY CRAP! SAKURAI YOU MADMAN! YOU ACTUALLY FREAKIN DID IT!!!! 10/10
:ultchrom: - Ugh another Fire Emblem character 0/10
:ultdarksamus: - I definitely wasn't expecting another Metroid rep even if literally a clone (echo). Cool. 7.5/10
:ultsimon: - Plays really cool and fun even though I never played the Castlevania games but Simon looks pretty unique. 8/10
:ultrichter: - Didn't expect another Castlevania rep let alone a third party echo. Other then that same opinion as Simon. 8/10
:ultkrool: - SDFASDOIFASDIFF(PAFD(PSAAF(DASD(PFAPOFIAFV( PV(FA(SDF(GSDA(SIDF(A(BZZZZZZZTTTT *Dies of overhyped excitement* Infinity/10
:ultisabelle: - How can I hate someone so cute. She definitely earned her spot especially considering Animal Crossings popularity 7/10

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
Snake will probably never be beaten as the Ultimate shock character. He was a Sony character through and through. No one ever thought Snake could possibly get into Smash. Hell, no one even thought it was possible for A 3rd party to get into Smash. Snake though? This dude literally lit the internet on fire. People were shocked, people were angry, people were happy, and people were definitely saying "Holy ****, I can beat the crapbout of Mario and Link with ****in SNAKE".

Snake was an icon, MGS4 was on the horizon as a PS3 exclusive and all we knew about Brawl was that it was happening. And then this mother comes waltzing in with "It's Show Time" and the next thing you know the entirety of game journalism forgot about everything that wasn't Metal Gear and Smash. It was a hell of a time to be a fan. After this people went ape **** requesting Sonic and then he happened. BUT it's safe to say that Snake will probably never lose the mantle of "Internet Breaker". Cloud came close. He came REAL close. But Snake was from a M rated, primarily Sony franchise, with an upcoming PS3 Exclusive game. That was ****ING insane for 2008. Cloud was from a franchise that had a long history with Nintendo and while his game wasn't on Nintendo, he was, and so was a LOT of his franchise, Final Fantasy is rated T as well. For 2016 it doesn't seem like he should be that big of a deal and yet, he was. That's damn impressive in it's own right.
Video games are just amazing aren't they? :joyful:

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
Capcom has more a presedence set for crossing over fighting games, Nintendo only really has smash. It'd be Capcom for sure, besides who wouldnt wanna see Ryu vs Goku.
Huh...I actually would love a Shonen Jump vs. Capcom more than a Smash vs. Shonen Jump game. For one, when it comes to SSB, I just want more Nintendo content. For two, I really liked Tatsunoko vs. Capcom a lot and Shonen Jump vs. Capcom could feel like its spiritual sequel, and for three, I'd rather see these manga characters in a hyper over-the-top 99+ ground-to-air-to-to-ground combo screen-filling Hyper Combo game.

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
Huh, well I might as well share my reactions.
I'll only be doing Ultimate newcomers because it's the first time i've followed a Smash game's release.

:ultinkling: I was freaking out. Sure they were expected, but I didn't expect a Smash game to come out this year.
I still remember thinking "what is this, Splatoon 3ds?" and then the Smash ball appeared in her eye.
I was giddy the rest of the night. I still get giddy thinking about it.
Hype=10/10

:ultdaisy: It was more hilarious than hype for me, but i'm still glad Daisy's here.
Hype=HI IM DAISY/10

:ultridley:I was never on the Ridley bandwagon. I like him now, but I really didn't care before. My excitement was more focused on the fact that Sakurai actually went and did it than the character himself.
Hype=SAKURAI YOU MADMAN/10

:ultsimon: Literally didn't care. The fact that we already knew sucked the fun out of it. (cool trailer though)
Hype=1.5/10

:ultrichter: I was confused because I had no idea who he was. Then I found out and stopped caring.
Hype=Literally who/10

:ultchrom: I'm happy he's here. That's it.
Hype=5/10

:ultdarksamus: She looks cool. That's it.
Hype=5/10

:ultkrool:I was more laughing than hype, that trailer was hilarious. Like Ridley, I like K Rool now that i've had time to warm up to him. I really didn't care before.
Hype=6/10

:ultisabelle: I was excited for the character herself, but the trailer wasn't exactly exciting. I'm glad she's in though, and a new Animal Crossing is coming.!
Hype=8.5/10
:ultinkling: Earned their spot but I don't like them or their series, stay away.
:ultdaisy: Thought it was a slap in the face to us Waluigi fans but now I'm fine with her. Love the sassy walk.
:ultridley: ...god I wish I had recorded the meltdown I had that day. I'll never react like that again to something in my life. Blessed day that was.
:ultsimon: Sweet, always respected his series even though I haven't found time to play them yet. Bring on that music.
:ultrichter: Even better, I was well aware of who he was and thought he was cool, plus this opens the gates for Shadow to join soon hopefully.
:ultchrom: ughhhhhhhhh why oh why do you have to follow me everywhere with your aggressive blandness and why are you just a fourth Marth ughhhh
:ultdarksamus: HOLY F*** YES I WASN'T SURE IF SHE'D MAKE IT BUT SHE DID YES OH YES YES YESSSSSSSSS
:ultkrool: Never played a DKC game but always supported this fat lug, I remember laughing at his trailer a lot. His expressive character design and personas are a hit with me.
:ultisabelle: Not much to say, well-done reveal but eh. Cute but I look forward to beating her up with Ridley still.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
So I guess Cloud won't have a "memory" showcase like all the other fighters when they're shown on the blog. To be fair, Snake never had one, and I don't think Bayonetta will either, since originally she isn't a Nintendo character.

But just IMAGINE seeing this pop up on NINTENDO's Smash website.

View attachment 170561
To be fair, they would probably censor it in a typical Nintendo fashion like this
n10.png

It would still never happen, but it would be hilarious

The_Naraotor

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1669-2956-1774
I can make that for Capcom too:

Dragonball vs Street Fighter
Death Note vs Darkstalkers
Naruto vs Strider
Ruroni Kenshin vs Sengoku Basara
Saint Seiya vs Mega Man Legends
My Hero Academia vs Captain Commando
Yu Yu Hakusho vs Resident Evil
Bleach vs Onimusha
Yugioh vs Ace Attorney

and so on.
I imagine more Weekly Shonen Jump vs DC Comics like that the more infamous debat Superman vs Goku would end.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I can make that for Capcom too:

Dragonball vs Street Fighter
Death Note vs Darkstalkers
Naruto vs Strider
Ruroni Kenshin vs Sengoku Basara
Saint Seiya vs Mega Man Legends
My Hero Academia vs Captain Commando
Yu Yu Hakusho vs Resident Evil
Bleach vs Onimusha
Yugioh vs Ace Attorney

and so on.
Those are pretty good too. Whether vs. Nintendo or Capcom. Either one would be fun.

I'd also would want pre-fight and post-fight dialogue like Marvel vs. Capcom such as.

Bakugou (Pre-fight): H-How can you even fight in such ridiculous shape!? You're an even bigger joke than Deku!!!! - To Blackbeard, King Dedede, King K. Rool and Wario
Bakugou (Post-fight): Do yourself a favor fatso by trying to lose all that weight, then maybe people like me will start taking you more seriously in a fight! - To Blackbeard, King Dedede, King K. Rool and Wario

Last edited:

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
sneaking low to the ground, ready to pounce
All the reveals so far for Ultimate other than Isabelle have been at least an 8/10 for me on hype. I don't mind Isabelle now, but her reveal was pretty bad.

But man, I still remember how I felt during Ridley's trailer. I had just started a summer-long internship in New York and was pretty miserable, and was at least looking forward to E3 to keep me going. I managed to catch E3 during my break. The entirety of the Smash segment had me glued to the screen, the one time I really flinched was the 'Olimar's helmet takes damage' bit. But man, was I not ready.

"We have one more thing to show you..."
"Alright, hit me with the cool clencher character."
*sci-fi location*
"Alright, let's see what we got."
*Samus takes a step*

I LITERALLY felt my heart stop for a moment.

*Mega Man DIES*

I felt the most excited I'd been in years.

*Mario DIES*

Genuinely hadn't been happy like this for a long, long time.

*Ridley is ****ING CONFIRMED*

Had I not been at work, I would have screamed.

I'm a bit of a depressed boi right now, things aren't going too well. But this game is genuinely a beacon of hope for me right now and I just need it here sooner than later.
I feel ya. Smash is the same to me for similar reasons. ^^ And your Ridley reaction was similar to mine except I was at home a scared my roommates with my cheer. :p

The DanMan051

Banned via Warnings
:ultinkling:: Expected/10, couldn't care much less
:ultdaisy:: "Oh, so they're finally doing premium character alts-- wait nah"
:ultridley:: Another completely expected addition, makes perfect sense from a marketing perspective and was leaked months beforehand
:ultsimon:: Leaked before officially being leaked via the Galaga track name change; very unsurprising addition
:ultrichter:: Only big surprise so far, and is the character I'm most excited for.
:ultchrom:/:ultdarksamus:: Completely expected, pretty meh overall.
:ultkrool:: Again, super expected. At least he and Ridley are confirmed in.
:ultisabelle:: Only surprise was that she wasn't an Echo; the fact the topic Verg made on gamefaqs re-confirming Simon and bringing her up was nuked (which only happens if there's major trolling/rule-breaking going on... or actual legit leaks, like links to streams of games that aren't officially out).

Honestly, after Greninja, Robin, and Shulk, Ultimate's very disappointing in the newcomer department for me.

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
Huh, well I might as well share my reactions.
I'll only be doing Ultimate newcomers because it's the first time i've followed a Smash game's release.

:ultinkling: I was freaking out. Sure they were expected, but I didn't expect a Smash game to come out this year.
I still remember thinking "what is this, Splatoon 3ds?" and then the Smash ball appeared in her eye.
I was giddy the rest of the night. I still get giddy thinking about it.
Hype=10/10

:ultdaisy: It was more hilarious than hype for me, but i'm still glad Daisy's here.
Hype=HI IM DAISY/10

:ultridley:I was never on the Ridley bandwagon. I like him now, but I really didn't care before. My excitement was more focused on the fact that Sakurai actually went and did it than the character himself.
Hype=SAKURAI YOU MADMAN/10

:ultsimon: Literally didn't care. The fact that we already knew sucked the fun out of it. (cool trailer though)
Hype=1.5/10

:ultrichter: I was confused because I had no idea who he was. Then I found out and stopped caring.
Hype=Literally who/10

:ultchrom: I'm happy he's here. That's it.
Hype=5/10

:ultdarksamus: She looks cool. That's it.
Hype=5/10

:ultkrool:I was more laughing than hype, that trailer was hilarious. Like Ridley, I like K Rool now that i've had time to warm up to him. I really didn't care before.
Hype=6/10

:ultisabelle: I was excited for the character herself, but the trailer wasn't exactly exciting. I'm glad she's in though, and a new Animal Crossing is coming.!
Hype=8.5/10
:ultinkling: Expected, deserved, happy with her
:ultdaisy: Couldn't possibly care less. Zzzz...
:ultridley:I'm just happy this can be put to bed
:ultkrool:Very happy
:ultchrom: Wanted back in Smash 4, too little too late, don't care anymore
:ultdarksamus: Very, very happy...
:ultdarksamus: ...then very dissappointed, it was more exciting to see as a Smash 4 Assist Trophy
:ultisabelle: Couldn't care less. Zzzzz...
:ultsimon: It took a minute, but it kicked in and I realized how much I'm happy with him
:ultrichter: Okay

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
:ultchrom: ughhhhhhhhh why oh why do you have to follow me everywhere with your aggressive blandness and why are you just a fourth Marth ughhhh
Seeing Lucina fans call Chrom bland or Chrom fans calling Lucina bland has always been the funniest thing to me.

As I disclaimer, I don't think either of them are especially bland.

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
I imagine more Weekly Shonen Jump vs DC Comics like that the more infamous debat Superman vs Goku would end.
That debate will never end, even after Death Battle who were still not lazy like matpat back then.. Did the math and the research. Even went over the philosophies of both characters to decide defintiviely who would win. And the Cult of Goku are STILL butthurt about it. Heck the fact that he could be shot and nearly killed while SSJBlue isnt enough. Or that Beerus Exists. or Jiren.

Edit: Especially Jiren, who is basically Batman. Think about it Goku needed the help of how many people to take down BATMAN!

Edit Edit: Uh did i just spoil the ending to Super for anyone? Sorry..

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Newcomer Reactions:
---
:ultinkling: - I kinda figured that Inklings would be in the next Smash installment. That being said, I was happy that they were confirmed nonetheless.

Rating: 7/10
--
:ultdaisy: - I lost my mind for a good clean five minutes. Was the most hyped character for me in the initial reveal, and I am still happy she finally is in Smash.

Rating: 10/10
--
:ultridley: - It was only a matter of time. Being leaked didn't help either. Was glad Smash finally pleased the Ridley fans.

Rating: 6/10
--
:ultsimon: - ****ing yes. I was astounded when I saw his reveal. But not nearly as astounded after Richter appeared.

Rating: 9/10
--
:ultrichter: - I was amazed to see Castlevania get two newcomers at the same time. Being an echo was kind of disappointing but understandable.

Rating: 9/10
--
:ultchrom: - Another Fire Emblem character. And he's an echo. I'll stick with Ike. Opossum Opossum 's reaction made the reveal worthwhile though.

Rating: 3/10
--
:ultdarksamus: - I'm not really big on Metroid in general, and Samus just isn't a fun character, in my opinion. Cool looking character, but means little to me.

Rating: 2/10
--
:ultkrool: - I hate K.Rool fans. I like K.Rool. So shutting them up and getting him playable at the same time was truely Smash Ultimate's finest hour.

Rating: 8/10
--
:ultisabelle: - Hyped more about Isabelle than I did Daisy. Backed her since day one and never gave into the "she'll be an echo" bull****. Also **** you Nook.

10/10.

The DanMan051

Banned via Warnings
Seeing Lucina fans call Chrom bland or Chrom fans calling Lucina bland has always been the funniest thing to me.

As I disclaimer, I don't think either of them are especially bland.
It's funny to me because I've found basically every FE Lord either bland and forgettable, a stu, or some mixture thereof.

It ties back into the whole "I don't want X character in Smash because of their personality" deal, with people knocking Robin's chances back in the day because they're a generic avatar with no functional personality.

The_Naraotor

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1669-2956-1774
That debate will never end, even after Death Battle who were still not lazy like matpat back then.. Did the math and the research. Even went over the philosophies of both characters to decide defintiviely who would win. And the Cult of Goku are STILL butthurt about it. Heck the fact that he could be shot and nearly killed while SSJBlue isnt enough. Or that Beerus Exists. or Jiren.

Edit: Especially Jiren, who is basically Batman. Think about it Goku needed the help of how many people to take down BATMAN!
Lol what is worst is that I love Dragon Ball more than DC Comics to be honest, but the Dragon Ball Fandom are so much toxic to a degree that It's still amaze me, heck proven reccently with the Dragon Ball Minus integration in the new movie.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Also, rating newcomers quickly because I think I done that before:

:ultinkling: 7/10 Hype reveal and cute characters. Splatoon fans' joy made me like them even more, even though the gameplay not my thing.
:ultdaisy: 4/10 Cool.
:ultridley: 0/10 *no comment*
:ultsimon: 7/10 Not big on Castlevania but he's a legend with cool weapons.
:ultrichter: 8/10 Same with Simon but liked him better.
:ultchrom: 6/10 Not my favourite character but Awakening is still my no. 1 FE game and he finally had his chance. Plus, was happy for Opossum Opossum
:ultdarksamus: 4/10 Cool.
:ultkrool: 0/10 *no comment*
:ultisabelle: 9/10 BEST GIRL IS HERE!

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
Lol what is worst is that I love Dragon Ball more than DC Comics to be honest, but the Dragon Ball Fandom are so much toxic to a degree that It's still amaze me, heck proven reccently with the upcoming with Dragon Ball Minus.
I love em both equally at this point, but youre right about the fanbase though honestly thats literally ANY fanbase nowadays. Even this one. And also i don't think Goku could stand a chance against ANY DC comics hero.

I'd make a game out of it asking for DC Comic Book heroes whod beat Goku and why

Such as Wally West Flash being so fast he can travel faster than teleportation (See: Flash The Human Race Storyline) which breaks Goku's even limited Instant Transmission technique,

buuuut this is a Smash board and I'd eventually get the boot again for it.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
So is anybody thinking if maining a newcomer? I'll try everybody out but I'm very interested in :ultkrool:. Adding a heavy to my team would let me have an alternative style to throw others off. Also interested in :ultridley:, for the same reasons.
Really interested in Isabelle. Depending on how the Lloid rocket and fishing pole work, she could be a trap based character, potentially making her scary in teams. I can already imagine the nonsense that Isabelle and Snake/Villager teams will be capable of.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
It's funny to me because I've found basically every FE Lord either bland and forgettable, a stu, or some mixture thereof.

It ties back into the whole "I don't want X character in Smash because of their personality" deal, with people knocking Robin's chances back in the day because they're a generic avatar with no functional personality.
Chrom at least can be a bit of a dork, so he's likable if not just because his supports are entertaining to read. That could just be 8-4's magic touch, but he's definitely one of the better FE lords in my opinion. If anything is bland it's Awakening's story, not its lords.

A lot of lords tend to lean a bit towards the "stu" side but rarely quite get there. I'd say Corrin is the only one who does, and even though I haven't played FE12 word of mouth tells me Kris is one to. Some guys like Ephraim push it from time to time but put them next to Corrin with all that player-pandering and suddenly he doesn't seem so bad.

Last edited:

The_Naraotor

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1669-2956-1774
I love em both equally at this point, but youre right about the fanbase though honestly thats literally ANY fanbase nowadays. Even this one. And also i don't think Goku could stand a chance against ANY DC comics hero.

I'd make a game out of it asking for DC Comic Book heroes whod beat Goku and why

Such as Wally West Flash being so fast he can travel faster than teleportation (See: Flash The Human Race Storyline) which breaks Goku's even limited Instant Transmission technique,

buuuut this is a Smash board and I'd eventually get the boot again for it.
Lol perhaps but I don't thing the Smash Bros communty is that toxic. not on the level of Sonic / Star Wars / Dragon Ball lol.

Anyway COME ON ERSB LEAK THE THING MY BODY IS REGGIE !

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
My hype levels for each character...

:ultinkling:We all saw them coming, but they look great 9/10

:ultdaisy:"i'm sorry, what?" 8/10

:ultridley:I'll be honest, he was a bit predictable, and looks a bit basic 2/10

:ultsimon:Sure he got leaked beforehand, but he still looks fun 9/10

:ultrichter: Never expected him, however, I ain't even mad... 9/10

:ultchrom:Looks like he did get his chance another day 7/10

:ultdarksamus: I'm fine with her, but she had a lot more potential as something like a semi clone 5/10

:ultkrool:My reaction during the trailer: "It's gonna be K.Rool right?... Called it. At least he's in for the fans, I guess" 0/10

:ultisabelle: I loved Villager in Smash 4, so getting her is kinda icing on the cake for me... 9/10

Last edited:

Rayman001

Smash Cadet
:ultinkling:: Expected/10, couldn't care much less
:ultdaisy:: "Oh, so they're finally doing premium character alts-- wait nah"
:ultridley:: Another completely expected addition, makes perfect sense from a marketing perspective and was leaked months beforehand
:ultsimon:: Leaked before officially being leaked via the Galaga track name change; very unsurprising addition
:ultrichter:: Only big surprise so far, and is the character I'm most excited for.
:ultchrom:/:ultdarksamus:: Completely expected, pretty meh overall.
:ultkrool:: Again, super expected. At least he and Ridley are confirmed in.
:ultisabelle:: Only surprise was that she wasn't an Echo; the fact the topic Verg made on gamefaqs re-confirming Simon and bringing her up was nuked (which only happens if there's major trolling/rule-breaking going on... or actual legit leaks, like links to streams of games that aren't officially out).

Honestly, after Greninja, Robin, and Shulk, Ultimate's very disappointing in the newcomer department for me.
I give these opinions ExpectedInHindsight/10

If you were seriously expecting Ridley and K. Rool, then you were just astronomically lucky to expect the right characters, as pretty much nobody thought they were likely before the game was revelaed. Sakurai literally said Ridley wouldn't happen, why did you expect him?

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed

:ultdarksamus: I'm fine with her, but she had a lot more potential as something like a semi clone 5/10

:ultkrool:My reaction during the trailer: "It's gonna be K.Rool right?... Called it. At least he's in for the fans, I guess" 0/10

:ultisabelle: I loved Villager in Brawl, so getting her is kinda icing on the cake for me... 9/10
Villager is my favourite Brawl character as well.

Noipoi

Howdy!

:ultisabelle: I loved Villager in Brawl, so getting her is kinda icing on the cake for me... 9/10
Villager in Brawl

What alternate dimension are you from?

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
:ultinkling:: One of my favorite newcomers by far.
:ultdaisy:: Gives me a way to play as Peach without having to be Peach
:ultridley:: I called it during E3 and pissed off my friends cause they told me I was just saying bull**** but I ended up being right.
:ultsimon:: Part of my original set of predictions. Have thought it'd be neat for a little while now.
:ultrichter:: Had no idea who this was until the reveal. Arguably a more interesting reveal than Simon, because everyone was expecting simon and nobody expected prettyboy.
:ultchrom:: Probably my favorite of the Marths.
:ultdarksamus:: Will probably use more than Samus.
:ultkrool:: YESSSSS
:ultisabelle:: Trailer was exciting for me. Not just cause I called her being attached to Animal Crossing's announcement, but because I genuinely really liked the trailer. Everyone expected her but not as a semi-clone. All in all, one of my favorite new characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom