• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Please explain how it doesn't? This is only a theory too, is it not? How would an argument against theories not apply against a theory?
"All these theories are false so this one must be false too"
Because it would need to? I don't see how this is evidence that my point is invalid. That's assuming that this was a pattern designed for only two more in the first place, which to my knowledge, has no evidence that it is other than speculation, which is not fact and can still be argued against as much as it can be for.
"Because it would need to" implies it needs to change when that's 100% speculation.
Also, explain to me why would anyone design something with a clear intent of it being final to then just go back and change it.
In that case, could the box not be designed the way it is because not everyone is revealed yet? Claiming it is the way it is because Isabelle hadn't been revealed yet only implies that this was specifically designed not to give anything away, and giving stuff away is the core argument of this theory
You believe the current box we know of was made from scratch. It clearly wasn't.
Its final design was made, and THEN they removed the unrevealed characters.
Isabelle was removed because she had yet to be announced but nothing was changed or moved.

Untouch

Smash Master
WHAT is taking the blog so long?
I shouldn't be anticipating something but I am because of this.

7NATOR

Smash Master
WHAT is taking the blog so long?
I shouldn't be anticipating something but I am because of this.
That's what im saying. everyone is focused on the music theory being dead, but meanwhile the Blog nor Twitter hasn't updated yet. it's been an HOUR and 30 MINUTES past the usual blog post time

and the music is on the music page

https://www.smashbros.com/ja_JP/sound/index.html

but not on the blog or twitter

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
"Because it would need to" implies it needs to change when that's 100% speculation.
Also, explain to me why would anyone design something with a clear intent of it being final to then just go back and change it.
They may only knew of Incineroar and Ken just to get everyone they could before having to print a bunch of boxes and ship 'em to stores while they still had time.

FurretBro

Smash Apprentice
NNID
FurretBro
I'm really glad the music theory's dead. This leaves room for more speculation, and God knows we're running low on things to speculate.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
That just means you have bad taste.
Or maybe it means not everybody gives a damn about Fire Emblem, a franchise which owes it's popularity in the west to Smash in the first place :p

Over-represented. Three characters was enough, especially when Zelda, Nintendo's #3 most important franchise, only has 6 compared to Trash Emblem's 7.

Taste is subjective. You like anime waifu simulator, I don't. Ain't no reason to throw shade at each other over it.

D

Deleted member

"All these theories are false so this one must be false too"
I could easily flip that back at you and say: "All these ideas are mine, so that must mean this theory is right"

Again, where is the evidence? Plus, I never once said box was fake. I am neutral, I'm simply curious what the reasoning behind thinking it's already confirmed is.

Just speculation, when that's all the Box Theory itself is? Please explain what makes your speculation more reasonable than mine with factual, irrefutable evidence that is not one's subjective opinion.

You believe the current box we know of was made from scratch. It clearly wasn't.
Its final design was made, and THEN they removed the unrevealed characters.
Isabelle was removed because she had yet to be announced but nothing was changed or moved.
Please explain to me where you obtained this information. Do you know the person (people?) who made this design? Have they or Nintendo themselves told you personally that that is how it went down, and can you verify it? That is all I ask, as you are accusing me and others of only speculating when it seems like all you are doing is speculating scenarios you can't prove just as much as we are.

Dragoncharystary

Smash Lord
Aaaaaaaaaand music theory which was already on life support lying there in the corner coughing up blood was approached by Sakurai and he brutally stabbed it with a knife multiple times.

So my boy Bandanna Dee still has a slight chance!

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Or maybe it means not everybody gives a damn about Fire Emblem, a franchise which owes it's popularity in the west to Smash in the first place :p

Over-represented. Three characters was enough, especially when Zelda, Nintendo's #3 most important franchise, only has 6 compared to Trash Emblem's 7.

Taste is subjective. You like anime waifu simulator, I don't. Ain't no reason to throw shade at each other over it.
Did I touch a nerve? :p

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Actually, it isn't clear if Steve? is DLC or not. So as of now, Verg only has two confirmed base game characters. The Box theory matches with Verge.
If we're looking at just Verge and the Box Theory, they match only if the SE rep and Steve are DLC.

However, Verge hasn't predicted EVERY unique newcomer in the game (he didn't mention K. Rool at all) and hasn't predicted any echoes outside of Ken.

So if there is a least one additional character (echo or unique) that Verge didn't leak that's in the base roster, the box theory is deconfirmed (for specifically predicting only one more unique and one more echo).

Enchess

Smash Lord
Friendly reminder, useful predictors (using as blanket term for theories and leaks) have some features:
1 - They follow a clear pattern (with leaks the pattern is "the characters ___ said", so true by default on leaks)
2 - They have a logical explanation for why the pattern might be intentional (trivially true for leaks, strongly true for box and music theory, imo weakly true for blog theory)
3 - They make predictions that can later be used as evidence for/against them (was true for music, got killed by it. There's a problem here for blog. Too much wiggle room to the point you can't tell if pattern holds)
The strongest predictors are those that are strongest in these categories. #1 is a huge issue for almost every "similar" theory people brought up to discredit box or music theories, which is why box/music theorists feel like opponents are being willfully dense sometimes.

#2 for leakers, despite being trivially true, is much much stronger for leakers who can explain logically how they obtained info. More believable the explanation, the stronger the leak is as a predictor. For theories, #2 is another crucial difference between music/blog/box theories and strawmen theories. Sure, there are other patterns people can find, but unless you can provide solid reasoning for why they are intentional like music/blog/box, you are just proving you don't understand music/blog/box by using those as counters.

#3 is obviously the reason Verg is by far the strongest predictor so far. We have gotten results using him as a predictor. This so far is a to be seen on box/blog. For music, it was actually a strong point in favor, especially with the delay on Isabelle's music. The theory predicted strong coupling between music and reveals and that delay showed that the two are almost certainly not decoupled, even if Music Theory is deconfirmed. Ironically, the strongest of these three aspects of predictors for Music Theory became it's weakest aspect, so much so that's it's completely sunk at this point.

TL;DR - please keep in mind that music/blog/box theories aren't just arbitrary patterns and (up till now for music) they actually had merit in other categories in which we can judge predictors.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
I’ve developed a desire to see Agumon revealed as the next fighter and watch the salt pile higher than ever.
I'd actually be okay with Agumon getting in (though I'd prefer Jibanyan I'm sorry please don't kill me)

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
But I don't understand how this week's track is significant, like FE breaks the theory. There is no anticipated FE non-echo and if echoes were a factor in the music theory it would've broken with Daisy.

Also anybody who thought Pokemon not aligning with the theory meant Pokemon wouldn't get a newcomer instead of the theory simply being bogus is impressively delusional.
A major reason why people thought the music theory had substance is because the AC remix got purposely held back until after Isabelle's reveal. There's absolutely no way that wasn't planned. I don't think it's fair to glance at the surface of this theory and call anyone who believed it "impressively delusional" when it's already proven to have at least a little substance to it possibly being true.

Regardless of the FE track, I still believe the Music Theory has substance. We might not be getting one track per series like we had thought (meaning newcomers can no longer be narrowed down), but I fully expect new upcoming tracks to go along with any newcomers revealed around that time. In other words, if we get a Pokemon rep, I feel safe in saying we'll also get a Pokemon remix shortly after.

Last edited:

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura

Please do go on, my fries are HORRIBLY dry and tasteless right now.

Like holy **** man, there's a fine line between different "taste" and absolute blind venom. And in this case, you can fill an ocean with that venom.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

>No reason to throw shade
>Throws shade
Notlikethis.png

That said, I do wish we got some non-triforce characters and/or the Links be completely decloned.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I mean its certainly possible Shadow maybe the next or among those revealed this or supposedly this month being it'd be the 10th anniversary since Sonic's announcement in Brawl.

I'm calling for Team Fake though.

7NATOR

Smash Master
would love for it to be true but I'm sure it's fake.

I'll try to reverse search it later or something.
probably, i think i've seen the render before. I don't want to get too excited...well i already did, but i calmed down

lightdrago

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW 2938 1058 0987

>”no reason to throw shade at each other”
>”Thrash Emblem”

Okie doke

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Semi-clone does honestly make a lot more sense. She doesn't exactly fits Robin's proportions or dimensions.
That's not the issue. They're closer then, say, :4wiifit::4wiifitm:.

The problem is that they don't share fightong styles. A slow, heavy hitting Celica just wouldn't be right.
You like anime waifu simulator, I don't.
Oh boy, this again.

Sonic fans are manchildren, Pokemon fans are mindless zombies, and FE fans are thirsty weeaboo trash. Or so the stereotypes say.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
>No reason to throw shade
>Throws shade
View attachment 169025

That said, I do wish we got some non-triforce characters and/or the Links be completely decloned.
That was the intention, yes. Congrats, you get a cookie!

Did I touch a nerve? :p
Nah, I just don't need four more Marths added to the damn roster when characters who actually matter in the grand scheme of things aren't there mate

Please do go on, my fries are HORRIBLY dry and tasteless right now.

Like holy **** man, there's a fine line between different "taste" and absolute blind venom. And in this case, you can fill an ocean with that venom.
Nah, I just don't like the style of game Fire Emblem is. Nor do I care about it's dry, lazy, lousily-written stories or bland, fetish-friendly characters.

Lattenzo

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2621-3172-9784
Switch FC
SW-6477-3999-3958
Please be more constructive in your replies.
I demand Nintendo make a Animal Crossing JRPG where Isabelle has to fight some kind of... *shuffles cards* evil dark wizard ... cat. And save the village.
lol k

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom